Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to learn more!
Options

2017 Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    nsimons13nsimons13 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Just ordered Audi a4 prestige what would my payment be.
    53500 msrp
    49100 sale price
    8.125 ny tax
    12000miles/36mnths
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,406
    nsimons13 said:

Just ordered Audi a4 prestige what would my payment be.
    53500 msrp
    49100 sale price
    8.125 ny tax
    12000miles/36mnths

Assuming Quattro, .00043 and 52%

With your prices, I get $662/mo if you roll the taxes into the payment, and you pay the fees and first payment up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    ztaylor0ztaylor0 Member Posts: 10
    Michaell said:

ztaylor0 said:

Finally got my turn in date for my VW so I am looking for MF and RV for 2017 A4 Premium Quattro with Season of Audi in Maryland. I am going with AudiCare as well. 36/10K. I am seeing .00043 and 58% but wanted to make sure that it didn't change for March. Is there a expectation of new figures for March coming soon?

We do have the March programs.

.00043 and 59% for 36/10 for SoA Quattro.
    I was offered the following in MD. I am working on getting the MF and RV from them to compare. They say the car I want isn't on the lot anymore but I still see it on the website so not sure why the acq fee and destination fee are there.

2017 A4 Premium Quattro Sedan(this is not SofA) 36/10K
    My estimates have the MF at .00043 and RV at 55%
    MSRP - 42105
    Sale Price - 37894
    Fees - 2393 (Doc fee 349, Lic fee 299, acq fee 795, destination 950)
    Taxes - 2274
    Down Payment - 4867, includes first payment
    Monthly Payment - $432

Is there any reason I would need to pay the acq fee and dest fee? My goal is to pay just the taxes and first payment up front and negotiate the cap cost to around $37900 to keep the payment where they quoted me.
  • Options
    ztaylor0 said:

Michaell said:

ztaylor0 said:

Finally got my turn in date for my VW so I am looking for MF and RV for 2017 A4 Premium Quattro with Season of Audi in Maryland. I am going with AudiCare as well. 36/10K. I am seeing .00043 and 58% but wanted to make sure that it didn't change for March. Is there a expectation of new figures for March coming soon?

We do have the March programs.

.00043 and 59% for 36/10 for SoA Quattro.
    I was offered the following in MD. I am working on getting the MF and RV from them to compare. They say the car I want isn't on the lot anymore but I still see it on the website so not sure why the acq fee and destination fee are there.

2017 A4 Premium Quattro Sedan(this is not SofA) 36/10K
    My estimates have the MF at .00043 and RV at 55%
    MSRP - 42105
    Sale Price - 37894
    Fees - 2393 (Doc fee 349, Lic fee 299, acq fee 795, destination 950)
    Taxes - 2274
    Down Payment - 4867, includes first payment
    Monthly Payment - $432

Is there any reason I would need to pay the acq fee and dest fee? My goal is to pay just the taxes and first payment up front and negotiate the cap cost to around $37900 to keep the payment where they quoted me.
    Destination is part of the MSRP, can't be negotiated; should be part of the $42,105.

Acquisition is mandated by the bank, can't be negotiated, but can be added into the cap cost.

Doc fee is dealer profit.

You can also roll the taxes into the cap cost, as well - which we recommend. Will bump your payment $60/mo or so, but if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't lose the tax amount that you pre-paid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    genner2genner2 Member Posts: 46
    Michaell said:

And, for future reference, don't quote the actual MF - just tell them you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up. They know what the base rate is. Giving them the number will freak them out, as you've noticed. And, it invites uncomfortable questions about sources. :sunglasses:

Michaell, could you please explain what you mean by not ever quoting the actual MF? You mean, don't let the salesperson know that I'm aware of the "real MF" you've given me? Why not? I'll be using it to calculate for the deal I want, and I may need to show the salesperson how I'm arriving at the numbers I'm asking for.
  • Options
    genner2 said:

Michaell said:

And, for future reference, don't quote the actual MF - just tell them you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up. They know what the base rate is. Giving them the number will freak them out, as you've noticed. And, it invites uncomfortable questions about sources. :sunglasses:

Michaell, could you please explain what you mean by not ever quoting the actual MF? You mean, don't let the salesperson know that I'm aware of the "real MF" you've given me? Why not? I'll be using it to calculate for the deal I want, and I may need to show the salesperson how I'm arriving at the numbers I'm asking for.
    If they use the same numbers you do, their calculations should match yours and you won't have to show your work.

Just keep telling them you won't sign if the MF is marked up. You don't have to tell them how you know it is.

That said, when I leased my Jetta last summer, my spreadsheet and the dealer software was giving a different payment. It wasn't due to the MF difference, but how the pricing worked out. I did disclose the MF to them, but only as a last resort.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    vinvazvinvaz Member Posts: 11
    kyfdx said:

vinvaz said:

Hello Michael - Looking to find out details about what is Audi offering in IL - A4 Quattro Prem Plus - 10k/36mo leases is what I'm considering. Any ideas if there are any lease deals to be had in Illinois?

.00043 MF and 57% residual
    Thanks much! I think I will have to place an order for a dealer to get a 6 speed. No one has inventory.
  • Options
    riche119riche119 Member Posts: 7
    Michaell, I am shopping for an Audi A4 Premium + and need the current lease numbers and any incentives for Illinois and Indiana (I live on the state line, so both are in play). I'm looking at 36/10 and 36/12. Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,799
    riche119 said:

Michaell, I am shopping for an Audi A4 Premium + and need the current lease numbers and any incentives for Illinois and Indiana (I live on the state line, so both are in play). I'm looking at 36/10 and 36/12. Thanks!

Assuming Quattro:

.00043 MF and 57%/56% residual
    $1000 bonus cash in Central Region

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    woodiron93woodiron93 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2017
    Hello,

I am shopping for an A4. Can I get the numbers for 2017 Audi A4 premium quattro, premium plus quattro, and Season of Audi Quattro at 36mo/12k for Southern California?
  • Options

Hello,

I am shopping for an A4. Can I get the numbers for 2017 Audi A4 premium quattro, premium plus quattro, and Season of Audi Quattro at 36mo/12k for Southern California?

.00043 and 56% (P or P+) or 58% (SoA)

$1000 bonus cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Michaell said:

If they use the same numbers you do, their calculations should match yours and you won't have to show your work.

Just keep telling them you won't sign if the MF is marked up. You don't have to tell them how you know it is.

That said, when I leased my Jetta last summer, my spreadsheet and the dealer software was giving a different payment. It wasn't due to the MF difference, but how the pricing worked out. I did disclose the MF to them, but only as a last resort.
    OK, thanks. I figured salespeople assumed buyers would know the MF because of forums like this :)
  • Options
    genner2 said:

Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Michaell said:

OK, thanks. I figured salespeople assumed buyers would know the MF because of forums like this :)
    Only a small percentage of buyers check out our forums. Gives the dealer plenty of opportunity to mark up the MF for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    leasing_habitleasing_habit Member Posts: 20
    Michaell said:

Hello,

$1000 bonus cash
    Does anyone know why the SoA residual is so much higher vs. the premium and p+? Seems really odd. These are good for MN too, correct?
  • Options

Michaell said:

Hello,

$1000 bonus cash
    Does anyone know why the SoA residual is so much higher vs. the premium and p+? Seems really odd. These are good for MN too, correct?
    We don't have a reason. Just the facts.

Residuals are nationwide

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hey come on, I need reasons. Just kidding. Thanks for the facts, obviously super helpful. If you could just pick my next lease for me that would be great, the research is killing me.
  • Options

Hey come on, I need reasons. Just kidding. Thanks for the facts, obviously super helpful. If you could just pick my next lease for me that would be great, the research is killing me.

Here's a tip - get what you like, not necessarily what has the best lease deal.

You'll be driving the car for the next 3 years - it would hurt to hate it just because the deal was so good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

You'll be driving the car for the next 3 years - it would hurt to hate it just because the deal was so good.
    I'll see if my wife will buy-in to your logic.
  • Options

Michaell said:

I'm not suggesting that you ignore the budget - we all have limitations to what we can spend.

But, within those parameters, don't focus solely on the deal. Test drive the cars you're interested in, and identify which one(s) you like the most.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

I'm not suggesting that you ignore the budget - we all have limitations to what we can spend.

But, within those parameters, don't focus solely on the deal. Test drive the cars you're interested in, and identify which one(s) you like the most.
    I hear you, good advice.
  • Options
    skoppisettyskoppisetty Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

Hello,

$1000 bonus cash
    Hello,
    Can I also get for Premium+/Prestige and 10K/12K ?
  • Options

Michaell said:

Hello,

$1000 bonus cash
    Hello,
    Can I also get for Premium+/Prestige and 10K/12K ?
    36/12 - .00043 and 56% (P+) or 52% (Prestige). Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks Michael for the numbers. Got a quote from the dealer.

2017 A4 Premium Plus Quattro Sedan (with tech, sports package) 36/12k
    MSRP - 49025
    Sale Price - 44122.50
    Fees - 1273 (Doc fee 80, Lic fee 398, acq fee 795, destination fees not mentioned)
    Down Payment - 0
    Monthly Payment - $571.23 + 49.98 tax = $621.21

He mentioned MF is 0.001 and RV 56%

Is this a good deal If I get them to match MF to 0.00043 ? Also If I add Audi care + wear & tear coverage will it help in increasing RV and reduce monthly payment ?
  • Options
    brunofbrunof Member Posts: 40
    Hello Sir. I hope this is the right thread.

Looking for MF and residuals on:

1. 2017 Audi A4 Allroad - Premium Trim, Conv Pkg, Heated Front Seats, and Oak Inlays.
    MSRP $47295.

36mos / 15k per year.

2. 2017 Audi A4 Allroad - Premium Plus Trim, Tech Pkg, Cold Weather, Inlays, Full Paint Finish
    MSRP $53625.

36mos / 15k per year

Thank you for your time.
  • Options

Thanks Michael for the numbers. Got a quote from the dealer.

2017 A4 Premium Plus Quattro Sedan (with tech, sports package) 36/12k
    MSRP - 49025
    Sale Price - 44122.50
    Fees - 1273 (Doc fee 80, Lic fee 398, acq fee 795, destination fees not mentioned)
    Down Payment - 0
    Monthly Payment - $571.23 + 49.98 tax = $621.21

He mentioned MF is 0.001 and RV 56%

Is this a good deal If I get them to match MF to 0.00043 ? Also If I add Audi care + wear & tear coverage will it help in increasing RV and reduce monthly payment ?

Politely tell the dealer you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up; they know the base rate.

But - they may take back some of the discount they are currently showing you.

Adding AudiCare will add 1% to the residual - always a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks Michael. Will try one more round of negotiation. Hopefully it reduces my monthly even further.
  • Options
    brunof said:

Hello Sir. I hope this is the right thread.

Looking for MF and residuals on:

1. 2017 Audi A4 Allroad - Premium Trim, Conv Pkg, Heated Front Seats, and Oak Inlays.
    MSRP $47295.

36mos / 15k per year.

2. 2017 Audi A4 Allroad - Premium Plus Trim, Tech Pkg, Cold Weather, Inlays, Full Paint Finish
    MSRP $53625.

36mos / 15k per year

Thank you for your time.

.00231 MF and 59% residual
    Either trim

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    woodiron93woodiron93 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

Hello,

$1000 bonus cash
    Thank you for the information! Regarding the $1000 bonus cash, do you have any more details on this? When I visited the dealer last week, this wasn't mentioned to me so I wanted to know all of the details before I bring it up with the sales rep. How do we receive this $1000 bonus cash?

Thanks again.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Hello,

$1000 bonus cash
    Thank you for the information! Regarding the $1000 bonus cash, do you have any more details on this? When I visited the dealer last week, this wasn't mentioned to me so I wanted to know all of the details before I bring it up with the sales rep. How do we receive this $1000 bonus cash?

Thanks again.
    It may be a factory to dealer incentive. Use the knowledge to negotiate your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    carrolspcarrolsp Member Posts: 2
    Curious to know if i negotiated a good lease deal - dealer wants me to come in tomorrow to sign.

36/10k

2017 Audi A4 FWD Season of Audi S line model

MSRP ~$41,250

Negotiated down to $1550 drive off, $375/m. Audicare not included in this.
  • Options
    carrolsp said:

Curious to know if i negotiated a good lease deal - dealer wants me to come in tomorrow to sign.

36/10k

2017 Audi A4 FWD Season of Audi S line model

MSRP ~$41,250

Negotiated down to $1550 drive off, $375/m. Audicare not included in this.

What state and tax rate?

What is the adjusted cap cost?

What does the $1550 include?

The payment looks good, relative to MSRP, but without the details we won't know for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    carrolspcarrolsp Member Posts: 2
    sorry about that, LA county tax rate so 9.5%. $1550 includes down payment + First month payment. All numbers are including tax title reg etc. Adjusted Cap Cost I can't find on the sheet
  • Options
    carrolsp said:

sorry about that, LA county tax rate so 9.5%. $1550 includes down payment + First month payment. All numbers are including tax title reg etc. Adjusted Cap Cost I can't find on the sheet

How much down payment?

Adjusted cap cost = negotiated selling price + taxes, fees you are not paying up front - cap reduction (down payment)

Ask the dealer what that numbers is - if they become evasive, it may be time to find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    joby1knobijoby1knobi Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Going A4 shopping this weekend and wondering if you can tell me the residual, mf, and any incentives on the following. I'm in CT (NYC market)

Looking at two Premium Quattro models... one is Season of Audi, one is not; and then a P+ model. Will be getting a 36/15k lease.

Thanks
  • Options

Going A4 shopping this weekend and wondering if you can tell me the residual, mf, and any incentives on the following. I'm in CT (NYC market)

Looking at two Premium Quattro models... one is Season of Audi, one is not; and then a P+ model. Will be getting a 36/15k lease.

Thanks

.00043 and 54% (P or P+) or 56% (SoA)

$750 bonus cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Could I please get the numbers in CA for 2017 A4 Premium Plus Ultra FWD for both 36/12 and 36/15? I also plan to get Audi Care (assuming it's worth it?).

Afterward, do I just need to ask for the MSRP (and various fees) from the different dealerships?

Thank you!

.00030 and 54% / 52%
    Michaell, could you please confirm if the numbers you gave above is still current in SoCal for A4 Premium Plus Ultra FWD, 36/12 and 36/15? If so, any new incentives?

Also, could you please give me values for FWD (non-Ultra)?

Thank you.
  • Options
    genner2 said:

Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Could I please get the numbers in CA for 2017 A4 Premium Plus Ultra FWD for both 36/12 and 36/15? I also plan to get Audi Care (assuming it's worth it?).

Afterward, do I just need to ask for the MSRP (and various fees) from the different dealerships?

Thank you!

.00030 and 54% / 52%
    Michaell, could you please confirm if the numbers you gave above is still current in SoCal for A4 Premium Plus Ultra FWD, 36/12 and 36/15? If so, any new incentives?

Thank you.
    Ultra P+ - .00030 and 54% / 52%

FWD P+ - .00011 and 54% / 52%

$1000 bonus cash for both Ultra and FWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Thank you!

.00030 and 54% / 52%

Thank you.
    Ultra P+ - .00030 and 54% / 52%

FWD P+ - .00011 and 54% / 52%

$1000 bonus cash for both Ultra and FWD.
    Thank you for the quick response, Michaell!
  • Options
    defy123defy123 Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2017
    A4 (SoA) AWD/FWD for 60607/46204 please
  • Options
    defy123 said:

A4 (SoA) AWD/FWD for 60607/46204 please

.00043 MF and 56% residual for 36/15.

We only have SOA numbers for the Quattro model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    clone1008clone1008 Member Posts: 3
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question but are there different MF's for different credit tiers?
  • Options
    clone1008 said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but are there different MF's for different credit tiers?

Not stupid at all.

As the credit score goes down, the money factor goes up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lipak24lipak24 Member Posts: 5
    What is the residual and mark up for 2017 Season of Audi AWD? MSRP $45,925, 12K/36. I live in NYC, and the best deal I have is $2700 at sign (which includes all taxes, fees, and 1st month payment) and $399/month thereafter. Tax in NYC is 8.875%. Thanks very much!
  • Options
    lipak24lipak24 Member Posts: 5
    Sorry I meant MF not mark up. So to be clear could I please get the residual and best MF for the 2017 Season of Audi AWD? MSRP $45,925. If it matters, I live in NYC. Thanks.
  • Options
    jimmy00 said:

What would be the Residual and MF for 2017 Audi A4 Prestige FWD and Ultra Premium/Ultra Premium SoA. 15K / 36
    thank you!

What state? Audi incentives are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lipak24 said:

Sorry I meant MF not mark up. So to be clear could I please get the residual and best MF for the 2017 Season of Audi AWD? MSRP $45,925. If it matters, I live in NYC. Thanks.

36/12 - .00043 and 58%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    jimmy00 said:

Michaell said:

jimmy00 said:

What would be the Residual and MF for 2017 Audi A4 Prestige FWD and Ultra Premium/Ultra Premium SoA. 15K / 36
    thank you!

What state? Audi incentives are regional.
    sorry
    Florida
    FWD Prestige: .00011 MF and 49% residual
    Ultra: .00030 MF and 52%/53% residual for Premium/SOA

No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tad2480tad2480 Member Posts: 50
    Hello - looking at a 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus Manual with Sport Plus Package. What are residuals for 36 and 39 month leases with 7500 miles a year? Also, Audi Care adds 1% to residual right?

Thanks,
    Troy
  • Options
    tad2480 said:

Hello - looking at a 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus Manual with Sport Plus Package. What are residuals for 36 and 39 month leases with 7500 miles a year? Also, Audi Care adds 1% to residual right?

Thanks,
    Troy

FWD or Quattro?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tad2480tad2480 Member Posts: 50
    Quattro
This discussion has been closed.