Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Audi S5 Sportback Lease Deals and Prices

mzbailsmzbails Member Posts: 30
edited January 2019 in Audi
Hi, i'm new to this forum and also Leasing. I've been reading some threads here on leasing..I'm trying to get to help on this topic. I'm starting my search for a new car and i'm looking to lease. The vehicle is relatively new and is pretty limited with availability at the moment. Trying to get a great deal on a Audi is tough, but i seem to be a bit confused on the financial side of things when it comes to leasing. Residuals, Money Factors etc. Can someone help explain these to me in some depth. Again, 2018 Audi s5 Sportback, Prestige, with Driver Assist package and S Sport package. If anyone has any pricing info and or prices paid, would be nice, and also some strategies for getting the best deal. I live in Northern VA. (Springfield, va 22150). I'm looking for numbers on a 36 month 10k lease. Thanks in advance, Mike

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,908
    mzbails said:

Hi, i'm new to this forum and also Leasing. I've been reading some threads here on leasing..I'm trying to get to help on this topic. I'm starting my search for a new car and i'm looking to lease. The vehicle is relatively new and is pretty limited with availability at the moment. Trying to get a great deal on a Audi is tough, but i seem to be a bit confused on the financial side of things when it comes to leasing. Residuals, Money Factors etc. Can someone help explain these to me in some depth. Again, 2018 Audi s5 Sportback, Prestige, with Driver Assist package and S Sport package. If anyone has any pricing info and or prices paid, would be nice, and also some strategies for getting the best deal. I live in Northern VA. (Springfield, va 22150). I'm looking for numbers on a 36 month 10k lease. Thanks in advance, Mike

Start your research with the articles here:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

.00175 and 62% for S5 SB Prestige 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ChaseBellowsChaseBellows Member Posts: 76
    Hey @mzbails You're right, it's going to be a bit more difficult to negotiate on the vehicle when it's all new. It doesn't give you as much negotiation power vs. something that's new. I'd definitely check out the articles that @Michaell posted above as well as the pricing the S5 Sportback on the link below. Let us know if you have any questions with leasing, or if you get a quote from an Audi dealer that you'd like us to go over. We're here to help through the whole car buying process!

https://www.edmunds.com/audi/s5/2018/options/?legacy=true&sub=hatchback&color=
  • mzbailsmzbails Member Posts: 30
    Thanks @Michaell and @ChaseBellows !! I'll check the above links out. I'm also reading it's better in terms of leasing, to opt for the Premium Plus, packaged up, as opposed to the prestige. Any thoughts? And also mf and residual? Again 36/10k. Thanks!
    I completely agree with that @mzbails. The residual bumps up 2% no matter how you price out a Premium plus. If I can get your zip code, I'll check your region for the exact figures.
    Zip code is 22150 @ChaseBellows
    Fantastic. In that case, your residual would be 64% for a 10k lease on a 36 for the Premium Plus. MF is 0.00195 @mzbails
    Thanks a lot brother! I'm crunching numbers now lol. I emailed 3 dealers in the area thru the link u suggested above. I also sent some a link of the car I built on the Audi site with the options I'm looking for etc. I'll keep u posted on what they come up with. Really appreciate the help! @ChaseBellows
    @mzbails Sweet!! Right on. Let me know what happens with that and do keep me posted. I'm happy to go over the quote with you and see if it's a fair deal. Have a great weekend!
    So I just heard back from one dealer. They searched all over and supposedly all the way back to Audi Manufacturing to try to find the exact built Audi S5 i emailed them about. they were unable to locate one but they were able to find a couple that were close. 1 was missing navigation package which is pretty important to me, and the other added a bunch of packages like hot and cold weather and had a Gray interior, which I don't care for. he stated that he would still discount A custom order one but said he'd have to add 500 to the MSRP to try to make a little bit more money. He was upfront about it..but he said he could do 5.8% off. the way he explained it made it seem like adding the $500 equated to a 5.8% discount. The 2 salespeople there i spoke to we're extremely nice and seem to be straight forward, but I'm not sure if this is normal..im.still waiting on a few other places to get back to me. Any thoughts? @ChaseBellows
    Out of curiosity, if i was to get the build I want, ($62,325) and add $500 to it like he was offering...with 3k down, and all fees..like destination (975) and prcessing 299, and local taxes at 6%. For 36/10, and push for 7% off, how much do u calculate the monthly cost? @ChaseBellows
    Hey @mzbails Hope you had a great weekend! I can imagine that an S5 Sportback would be very hard to find as they just came out. If you're willing to travel a bit (And by that I mean up to nationwide.) On a personal note, not sure why this car wouldn't have navigation as standard, and also not a huge fan of the gray interior. According to our Edmunds TMV, those S5 Sportbacks are starting to be discounted, so I'd wait till those other dealers get back to you and see if one of the other dealers are more competitive. Below is a great article that we have in regards to negotiating while ordering a vehicle. I think that $500 is a complete waste of money(
    Thanks! I did, hope you did as well! Yeah, I am waiting to see what the other dealers have to offer. I was also thinking to give them my offer, simply of 7% off msrp and keep things simple...but I know they always try to complicated it to their advantage haha. Im not seeing the link u mentioned tho.. @ChaseBellows
    Hey @mzbails Darn! I wrote more but it looks like it got cut off. That's not fun. I think you at least get the gist of what I'm saying when I'm saying full MSRP plus $500 is not going to work.
    Lol, it Ok! I checked it out. So I got another quote, roughly the same deal...take a look. I'm really trying my best to get it within my budget, but still it a bit much for me. I'm keep on them and see what happens. For now ill have to wait..thabks again! @ChaseBellows

Sorry! Here it is.. @ChaseBellows
    What the likelyhood of the residual increasing next month? Like does it trend up over the months? How about mf? @ChaseBellows
    mzbails said:

What the likelyhood of the residual increasing next month? Like does it trend up over the months? How about mf? @ChaseBellows

Nobody can predict what will happen to the numbers in the future.

In general, however, the residual trends down over the course of the model year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@mzbails @Michaell is right on the money. There's absolutely no way to tell. It's like asking a magic 8 ball. We'll truly never know the future residual values. As for the quote you sent me, I sure do like the discount! What do you think of this lease? I can crunch the numbers and compare them to Audi's MF and Residual if you'd like, but it looks like it's off to a great start!
    Yeah, I get it. And sure, if u don't mind. @ChaseBellows I'm still beating them up lol. Im at 6.5% off right now with one dealer, but waiting on 2 others. And this is for a factory order. I may play around a little and see if they can find one with one less package, like the wheels, that I may be able to add later from the dealer..
    Hey @mzbails Let me know what the other dealers have to say. I'm liking the discount so far. The MF is 0.00175 and residual is 62% for 10k miles. The MF is very high, but at least the residual is pretty high! Did you know what the dealer was quoting? These numbers come directly from Audi, so let's see if they match and all add up!
  • zddy97212zddy97212 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for providing this service!

Can you please tell me MF and Reidual for a 36/10 lease on a S5 Premium Plus Sportback in Oregon (97212). I'm looking at metallic pain, navigation, Sport, leather, 19" wheels, B&O, Carbon fiber inlays.

zddy97212 said:

Thank you so much for providing this service!

Can you please tell me MF and Reidual for a 36/10 lease on a S5 Premium Plus Sportback in Oregon (97212). I'm looking at metallic pain, navigation, Sport, leather, 19" wheels, B&O, Carbon fiber inlays.

.00175 and 64%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• defeasancedefeasance Member Posts: 13
    Hi Michaell,

Do you have MF and RV for the S5 Premium Plus Sportback for 24/10? (I'm in SoCal).

Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570

Hi Michaell,

Do you have MF and RV for the S5 Premium Plus Sportback for 24/10? (I'm in SoCal).

Thanks in advance.

.00175 MF and 71% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• defeasancedefeasance Member Posts: 13
    Hi kyfdx,

I appreciate the quick response. Am I right in thinking that these RV%'s are fairly competitive for an Audi? Can you say which bank the lease goes through (Ally, Chase, etc.)?

Thanks again.

Hi kyfdx,

I appreciate the quick response. Am I right in thinking that these RV%'s are fairly competitive for an Audi? Can you say which bank the lease goes through (Ally, Chase, etc.)?

Thanks again.

These are Audi Financial Services numbers.

Yes, these are pretty high residuals, for Audi.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• iltoticariltoticar Member Posts: 10
    Hello im in the process of leasing a new S5 Sportsback premium Plus with sport pack and other goodies.... can you update me on MF and Residual For 36/12 in new york and advice if i should do anything different.
    Msrp 65840
    selling price 62500
    rebate 750
    sales price 61750.00
    they gave me MF .000175
    and residual they put it as 61 + 2 % bump for a total of 63%
    with all taxes and everything rolled in came up to 849.00 a month

i also asked if i can give MSD's and the sales person didnt know.
    is it something i can demand their finance dept. so i can lower my premium?

thank you.
    iltoticar said:

Hello im in the process of leasing a new S5 Sportsback premium Plus with sport pack and other goodies.... can you update me on MF and Residual For 36/12 in new york and advice if i should do anything different.
    Msrp 65840
    selling price 62500
    rebate 750
    sales price 61750.00
    they gave me MF .000175
    and residual they put it as 61 + 2 % bump for a total of 63%
    with all taxes and everything rolled in came up to 849.00 a month

i also asked if i can give MSD's and the sales person didnt know.
    is it something i can demand their finance dept. so i can lower my premium?

thank you.

.00175 and 63% are still correct

Do you know the adjusted cap cost, with all the taxes and fees added in?

There is an MSD program from Audi, but we don't know the details. Talk with the finance manager about it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• iltoticariltoticar Member Posts: 10
    hello Mike thank you for your response, i had em ask their manager and they keep saying they have no MSDs availa... should i get in touch with audi and find out?
    iltoticar said:

hello Mike thank you for your response, i had em ask their manager and they keep saying they have no MSDs availa... should i get in touch with audi and find out?

Check with other dealers and see if you get the same answer; it's possible Audi suspended their MSD program, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey Chase, almost got the deal I'm looking for on the s5 sportback. I'm heading in this weekend, but with the new month im gonna be heading into , I was wondering if u can give me the updated mf and residual #'s. Im getting a bunch if great offers now at the end if the month for the factory order..they say they will honor it if I put down a deposit. I know it will differ slightly upon delivery in a couple months tho. ill keep u posted. Thanks! @ChaseBellows
    Mf and residual please, 2018 s5 sportback premium plus, 36/10k. Virginia 22150, for September 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    mzbails said:

Mf and residual please, 2018 s5 sportback premium plus, 36/10k. Virginia 22150, for September 

August programs have been extended through September 5th.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2017
    Hi @Michaell and @ChaseBellows I have a quote I was hoping u can go over and see if it checks out..seems to be a great deal..but I think the mf is wrong, to my benefit (lower) : ) Can u take a look amd let me know your thoughts please. Thanks!
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell and @ChaseBellows I have a quote I was hoping u can go over and see if it checks out..seems to be a great deal..but I think the mf is wrong, to my benefit (lower) : ) Can u take a look amd let me know your thoughts please. Thanks!

.00175 is the base MF for the S5, this month.

I'm just a couple dollars off that quote, but we suggest you roll the taxes and fees into the monthly payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you won't get the upfront monies refunded to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok, yeah I was coming up with a little less of a monthly payment with my calculations too. As for the taxes and fees, those I would be rolling into the payments. The money down is a bit higher than I wanted to do tho..so what would be the reason our calculations are off? Va state tax us 4.15%..i was hoping I could point to something to have addressed when I meet with them, in hopes of reducing the payment. Thoughts? @Michaell
    I keep coming up with payments under $600 with the current scenarios, which is where I want to be. I can't figure it out! @Michaell
    mzbails said:

I keep coming up with payments under $600 with the current scenarios, which is where I want to be. I can't figure it out! @Michaell

Can't tell you why your calculations are off - are you using an on-line calculator?

The $650 payment is before rolling in the taxes and fees - if you do that, the payment will go up over $100/mo ($28/mo for every $1000 added to the cap cost)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi @Michaell, the 650 actually is all inclusive, that's the total monthly payment. I think maybe my calculations were off due to fees and tax amounts being wrong when entered into the online lease calculators..either way, it seems to be accurate, right? Do u have any insight on Audi care? The lease term is 36 months..do i need it? 
    mzbails said:

Hi @Michaell, the 650 actually is all inclusive, that's the total monthly payment. I think maybe my calculations were off due to fees and tax amounts being wrong when entered into the online lease calculators..either way, it seems to be accurate, right? Do u have any insight on Audi care? The lease term is 36 months..do i need it? 

AudiCare is something we do recommend, as it bumps the residual up 1%. Have you priced Audi services?
    :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I have, and it seems that I will only end up paying for 2 oil changes at approximately 120 each. The residual cost of the Audi care with my deal is approximately 360. I Also own a body shop, so really I can perform the services myself with discounts on any cabin/air filters if needed. Just doesn't seem to be worth it for me, as I also don't plan on keeping the car after the lease. I feel the Audi care benefits them more.. @Michaell
    mzbails said:

I have, and it seems that I will only end up paying for 2 oil changes at approximately 120 each. The residual cost of the Audi care with my deal is approximately 360. I Also own a body shop, so really I can perform the services myself with discounts on any cabin/air filters if needed. Just doesn't seem to be worth it for me, as I also don't plan on keeping the car after the lease. I feel the Audi care benefits them more.. @Michaell

OK, then I agree that you should skip AudiCare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows
    mzbails said:

This is the last and final offer I have, if u don't mind, can u check it out. Is the discount off msrp good in yiur opinion? I'm going to go with $3750 down, does the monthly payment add up? Ive run the numbers and ut seem to be on point. Va taxes, desrination fee 975, aquistion fee 895, doc fee 299...its all correct? Mf is 0.00175 and residual is 64%. I'm thinking I will take this offer. Any concerns? I greatly appreciate all the help! @Michaell @ChaseBellows

If I subtract the $3750 from the $57,467 price, I get $589/mo for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yeah. I was coming up with close to that too. So what gives? @Michaell
    What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell
    mzbails said:

What fees are you calculating into the equation? $975 destination, 895 acquisition (that's what I recall I was told), 299 processing, 119 doc fee. Am I missing something. I have asked to get some clarification from the dealer as well. I just feel like they are adding some fluff somewhere.. @Michaell

Either junk fees, or the MF is marked up.

But, new program numbers are released today. Hopefully we will get them soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator