Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Ford Explorer Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616
edited September 2017 in Ford
Ask your 2017 Explorer lease questions here! Get info about prices, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2017 Ford Explorer here.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

«13456720

Comments

  • What are the residual and MF for a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT for a 3 yr, 10K/yr lease in MD?

    Thanks...
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    What are the residual and MF for a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT for a 3 yr, 10K/yr lease in MD?

    Thanks...

    56% residual, but no MF info available yet.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • 210mike210mike Posts: 5
    Hello,

    Looking for residual and APR/MF on 2017 Ford Explorer Sport, in San Antonio,Texas.

    36mo/12k/yr and 39mo/12k/yr lease terms.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    What are the residual and MF for a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT for a 3 yr, 10K/yr lease in MD?

    Thanks...

    1.25% APR and 56% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616
    210mike said:

    Hello,

    Looking for residual and APR/MF on 2017 Ford Explorer Sport, in San Antonio,Texas.

    36mo/12k/yr and 39mo/12k/yr lease terms.

    56%/54% residual and 1.25%/1.50% APR for 36/39 months.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ceerod3ceerod3 Posts: 13
    Hello all, for the New Jersey area, may I please know what is the "RESIDUAL VALUE" and "MONEY FACTOR" for the 2017 Ford Explorer Sport for 36 MONTH and 12,000 MILES ? Thank you for your help :smile:
  • lwest804lwest804 Posts: 16
    edited July 2016
    Looking into the 2017 XLT with 202A package and the tech bundle. 36/12 zero down. These are the numbers I've gotten so far:
    MSRP: $ 39,510.00
    Selling Price: $ 37,709.36
    Rebates: $ 1,750.00
    Payment: $ 477.80 plus tax, title & lic (I'm in California)

    Really want a payment at $500 max, including tax. Am I being unrealistic even if I pay the drive-offs? I've been browsing the forums and don't completely understand the residual and MF numbers but any info you can give would be appreciated!

    I've heard residuals are higher when a new model year is released (unless its a total revamp of the car)--is that true?

    Thanks so much!
  • baker332baker332 Posts: 6
    Looking at leasing a 2016 Explorer XLT around the Columbia SC area. What can i expect off of the MSRP? what incentive are there right now on a 2016 with rebates, etc? How about money factor and residual for 15k a year lease?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    ceerod3 said:

    Hello all, for the New Jersey area, may I please know what is the "RESIDUAL VALUE" and "MONEY FACTOR" for the 2017 Ford Explorer Sport for 36 MONTH and 12,000 MILES ? Thank you for your help :smile:

    56% and 1.25%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    lwest804 said:

    Looking into the 2017 XLT with 202A package and the tech bundle. 36/12 zero down. These are the numbers I've gotten so far:
    MSRP: $ 39,510.00
    Selling Price: $ 37,709.36
    Rebates: $ 1,750.00
    Payment: $ 477.80 plus tax, title & lic (I'm in California)

    Really want a payment at $500 max, including tax. Am I being unrealistic even if I pay the drive-offs? I've been browsing the forums and don't completely understand the residual and MF numbers but any info you can give would be appreciated!

    I've heard residuals are higher when a new model year is released (unless its a total revamp of the car)--is that true?

    Thanks so much!

    1.25% and 55%.

    If the selling price is the cap cost, I get $475/mo before tax - pretty close to the quote you've been given. Therefore, I assume the drive offs are excluded from the selling price and you'll pay them at lease inception.

    Yes, residuals tend to be highest at the beginning of the model year, but that doesn't mean the bank won't artificially inflate the residual at some point to help with sales.

    You might peruse this link to help educate you:

    http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    baker332 said:

    Looking at leasing a 2016 Explorer XLT around the Columbia SC area. What can i expect off of the MSRP? what incentive are there right now on a 2016 with rebates, etc? How about money factor and residual for 15k a year lease?

    This is the 2017 Explorer thread; for 2016 discussions, go here:

    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/35591/ford/explorer/2016-ford-explorer-lease-questions#latest

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • 210mike210mike Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    I ended up leasing the 2017 Explorer Sport. We had a couple grand in equity on the 2014 XSport lease so we traded it in early. If it's OK I'll share my numbers as a thank you to the Mods who help us out so much (you are appreciated!)

    I'm in Texas so taxes on the entire purchase price (minus trade in) of the vehicle get added to cap cost. I'm going to round numbers to the closest hundred, just want to give an example deal really. This is for a 39 month/12K mile lease.

    2017 Ford Explorer Sport
    MSRP 52,705
    Sell price: 50,600


    Gross Cap: 53,600 (Taxes, acq fee, other fees, wearcare, tire/rim protection package)
    Rebates: 500
    Trade in allowance: 2000
    Cash including 1st month: 950

    Net Cap: 50,800

    Residual 28,460.70 (54%)
    Rent Charge: 3500 (2.75% APR)
    Depreciation: 22,300

    Payment came out to 662/month

    A few comments: The APR is clearly higher than what gets posted here online. The dealer didn't want to budge and with the 2017's just hitting the lot I couldn't really play hardball. I suspect this is where they make most of their money on the transaction as they sold the car fairly close to invoice when they didn't really have to. The 2017's are just starting to hit the lots and I can't imagine they're motivated to move them quickly. I wanted to trade out of the 2014 while the value was still as high as it was and while I still could (supposedly you can't end a Ford lease in the last 120 days of the lease).

    There was 250 lease cash and 250 returning lease cash rebates available. Trading in the lease early here in Texas also allowed me to only pay 1100 dollars in sales tax instead of 3100+ (Texas taxes new car sales @ 6.25%, and if you lease here you pay taxes on 100% of the full sale price up front, no monthly tax on payments). Best deal ever? No, but I'm happy with the vehicle and feel like it was pretty fair deal for a 2017 that had only been on the lot for 5 days. The best theoretical perfect deal I ran the numbers on had me at 622/mo with 1.5%APR, the rate at 2.75% raised the rent charge about 1600 bucks and the payment roughly 40 dollars a month.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    210mike said:

    I ended up leasing the 2017 Explorer Sport. We had a couple grand in equity on the 2014 XSport lease so we traded it in early. If it's OK I'll share my numbers as a thank you to the Mods who help us out so much (you are appreciated!)

    I'm in Texas so taxes on the entire purchase price (minus trade in) of the vehicle get added to cap cost. I'm going to round numbers to the closest hundred, just want to give an example deal really. This is for a 39 month/12K mile lease.

    2017 Ford Explorer Sport
    MSRP 52,705
    Sell price: 50,600

    Gross Cap: 53,600 (Taxes, acq fee, other fees, wearcare, tire/rim protection package)
    Rebates: 500
    Trade in allowance: 2000
    Cash including 1st month: 950

    Net Cap: 50,800

    Residual 28,460.70 (54%)
    Rent Charge: 3500 (2.75% APR)
    Depreciation: 22,300

    Payment came out to 662/month

    A few comments: The APR is clearly higher than what gets posted here online. The dealer didn't want to budge and with the 2017's just hitting the lot I couldn't really play hardball. I suspect this is where they make most of their money on the transaction as they sold the car fairly close to invoice when they didn't really have to. The 2017's are just starting to hit the lots and I can't imagine they're motivated to move them quickly. I wanted to trade out of the 2014 while the value was still as high as it was and while I still could (supposedly you can't end a Ford lease in the last 120 days of the lease).

    There was 250 lease cash and 250 returning lease cash rebates available. Trading in the lease early here in Texas also allowed me to only pay 1100 dollars in sales tax instead of 3100+ (Texas taxes new car sales @ 6.25%, and if you lease here you pay taxes on 100% of the full sale price up front, no monthly tax on payments). Best deal ever? No, but I'm happy with the vehicle and feel like it was pretty fair deal for a 2017 that had only been on the lot for 5 days. The best theoretical perfect deal I ran the numbers on had me at 622/mo with 1.5%APR, the rate at 2.75% raised the rent charge about 1600 bucks and the payment roughly 40 dollars a month.

    Congrats on the new Explorer, and thanks for sharing your deal details with us.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    I got a 2017 base model quote from a dealer with MSRP $33290:
    The Adjusted CAP Cost is $34,252.22
    The Residual is $18,037.25 or 55%
    The Money Factor is 1.25%
    Total money due at signing:
    If you only put the $3,500 down the payment goes to $403.21
    If you put the $3,500 and taxes down coming in at roughly $5,700 that would give you the payment of $342.08

    Are these numbers right?? thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616
    tommylee2 said:

    I got a 2017 base model quote from a dealer with MSRP $33290:
    The Adjusted CAP Cost is $34,252.22
    The Residual is $18,037.25 or 55%
    The Money Factor is 1.25%
    Total money due at signing:
    If you only put the $3,500 down the payment goes to $403.21
    If you put the $3,500 and taxes down coming in at roughly $5,700 that would give you the payment of $342.08

    Are these numbers right?? thanks in advance!

    The calculations are correct.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • July numbers for 2017

    explorer sport, 10,5/k/yr, 36 and 39 mo in Tennessee
    explorer Platinum, 10,5/k/yr, 36 and 39 mo in Tennessee
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    July numbers for 2017

    explorer sport, 10,5/k/yr, 36 and 39 mo in Tennessee
    explorer Platinum, 10,5/k/yr, 36 and 39 mo in Tennessee

    36/10.5
    Sport - 57%
    Platinum - 54%
    1.25% MF

    39/10.5
    Subtract 2% from residual; 1.50% MF

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • thjuinatlthjuinatl Posts: 1
    Need MF and Residual for 2017 Explorer Sport in GA for 36/10.5k and 36/12k - zero down

    MSRP: $52,555 +7% TAX (in GA upfront)
    I am eligible for X-Plan pricing: $50.065 incl. Tax: $53,569

    What would be the monthly rate?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616
    thjuinatl said:

    Need MF and Residual for 2017 Explorer Sport in GA for 36/10.5k and 36/12k - zero down

    MSRP: $52,555 +7% TAX (in GA upfront)
    I am eligible for X-Plan pricing: $50.065 incl. Tax: $53,569

    What would be the monthly rate?

    1.25% APR and 57%/56% residual.

    $699/mo. or $714 mo., assuming $52,555 is MSRP and $53,569 is adjusted CAP cost.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jmacdaddiojmacdaddio NJPosts: 8
    Does anyone have the residual % and MF for a 2017 Explorer XLT in NJ? 36 months / 12k miles / 13.5k miles if avail. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    Does anyone have the residual % and MF for a 2017 Explorer XLT in NJ? 36 months / 12k miles / 13.5k miles if avail. Thanks in advance.

    1.25% APR and 55%/54% residual.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • explorer Limited, 10,5/k/yr, 36 and 39 mo in Tennessee? Thanks :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    explorer Limited, 10,5/k/yr, 36 and 39 mo in Tennessee? Thanks :)

    1.25% APR and 54%/52% residual.

    Subtract 1% if FWD

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    edited July 2016
    I have a 2017 explorer base model MSRP: $33290
    They told me Selling price is $29909
    Rebate: $250
    Cash Price: $29659
    Sales Tax: $2149
    Total Fees: $810
    TOTAL Cash Price: $32867
    Total Charges: $32617

    $4500 cash down, 36mo/10500mi. Monthly is $325.
    They also told me the adjusted CAP cost is $32867.85
    Please help to advise..
  • 210mike210mike Posts: 5
    tommylee2 said:

    I have a 2017 explorer base model MSRP: $33290
    They told me Selling price is $29909
    Rebate: $250
    Cash Price: $29659
    Sales Tax: $2149
    Total Fees: $810
    TOTAL Cash Price: $32867
    Total Charges: $32617

    $4500 cash down, 36mo/10500mi. Monthly is $325.
    They also told me the adjusted CAP cost is $32867.85
    Please help to advise..

    I'm not a mod or anything, but I've leased 3 Ford vehicles in the past few years. Any particular reason you want to put 4500 down? I'm generally against putting anything down on a lease other than 1st months payment. If something happens to that car you don't get that money back. Better to hold on to it and use it to offset the higher payment if you can. I do understand some folks might prefer to put the money down to lower the monthly payment.

    Using your numbers and the 1.25% base APR I get 304/month. Can they break the fees down for you? Ford's lease acquisition fee for me was 645 the last 2 times. If I add 645 to your numbers I get really close to 325 a month.

    0 cash down bumps the payment to 450/mo.

    My opinion is it's a reasonable deal. Selling the car for close to or under invoice, and only 20 dollars off a perfect scenario means the dealer makes a little money on the deal. If they missed the 645 acq fee the numbers make perfect sense. The upfront sales tax is a killer though when it comes to leasing, I feel the pain living in Texas, we do the same thing here. It's the difference between a 280 dollar payment and a 325 dollar payment.
  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    edited July 2016
    210mike said:

    tommylee2 said:

    I have a 2017 explorer base model MSRP: $33290
    They told me Selling price is $29909
    Rebate: $250
    Cash Price: $29659
    Sales Tax: $2149
    Total Fees: $810
    TOTAL Cash Price: $32867
    Total Charges: $32617

    $4500 cash down, 36mo/10500mi. Monthly is $325.
    They also told me the adjusted CAP cost is $32867.85
    Please help to advise..

    I'm not a mod or anything, but I've leased 3 Ford vehicles in the past few years. Any particular reason you want to put 4500 down? I'm generally against putting anything down on a lease other than 1st months payment. If something happens to that car you don't get that money back. Better to hold on to it and use it to offset the higher payment if you can. I do understand some folks might prefer to put the money down to lower the monthly payment.

    Using your numbers and the 1.25% base APR I get 304/month. Can they break the fees down for you? Ford's lease acquisition fee for me was 645 the last 2 times. If I add 645 to your numbers I get really close to 325 a month.

    0 cash down bumps the payment to 450/mo.

    My opinion is it's a reasonable deal. Selling the car for close to or under invoice, and only 20 dollars off a perfect scenario means the dealer makes a little money on the deal. If they missed the 645 acq fee the numbers make perfect sense. The upfront sales tax is a killer though when it comes to leasing, I feel the pain living in Texas, we do the same thing here. It's the difference between a 280 dollar payment and a 325 dollar payment.
    Yes the reason that I want to put money down is to reduce the monthly, since my company is paying for the starting fees for me due to my relocation.
    So now is either this 2.5L ecoboost model or the V6 model for me. Below is the V6 model quote:
    $328 monthly with $3500.00 down 36mo/10,500mi, cap cost $33283.00 with MSRP $32300 (actually i'm not sure if this cap cost is correct or not). I don't know which one is a better deal to take.




  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616
    With Texas taxes, I agree.. a pretty decent deal.

    If your employer is paying the $4500 upfront, then that makes perfect sense.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • cristianh2010cristianh2010 Posts: 43
    edited July 2016
    Are the numbers the same in Virginia?

    36/10.5
    Sport - 57%
    1.25% MF
  • lwest804lwest804 Posts: 16
    When do the lease deals start to improve on a new model year? I was trying to get a deal for a 2017 but they were offering much more on a 2016 (understandably). Just not sure if I should forget the 2017 Explorer all together or if it will be leasing better by the end of the year. What is the MF and RV on a 2017 FWD XLT in California?

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    Are the numbers the same in Virginia?

    36/10.5
    Sport - 57%
    1.25% MF

    Yes VA and TN have the same numbers.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    lwest804 said:

    When do the lease deals start to improve on a new model year? I was trying to get a deal for a 2017 but they were offering much more on a 2016 (understandably). Just not sure if I should forget the 2017 Explorer all together or if it will be leasing better by the end of the year. What is the MF and RV on a 2017 FWD XLT in California?

    Thanks!

    Once the 2016 inventory is depleted - whenever that is - you should start to see better numbers on the 2017.

    What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lwest804lwest804 Posts: 16
    Michaell said:

    lwest804 said:

    When do the lease deals start to improve on a new model year? I was trying to get a deal for a 2017 but they were offering much more on a 2016 (understandably). Just not sure if I should forget the 2017 Explorer all together or if it will be leasing better by the end of the year. What is the MF and RV on a 2017 FWD XLT in California?

    Thanks!

    Once the 2016 inventory is depleted - whenever that is - you should start to see better numbers on the 2017.

    What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?
    Looking for 36/12. I'm hoping to just put down drive-offs ($1000 max if possible) and have a payment of $500 inc. tax. I was getting under that for the 2016 but couldn't quite get there for the 2017s. Was adding in the 202A and tech bundles. I just really want to hold out for the new Sync system, having glitchy tech is my nightmare, I have that in my car now.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    lwest804 said:

    Michaell said:

    lwest804 said:

    When do the lease deals start to improve on a new model year? I was trying to get a deal for a 2017 but they were offering much more on a 2016 (understandably). Just not sure if I should forget the 2017 Explorer all together or if it will be leasing better by the end of the year. What is the MF and RV on a 2017 FWD XLT in California?

    Thanks!

    Once the 2016 inventory is depleted - whenever that is - you should start to see better numbers on the 2017.

    What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?
    Looking for 36/12. I'm hoping to just put down drive-offs ($1000 max if possible) and have a payment of $500 inc. tax. I was getting under that for the 2016 but couldn't quite get there for the 2017s. Was adding in the 202A and tech bundles. I just really want to hold out for the new Sync system, having glitchy tech is my nightmare, I have that in my car now.
    2017 XLT FWD 36/12 - 55% and 1.25%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jhern201jhern201 Posts: 4
    Hello guys.

    Looking for the Residual and Money factor for a 2017 Ford Explorer Limited AWD 36/12 from New Jersey.

    I see a range between 55% and 57%. Seems kind of low for a vehicle just released.

    Thank you again.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    jhern201 said:

    Hello guys.

    Looking for the Residual and Money factor for a 2017 Ford Explorer Limited AWD 36/12 from New Jersey.

    I see a range between 55% and 57%. Seems kind of low for a vehicle just released.

    Thank you again.

    Even those numbers are high ... 36/12 on Limited AWD is, in fact, 53%. 1.25% MF

    Ford is using low residuals on the 2017's to help move 2016 inventory.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • avus9avus9 Posts: 4
    Would like residual %s and MFs for both the 2017 Sport and Platinum trim levels. (I like look of Sport, wife wants Platinum). 36 months / 12k miles Located in Cook County, IL Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616
    avus9 said:

    Would like residual %s and MFs for both the 2017 Sport and Platinum trim levels. (I like look of Sport, wife wants Platinum). 36 months / 12k miles
    Located in Cook County, IL
    Thanks

    56%/53% residual for Sport/Platinum (sorry, honey!)
    1.25% APR

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    tommylee2 said:

    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.

    Congrats on the new Explorer!

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • philtomphiltom Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    I got a quote for 2017 Explorer XLT, 202A with the tech pack.36m/10500miles/yr
    MSRP (X-Plan) $37195.66
    Trade-in $3000
    Balance $36717.36 includingGA tax and fees

    With $1k down/36months lease = $449

    Is this a good deal? What is the residual value and the MF? The dealer has offered to increase my trade-in to $4500.
  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.

    Congrats on the new Explorer!
    Michaell any idea why it is 2.5% APR instead of 1.25%? But the monthly calculation seem correct with 1.25%.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    philtom said:

    I got a quote for 2017 Explorer XLT, 202A with the tech pack.36m/10500miles/yr
    MSRP (X-Plan) $37195.66
    Trade-in $3000
    Balance $36717.36 includingGA tax and fees

    With $1k down/36months lease = $449

    Is this a good deal? What is the residual value and the MF? The dealer has offered to increase my trade-in to $4500.

    What is the MSRP?

    What does the $3000 equity and $1000 cash cover? Taxes and fees?

    $1500 will reduce the payment about $42/mo

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    tommylee2 said:

    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.

    Congrats on the new Explorer!
    Michaell any idea why it is 2.5% APR instead of 1.25%? But the monthly calculation seem correct with 1.25%.
    What was the MSRP?

    Does the lease contract show 2.5% APR?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Are August numbers out for 2017 explorer sport in TN
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    Are August numbers out for 2017 explorer sport in TN

    Yes. What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • btomasiebtomasie Posts: 30
    August numbers please for Platinum AWD, 36/12K and 36/15K. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    btomasie said:

    August numbers please for Platinum AWD, 36/12K and 36/15K. Thanks!

    1.25% and 53% or 51%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.

    Congrats on the new Explorer!
    Michaell any idea why it is 2.5% APR instead of 1.25%? But the monthly calculation seem correct with 1.25%.
    What was the MSRP?

    Does the lease contract show 2.5% APR?
    The MSRP is $32300, gross cap cost is 30459 and adjusted cap cost is 17765. I just went through the contracts and cannot find any APR rate, somehow I saw this 2.5% when I'm signing. Maybe it's not relevant?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410
    tommylee2 said:

    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.

    Congrats on the new Explorer!
    Michaell any idea why it is 2.5% APR instead of 1.25%? But the monthly calculation seem correct with 1.25%.
    What was the MSRP?

    Does the lease contract show 2.5% APR?
    The MSRP is $32300, gross cap cost is 30459 and adjusted cap cost is 17765. I just went through the contracts and cannot find any APR rate, somehow I saw this 2.5% when I'm signing. Maybe it's not relevant?
    If you're comfortable with the selling price and payment, probably nothing to worry about.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tommylee2tommylee2 AtlantaPosts: 19
    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Michaell said:

    tommylee2 said:

    Ok just to update you about my final lease that I signed last week, it's a 2017 base model:
    CAP cost $27,653, 36mo/10500mi, at 2.5% APR (not sure why this is not 1.25%).
    I'm putting down $3500 and will be paying $325/mo. I'm from Atlanta, GA.

    Congrats on the new Explorer!
    Michaell any idea why it is 2.5% APR instead of 1.25%? But the monthly calculation seem correct with 1.25%.
    What was the MSRP?

    Does the lease contract show 2.5% APR?
    The MSRP is $32300, gross cap cost is 30459 and adjusted cap cost is 17765. I just went through the contracts and cannot find any APR rate, somehow I saw this 2.5% when I'm signing. Maybe it's not relevant?
    If you're comfortable with the selling price and payment, probably nothing to worry about.
    ok, but based on your calculation can you figure out what ARP they are actually using?
Sign In or Register to comment.