Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Mercedes Benz GLC-Class Lease Questions

MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
edited March 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
Ask your 2017 GLC-class lease questions, here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Comments

• call_me_jaycall_me_jay Member Posts: 31
    Hi Experts,
    Do we have the MF and Residuals for Aug for the 2017 GLC?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

Hi Experts,

We do.

What term and mileage? What trim?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

36/15 and 2WD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Hi Experts,

36/15 and 2WD

.00153 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• poodoc82poodoc82 Member Posts: 6
    How about AWD 36/12? Any incentives? Thanks
    poodoc82 said:

How about AWD 36/12? Any incentives? Thanks

.00150 and 59%

No incentive information for MB

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bpfinkelbpfinkel Member Posts: 15
    Hi Experts,

Coming up the curve as quickly as I can on the concept(s), but assuming .00150 as the base MF, what is the marginal impact of maxing out on MSDs and/or AutoPay on the MF? I have a 2017 GLC3004W on order and expect to take delivery in November, so have plenty of time to negotiate, but want to make sure I know what the heck I'm talking about when I sit down at the table with MB of Manhattan here in NYC.
    bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

Coming up the curve as quickly as I can on the concept(s), but assuming .00150 as the base MF, what is the marginal impact of maxing out on MSDs and/or AutoPay on the MF? I have a 2017 GLC3004W on order and expect to take delivery in November, so have plenty of time to negotiate, but want to make sure I know what the heck I'm talking about when I sit down at the table with MB of Manhattan here in NYC.

Autopay reduces the MF .00010; we're pretty sure that each MSD lowers the MF .00007.

However, we don't have definitive information as to whether MSDs can be used on an already discounted MF. We've had conflicting information reported by others in the MB discussions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

Autopay reduces the MF .00010; we're pretty sure that each MSD lowers the MF .00007.

However, we don't have definitive information as to whether MSDs can be used on an already discounted MF. We've had conflicting information reported by others in the MB discussions.

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly!

By way of update, I was just told by MB Manhattan that MSD discounts are not applicable for purchases in New York State (irrespective of the state in which the car will be registered; I am a NJ resident). Convenient that he figured this out only after my build has gone final.

One alternative he suggested was to lump-sum pay the 36 lease term upfront. Reduces MF to 0.00070. I suppose that's worth it if you don't think you can earn >1.7% return putting that money elsewhere. Certainly not in a savings account!

Hope this post helps others somehow -- I certainly learned a lot from combing these forums. Thanks again Michaell for getting back to me.
    bpfinkel said:

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

By way of update, I was just told by MB Manhattan that MSD discounts are not applicable for purchases in New York State (irrespective of the state in which the car will be registered; I am a NJ resident). Convenient that he figured this out only after my build has gone final.

One alternative he suggested was to lump-sum pay the 36 lease term upfront. Reduces MF to 0.00070. I suppose that's worth it if you don't think you can earn >1.7% return putting that money elsewhere. Certainly not in a savings account!

Hope this post helps others somehow -- I certainly learned a lot from combing these forums. Thanks again Michaell for getting back to me.
    Yes, NY does not allow MSD - I should have caught that earlier.

And, a one-pay might be a better approach, given the savings on the MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

What If one decides to pay the entire 36 month sum upfront and something happens to the car, stolen, totaled etc. Is the insurance company still liable to pay anything? Since you have already paid the entire lease amount off? Is it not similar to paying a huge down on the car?

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Michaell said:

bpfinkel said:

Hi Experts,

What If one decides to pay the entire 36 month sum upfront and something happens to the car, stolen, totaled etc. Is the insurance company still liable to pay anything? Since you have already paid the entire lease amount off? Is it not similar to paying a huge down on the car?
    Single-pay leases work differently than large CAP cost reductions.

To calculate a single-pay lease, you do it exactly as a normal lease, just with a lower MF, and then add up the payments. If the lease ends early, due to loss, then the lease is assumed to have been paid monthly, and the portion of payments not yet due are returned to the customer. (which of course, changes the lease payoff number, etc, etc).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I did lump sum in the past. Did pull ahead and had remaining payments sent back to me. I still think money factor is high as one is adding about $95 to $120 to depreciation portion a month.
    Could someone look this over? Lease in Iowa. Rolling some negative equity from a different lease into this one (don't ask!).

2017 GLC300 4matic

MSRP 50875
    Selling price 49000
    negative equity rolled in 2728.91
    Tax 1600
    Fees 915 (doc, registration, title)
    Cap reduction 2000.00

I was quoted 789. Does that look right? Thanks in advance!
    poodoc82 said:

Could someone look this over? Lease in Iowa. Rolling some negative equity from a different lease into this one (don't ask!).

2017 GLC300 4matic

MSRP 50875
    Selling price 49000
    Tax 1600
    Cap reduction 2000.00

What's the lease term? How many miles / month?
    36/12. Thanks
    poodoc82 said:

2017 GLC300 4matic

MSRP 50875
    Selling price 49000
    Tax 1600
    Cap reduction 2000.00

poodoc82 said:

36/12. Thanks

What is the adjusted cap cost?

.00130 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2016
    Looks like 54243.91.

Here are the numbers i received:

vehicle price 50875
    selling price 49000
    tax 1600
    fees 915
    trade in value 17000
    trade payoff 19728.91
    Out the door price 54243.91
    Putting 2000 to cover tax/fees - 52243.91

I was originally quoted 0.0017 MF but got that down to 0.0015 (from the above post I thought that was the going rate).

Thanks
    poodoc82 said:

Looks like 54243.91.

Here are the numbers i received:

vehicle price 50875
    selling price 49000
    tax 1600
    fees 915
    trade in value 17000
    trade payoff 19728.91
    Out the door price 54243.91
    Putting 2000 to cover tax/fees - 52243.91

I was originally quoted 0.0017 MF but got that down to 0.0015 (from the above post I thought that was the going rate).

Thanks

Using the .00150 MF, I get $754/mo. Using the base MF of .00130, I save $16/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• johara4444johara4444 Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2016
    Hi, may I have the MF on a 2017 GLC300 4-Matic, 36/15?

I was given an offer at a Massachusetts dealership yesterday of MSRP 50,075, sale price 45,975, and MF of 0.00180. How does this sound? MF seems high to me but the salesman was adamant that this was set by MB Corp.

I was given an offer at a Massachusetts dealership yesterday of MSRP 50,075, sale price 45,975, and MF of 0.00180. How does this sound? MF seems high to me but the salesman was adamant that this was set by MB Corp.

Base MF is .00150, so it's been marked up by the dealer.

36/15 residual is 57%

With your prices, I get $618/mo with the .00180 MF and $596/mo with the .00150 MF. Both before tax.

Be polite and tell them you won't sign any deal with an inflated MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Base MF is .00150, so it's been marked up by the dealer.

36/15 residual is 57%

With your prices, I get $618/mo with the .00180 MF and $596/mo with the .00150 MF. Both before tax.

Be polite and tell them you won't sign any deal with an inflated MF.
    Thanks for responding Michael,

At this point I likely won't be working with this salesman as he seems to be lying about the MF. Moreover the price per month was $657 which I think was because the tax, title, documentation fees were rolled into the total sale price. This may be because I told him I didn't want to put anything down.

MSRP 50,075
    SALE PRICE 45,975
    TAX 2,895.56
    Tag/title 167.50
    Documentation 354

Balance forward 49,392.06

36 month, no down 657.01

Please let me know what you think and educate me on what I am missing

Thank you

At this point I likely won't be working with this salesman as he seems to be lying about the MF. Moreover the price per month was $657 which I think was because the tax, title, documentation fees were rolled into the total sale price. This may be because I told him I didn't want to put anything down.

MSRP 50,075
    SALE PRICE 45,975
    TAX 2,895.56
    Tag/title 167.50
    Documentation 354

36 month, no down 657.01

Thank you

Using $49,392 as the new cap cost, I get $696/mo with the .00150 MF, or $719/mo with the .00180 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

MSRP 50,075
    SALE PRICE 45,975
    TAX 2,895.56
    Tag/title 167.50
    Documentation 354

36 month, no down 657.01

Thank you

Using $49,392 as the new cap cost, I get $696/mo with the .00150 MF, or $719/mo with the .00180 MF
    Do you have any thoughts as to why there is such a difference in monthly payment?

Do you have any thoughts as to why there is such a difference in monthly payment?

I don't .. the math is pretty straightforward, and the only variables used are the adjusted cap cost and the MF.

Is the dealer asking for any up front money when you sign the papers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

I don't .. the math is pretty straightforward, and the only variables used are the adjusted cap cost and the MF.

Our conversation ended before before discussing further terms and we didn't discuss how much would be needed up front.

This is my first car purchase and I'm trying to learn all I can about pricing and leasing but this stuff can be overwhelming at times. Thank you for your help.

But in terms of MF, that number is true for Massachusetts, 2017 GLC300, 36/15? As in I should realistically expect a MB dealer to give me a .0015 MF?

Michaell said:

Our conversation ended before before discussing further terms and we didn't discuss how much would be needed up front.

This is my first car purchase and I'm trying to learn all I can about pricing and leasing but this stuff can be overwhelming at times. Thank you for your help.

But in terms of MF, that number is true for Massachusetts, 2017 GLC300, 36/15? As in I should realistically expect a MB dealer to give me a .0015 MF?
    The MB numbers are national.

I'm sure there is one dealer in your neck of the woods who will work with you and give you the base MF. Might have to travel to get it, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

I'm sure there is one dealer in your neck of the woods who will work with you and give you the base MF. Might have to travel to get it, however.
    I'm using a fleet discount which is supposedly $500 below invoice. Assuming that's right do you think this would make a dealership less inclined to do the base MF?

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

I'm using a fleet discount which is supposedly $500 below invoice. Assuming that's right do you think this would make a dealership less inclined to do the base MF?
    I suppose that is possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

johara4444,

As Michaell stated the base money factor is 0.0015. The dealer is marking this up. Fleet discount will not affect this. Use this site to figure out invoice on your vehicle. Take the fleet discount of the invoice and then negotiate from this number up. Dealer will also try to add an extra $300 to acquisition fee (bank fee). In certain states a dealer or doc fee is also added on. Any extra fee or mark up is profit for the dealer.
    mlevine said:

johara4444,

As Michaell stated the base money factor is 0.0015. The dealer is marking this up. Fleet discount will not affect this. Use this site to figure out invoice on your vehicle. Take the fleet discount of the invoice and then negotiate from this number up. Dealer will also try to add an extra $300 to acquisition fee (bank fee). In certain states a dealer or doc fee is also added on. Any extra fee or mark up is profit for the dealer.

The discount is supposedly invoice price with an additional $500 taken off. Maybe I'll be able to negotiate that even lower based the amount online resources say the car is selling for in my area
    Well I have found a dealership that will do 10% off MSRP with the base money factor. I will likely do the deal today.

Does anyone know the numbers for the various fees and how much the dealership is allowed to mark them up?

Well I have found a dealership that will do 10% off MSRP with the base money factor. I will likely do the deal today.

Does anyone know the numbers for the various fees and how much the dealership is allowed to mark them up?

Acquisition fee is $795. Dealers are permitted to mark that up to $1095.

Watch for dealer discretionary fees (doc fee, etc). It's always best to ask what those are before starting negotiations. That way, if it's a ridiculous amount, you can lower your offer to compensate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

johara4444

When I lease I know the local dealers use the marked up acquisition fee of $1095 and dealer fee of $699. I take this into consideration when coming up with an adjusted cap cost price. I insist on the dealer using the base money factor. Use autopay to get money factor down to 0.0014.
    Made the deal on a GLC-300 at 10% off MSRP, plus $500 off (fleet discount), 0.0014 MF (they tried to only take 0.0005 off for autopay which I caught during financing).

They charged the full mark-up on the acquisition fee which they were unwilling to negotiate about, but I am very happy with the negotiated price and accepted this.

Thank you guys for your input and advice!

Made the deal on a GLC-300 at 10% off MSRP, plus $500 off (fleet discount), 0.0014 MF (they tried to only take 0.0005 off for autopay which I caught during financing).

They charged the full mark-up on the acquisition fee which they were unwilling to negotiate about, but I am very happy with the negotiated price and accepted this.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• maddogjtsmaddogjts Member Posts: 8
    What is the residual for 36/7500 on 2wd ?
    maddogjts said:

What is the residual for 36/7500 on 2wd ?

61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• maddogjtsmaddogjts Member Posts: 8
    Thanks !! :)
    kyfdx said:

Congrats!
    Congratulations !
    Did you also get any of the other packages they have, like the wear and tear package or the tire package etc? If so, how much did that cost you?

kyfdx said:

Congrats!
    Congratulations !
    Did you also get any of the other packages they have, like the wear and tear package or the tire package etc? If so, how much did that cost you?
    I purchased prepaid maintenance for a little over $1000, I turned down the other packages which were around $1,000-$1,500
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2016
    Hoping I'm not repeating a questions already answered for August:

What is the Residual Value and Money Factor for a 2017 GLC 4Matic on 36 and 42 month term leases with 10k/yr miles? (Please let me know if I'm missing anything, including any lease term sweet spots.)

Thank you!

Hoping I'm not repeating a questions already answered for August:

What is the Residual Value and Money Factor for a 2017 GLC 4Matic on 36 and 42 month term leases with 10k/yr miles? (Please let me know if I'm missing anything, including any lease term sweet spots.)

Thank you!

.00150 and 60% / 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

johara4444,

Congratulations and enjoy the ride.
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone have any idea of what the dealer profit percentage is for 2017 GLCs?

Does anyone have any idea of what the dealer profit percentage is for 2017 GLCs?

Not a clue. You can use the Edmunds price tools to show you the "invoice" price, but I don't think that represents the true dealer cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

comfortzones,

The dealer gets about 2% holdback of MRSP from manufacturer. This holdback helps with having to finance a car on their lot. Now if the car goes right from the car carrier, to prep area, and then customer this is profit. Take also into consideration dealer fees, increased acquisition fees, and increased money factor also as profit. At certain times of the year MB will have certificates dealers can use. These certificates can be up to $100 to help move inventory. That being said, as this is a 2017 the dealer is going to maximize profit. If you wait for the winter event, there may be extra cash available off for this vehicle. I will also tell you the past few years, the winter event has been limited to certain models.
  • jfeins02jfeins02 Member Posts: 103
    hey guys, What's the MF and Resid on the GLC300 36/10k?

thanks so much!