Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• nmydstnmydst Member Posts: 30
    Update on GM Buy Back: Our dealership has been wonderful during this process as well as GM Buy Back services. The thing is, is that we want the a similar vehicle :mad: to the one that we are giving back. Same color and trim. GM is fine with that. Our dealership is doing everything possible to find that vehicle for us. Our problem lies with 3 other dealerships that have played games (out of town in other states) and either have lied about the vehicles or said they would do a vehicle swap with my dealership and then won't return phone calls. This whole process would be over and done with if these other dealerships would just not play games. Right now the vehicle that has everything I'm looking for is sitting on a dealerships lot and the sales manager agreed to swap the car out for another one with my sales manager and now is not returning his calls. The car is just sitting there!!!!! Of course the color and trim I love is VERY hard to find. Everything I have been through with the car and now with all these dealerships I'm so over it. Thank god my dealership and GM Buy back have been very patient and helpful otherwise I don't know what I would do. But I do need to make a decision soon and will probably have to give in and pick a new color I don't want on a $45000 vehicle!
  • charpercharper Member Posts: 1
    I don't like to complain however I have had more problems with my 2008 GMC Acadia. Long story short it has all the features I want along with style. I have a family of 5 and it fits good. I bought the vehicle with 18K miles on it and it now has 40K. I have had two fuel pumps put in, the sunroof repaired twice, the sunvisor repaired 3 times, the rear trunk fixed. If I am low on gas, the car will not start and I have to roll backwards out of my driveway in the street to start it. When I first took it to the dealership they told me not to park in my driveway when Im low on gas. When I take a sharp turn or try and accelerate, the car will bog down at times and not go. It seems like many acadia owners face the same issues. I have spoken with general manager, repair facilities and others who confirm these issues with Acadia however the service department doesnt seem to know whats going on and it appears Im the first person with this problem. They cant seem to duplicate the problem. I will say the dealership has been ok in their servicing. The issue is Im tired of taking the car up there, it drives like crap and I cant get rid of it. I think Im going to wait on the new Ford Explorers to come out and trade for that. Thanks for letting me vent. This is actually my first time ever posting or blogging or whatever you call it.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Charper,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have been experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look at your concern further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • alexk4alexk4 Member Posts: 27
    Charper,

I'm sure you paid a nice penny for your '08 Acadia, and, yes, you have every right to complain! Who tells someone they can't park in their driveway and they have to roll the car into the street to start it--that's totally absurd! Don't listen to what the service department is telling you that no one has the same problem--they do that to cover their tracks. Google "lemon lawyers" in your state and call one to see if you have a case. Keep your service receipts and take detailed notes. If you have the time, read some of the posts on this forum--it will truly make you ill. Trust me, it doesn't get any better--Good luck!
    Mariah,
    Its very nice of you to apologize to each person that's having problems with their car. Yes, I am in litigation because every turn I took with GM led to a brick wall. After months of frustration, my car not starting after heavy rain storms, radio on when the car is off, going through several dead batteries, missing countless days from my job, missing appts. I had for my children, waiting at car rental agencies, dealing with a less then accommodating dealership, yes, you apologizing does not make me feel any better. GM not recognizing the huge amount of problems with this car is to me a slap in the face. I know of two other people that bought '08 Acadias around the same time I did and both have had to put new transmissions in. Is that ridiculous in a less then two year old car? I think your executives need to take a long hard look at this forum and speak to "the people". What does it take to own up to your mistakes?
  • broominatorbroominator Member Posts: 1
    I've been lurking on here for a while, but had to join now that my 2008 Acadia has been towed to the dealership from home. After reading all 700 plus postings over the last few months, I was ready to take my Acadia in to start the process of fixing the power steering whine... until last night... my wife noticed that the carpet was wet on the passenger side and everything went to hell in the space of a few hours.

In the past 12 hours, I've experienced just about all the problems people have reported on here, including the run-on engine problem (took me >15 minutes to get it to turn off, even after removing the key), radio coming on and off at weird times, stability track turning off on its own, check engine light coming on and staying on with an electronic squeal coming from the tranny area after the car has been shut off.

I called the dealership first thing this morning, who understandably couldn't get to it today, so I planned to take it in on Tuesday. As I went to go load the kids up to leave, I told my wife "I'm going to laugh if it won't start"... I got to laugh, even while the kids got in her car and they left (thinking I was insane)... my next call was back to the dealership asking if they want me to call a particular tow company. I am soooo not looking forward to hearing the news from the dealership!

Thanks all for posting your issues, so I know what to expect- I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end for my beloved Acadia... :(
  • duijiduiji Member Posts: 17
    broominator, I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I will tell you from this point on your vehicle will no longer be dependable. I have a 2007 Acadia and I have had nothing but issues. You've read the posts so you know already how many people are having these problems. I will tell you that the beginning of the end actually started when they made these clunkers in the factory.

Good luck to you, I hope you do not get walked on like some of us have.
    Hello Broominator,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with the vehicle. Can you please let me know how it goes at the dealership? I hope you have a nice holiday weekend. Thank you,
  • krystal4krystal4 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Well here I am...frustrated. We bought our 2007 Acadia new, and it has been in the shop way too much. I have lost all confidence in this vehicle and now afraid to drive it. It has had power problems from day one...a delay in shifting. So passing a car is scarey. Now it downshifts too much and the RPM's go up to 6-7. The dealer tells me this is normal. Well, sorry not normal when you are trying to pass a car and have a delay in acceleration, and when it does kick in the RPM's go way up. That can not be good for the car engine, and who will have to pay for that in the long run.

Also has had computer problems. None of the monitoring systems was working correctly...mileage, odometer, and etc. That took 3 visits.

The latest is the power steering. I took it in months ago for a whining noise in the steering and they said just a problem with the hose or something. Then just a week ago it completely went out. We were just getting ready to head up a dark winding road. Good thing it went out before that...OMG! So stayed in a hotel and went to a GMC dealer. Replaced the power steering fluid pump. It has been a week and now it is doing it again. When at slows speeds you try and turn and it is like turning a tank. Now I'm afraid to drive it as I live in the mountains. Also afraid to pass people.

This was not a cheap car and shouldn't be having these problems. Oh..only 39,000 miles on it. So what next? I want out of this thing and still have 2 yrs of payments, and a car I feel is unsafe. So dissapointing as we really liked the room and features this car had. If it wasn't for all the mechanical problems we would consider another Acadia. Every other crossover doesn't have that third seat and the room.

Can someone tell me about the Lemon Law. I live in California. This is our only vehicle, and we need to get something reliable. Unfortunately, we just had a nightmare with our daughter's Toyota RAV too. Is there any car out there that is comparable to the Acadia (options) that has good reviews? Anyone done research and purchased something they like. I'm not sure what to get now. Is Audi a good car or Nissan? Help!

Thanks for any suggestions,

Krystal
  • countryatheartcountryatheart Member Posts: 1
    After reading all this on here, I guess I have been fortunate, I bought in Nov. of 2007, I bought a 2008 Acadia,, I have to say today is May 31,2010 and I have not had one bit of trouble with my Acadia. I paid cash for it $ 38,000. It only has 21,000 miles on it, I stay home so it doesnt have many miles on it...I came into a settlement and was the only reason I was able to pay cash, but anyway,, I have not had one bit of trouble with it, because of financial reasons I had to trade it in so I could get something cheaper and have money in my pocket, Whoever buys this vechile will get a great deal, low mileage and no trouble at all,,, I loved my Acadia and didnt want to get rid of it.
    Hello Krystal,
    I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Can you please email me so I can get some more information from you? I would like to look into your situation further. You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • Tobster1Tobster1 Member Posts: 12
    Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I bought a 2007 Saturn Outlook (same car just under Saturn). It was nothing but problems from the start. Water leaking with several repair attempts, mine also had delays in acceleration power on the highway which was very dangerous and the straw that broke the camel's back - power steering failure while taking turns in the rain. Saturn (GM) tried to fix the problems several times and finally I ended up filing for lemon law against them. They tried to "negotiate" and give us the runaround for several months (of course they knew they were going into bankruptcy so why not drag it out?) Well, I said enough of the bogus GM offers and the runaround of never hearing back from them, switching my "case" to different departments, not returning calls and I requested an aribitration under MA law. Well, they fought with their runaround up until the day before the arbitration where they requested a final "inspection" to use against me in the arbitration . . . then the day of they wanted to enter into settlement discussions and continued to offer a bogus settlement (by this I mean low ball, ridiculous, insulting offers) and we went forward with the arbitration and won. Luckily I received the decision from the arbitrator three days before GM filed for bankruptcy protection. GM had to take back my Outlook and fully reimburse me for any monies I spent on the car minus a percentage for mileage. At this point I had owned the car for 18 months. I went out and bought a new 2009 Honda Pilot (actually have owned it for a year now). It was the best decision I have ever made. Not ONE problem. and guess what? it accelerates fine on the highway, doesn't leak and NEVER loses its power steering! And in the end I ended up with a Pilot that had more options and paid $7,000 less for it and has NO PROBLEMS. I will never buy a GM vehicle ever again. Unfortunately you should check you CA lemon law. Not sure how long you ahd to file for lemon law. Although look into whether or not you can track your issues back to within the filing period. For MA we had to have three failed repair attempts to file lemon law with the first repair attempt being made within the first year of the vehicle. Good luck.
    :) I've been going through this buyback deal for the last 31/2 weeks now with no luck locating me a vehicle or getting a dealership to do a vehicle trade with my dealership so I can have a new car. I gave my dealership new color options and decided to settle with whatever they find instead of sticking to my guns and trying to get what car I want (color, options and trim level). My dealer found me 2 today. Not exactly what I wanted. I am bummed. Spending that kind of money on something that I really don't want is disappointing. I talked to my area rep today to fill him in on what is going on and he said he does not want me to settle and rush into something that I will not be happy with. That he is disappointed that these other dealerships have been so unwilling to help. The only way for me to get exactly what I want though is to order a whole new car and it would be a 2011, which doesn't come out until August. My problem is my husband and I are sharing his car (which started having problems this weekend). He said if you could have it your way what would you do? I said I would have GM pay for a rental until my new car came in and order exactly what i wanted and he said fine then that is what we will do. So, my husband and I are going to go either tonight or tomorrow to order our new car. We're going from a 2009 to a 2011. Yes we will have to pay the difference of the MSRP of my car and the new one and any "extras" we add onto the new car which there is only one thing I want to add on and that is the second row console. So I'm praying that everything goes fine with the ordering, making and delivering and the life of that new car. We've been threw enough with all of this. I'm just thankful that we have an awesome dealership and area rep. People please don't give up. Know your rights and never give up!
  • janislejanisle Member Posts: 7
    I just called to bring my 08 Acadia in, it too is leaking water in the driver's side pillar, out the side airbag square! But I got the added joy of hours of the Brake Assist light, brake light and very loud chimes going off at the same time! We 6 hours from home and had to keep stopping to press the emergency brake and then let it pop free to get it to stop. Sometimes it would only stop for a few minutes and start again! The thing that gets me sooooooo mad is that they recalled this water problem on "some of the batches of cars" that is what I was told today. So another words the rest of us with the same problem have our car wiring getting wet and ruined until it finally rains so hard that we actually SEE water! I've had the car for almost 2 years!! Really GMC? If it were on the recall it would have been fixed and not caused any other damage to my car! I had a Honda before this and also own in our family and Toyota Camry and Civic and they all cost a lot less than this fully loaded, top of the line Acadia and the three cars, never a problem, NOT ONE! I will never buy another GMC!
    Sorry to hear about your problems Janisle. I guess at any moment Mariah, our lovely GM Customer Service person, will be emailing you asking you to contact her. Is she really a person or just a computer spitting out the same message to everyone? Unfortunately with these cars, I don't know that a recall would help. I've had so many leaks already with them caulking this, repairing that, and it still doesn't help. I'm taking mine back in tomorrow for the "service air bag" light being on for the past two days. It was on a few months back, but then went out again and I never took it in. Has anyone had this problem? I'm wondering if moisture and/or humidity are getting into the airbags from the leaks and are now causing problems? I worry as I have a teenager daughter who sits in the front passenger seat. What if I were in an accident and the bag didn't deploy due to it being faulty? The fun never ends with these cars! I have 10 more lease payments--I can't wait. You're right Janisle, there are so many less expensive cars that are maintenance free. I just can't get over the people that are in negotiations to have their cars bought back or leased back and then are buying/leasing new Acadias! They must be out of their minds! I know you couldn't give me one for free! :lemon:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Is she really a person or just a computer spitting out the same message to everyone?

We are assured by GM that Mariah is a real live person. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Hello Janisle,
    I apologize that you have a concern with your vehicle. Can you please email me so I can get some more information from you? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Hello Alexk4,
    Sorry not a robot! :) However, I have spoken to you before and I would like to look into your situation further. I know that you are very frustrated with your problems with your Acadia. I would just like the opportunity to help. Now, if you would like me to look into your concerns further you can email me. Thank you,
    Wow, the more I investigate the more problems I find. Yes, I have had the "service air bag" light come on a few times and then disappear. I also had a day when I went out early in the morning and my car read 64 degrees, hours later as the day got warmer, as I ran errands I noticed it still said 64 degrees. When I was at a light on the way home I watched the temperature go from 64 to something like 80 (don't remember the exact number). I was on the cell with my husband and was telling him what it was reading as it was going up! I absolutely loved my GMC, I used to drive a "Mom Mini-Van" and bought this as my "back to being me car." The Honda I traded in had 90,000 miles on it and I put a total of $39.00 into it! We have a Camry with 100,000 miles on it, and our daughter's Civic with 78,000 miles, all run great and no WATER! I don't want to say it, but "What Was I Thinking?" The Honda Pilot & Toyota Highlander reminded me too much of a mini-van so I didn't buy it. I loved the look of the Acadia and my brother-in-law has an 07' Acadia which didn't leak until AFTER I bought mine. I did some research and a lot of the upscale Crossovers are rated horrible! My Acadia had a sticker price of $47,000. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would buy a car this expensive and now this? It is absolutely ridiculous and totally unacceptable, I refuse to accept it and I plan to make it my full-time job and life's goal to resolve this problem to my satisfaction! I could not be more mad and disgusted with GMC!
    janisle, Do you have that hole in the roof called a sunroof? If so and it has leaked then you will probably be having some contstant electrical problems in the future. Headlights, liftgate, starting, radio and etc....
    Yes, I do have a hole in the roof called a sunroof! Humor is a good thing at this point! First car I ever bought with a sunroof. However, my husband has had many cars with sunroofs over the years! No leaks from any of them! I'm lucky enough to have TWO Sunroofs! Thankfully the rear one doesn't open or leak, yet.
    MIne leaked in the back but did not suffer from many of the electronic issues. Just the hatch opening when it wanted to and mold and mildew. I think the front causes more problems with electronics and depends on the amount of water that was leaked before the problem was corrected. I myself never had it leak in the front but know of friends and read others who have. My problems were a majority of mechanical problems; struts, engine, power steering and etc.
  • vicki_lynn21vicki_lynn21 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 08' Acadia for a little over 2 years, first as I was driving home in a snow storm the wipers quit on me, after I had gotten that fixed it was recalled a few months later. After having the radio on for about a half hour without the car running the battery died. When parked on any sort of and incline and the fuel is "low" the car will not start unless you roll it to level ground. Several times once it is in park the shifter is literally stuck and you can not get it into drive (always happens at the worst times). My temperature reading gets wacky, it was reading 100+ degrees on a cool day then back down to 50 and back again. Now, the back hatch will not open. I have had to replace the tires 3 or 4 times, I have had to replace the brakes (pads & rotors) 2 times. :mad: My husband and I are looking into trading this headache in for a different make and model of car.
  • mgjohnson77mgjohnson77 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2010
    I can not tell you how disapointed I am in this vehicle. I have @31K Miles on my -09 Acadia and have been in the Service Department about 15 times! Im scared to death of my bumper to bumper warranty coming up in 5K miles! I asked GM to extend my warranty but they declined. GM own up to the problem vehicle this is and give us extended warranties free of charge. This speaks nothing of the time it takes to Bring the vehicle in to service 15 times.

MARIAH- If you really want to help. Extend my warranty and I will post to GMCs Credit on this site.
    Janisle,
    I took in my car yesterday to my GM dealership to have them check the air bag light coming on. (My attorney advised taking in the car for every problem and making sure I get a service receipt for every problem.) The cause: "high resistance". I have no idea what that means!!! He said they checked all the wiring and disconnected and reconnected the wiring under both seats. I asked him if the air bag light coming on had anything to do with the multiple leaks I've had in my car and he had the nerve to say, oh, your car has a leak? I think this guy sees me more then he sees his wife and he had the nerve to say that? I know they see a lot of people in a day, but I consider myself a regular in that place. Its raining pretty heavy now so I guess I'll be setting my alarm a little earlier and starting the car to see if I'm going to work or if I'll be waiting for roadside assistance to show up!

I haven't had the problem with the temperature, but I'm sure that will happen sooner or later. It seems that something new is always showing up!

I also looked at the Pilot and Highlander and liked the look of the Acadia as well. My husband really fought me because he really liked the Pilot, but, of course, I got my way--and boy did I ever! I feel the same way about getting justice from GM to have then come clean and admit that there are major problems wrong with the Acadias. It really upsets me that we've all spent so much money on these cars and what do we have to show for it. A pile of service receipts!

I'm in the process of looking at colleges for my son and we can't even take this car when we go out-of-state, because I'm too afraid of getting stranded. Spending all of this money and not even having a reliable car just doesn't make any sense to me.

Good luck Janisle. Are you in litigation? If you're not, you should be.
  • lemonowner08lemonowner08 Member Posts: 36
    If you have the time and the patience, then keep on GM, but check the 1-800-lemon-law to see if they help you in your state. They didn't in mine and our state's lemon law is week. I just got tired after 2.5 years of trouble. Of course, it cost me dearly to trade it off, but I did it a month ago. I feel like all of us were in a bad science experiment and we didn't get paid to be a part of the test group, instead we paid. We are done with GM. I am very pleased with my new Murano. I understand there is another GM recall which includes the Acadia involving the danger of fire. What a piece of work. Good luck if you choose to keep yours. I think GM owes all of it's owners, past and present, a pretty good settlement for all of our trouble and lost money. The government bailed out the GM execs, but did nothing to assist the consumers that received these defective vehicles. No more GM for this family. :sick:
    Hello Vicki_lynn21,
    I am sorry that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Can you please email me with more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Hello Mgjohnson77,
    Are you currently having any problems with the vehicle or did they get them fixed? Can you email me so I can look into your situation further? Thank you,
    alexk4, I got my car back and avoided all of them but the cashier (no charge but got copies of everything) for fear of just losing it and becoming a screaming maniac! I wanted to go into the dealership showroom and scream DON'T BUY IT! After speaking with the guy in the service department I thought I should just pick up my car and leave, deal with GMC not the dealership. Our service guy also had amnesia, must be something in the water at GMC. He told me that GMC was good enough to cover the cost even though it was not under warranty! I said, yes it is, I purchased an extended full warranty. He said "it does not cover water leaks!" Are you kidding me? I found the booklet and low and behold, it does not! I was not happy with the way he spoke to me like he was aggravated and I had absolutely no reason to be! So, we not only over paid for this nightmare but we also paid $950.00 for a useless extended warranty! Talk about adding salt to the wounds!

I was told the water leak was repaired and I have paperwork from "Water Doctors" a company that specializes in "Automotive Water, Wind & Dust Leaks" Are they serious? I asked this service guy on the phone, what happens if it happens again? Is it covered? He said "I'm not saying that." I asked about the warning light that keeps coming on and bells ringing, he says to me that there is no "Brake Assist warning light" I said what? He said, "there is a Brake Assist ON warning light" Next time I'll write down so I get it exactly right. He's worked for GMC for 20 years? No wonder they're in trouble! He told me that light comes on when the brake is on, I started to say it wasn't on and he said "Why don't I let you talk first and finish and then I'll talk" so I went on about the problem and when I was done, there was silence for about 20 seconds. He then said "are you finished?" I could get more customer service from McDonald's than I got at this dealership! And the GMC rep, never called me back!
    No one would own up to anything, GMC makes Watergate look like a little white lie! Honda, Honda, Honda, Toyota!
    Is there a class action suit? I'm going to look into it.
    Good luck with the college search, did that 3 years ago with my daughter in my Honda Odyssey and no car trouble. Next will be my son in a few years, better think about a different car for the road trips!
    The new recall is for the heated windshield washer fluids, they are dis-connecting them and giving people a $100- as I understand it from the News. BUT lucky for me that I have a GMC Acadia that allows water in so with any luck, when the fire starts, the water will put it out.
    Extended warranty doesn't necessarily mean anything, I was told Water Leaks etc. not covered! I have a Major Guard warranty "Protection Plan" from GM and the service guy was right, it is not covered! My brother-in-law has a 2007 Acadia and got, in writing a 94,000 warranty for the water leak problem he had. It's covered if it ever happens again. Problem is, the water has done a lot of damage before you can see it or feel it.
  • tammydenfeld74tammydenfeld74 Member Posts: 7
    Don't do it!! I bought an acadia my first ever new car. NOTHinG but problems. They can't seem to figure out in 2 1/2 year of going to the dealer and working with GM directly why it leaks. I now have electrical issues and no warrenty. GM isn't going to do amything about it!! I will NEVER buy new again and will remember always that GM doesn't back their vehicle!
    I bought my first ever new Acadia on Nov 4 07. My husband and I have 4 children and I wanted a smooth riding cool looking vehicle that we could keep for a long time. Boy was I wrong!! First time in shop Dec 8. My car has been in and out of the shop soooo many times it is terrible. On our family vacation to NYC Christmas 07 we had rain POURING in from where airbag area is on both sides of front by window, under the dash and glove box, from front roof area (filled cup holders) and back passenger window area. It has been in and out of shop. I finally was tired of being nice and called gm directly. My dealer worked with the dealer to TRY and figure the problem out. Several times they went back and forth. Meanwhile recalls on washer wiper heater (fire hazard nice!) and drainage issue (surprise huh). My :sick: car still not fixed. After 1 1/2 years still no fix. Called GM they apologize for all of my trouble gave me one year free oil change and tried to fix AGAIN. Well a year has gone by the free oil changes gone but the one thing I still have.....A FREEKIN LEAKING ACADIA!!!! Now it has no more warranty. Now GM says it's my responsibility to fix (even tho they never fixed it to begin with) NOW I have a bonus of electrical issues. Window that won't roll, mirrors that don't fold in, airbags that says is off when should be on, break service light, check engine light and all of these problems come and go. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Moody car? I don't think so! GM seriously said at one point the car wasn't designed to park on a hill(excuse for poor design) also said that I couldn't prove water caused my electrical issues!! Yes I am sure on all their electrical components directions say... For best use submerge in water!! My husband is a full time fireman and a fulltime EMT to afford this car. He works 48 on and off 24. All I have been offered it Texas lemon law. They buy back at it's current value I pay difference and we r even. Car worth=23,000 balNced owed 31,700. Wow what a deal so generous of them. Stay away from this P O S!! They don't back their cars! SD thing is 3 of my girlfriends bought Acadias too. 2 could afford to trade. I am going to give mine back and have bad credit and the 4 one has had hers 9 months and in shop 7 times. Stay away!!!
    Oh almost forgot also...the compass quit working, roof has water water stains, electric seats stick, fm radio sounds terrible much better on xm or iPhone docked, all 3 vent covers have never stayed on from day one was broke, the stabilitrack isn't working and abs makes horribly loud noise in front of car. Gonna paint the windows with yellow lemons until I give it back to GM and tell them to stick it!
    Janisle,

You sound like me when I'm in the service department dropping off or picking up my piece of garbage (I can't call it a car anymore). Do I rant and rave or do I try to be calm and get out of there as quick as I can? I've been to the showroom when people are in there, but my dealership doesn't even sell the Acadia anymore. I wonder why?

OMG is all I can say about the extended warranty. I'm guessing they didn't tell you that the extended warranty doesn't cover water leaks! Its just amazing to me. Did you buy? I don't remember, did you say you're in litigation yet? If you're not, you should be. I have 10 mos. left on my lease. I'm now trying to settle my suit to have enough money to pay off the lease, park the piece of garbage somewhere until the lease is up and buy something foreign (without a sun roof). Although I have to say I've pretty much always had a sun roof with other cars I've owned and never had a problem.

With respect to recalls, it seems the only issue with them when its something life threatening as in the car catching fire. I would think with so many people having water leaks, that would be a recall as well, but they don't know how to fix it! Having a feature in your car that you paid for and them disconnecting it is rather bogus to me. I guess that's where the money comes in that you were talking about. My husband said he heard about this on the radio, but I haven't gotten any notification yet.

I haven't heard anything about a class action suit, but I know a few weeks ago, someone posted something on this site about setting up a separate website for Acadia owners to post problems -- I don't remember if he was going to take this to GM or not. I'll have to look it up again.

Good luck Janisle.
    We purchased brand new. I am going to look for another vehicle and I am going to give them their piece back. They tried and tried to fix but couldn't figure it out. As for safety issues well the air bag on passanger side doesn't work half the time the recall on heated wipers causing fire and they can't get that figured out either. Just a bad deal all around!!
    alexk4, That was me that started an Acadia Website. My post got removed because I guess I cannot solicit on this forum, my bad. Even thought GM Reps are on here soliciting a solution; my solution was not accepted. What I wanted to do is try to gather a list almost like a petition. That way if anyone wants to make an attempt at a major lawsuit (class action) they would have a list to start with. I have gotten out of my acadia as of 2 weeks ago but no settlement, I fought the dealer for an even swap. I was angered by the problems everyone along with myself were having and wanted to contribute to the cause. I'm not a lawyer, I am an IT person so I thought the best I could do was start a website to gather everyone together. I don't have enough of my own stuff to fill the site just alot of bitterness toward GM.....
  • mgjohnson77mgjohnson77 Member Posts: 6
    I have posted on this site that I have had my 09 Acadia in the shop about FIFTEEN Times. Today GM offered me a $100 service voucher if I would agree that I was satisfied with GM! If I would not say that I was satisfied, no $100 Voucher! This difinelty did not improve my opinion of GM! :lemon:
  • hdonahuehdonahue Member Posts: 2
    I had my car in back in March for it just dying on me while driving. They had my car for 3 or 4 days and couldn't reproduce it. They thought it was the air filter being dirty so they finally replaced it and cleaned out the air intake valve. It seemed like it might have been the solution until it started acting up again a couple of weeks ago. It's been hesitating on me (I try to press the gas pedal and the car acts like it's going to stall, then it comes back and the door locks go off). It died on me twice in one day. The only suggestion I got from the dealership was to sign up for onstar again and have them do a diagnostic when it dies. Well, I signed back up, but it hasn't died. It's done the hesitation thing on me a few times, but my vehicle report came back clean. I know there's something wrong with the electrical system or computer. I just wish they'd either fix it or give me a new car. I don't feel safe in this one, especially with my two kids (5 and 1).
    Please go back and read all my threads. My car did the exact same thing! Onstar could not reproduce it. My car has been in and out of the shop and finally GM has agreed that the car is too dangerous to drive and I'm in the process of a buy back. They could not find out what was actually causing it. My car is on their lot torn to pieces. They had a tech fly in who actually builds these cars and he could not find anything but some grounds but could not say for sure if this was causing it and we told them that we did not feel comfortable getting into that car not just because of what it was doing but what it could possibly do now that it's been torn apart. Don't give in and let them give you a bunch of bull. The things it's doing is dangerous. Document everything. From phone conversations you have had and with whom. Keep every document from the service department. You can always go and ask for a copy. This happened to my family 5 times in a major dangerous situation when GM said ok. I hope this helps.
    alexk4
    Is this crazy or what, what has happened to standing behind a product as expensive as this? I will smile when they go under as I smiled when many as big as them folded! What happened to customer service? I keep asking myself, what was I thinking buying a GMC rather than Honda or Toyota? By the way we purchased the car, it's not a lease.
    I got a call from Honda two days ago, our daughter's car the 2001 Civic has a recall for the airbag!!!!! 2001? OMG we thought she was in a safe car when we bought the Civic! The recording said we would receive a recall card in the mail, it then said "failure to bring the car in and have it fixed could result in injury or DEATH!" I've about had it with all cars at this point.
    As for the Acadia, I just can't trust it, it started to rain the other day and I thought, omg I hope water isn't leaking into my car. We're looking at the Acura MDX which is what we should have bought but for some reason I took that stupid Acadia for a drive loved it and all good sense and intuition just flew out the door. My brother-in-law had one and he loved it, that is until it leaked! The problem with keeping it is that I know GMC WILL NOT STAND BEHIND IT down the road if something else leaks! I have several friends and people who were drooling when I got my Acadia, when I drove up to my son's Karate School for the first time they came out to look at it they were so impressed. I am going to SPREAD THE WORD NOT TO BUY A GMC ACADIA to everyone and anyone who will listen! I don't want to get rid of my Acadia but I don't feel I have a choice. I also plan to notify Consumer Reports and as many media people I can find to let them know what GMC is pulling. They never called me back, knowing I was not happy!
    As far as the "extended warranty" which is more garbage, no they did not tell me at all what it DIDN'T COVER but live and learn, next time I will ask them to go over what isn't covered not what is. In my wildest dreams we never thought a $47,000 GMC would have a water leak or two or three or SEVEN I'm told! I just want it gone!
    Hello Hdonahue,
    I am sorry that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • hoppybillhoppybill Member Posts: 5
    I own a 2007 acadia. Beautifull looking SUV, but that is about where is starts and stops.I average about 31,000 / year, so it is never sitting idle. I have a whining sound, since new, that occurs when taking a right-hand curve only. Not a sharp turn, just a curve in the road and only the right side. I had the engine timimg belts, all three, at just over 56,000, in late 2008. Spent a week in the shop. Last year the steering system went out. Because it is NOT part of the power train, it is not covered under the 100,000 mile warranty. Spent $975.00 to have the pump replaced. While I have not had any water leaks, after the recall fix for drainage in the sky-light , sun-roof windows, I have a rattle.
    Hello Hoppybill,
    Did you ever tell the dealership that you have a rattle after the fix and about the rubbing when you turn? Thank you,
  • coloradotexcoloradotex Member Posts: 1
    2008 Acadia. Big family with dogs, etc. Drive into the Colorado mountains daily. $700 replacement of steering pump. Transmissions replacement the next week (under warranty); GPS does not work due to computer. Heat gauge goes crazy. Check engine light periodically comes on. Stays on for a couple of days and then goes out. New shifting problems - up shift, down shift and lack of power sometimes when you need it. Too many problems at a full retail price when I could have purchased a Lexus for the same price.
  • 2010acadia2010acadia Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a 2010 Acadia SLT2 that occasionally doesn't unlock the rear doors even if you are in the car and push the door unlock button. Whenever it happens I have to put down the rear window and manually unlock the door. The problem clears itself after sitting awhile or if it has been powered off and on a few times. The car has been back to the dealer twice and will be going back a third time this week for the problem. Dealer states they have never heard of this issue before. Is your issue fixed? and what was it?
    Hello Coloradotex,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage so I can look into the situation further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • laaka6laaka6 Member Posts: 1
    I have a GM complaint #. I have spoken to the Regional Rep 3x and all they will offer me on a car I bought with 9 miles, 2 wks ago that I returned within 36 hrs because the engine light came on and the molding( still not fixed)....cam shaft sensor needed to be replaced, is an extended warranty, when I asked to have the care replaced. NEVER will I buy GM and NEVER will I buy from Burns GMC in Marlton, NJ !!!! I am so disgusted I can't see straight....after the Svc Manager called me this morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cactusflowercactusflower Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    My mother's GMC 2009 Acadia has a problem where it appears to be in park, the key is OUT, take the foot off the brake and it rolls back. It rolled into their garage door causing damage and damaged the back bumper. I also witnessed it. Their car (automatic) was in my almost perfectly level driveway, key out, in park, foot off brake and it was rolling again backwards. I checked the gear shifter and it seemed to be in park - but had more play than I thought was usual. He took brake off and it rolled a lot - it would have rolled into the street if he hadn't stepped on the brake again and put the emergency brake on. GMC can't find a problem, and had a 3rd party check it out - can't find a problem. What do you next with GMC - they won't pay for the damage.
    Get a lawyer! GMC does not back up their product as I'm sure you can see from this forum. These vehicles are expensive and its a shame the way they treat their customers. Hopefully you will get some recourse either from a lemon law lawyer or try a regular attorney since this problem is dangerous and the car doesn't sound like it should even be driven.

As an aside I have always owned Volvos. I went to the Acadia because I have a 16 year old son who is 6 ft. tall and still growing. We outgrew the Volvos (unfortunately). I once had an S80 and when I first had it I always smelled gas. I brought it in several times and they couldn't find a problem. They then flew in a technician from some other state kept the car several days (I always had a Volvo loaner car) and found a hair line fracture in the gas tank. Replaced that and I was back on the road. I never ever had to call and complain -- Volvo was proactive about this issue from the start. That's the way a car company should be! FYI: Volvo also give free maintenance and they are great safe cars! As you can tell, I miss having one!

Good luck to your Mom!