Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    driver100 said:

Mike, interesting car, wonder if it is really worth that much over say an X5, which looks almost the same?

I get the impression it is for people who have lots of dough, but make it want to appear they don't have lots of dough, so people will think they have even more dough since they are keeping their dough low profile.....if you know what I mean.

This vehicle is larger than an X5 - I just sat in an X5 when at my brother's house last week. This Bentley is more like a Sherman Tank in comparison - at least from my perspective.

I read somewhere that the BMW 740i and 750i are built on the same Chassis as the Bentley Mulsanne, which surprised me. The 7 series has a wheelbase of 126.4"! :o

2021 Genesis G90

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    A Porsche Cayenne with all the bells and whistles is essentially the same vehicle as the Bentley SUV, and I would think, probably half the price.
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    jipster said:

Like isellhondas4, I too have been having computer problems.  Running a daily complete reset to factory default settings is the only thing that will unlock my keyboard. I blame Trump or the moderators, as they seem to get blamed for most things these days.  :'(

I had my son's bedroom furniture delivered a couple days ago. Bought a very nice set from Macy's. Was about $400 more, but the quality far surpasses that of Ashley furniture.

Ashley was calling about 6 times a day to deliver their furniture that I canceled...or tried to about 4 times. They still have my phone number, and wifes, on block. Used my son's phone to call. Got thru. Again said there is no record of furniture being delivered, but they still havent credited my credit card with the purchase amount. Hopefully they dont try to deliver that furniture when my son is home alone...may end up with 2 sets of furniture.  :'(

edited: Well, it looks like the ole Jipster has emerged victoriously. I wont be needing the Jmonroe left hook after all. Just checked my credit card transactions, and Ashley furniture has credited my account in full, NO cancellation fee!

Man am I glad I took another peek in here after I showered and saw your edit update. I was damn near out the door coming to help.

Do me a favor, get it right in the original post, OK. :@

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    abacomike said:

$2200 just for stitching? What happens if you don't opt for that, all the seats and steering wheel unravels as you drive?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:
    Mike, interesting car, wonder if it is really worth that much over say an X5, which looks almost the same? I get the impression it is for people who have lots of dough, but make it want to appear they don't have lots of dough, so people will think they have even more dough since they are keeping their dough low profile.....if you know what I mean.
    Actually, driver, you lost me - no idea what you mean!  :o

2021 Genesis G90

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    tjc78 said:

Lol you could carpet a bedroom for the price of the "deep pile overmats".  

Thanks for the pics, actually aside from the front not a bad looking vehicle. 

I think I could forego the "contrasting stitching" option and spend that money on a weeklong trip to Hawaii.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    I've seen at least 2 of those Bentley SUVs driving around town

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    edited February 2017

tjc78 said:

Lol you could carpet a bedroom for the price of the "deep pile overmats".  

Thanks for the pics, actually aside from the front not a bad looking vehicle. 

I think I could forego the "contrasting stitching" option and spend that money on a weeklong trip to Hawaii.
    Otherwise you would buy the car....if they would eliminate the $2200 stitching?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Quite frankly, and speaking only for myself, even if I had the money 1000X over, I wouldn't be caught dead in the thing. I could be just as happy at 1/4 the price and not feel the slightest bit impoverished.

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

Mike, interesting car, wonder if it is really worth that much over say an X5, which looks almost the same?

I get the impression it is for people who have lots of dough, but make it want to appear they don't have lots of dough, so people will think they have even more dough since they are keeping their dough low profile.....if you know what I mean.

I guess it would have been easier to say - it is like reverse snob appeal. If you can spend $250k on a Bentley, and get something that looks about the same as an X5, then it means you are trying to show how you don't have money, but everyone knows you do, so it is reverse snob appeal.....I don't think that is any better but since I don't know how to delete you are stuck with it.

venture said:

jmonroe said:

How many of you guys remember GM's recall, and yes it was a recall, back in the early 70's for mid 60's broken engine mounts on various GM cars with V8 engines?

I had a used '67 Impala with the powerful 283 CID, V8 engine as my second car that got the "fix" before I got it around 1974.

GM's "fix" for the broken engine mounts was not to replace the broken engine mounts but merely mount a bracket on each side of the engine (maybe it was the intake manifold but that is not important) and install a wire rope around a removable pin, held in place by a carter pin on this bracket, and loop it around the top of the upper control arm bolt/rod and back to the pin on the bracket. Wala it was "fixed"

It worked because, if the engine mount broke even if it wasn't broke at the time of the recall, the wire rope prevented the engine from moving too far. I can't remember all the scenarios but depending on which side had the broken engine mount, different problems occurred, like causing throttle linkage binding, gear shift locking in a position that you did not want it to lock in, pulling off the vacuum hose from the boost unit mounted on the firewall, etc.

I think there was well over 5 million cars affected by this recall. My car had a broken engine mount on the driver's side but not on the passenger side and that one never broke.

This "fix" saved GM a bundle compared to replacing both engine mounts and the labor to do it. A Chevy mechanic told me the cost for the "fix" didn't even cost GM $5 for both sides and the labor took less than 45 minutes to do both sides. Compare that to 2 engine mounts at about $20 each and at least 2 hours to install both of them.

Here is a pic of the bracket on the engine. It does not show the connection to the upper control arm so you'll have to trust me that it was done the way I explained it.

If @isellhondas (not the imposter 4 guy) is still around I'll bet he remembers this. Maybe even @Mr_Shiftright and @imidazol97 remember this too.

jmonroe

I had a '74 Monte Carlo with the 350 engine. When the engine mount broke the engine would lift when reving and the fan would hit the fan shroud. A pretty horrible noise.

I replaced the motor mount.
    I bought a used '75 Grand Prix in '77 from a private seller with just a few ticks under 22K miles that turned out to be a GREAT car. The first thing I looked for when I lifted the hood was the GM "fix" for the engine mounts. It did not have the wire rope "fix". I found out later that GM had already designed new engine mounts for that car/engine.

This car had the V8, 400 CID engine. I stomped on it a few times over the years just trying to see if the mounts would break. No luck, they held. I knew it was a very good re-design when Son #1 learned to drive in '85 because I'm sure when I wasn't looking he tested the hell out of them and they were still OK when I sold that car about 3 years later.

jmonroe

• isellhondas4isellhondas4 Guest Posts: 34
    I just wanted to pop in any maybe clarify a few things. First, I am not an imposter. I'm the same Craig aka isellhondas who has been around these forums since they began in late 1995-1996. It's me.

I am still trying to regain my former identity and although there are a couple of you ONE in particular who seem to think I am whining about this and that maybe I need lessons in being a good sport or in playing pickleball I assure you this isn't they way I intended to portray myself.

Instead, I reached out for help, support and perhaps some ideas on how to restore my former self. At a time like this one finds out who his real friends are and you've confirmed what I already knew. A heartfelt THANK YOU to those posters and moderators who I know care and even share my frustration.

Please know that I am NOT a computer person and what comes easy to a pickleball player may not come easy to a person in whose corporate life had high powered IT people at their beck and call to create templates, fix problems and do the "computer things" that a person in my position couldn't be bothered with.

Yes, I had a life before retiring to the Honda business. A corporate life that I'm sure would surprise and maybe even impress some of you.

Enough boredom! I will continue my quest to restore "myself" and once again, a huge thank you to those who support me.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    nyccarguy said:

I've seen at least 2 of those Bentley SUVs driving around town

Saw a couple of those at the Bentley dealership in downtown Chicago. Proportions are really weird.

I agree on getting the Porsche instead.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

Quite frankly, and speaking only for myself, even if I had the money 1000X over, I wouldn't be caught dead in the thing. I could be just as happy at 1/4 the price and not feel the slightest bit impoverished.

So you wouldn't feel like a cheapskate if you only had a $65000 car!

Exactly.

If you think about it, the gains between a $65,000 SUV and a $225,000 SUV are rather incremental rather than dramatic. I mean, I could take that $65K car and upholster it in frogskins, put in a stereo to make you hemorrhage internally, hire a master tuner to breathe on it, and I'd still have $125K in the bank.

js06gv said:

I took this pic on the Florida Turnpike south of Orlando yesterday. Doing this to an ES should be considered criminal. I thought the "New Jersey Package" was a thing of the distant past, but then I remembered where I was!  ;)

You should have turned on your blue lights, pulled that car over, and smacked that driver for all of us in here. :@

jmonroe

I am still trying to regain my former identity and although there are a couple of you ONE in particular who seem to think I am whining about this and that maybe I need lessons in being a good sport or in playing pickleball I assure you this isn't they way I intended to portray myself.

Instead, I reached out for help, support and perhaps some ideas on how to restore my former self. At a time like this one finds out who his real friends are and you've confirmed what I already knew. A heartfelt THANK YOU to those posters and moderators who I know care and even share my frustration.

Please know that I am NOT a computer person and what comes easy to a pickleball player may not come easy to a person in whose corporate life had high powered IT people at their beck and call to create templates, fix problems and do the "computer things" that a person in my position couldn't be bothered with.

Yes, I had a life before retiring to the Honda business. A corporate life that I'm sure would surprise and maybe even impress some of you.

Enough boredom! I will continue my quest to restore "myself" and once again, a huge thank you to those who support me.

Glad to have you back isell4.

I did state my empathy for your situation, but I also made light of it as well - because some things you just have to look at the lighter side........I still think Isoldhondas would be a better name.

However, I digress, I love your input and i would really miss you if you weren't here.

I was using hyperbole to make a point and i probably overdid it......hope you are back to stay for awhile.

Exactly.

If you think about it, the gains between a $65,000 SUV and a $225,000 SUV are rather incremental rather than dramatic. I mean, I could take that $65K car and upholster it in frogskins, put in a stereo to make you hemorrhage internally, hire a master tuner to breathe on it, and I'd still have $125K in the bank.

I tend to agree, once you get up to the $65 or $70k mark you do get some nice improvements, beyond that, you are paying for exclusivity, panache, a showpiece. Nothing wrong with that, if you have $10million, might as well get some enjoyment from it.

But, I wouldn't want to ride in any car with frogskin upholstery. Might give me warts!

driver100 said:
    driver100 said:
    Mike, interesting car, wonder if it is really worth that much over say an X5, which looks almost the same? I get the impression it is for people who have lots of dough, but make it want to appear they don't have lots of dough, so people will think they have even more dough since they are keeping their dough low profile.....if you know what I mean.
    I guess it would have been easier to say - it is like reverse snob appeal. If you can spend $250k on a Bentley, and get something that looks about the same as an X5, then it means you are trying to show how you don't have money, but everyone knows you do, so it is reverse snob appeal.....I don't think that is any better but since I don't know how to delete you are stuck with it.
    You're confusing me even more!   :p

2021 Genesis G90

OK, ostrich then.
    abacomike said:

One of the most expensive SUV's I've ever seen!  :o

I never saw a sticker that high. I've got to get out of the hood I'm in more often.

The options alone would buy a handful of cars; even at todays prices.

I only have one thing to say, they copied the Genesis badge pretty good but they made it just a tad small. Probably afraid of a law suit. :p

jmonroe

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

This vehicle is larger than an X5 - I just sat in an X5 when at my brother's house last week. This Bentley is more like a Sherman Tank in comparison - at least from my perspective.

I read somewhere that the BMW 740i and 750i are built on the same Chassis as the Bentley Mulsanne, which surprised me. The 7 series has a wheelbase of 126.4"! :o
    A 126.4 wheelbase is almost as long as a 70's Olds 98 with a 127" wheelbase! The DeVille, also a C body was 130".

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

driver100 said:

I did state my empathy for your situation, but I also made light of it as well - because some things you just have to look at the lighter side........I still think Isoldhondas would be a better name.

However, I digress, I love your input and i would really miss you if you weren't here.

I was using hyperbole to make a point and i probably overdid it......hope you are back to stay for awhile.
    Fair enough. I probably did sound like a kid who wanted to take their ball and go home.

Patience has never been one of my strong suits and NOTHING fries my patience like a computer problem!
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,095
    I live in prime offshore money laundering real estate territory, I have seen a couple Bentayga on the road. To my eyes, it looks smaller in person than in pics, but maybe just compared to all of the Escalades and G-Wagens around here.

That Lexus ES is amusing, what we can call the "Florida package" (maybe once the "New Jersey package" too) :)
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

Jmonroe will explain it in minute detail for you.

OK, ostrich then.

Now you're talking!

jmonroe said:

abacomike said:

I never saw a sticker that high. I've got to get out of the hood I'm in more often.

I only have one thing to say, they copied the Genesis badge pretty good but they made it just a tad small. Probably afraid of a law suit. :p

jmonroe
    Looks like the license plate bolts are a no charge item.

driver100 said:

Fair enough. I probably did sound like a kid who wanted to take their ball and go home.

Patience has never been one of my strong suits and NOTHING fries my patience like a computer problem!
    Sounds good....let's get back to having fun! :D

No gas guzzler tax?
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

I just wanted to pop in any maybe clarify a few things. First, I am not an imposter. I'm the same Craig aka isellhondas who has been around these forums since they began in late 1995-1996. It's me.

You'll make it isell !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

driver100 said:

Man, I had to read that a couple times but I think I know now what you mean.

Sorta like a Genesis owner, right? :o

jmonroe

sda said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

A 126.4 wheelbase is almost as long as a 70's Olds 98 with a 127" wheelbase! The DeVille, also a C body was 130".
    There is an X7 planned and it might be the same size as that Bentley...could even be partly used to make that Bentley:

BMW has announced it will be making a super-luxury SUV to be called the X7. It’s expected to cost around £100,000 and will rival the Range Rover, Bentley Bentayga and forthcoming Rolls-Royce Cullinan. -

Artists rendering:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

Man, I had to read that a couple times but I think I know now what you mean.

Sorta like a Genesis owner, right? :o

jmonroe
    Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    abacomike said:

fintail said:

Nice car, great color combo. Keep some microfiber cloths and a little spritzer in the car to keep those screens clean :)

Speaking of screens, etc., yesterday while sitting in my car, I took out the cleaning cloth I use to clean my glasses so I could dust off the main screen in the center of the dash and low and behold I must have touched the screen with my finger and the song I was playing changed to another selection.  

I was was surprised by this so I tried to recreate the same action and to my surprise, the audio changed to yet another selection.  I figured out after owning and driving my car for 2-1/2 months that I have a "touch sensitive screen"!  

I wonder why they put in a "mouse" type device on my console to select options and choices and settings and also make the main screen touch sensitive as well.  Why have both?  Also, most settings and options can be done via voice control. I do not like touch screens in a car because of possibly scratching the screen and putting fingerprints all over it. So I will continue using the mouse controller and avoid touching the screen.  Strange engineering and redundancy.   :o

The 7er, G30 5er, and the X5 all have touch sensitive screens. In mt opinion BMW went to touchscreens because everybody else had them. I MUCH prefer using the iDrive controller or voice commands.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    fintail said:
    I live in prime offshore money laundering real estate territory, I have seen a couple Bentayga on the road. To my eyes, it looks smaller in person than in pics, but maybe just compared to all of the Escalades and G-Wagens around here. That Lexus ES is amusing, what we can call the "Florida package" (maybe once the "New Jersey package" too) :)
    Same. My friends and family here in NJ, including my FIL who has a vinyl roof and gold emblems on his MGM, call it the Florida Package.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

Jmonroe will explain it in minute detail for you.

He'd never hang on long enough to get it. And he talks about me rambling on. :@

jmonroe

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    My FIL always ordered his Park Avenues with the Pimp Daddy treatment. One day I had to borrow it and I fervently prayed I wouldn't be spotted by anyone I knew...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

jmonroe said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe
    Looks like the license plate bolts are a no charge item.
    Only this year.

Next year it's an adder thanks to you. :'(

jmonroe

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Craig, I think you may have a problem with Email address. You log in here through your email, not user ID. I went back and looked at a post of yours from 2/7, and you have a gravatar showing (your little picture). That is also tied to your email address (it pops up whenever you use that email on a site like this).

Your Isell4 moniker though does not have one displaying, so my assumption is that you created Isell the original using a specific Email that you also set the picture up with, but Isell4 is not using that same email (otherwise the avatar would appear on those posts, and you are instead getting the default icon meaning you don't have one set up).

Anyway, something concrete to look at.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

driver100 said:

Sunday can be a little slow and I just received this joke which I thought might be slightly on topic:

A retired older couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful blonde in a mini skirt and halter top.
    The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply. "Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price," said the older man. "Yet I just heard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there."
    "And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model."
    The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a large glass of water. "Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn't need any financing help, and, Sir, just look at her, how could I resist?", replied the grinning salesman sheepishly.
    Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man... "There you go," she said. "I told you I could get him to lower
    the price... see you later, Dad."

Somebody already posted that story and Edmunds did an exhaustive investigation. The results concluded that @abacomike was the salesman but, with all of his stories, he never let that one out. :s

jmonroe

stickguy said:

Craig, I think you may have a problem with Email address. You log in here through your email, not user ID. I went back and looked at a post of yours from 2/7, and you have a gravatar showing (your little picture). That is also tied to your email address (it pops up whenever you use that email on a site like this).

Your Isell4 moniker though does not have one displaying, so my assumption is that you created Isell the original using a specific Email that you also set the picture up with, but Isell4 is not using that same email (otherwise the avatar would appear on those posts, and you are instead getting the default icon meaning you don't have one set up).

Anyway, something concrete to look at.

I wish I had the computer skills to understand what you mean. I don't go through my email to access Edmunds. I simply go to the bottom on my Windows 10 screen and type in "Edmunds" Then I click on Edmunds Forums. It use to ALWAYS automatically log me in password and all. One say it called me a "Stranger" and asked me to sign in. I tried to but after all of these years I had no idea what my password was. I tried going through the "lost password" with no success. It forced me to sign back up and create a new "me" hence the isellhondas4. Then one day, by some miracle I was restored! That lasted awhile but no more.

I did click on a link that someone posted @isellhondas and there I was! Old photos, all of my history etc! It allowed "me" isellhondas4 to send a message to my former self! Then I even got a badge under isellhondas4 congratulating me for "dropping a name"! Isn't that nice?

I do thank you for the tip. I'll poke around and see if I can accomplish anything.
    I just wanted to pop in any maybe clarify a few things. First, I am not an imposter. I'm the same Craig aka isellhondas who has been around these forums since they began in late 1995-1996. It's me. I am still trying to regain my former identity and although there are a couple of you ONE in particular who seem to think I am whining about this and that maybe I need lessons in being a good sport or in playing pickleball I assure you this isn't they way I intended to portray myself. Instead, I reached out for help, support and perhaps some ideas on how to restore my former self. At a time like this one finds out who his real friends are and you've confirmed what I already knew. A heartfelt THANK YOU to those posters and moderators who I know care and even share my frustration. Please know that I am NOT a computer person and what comes easy to a pickleball player may not come easy to a person in whose corporate life had high powered IT people at their beck and call to create templates, fix problems and do the "computer things" that a person in my position couldn't be bothered with. Yes, I had a life before retiring to the Honda business. A corporate life that I'm sure would surprise and maybe even impress some of you. Enough boredom! I will continue my quest to restore "myself" and once again, a huge thank you to those who support me.
    Isellhondas - it's not just computer and IT skills that play a significant role in being successful in determining the "INS and OUTS" of the world of technology - LUCK has a lot to do with it as well.  If you think I know how to take, store and then post photos of cars here on Edmunds, you don't know anything about me!  

Today, I took some photos of that Bentley in the hopes that I could share them with my friends here on this forum.  I closed my eyes after tapping on the picture frame and, to my amazement, there were the pictures I took posted on the forum.  It is pure luck that it worked - and I did it using my iPhone 7+.  

Perhaps you should follow my lead and close your eyes, make a wish, and see what happens.  It works for me - not all the time - but enough to give me some hope that some day I'll master this technology stuff - but the power above who bestows this ability/skill on us humans better hurry - I'm running out of time!   ;)

2021 Genesis G90

jmonroe said:
    Man, I had to read that a couple times but I think I know now what you mean. Sorta like a Genesis owner, right? :o jmonroe
    See, even you , our "star", had to re-read that post several times to figure it out.  Thank goodness, I thought I had lost it!   :p

2021 Genesis G90

jmonroe said:
    Sunday can be a little slow and I just received this joke which I thought might be slightly on topic: A retired older couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful blonde in a mini skirt and halter top. The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply. "Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price," said the older man. "Yet I just heard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there." "And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model." The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a large glass of water. "Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn't need any financing help, and, Sir, just look at her, how could I resist?", replied the grinning salesman sheepishly. Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man... "There you go," she said. "I told you I could get him to lower the price... see you later, Dad."
    Somebody already posted that story and Edmunds did an exhaustive investigation. The results concluded that @abacomike was the salesman but, with all of his stories, he never let that one out. :s jmonroe
    Darn it - you caught me at it!   B)

2021 Genesis G90

edited February 2017

Man, I had to read that a couple times but I think I know now what you mean. Sorta like a Genesis owner, right? :o jmonroe<

Mike: See, even you , our "star", had to re-read that post several times to figure it out.  Thank goodness, I thought I had lost it!>

Yeh, I hear Jmonroe has a few $mill in the bank....but, he buys a Genesis so we think he is just one of us.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    I just got a private email from Edmunds and figured they were going to chew me out about something. I was surprised that they had awarded me the "Ancient Member Badge". I don't know whether to be appreciative or insulted !! :p

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Hey Craig!  I know you've been frustrated in the past with your login info & password getting lost.  I for one don't care who you post as, as long as we know it is you!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

abacomike said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

Sunday can be a little slow and I just received this joke which I thought might be slightly on topic:

A retired older couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful blonde in a mini skirt and halter top.
    The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply. "Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price," said the older man. "Yet I just heard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there."
    "And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model."
    The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a large glass of water. "Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn't need any financing help, and, Sir, just look at her, how could I resist?", replied the grinning salesman sheepishly.
    Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man... "There you go," she said. "I told you I could get him to lower
    the price... see you later, Dad."

Somebody already posted that story and Edmunds did an exhaustive investigation. The results concluded that @abacomike was the salesman but, with all of his stories, he never let that one out. :s

jmonroe

Darn it - you caught me at it!   B)

Don't get me into this.

What gave you away was your phone. You butt called or should I say you butt sent pics to Edmunds from your phones secret memory setting which is some of that high tech stuff you have not figured out yet and the rest is history. :p

jmonroe

houdini1 said:

I just got a private email from Edmunds and figured they were going to chew me out about something. I was surprised that they had awarded me the "Ancient Member Badge". I don't know whether to be appreciative or insulted !! :p

Congratulation or maybe it's congratulations on being insulted.

For all I know Edmunds has sent me a few "chewed you out emails over the years". I couldn't honestly say that I didn't deserve them but they never arrived because my email on my Edmunds profile page is not my correct email. Are you listening @isellhondas / @isellhondas4?

I've tried a few times to correct it but I can't. It's a good thing I remembered what my old email was or I could be sailing in the same boat with @isellhondas. :'(

I hope I ain't doing anything illegal in here. :o

jmonroe

driver100 said:

Man, I had to read that a couple times but I think I know now what you mean. Sorta like a Genesis owner, right? :o jmonroe<

Mike: See, even you , our "star", had to re-read that post several times to figure it out.  Thank goodness, I thought I had lost it!>

Yeh, I hear Jmonroe has a few $mill in the bank....but, he buys a Genesis so we think he is just one of us.

And you have no idea how hard that is. :(

jmonroe