Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newcarsearch1newcarsearch1 Member Posts: 6
    I decided to take Prestige (+floor mats) over GLK350. I paid $1000 toward delivery. It is supposed to be moved from port at NJ for $225. I’ll pay invoice + $1000 +$225 = $48147K. Additional expense: Audi Care – 740, VA 3% Sales Tax, L/T - $300, $100 Proc. Fee. MSRP for this car - $50150. Good luck to everybody. I would not say that buying a car is a pleasant experience. Hope in several days all that will be behind. Alex
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I just hope u don't get into the transmission problems.

Good luck.
  • newcarsearch1newcarsearch1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. We are need good luck.
  • stubestube Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the market for the q5, I was wondering if you had any luck on getting a deal in Chicago land area? If so where, when and how much below msrp? Thanks
  • stubestube Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the market for the q5, I was wondering if you had any luck on getting a deal in Chicago land area? If so where, when and how much below msrp? Thanks
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    That's why the RX has been the "Sales King" of the luxury SUV's
  • dallaspatentdallaspatent Member Posts: 10
    I recently put a down-payment on a factory-order new 2010 Q5 Premium with only the Audi music interface and no other options. I bought it from Austin for $37,175 plus $125 dealer documentary fee plus $2,527 tax and license, for a total of $39,827. Cash deal, no trade-in. This dealer was fairly easy to deal with. We did everything by fax and e-mail until it was time to pay the down-payment. Lead time on a factory order is 3-4 months. MSRP on the car was $38,475.

I had negotiated a deal with Audi in Oklahoma City. But, when I tried to place the order, they did the old trick of adding a $200 fee that I had already told them would be included in their price. I don’t deal with people whose word can’t trusted. I would strongly advise staying away from this dealership. If you deal with them, be prepared to have them add fees to boost your price.

I made at least three solid offers to Ft. Worth. They had absolutely no interest in dealing with me and ignored my offers. Several other dealerships said they’d be happy to take my order at MSRP but couldn’t be bothered to discuss any discounts. I contacted every Audi dealership in TX, NM, OK, KS, MO, AR, LA, MS, TN, and AL. New Orleans was the only one (besides Austin) that responded with a reasonable price. Most of my offers were made during December 2009. The final deal was done in mid-January 2010.

The three dealerships in my city had no interest in anything except taking an order at MSRP. I even gave the local dealership that gave me a test drive the opportunity to match Austin’s price and they couldn’t be bothered to respond.

I get the distinct impression that most Audi dealerships have something going on besides the auto business. They’re certainly not serious about dealing with potential customers. Most of them seemed unhappy that I was bothering them, and only three (Austin, N.O., and OKC) ever responded to repeated offers at $37,000 or above. I don’t know what business they are actually in, but it’s not the auto business.

I’m wondering whether the car I ordered will actually be made and delivered despite the fact that I’ve put a refundable down-payment. I’ll post again when I take delivery of the car.
  • ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    Well, so I guess I was not alone then! Of the 4 Audi dealerships here in Cleveland, OH, only ONE did not ignore me, and that's the one in Lake County. The other ones were, I guess, selling too many Q5's to even notice my well-qualified wallet and super credit history! Maybe there isn't really a recession, after all! LOL!

Even if the Q5 is a hot car now, there is no need to treat your customers like that. That is certainly one thing that the Lexus dealerships do so much better - though their RX is selling several times the volume of the Q5, when I went to their showroom, the very professional and well-dressed salesperson treated me with respect and enthusiasm. If only I had enjoyed the marshmallow ride of the RX....

I think it's hilarious how Audi dealers act like this is the hottest car of the century. It's only selling about 1500 per month anyway. It's nothing to write home about, but then I guess it's "hot" because it's in short supply here by design.

Audi is a luxury brand but sadly, it does not have the luxury dealerships to match.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    That's what sort of happened with me when I ended up leasing my
    '07 RX350. I had narrowed my choices down to between the RX
    and the Acura TL. While I was not treated outright rudely by the Acura dealership in my hometown, the Lexus dealer just seemed to have their act put so well together. They seemed to bend over backwards or reach out to me a lot better than the Acura dealership did, and the sales person was very knowledgeable about their product and was patient enough to allow me to test drive three different Lexus vehicles and also take home an RX overnight to get to know the car on my own.

At the Acura dealer, I had to wait over an hour for the salesperson that I had called and made an appointment with to test drive the TL because said person was out test driving with someone else. The Acura salesperson also was not familiar with the supposed "incentives" that were being offered by Acura USA.

So, yeah, I think it probably did make a difference in which vehicle I ended up getting.
  • carbuffsince5carbuffsince5 Member Posts: 2
    Folks, I test drove the $51800 MSRP Black on Black today at Rusnak in Pasadena, CA. Good experience. I felt the ride was stiff though I loved the performance and the handling. Tried the paddle shifters and thought I'd definitely use them to kick down the gears for even better performance. We thought the backseat was good but maybe not as plush as the one's in ML350. The cargo area was weak and we were doubtful whether it will be smaller than what we'll need. The salesperson offered $700 over invoice without haggling. He said this offer is only good for today as he has to make January numbers. I probably would have bought.
    My wife wanted to make sure we don't want a slightly bigger SUV. So we'll test drive ML350 and X5. We may look at an RX350. I love the Q5 but since it is going to be my wife's car, she may not want the performance and probably would like a more comfortable ride. I am not interested in the look of the non S-Line.
    Good luck with your search!
  • stipendstipend Member Posts: 2
    I have a Plus arriving in 2 months. Is the Audi Care at $ 740. worth it? Seems expensive for filters/fluids for 3 1/2 years.
  • slavigulaslavigula Member Posts: 9
    A finance guy at Audi told me that I have to do maintenance at scheduled intervals anyway because otherwise I will lose Audi warranty. He also told me that without buying Audi Care I will end up paying around $1,200. It’s a 4 years or 50k maintenance plan. He said I will pay around $300 for each maintenance visit. There are 4 visits total so it comes to approximately $1200.

I don’t know how much of this is true though.
  • stipendstipend Member Posts: 2
    The dealer told me the 1st maintenance is at no cost, whether you have the Audi Care or not.
    I also heard the $ 740. is negotiable and can be purchased up to the 1st maintenance.. Anyone have more info on this?
  • manupmanup Member Posts: 24
    I just negotiated Audi Care into the deal when I purchased the Q5, AOA paid for it. You too can have it as part of the purchase, it wasn't difficult, don't know unless you ask and press a little.
  • albonyaalbonya Member Posts: 11
    I was really impressed with the Audi Q5 performance and ended up leasing one after getting a rock bottom price.

Then I was charged for a Lo-Jack but it turns out, the car never had one. It takes them 2 months to credit the amount they overcharged me. Instead of the dealer sending you a check, they keep the money and let Audi Financial deal with it.

Within 90 days, the Engine Malfunction Light comes on while driving. I'm first told by the lady at the dealership that I probably left the gas cap loose and it should reset in 24 hours (??).

After that didn't work, I'm told that it's probably the emissions system. The manual says if this comes on it may be a problem with the catalytic converter - which clearly shows they are aware of faulty parts even when the car was first being manufactured!

After reading horror stories of people dropping their car off at this dealership and not seeing it again for 30-60 DAYS, I asked about providing me with car to drive in the meantime.

Guy tells me Audi doesn't do that and that any loaner is done through Budget Rental car where they give you a discount on the first day and then up to $35 a day after that. Which is the Sub Compact Rate.

When finalizing your deal make sure you read the list of things that Audi DOESN'T provide their customers with along with a car purchase/lease. Then look at BMW and other luxury car makers and see what they offer. This can save you a lot of money and headaches.

Audi = Luxury priced cars with Low grade treatment for the customers who buy them.

Total Joke
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Sounds like most of your issues are with your dealer, not Audi...

So.. which dealer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• melmar2melmar2 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for the Feb money factor and residual value for the Audi Q5.
  • drakej1drakej1 Member Posts: 7
    I am considering a Q5 - fairly basic configuration - with just premium and nav system. I am curious as to what others have paid or what I should expect to pay over invoice. Thanks for any helpful data.
  • khestkhest Member Posts: 5
    Anyone with prices in Florida on Prem Plus, 19" wheels, Nav, & Bang/Olufsen??
  • stma1stma1 Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2010
    IT is true, I just went thru a repurchase, everytime at the dealership I noticed the
    SAME vehicles there, simple parts take weeks to come in, the only thing they stock is oil and filters, I am not exagerating, also tons of people coming in with check engine lights, electrical issues, etc, I drank the Audi " koolaid" , I am glad I puked it up, never will deal with Audi again, I frequented two dealerships, same crappy service and attitude, they act like it is your fault, you have been warned!
  • khestkhest Member Posts: 5
    Any opinions on purchasing Audi care??
  • jabberjawsjabberjaws Member Posts: 9
    I am in market for Q5 and qualify for supplier discount program so don't know if I should push for any extras other than the 6% discount they give you with this discount. Does anyone know if the dealer loses that 6% in their commission, or does Audi refund them this $$. I've read conflicting comments on this message board so want to ensure I dont' get ripped off.
  • manupmanup Member Posts: 24
    If you buy, get it! I negotiated it into the price I paid for my Q5, you can too. Services are much less with it.
  • ltjbukemltjbukem Member Posts: 31
    it was for a Q5 premium plus.

anyone think this is a good deal?
    interent manager i PA accepted my offer of $500 over invoice for a premium plus. no other options.
  • shin2sx2shin2sx2 Member Posts: 7
    which dealer was this at? so how much did you end up paying?
    willow grove audi.

haven't purchased. the internet mgr never got back to me with fees and how he came to invoice price.
    wayne right? with $500 over invoice, what was the final price?
    the best I've gotten so far on east coast was 43992 for
    dark grey paint + premium plus + nav + all season mats + wheel locks..

about $1100 over..invoice.. which was at annapolis md..
    I think I'm going to settle w/ this one..?

Is 43992 bad for those options? anyone think i can do betteR?

gluck w/ your search though.
    nope. i asked for a quote on a premium plus. he gave me a quote on a premium with ala carte options. be careful.

of course, the dealer never wants to be transparent and give you the line by line invoice items. buyer beware.
    looks like audi dropped base prices $825 across the board on the q5 from what i can tell. can others confirm??

i checked kbb and it seems correct.

thanks,
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    Hi. The $825 is the destination charge. You'll pay that to get out the door.

As for selling you extras alacarte, you'll pay much more. Each of those included extras of the Premium Plus would add thousands more than just keeping the deal simple with Premium Plus...Got mine in two days for keeping it simple with no trade in, own financing and refuse their extras, except possibly AUDI-CARE @$750. This was however, a purchase and not a lease. Good Luck.
    After trying to negotiate now for a month with EVERY Audi car dealer in the state of Georgia, I've decided the heck with this Q5 and got instead a Lexus RX350. I'm very happy with my decision -- got $6000 off sticker on Lexus and decided against the Q5 because the salesmen at every Audi dealership I called lied about not being able to come off the MSRP because "they can't even keep them on the lot." The funny thing is that every time I went back in person -- even after a month -- the SAME exact Q5s were sitting there on the lot gathering dust. Moral of the story -- don't believe their CRAP that they can't come off the MRSP -- do yourself a favor and spare yourself some heartache and just buy a different make/model.
  • tsoltsol Member Posts: 40
    If it's only about how much you can get off MSRP, then the Q5 would not be at the top of anybody's list. Sometimes there is no choice but to pay-to-play and, to me, true heartache would be settling for driving an RX350 for years just to save a few bucks a month.
    Believe me, it's more "than a couple of bucks." It's about $6,000 difference for the EXACT same features so approx. $100+ per month. The RX350 nav. is also far superior and driving performance is smoother so I know I made the right choice!
  • lmariorodlmariorod Member Posts: 21
    Amen tsol. He settled. Had we not gotten the Q5, the XC-60 would have been next. The Lexus RX-350 is so lame with one at every other stop light. We never would have settled for the RX.
    But he says he "CALLED" every Audi dealer. You have to visit them and play their game until you get a fair deal. You may have to go multiple times...I'll bet Lexus jumped on him on his first visit.. The Q5 ROCKS!!
    from a dealership in nj

q5 premium plus (base pkg, no options)
    msrp 42,700
    truecar.com truecost 39,823
    invoice 39,760
    offer of 39,985 and threw in audicare.

sounds like a great deal to me. getting it under invoice because of the
    free audicare thrown in. this was via costco car buying program.
  • speedyhenspeedyhen Member Posts: 5
    So... I am looking/deciding between the XC60 and the Q5 for my wifey! Now I got a H2 and a Tahoe and the wifey hates both cause of their size and being that we are looking to have kids in the next year or two, it only seems right that the Q5 or XC60 might be perfect choices (and maybe even the SRX).

What are some prices you guys have gotten for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles/year and no more than $2,000 drive-off (so down + all taxes + fees).

Here is the type of car I am looking for:
    Premium Plus
    Rear Side Air Bags
    (B&O Sound/S-Line Package/19" wheels: I wouldn't mind these but don't want to spend a lot for them on a lease).

Please give me some of your feedback and approx. #s of what you guys have gotten, especially if your in California.

Much appreciated,

Henrik

:confuse:
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Hi - Did you ever get a response to this post? I also qualify for the supplier discount program and am in the market for a Q5.
    edited March 2010
    I don't know what your question was -- are you asking about the percentage? If so, it's 6% if you are eligible for Supplier Discount. I've confirmed this with Audi's corporate offices after a sleezy salesman at an Atlanta dealership lied to me and told me it was 3%. When I later told him it was 6%, he wouldn't return my calls -- I guess he was too embarrassed because he was caught lying through his teeth!
  • soobahk1soobahk1 Member Posts: 2
    Ordered Q5 premium+, B&O, 19" wheels. March 1st at Bell Audi. Good experience. $668./mo., 12K, $0 down, tax included. Also includes Audi care
    do you mind telling me which dealer in NJ was this?
    looks like you got such a nice deal.. if dealers in MD did that, i would have bought in a heartbeat... free audi care.. also.. pretty sweet!
    dch millburn
    I contacted the dealer, and i asked for the same deal as I told them I knew a person who got a such deal, they wanted to know which salesmen and the person's name..

if you don't mind too much, can you email me salesmen's name and yours also?
    I'd appreciate it very much. here's my email.. cs.shin85@gmail.com

Thank you.
    Colin
  • hope3702hope3702 Member Posts: 15
    When you say 0 down does this include inceptions rolled into lease as well or 0 down meaning (no cap cost reduction)...trying to compare to a deal I put together with dealer
  • roadddog53roadddog53 Member Posts: 7
    except that everyone's mother's sister's aunt drives the RX350, and there are 10-20 in every parking lot around town.
  • bfeldsteinbfeldstein Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know March figures for residual and money factor for 2010 Q5, Prestige, 15K/yr?

Also, does purchase of Audi Care increase residual by 1%. I seem to recall that was the deal when I leased my Q7 3 yrs. ago.
    q5 premium plus, meteor gray, nav package, wheel locks, and all season mats
    msrp was 46020, and i got the car for 43k at DCH millburn in Jersey.

getting delievered on the week of 5/24.

dealer was extremely easy to deal with..unlike metropolitan DC area..
    once again, dch millburn, is selling a car for under invoice, via www.truecar.com

how do they do it?

congrats.
  • ineedq_5ineedq_5 Member Posts: 1
    Question. Is 43K before Tax ?

q5 premium plus, meteor gray, nav package, wheel locks, and all season mats
    msrp was 46020, and i got the car for 43k at DCH millburn in Jersey.
    if it was tax, that would make the price $40k, which would in all likelihood, not be possible. this dealership would not be able to stay in business if that was the case.