Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Jeep Wrangler Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Happy Holidays everyone. T Going to look at a 2018 Willy's 2 door tomorrow. MRSP of 33,775 on special for 31,775. Wanting to know what the residual and MF would be for Dec. on a 36 MO lease, 10k. Thanks! (assuming Michael)!

Standard MF and 64% residual for either 36 or 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• flyinghigh727flyinghigh727 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Kyfdx! So then it appears the unlimiteds have much better residuals? I'm on the fence between a 2 and 4 door. Wife want some me to get a 4, I'm thinking 2. Possible baby in the coming year (s) is her motivation. What are the residuals on the willys unlimited? 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252

Thanks Kyfdx! So then it appears the unlimiteds have much better residuals? I'm on the fence between a 2 and 4 door. Wife want some me to get a 4, I'm thinking 2. Possible baby in the coming year (s) is her motivation. What are the residuals on the willys unlimited? 

73% for 36/10 on Willys Unlimited

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Got a quote back. 2017 Willys Unlimited here in CA
    36 MO/10k
    MSRP $36,975
    $34975 sale price
    customer cash $1675 (first month + $1127)
    $422 a MO
    Thoughts?????

Got a quote back. 2017 Willys Unlimited here in CA
    36 MO/10k
    MSRP $36,975
    $34975 sale price
    customer cash $1675 (first month + $1127)
    $422 a MO
    Thoughts?????

That looks about right for a Wrangler.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Any predictions on whats going to happen next month with the new 2018 JL Wranglers are released? What typically happens (or has been your experience) to the current models? Any ideas on the best strategy (buy now versus wait)? Doubt they discount any of the new models for awhile. Would you expect to see the 2018 JK models residuals drop from 73% significantly? Thanks!

Any predictions on whats going to happen next month with the new 2018 JL Wranglers are released? What typically happens (or has been your experience) to the current models? Any ideas on the best strategy (buy now versus wait)? Doubt they discount any of the new models for awhile. Would you expect to see the 2018 JK models residuals drop from 73% significantly? Thanks!

Pretty sure that the MF will be standard.

No guesses on residual, but likely high.

Normally, I'd suggest to wait, but the Wrangler operates in a universe of it's own when it comes to pricing. May not come down for a good long while.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks Michael! I'm not in a rush so maybe I'll sit tight. As for purchase price, what should be my target discount % off MSRP? I've been reading 10% seems to be obtainable and makes for a good deal.

Thanks Michael! I'm not in a rush so maybe I'll sit tight. As for purchase price, what should be my target discount % off MSRP? I've been reading 10% seems to be obtainable and makes for a good deal.

We don't track pricing; use the "make model year" pull down at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mathewpjosemathewpjose Member Posts: 4
    State MN. 2018 JK Unlimited sport. MSRP 37500 Selling Price 34500. Trade in value 5k. what is a good lease cost for 12k, 36 MO? What is the Residual and Money Factor?

Thanks

State MN. 2018 JK Unlimited sport. MSRP 37500 Selling Price 34500. Trade in value 5k. what is a good lease cost for 12k, 36 MO? What is the Residual and Money Factor?

Thanks

standard MF and 72% residual.

We suggest you not use the trade equity to buy down the payment - get the dealer to cut you a check.

With your prices, and assuming .00200 as the standard MF (we don't know the exact rate, but it's in that neighborhood), I get $331/mo plus tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Thanks

We suggest you not use the trade equity to buy down the payment - get the dealer to cut you a check.

With your prices, and assuming .00200 as the standard MF (we don't know the exact rate, but it's in that neighborhood), I get $331/mo plus tax.
    Thanks Michaell. So from what I understood, with ZERO down, and with my quoted Selling Price of 34500, 331/mo will be good.

Question: I assume the above 331/Mo is NOT considering the taxes rolled into cap cost. Can I safely assume the final monthly will come to around 390/MO if the final cap cost with taxes rolled in is around 37450?

Thanks

Michaell said:

Thanks

Thanks Michaell. So from what I understood, with ZERO down, and with my quoted Selling Price of 34500, 331/mo will be good.

Question: I assume the above 331/Mo is NOT considering the taxes rolled into cap cost. Can I safely assume the final monthly will come to around 390/MO if the final cap cost with taxes rolled in is around 37450?

Thanks
    Taxes would have to be awful high to go from $331/mo to $390/mo.

What is the tax rate, and what is the adjusted cap cost if the fees are being added in to the selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Are you a car shopper looking to purchase a vehicle in the next month or so? If so, a reporter would love to ask you a few questions. Please send a note to PR@edmunds.com by end of day Friday, December 15 if you'd be willing to chat. Thanks!
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Thanks

Thanks
    Taxes would have to be awful high to go from $331/mo to $390/mo.

What is the tax rate, and what is the adjusted cap cost if the fees are being added in to the selling price?
    Adjusted CAP cost is coming to 36570. I do not have the split up, but tax in MN is high. I am going to go back with the option you recommended, 331/MO for a S.P of 34500. Tax and Fees I will pay upfront. NO trade.

Thanks
    I am trying at another package, JK Unlimited 24F Freedom Edition. MSRP 41545 Selling Price 36000(Internet price). I am yet to go to the dealer to see why this much discount :)

What is a good lease cost for 12k, 36 MO? What is the Residual and Money Factor?'

FYI, I did some math based on your calc and for a .72 residual, the cost is coming to 311/month!!! Am I going nuts? Thanks

I am trying at another package, JK Unlimited 24F Freedom Edition. MSRP 41545 Selling Price 36000(Internet price). I am yet to go to the dealer to see why this much discount :)

What is a good lease cost for 12k, 36 MO? What is the Residual and Money Factor?'

FYI, I did some math based on your calc and for a .72 residual, the cost is coming to 311/month!!! Am I going nuts? Thanks

Be advised, the discounts you see on-line may include incentives that don't apply to a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jdk2000jdk2000 Member Posts: 15
    What is residual and money factor on a "2018WRANGLER JK UNLIMITED WILLYS WHEELER W 4X4"
    for 36 months and 15,000 miles a year? Also, are there currently any incentives?

Thanks in advance!
    jdk2000 said:

What is residual and money factor on a "2018WRANGLER JK UNLIMITED WILLYS WHEELER W 4X4"
    for 36 months and 15,000 miles a year? Also, are there currently any incentives?

Thanks in advance!

70% and standard MF

No incentive information, but unlikely, given how popular the Wrangler is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jazzmangjazzmang Member Posts: 14
    Do we have any lease numbers on the JL Wranglers yet?
    jazzmang said:

Do we have any lease numbers on the JL Wranglers yet?

Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drtyjersdrtyjers Member Posts: 17
    JL Lease numbers available? If not, any idea when they will be?
  • wyattmw0wyattmw0 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    I’m also interested in the January leases for 2017/2018 wrangler JK, 36-48 months, 12k / year. What models have the good residual?

New England area
    drtyjers said:

JL Lease numbers available? If not, any idea when they will be?

No.... and no idea.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

wyattmw0 said:

I’m also interested in the January leases for 2017/2018 wrangler JK, 36-48 months, 12k / year. What models have the good residual?

New England area

2018 Unlimited?

Freedom, Sport and Willys models have the best residuals.
    69%/65% for 36/48 months, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wyattmw0wyattmw0 Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx said:

New England area
    2018 Unlimited? Freedom, Sport and Willys models have the best residuals. 69%/65% for 36/48 months, 15K/yr
    Yes unlimited, thank you!
  • Oshir21Oshir21 Member Posts: 17
    Do you have January numbers (Residuals/MF) for 2018 Willys JK Unlimited 36/39 12/10?
    *Thank you in advance!!
    ashir21 said:

Do you have January numbers (Residuals/MF) for 2018 Willys JK Unlimited 36/39 12/10?
    *Thank you in advance!!

Standard MF
    71%/70% residual for 36/39 mo, 12K/yr
    Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Oshir21Oshir21 Member Posts: 17
    Do the numbers change based on state? (I am in Florida)
    ashir21 said:

Do the numbers change based on state? (I am in Florida)

Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 777dtm777777dtm777 Member Posts: 8
    2018 Wrangler Jk Sport Residual
    2018 Wrangler (2 door) Sport Residual
    24/36mo 12/15k miles
    western wa
    777dtm777 said:

2018 Wrangler Jk Sport Residual
    2018 Wrangler (2 door) Sport Residual
    24/36mo 12/15k miles
    western wa

Standard MF and 64% (24/15) or 60% (36/15)
    Add 1% for 24/12; add 2% for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ffonfireffonfire Member Posts: 25
    Hi, looking for residual and money factor on a 2018 Wrangler Sport, 2-door, automatic transmissions, MSRP $32,700. I'm in Arizona. 36/12
    ffonfire said:

Hi, looking for residual and money factor on a 2018 Wrangler Sport, 2-door, automatic transmissions, MSRP $32,700. I'm in Arizona. 36/12

standard MF and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• easye732easye732 Member Posts: 30
    That RV looks awesome. Is 72% for both the Sport and Sport S?

Looking at an Unlimited Sport or Sport S (trying to figure out if AC is standard on Sport?), 36/12 in NJ. Is there any set MF to expect or just the range quoted above?

Thanks.
    Also, I see incentives for Amex and Allstate? Do you know whether these apply to lease deals, or should I just assume no incentives on the JLs?
    easye732 said:

That RV looks awesome. Is 72% for both the Sport and Sport S?

Looking at an Unlimited Sport or Sport S (trying to figure out if AC is standard on Sport?), 36/12 in NJ. Is there any set MF to expect or just the range quoted above?

Thanks.

Same programs for Sport and Sport S

There is a set MF, we just don't know what it is, this month.
    But, it should be near that range. Of course, dealers can markup the money factor for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

easye732 said:

Also, I see incentives for Amex and Allstate? Do you know whether these apply to lease deals, or should I just assume no incentives on the JLs?

No info on those.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much! You guys are the best.
  • bigbg25bigbg25 Member Posts: 23
    any news on the 2018 JL numbers? I've heard that the dealers can pull on Vins to get info.
    bigbg25 said:

any news on the 2018 JL numbers? I've heard that the dealers can pull on Vins to get info.

We don't have any information for January ... perhaps in February, when the programs are updated.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Dealer is quoting me $379/mo including taxes, with only first month and motor vehicle fees down. JL Unlimited Sport automatic. No incentives. 39/12 lease.

That seems way too good? Or is the RV just that good?
    easye732 said:

Dealer is quoting me $379/mo including taxes, with only first month and motor vehicle fees down. JL Unlimited Sport automatic. No incentives. 39/12 lease.

What is the MSRP?

We don't know the residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

What is the MSRP? We don't know the residual
    MSRP is $39,375.

Sale price is $38,596.

No incentives applied.
    easye732 said:

kyfdx said:

easye732 said:

What is the MSRP?

We don't know the residual

MSRP is $39,375.

Sale price is $38,596.

No incentives applied.

That looks like a great deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

easwhich dealer if you dont mind me asking?
    easye732 said:

which dealer? seems like a great deal. did you go in, or do this online?
    bigbg25 said:
    easwhich dealer if you dont mind me asking?

which dealer? seems like a great deal. did you go in, or do this online?

Seaview Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Ocean Township, NJ. 

All details confirmed by email and a follow up call. Going in tonight. Let's see if they try and throw anything at me. I will try and get the RV as well. 
    good luck! let us know.
    Done deal! Just first month and DMV fees down, $379/mo all in. 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL,. 39k MSRP. 

easye732 said:

Done deal! Just first month and DMV fees down, $379/mo all in. 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL,. 39k MSRP. 

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator