Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    mark_urir said:

Hello,

I'm new to car leasing. I would like to know if I got a good deal from a car broker. Please see below for details.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with the following options: Hands–Free Sliding Doors and Liftgate, Tire and Wheel Group, 18–Inch x 7.5–Inch Aluminum Satin Silver Wheels, 235/60R18 BSW All-Season Tires, KeySense™, Inflatable Spare Tire Kit with Sealant, 17–Inch Inflatable Spare Tire

MSRP: $42,195
    Sale price: $36,520
    36month lease/10k miles per year
    $0 down payment
    $3,000 drive off fees (including tax, DMV, first payment, and doc fees)

50% residual
    money factor: 0.00058
    interest rate: 1.4%

FINAL PAYMENT: $420/month with tax

Do you think this is a reasonable deal?

Thank you very much!

Mark

The Chrysler Capital numbers we have show .00052 and 51% for 36/10. Do you know what bank this lease quote was written against?

We would have recommended you limit your drive off to first payment and DMV costs only, and roll the taxes and fees into the lease.

But, a nice discount from sticker and if you're happy with the deal, that's all that really matters.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mark_urirmark_urir Member Posts: 10
    Hi Michaell,

Thanks for responding. The broker said it's for Ally Bank.

He broke down the details of the $3,000 in drive off fees as follows:

1st month - $420
    DMV - $400
    Doc fee - $500
    Tax - $1261
    Bank fee - $295
    Down payment - $124

I could not understand why the downpayment of $124 was included in the fee. The adj cap cost was still $36,520. When doing my own computation based on numerous web sources: I could not come off $420 per month instead I came up with $462 per month.

Could you help shed some light on this?

Thanks again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    mark_urir said:

Hi Michaell,

Thanks for responding. The broker said it's for Ally Bank.

He broke down the details of the $3,000 in drive off fees as follows:

1st month - $420
    DMV - $400
    Doc fee - $500
    Tax - $1261
    Bank fee - $295
    Down payment - $124

I could not understand why the downpayment of $124 was included in the fee. The adj cap cost was still $36,520. When doing my own computation based on numerous web sources: I could not come off $420 per month instead I came up with $462 per month.

Could you help shed some light on this?

Thanks again.

Is $36,520 the adjusted CAP, or the sale price? Maybe, it's the sale price, and the adjusted CAP cost is different? A rebate of some type plus your extra $124 coming off that number? I get $462/mo, as well, so either the other terms aren't correct, or that's not the adjusted CAP.

Also, $295 seems like an impossibly small acquisition fee from Ally.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Michaell,

$36,520 is the sale price from an MSRP of $42,195 (the trim has some options that came with it). According to the broker I am saving $5,675 from the MSRP. Gross cap is $39,520 ($36,520+$3,000). Net cap would be $36,520 again.

What I don't understand is how they computed this. the downpayment should be deducted from the gross cap right?

Please see attached excel file. Can you check if my computation is right? I'm in New Jersey so the sales tax is computed in full and paid upfront right?

Thanks again!
    I meant thank you kyfdx for the comments. :)
    1st month - $420
    DMV - $400
    Doc fee - $500
    Tax - $1261
    Bank fee - $295
    Down payment - $124

Is the DMV fee reasonable at $400 here in New Jersey (Essex, Bergen county)
    $500 doc fee?? I can ask for it to be waived right?

Also how is the tax computed since in NJ we have to pay the tax upfront.

Thanks again for all your help!!
    mark_urir said:

Hi Michaell,

$36,520 is the sale price from an MSRP of $42,195 (the trim has some options that came with it). According to the broker I am saving $5,675 from the MSRP. Gross cap is $39,520 ($36,520+$3,000). Net cap would be $36,520 again.

What I don't understand is how they computed this. the downpayment should be deducted from the gross cap right?

Please see attached excel file. Can you check if my computation is right? I'm in New Jersey so the sales tax is computed in full and paid upfront right?

Thanks again!

Yeah.. the broker's explanation makes no sense, really.

As noted before, I get the same payment, using the $36,520 number as the NET cap.
    Another explanation is that the quoted money factor is wrong, or the residual percentage is wrong, or the adjusted CAP is wrong. In fact, it has to be one or more of those items, as math is just math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx for clarifying. All the while I was thinking that my formula is wrong. I'd have to verify with the broker as to the details of his computation. But overall, do you think this is a good deal of $420 per month for 36 months with $3,000 in drive off fees? It should be close to 1% of the lease value ratio right?
    mark_urir said:

Thanks kyfdx for clarifying. All the while I was thinking that my formula is wrong. I'd have to verify with the broker as to the details of his computation. But overall, do you think this is a good deal of $420 per month for 36 months with $3,000 in drive off fees? It should be close to 1% of the lease value ratio right?

1% of MSRP for a payment is very, very hard to get. And, it mostly depends on a model having a great lease program, not just you negotiating a great deal. It's just a rule of thumb to smack you in the face, if you happen to come across a great lease deal.

I really don't have an opinion on your deal, because I don't know the details of the Ally lease, or what incentives are available.

Have you shopped a dealer, other than using this broker? Comparison shopping can let you know what's possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi kyfdx,

But how do I compute for the 1% rule? Do I base the MSRP that is set by the dealer (which is inflated) or find edmunds/truecar, etc. average MSRPs? I wanted to just have a base understanding if I'm getting a good deal or not.

What other details would you need to know regarding the Ally lease?

I have not shopped for another dealer or broker yet. I have tried doing the negotiating via email however, dealerships don't want to give me any numbers and instead wanted me to come in person. Even if I told them that according to the New Jersey Consumer Protection Leasing Act that I have a right to know the details of the lease. It didn't say that it has to be in person to get those details. So, I was stuck.

mark_urir said:

Hi kyfdx,

But how do I compute for the 1% rule? Do I base the MSRP that is set by the dealer (which is inflated) or find edmunds/truecar, etc. average MSRPs? I wanted to just have a base understanding if I'm getting a good deal or not.

What other details would you need to know regarding the Ally lease?

I have not shopped for another dealer or broker yet. I have tried doing the negotiating via email however, dealerships don't want to give me any numbers and instead wanted me to come in person. Even if I told them that according to the New Jersey Consumer Protection Leasing Act that I have a right to know the details of the lease. It didn't say that it has to be in person to get those details. So, I was stuck.

I'm pretty sure that the law only applies if you are actually contracting the lease. No dealer is obligated to tell you anything until that time. (I'm not a lawyer).

Dealers don't set MSRP, the manufacturer does. Each vehicle has a true MSRP that is on the government mandated sticker. There is no other MSRP. The "M" stands for Manufacturer. You don't need a 1% rule to see if you are getting a good deal. What you need is full disclosure of the pricing and lease terms, and multiple dealers competing for your business.

Most people use a broker, because they don't want to do the hard work of shopping for the best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm pretty sure that the law only applies if you are actually contracting the lease. No dealer is obligated to tell you anything until that time. (I'm not a lawyer). - I totally understand.

Dealers don't set MSRP, the manufacturer does. Each vehicle has a true MSRP that is on the government mandated sticker. There is no other MSRP. The "M" stands for Manufacturer. You don't need a 1% rule to see if you are getting a good deal. What you need is full disclosure of the pricing and lease terms, and multiple dealers competing for your business. - Got it. Maybe I'm seeing a different MSRP because dealers would usually include options to the sticker price. The buyer having no other choice to get the basic trim with no options. But if I get full disclosure how will I know if its a great deal? Being that no two dealership will offer the same exact car trim.

Most people use a broker, because they don't want to do the hard work of shopping for the best price. - But brokers also use the computation that I attached right?
    mark_urir said:

I'm pretty sure that the law only applies if you are actually contracting the lease. No dealer is obligated to tell you anything until that time. (I'm not a lawyer). - I totally understand.

Dealers don't set MSRP, the manufacturer does. Each vehicle has a true MSRP that is on the government mandated sticker. There is no other MSRP. The "M" stands for Manufacturer. You don't need a 1% rule to see if you are getting a good deal. What you need is full disclosure of the pricing and lease terms, and multiple dealers competing for your business. - Got it. Maybe I'm seeing a different MSRP because dealers would usually include options to the sticker price. The buyer having no other choice to get the basic trim with no options. But if I get full disclosure how will I know if its a great deal? Being that no two dealership will offer the same exact car trim.

Most people use a broker, because they don't want to do the hard work of shopping for the best price. - But brokers also use the computation that I attached right?

Ask for the actual MSRP. That's an easy way to see if you are being offered the same vehicle (or, nearly the same). One Touring L Plus that has an MSRP of $42,000 is pretty comparable to any other Touring L Plus that has a similar MSRP, no matter how they might differ otherwise.

Yes, leases are calculated the same way.. It's just math

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So if I see any deviation from the calculation I would assume that the dealer is trying to get more money by making their own calculations? Like the one I was offered, the down payment was included in the fees when in fact it should be deducted from the gross cap to get the net cap.
    mark_urir said:

So if I see any deviation from the calculation I would assume that the dealer is trying to get more money by making their own calculations? Like the one I was offered, the down payment was included in the fees when in fact it should be deducted from the gross cap to get the net cap.

What you need are the actual calculations.. The broker probably doesn't have them, because he gets the car from a dealer. (but, he could get them).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay thank you very much for all your insights!
  • jimmyjakesjimmyjakes Member Posts: 46
    pacifica limited 24/12 residual and mf in 54311 wisconsin please

pacifica limited 24/12 residual and mf in 54311 wisconsin please

.00016 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• jbs12345jbs12345 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease a 2018 limited with pretty much every option. Got this offer:

Secured Deal with Chrysler Midwest

MSRP 51010
    Lease factor rate 0.00036
    36 month 12k miles
    Selling Price 47650
    Sales tax 1929
    Gross cap 49984
    2500 Combined rebate
    Adj Cap 47484

Residual 54% 27545
    Lease monthly payment $580

Drive off out of pocket $580

190 Dealer doc fee
    200 title and Reg

Legit deal?

jbs12345 said:

Looking to lease a 2018 limited with pretty much every option. Got this offer:

Secured Deal with Chrysler Midwest

MSRP 51010
    Lease factor rate 0.00036
    36 month 12k miles
    Selling Price 47650
    Sales tax 1929
    Gross cap 49984
    2500 Combined rebate
    Adj Cap 47484

Residual 54% 27545
    Lease monthly payment $580

Drive off out of pocket $580

190 Dealer doc fee
    200 title and Reg

Legit deal?

.00036 and 54% are correct.

I'm within $1 of that payment quote. Only way to improve it is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jbs12345jbs12345 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Michaell! Do you think they would go down any more? Per the sheet, they are negative $990 on this deal.
    jbs12345 said:

Thanks Michaell! Do you think they would go down any more? Per the sheet, they are negative $990 on this deal.

We don't track pricing, so couldn't tell you.

The profit/loss on the sheets are mostly fantasy numbers. Would they really give you a price where they lose $990?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• r8cerycr8ceryc Member Posts: 16
    Hello, can I please get the March residuals/MF for 36 month 12k/15k per year on the Touring L Plus in Southern California (zip code: 91765)? Thanks in advance!
  • moonhalimoonhali Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Can I please have MF and residual for a Touring plus in Colorado 36 months 10k miles.
  • norcalkevnorcalkev Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Can anyone help with the MF & residual for a 2018 Hybrid Limited for a 36 month/15k for Northern California?
  • enak2017enak2017 Member Posts: 27
    Hi looking for residual and MF for 2018 limited. Florida. 36 months 12k a year. 
    r8ceryc said:

Hello, can I please get the March residuals/MF for 36 month 12k/15k per year on the Touring L Plus in Southern California (zip code: 91765)? Thanks in advance!

.00020 and 50% / 48%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

moonhali said:

Hello. Can I please have MF and residual for a Touring plus in Colorado 36 months 10k miles.

.00122 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

norcalkev said:

Can anyone help with the MF & residual for a 2018 Hybrid Limited for a 36 month/15k for Northern California?

standard MF and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

enak2017 said:

Hi looking for residual and MF for 2018 limited. Florida. 36 months 12k a year. 

.00021 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shaytmgshaytmg Member Posts: 5
    Hi there, do you know the March money factor and residuals on 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L and Touring L Plus. Will be leasing in NJ. 

Looking at 10k/24 10k/36 10k/39. 

Also, any incentives this month?

thanks so much. 
    shaytmg said:

Hi there, do you know the March money factor and residuals on 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L and Touring L Plus. Will be leasing in NJ. 

Looking at 10k/24 10k/36 10k/39. 

Also, any incentives this month?

thanks so much. 

T-L
    .00092 and 59%
    .00039 and 51%
    .00039 and 48%

T-L+
    .00094 and 60%
    .00020 and 51%
    .00020 and 48%

No incentive information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shaytmgshaytmg Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2018
    Michaell said:

No incentive information

Thanks Michael. Appreciate it.

Does this mean that the March numbers haven’t come through yet or there are no incentives for March?
    shaytmg said:

Michaell said:

No incentive information

Thanks Michael. Appreciate it.

Does this mean that the March numbers haven’t come through yet or there are no incentives for March?

We don't have the incentive information for Chrysler Capital.

I've quoted you the March numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stetsonhatterstetsonhatter Member Posts: 16
    Hi, there. MF and Residual for T-L+ and Limited in Georgia for all three credit tiers please? Thanks!
  • buckeye1414buckeye1414 Member Posts: 1
    Curious if I am getting a good deal or not on a Chrysler Pacifica 2018 Limited. I am a rookie.

2018 Limited Trim
    MSRP 49680
    36 month 10k miles
    Selling Price 43090
    Residual 55% 27324
    Lease monthly payment $490
    Total out of pocket $500

Hi, there. MF and Residual for T-L+ and Limited in Georgia for all three credit tiers please? Thanks!

36/15
    T-L+ : .00020 MF and 48% residual
    LTD: .00021 MF and 52% residual

Add .00021 for Tier 2
    Or... .00060 for Tier 3

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Curious if I am getting a good deal or not on a Chrysler Pacifica 2018 Limited. I am a rookie.

2018 Limited Trim
    MSRP 49680
    36 month 10k miles
    Selling Price 43090
    Residual 55% 27324
    Lease monthly payment $490
    Total out of pocket $500

.00021 MF and 55% residual

I get $439/mo.+tax, if all the fees, etc are paid upfront.
    With just $500 due at signing, that looks like a really good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• exiledincaliexiledincali Member Posts: 3
    Hi, please can I have the money factor plus residual for NorCal 36/12 for the TL and Limited.
    Thanks!

Hi, please can I have the money factor plus residual for NorCal 36/12 for the TL and Limited.
    Thanks!

TL: .00039 MF and 50% residual
    LTD: .00021 MF and 54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Do you also have the rates for SoCal?
    Thanks!

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Thanks!
    The same

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Thanks!
    The same
    Thanks again.
  • torocattorocat Member Posts: 2
    Hey there,

I am looking to lease a Pacifica Hybrid Limited in NorCal.
    Can you give me the MF and residual on a 36/12k?
    Do you know if FCA (or any available lessor) will absorb the $7500 Federal tax credit on a lease like VW does?
    I am leasing a E-Golf and VW took the tax credit themselves (dealers can do it if lease is 36mo plus) which was a huge incentive. This way the upfront cap cost is significantly reduced rather than waiting a year to get the credit on your tax return which some people cannot even get because their tax liability is less than $7500.

Thanks!
  • dax8350dax8350 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Michael. Can you, please, post the MF and Residual for Touring L & Limited in Illinois for 36/12 & 36/15? Thank you!
    torocat said:

Hey there,

I am looking to lease a Pacifica Hybrid Limited in NorCal.
    Can you give me the MF and residual on a 36/12k?
    Do you know if FCA (or any available lessor) will absorb the $7500 Federal tax credit on a lease like VW does?
    I am leasing a E-Golf and VW took the tax credit themselves (dealers can do it if lease is 36mo plus) which was a huge incentive. This way the upfront cap cost is significantly reduced rather than waiting a year to get the credit on your tax return which some people cannot even get because their tax liability is less than $7500.

Thanks!

Standard MF and 59% residual (don't have the standard MF... last month it was .00213)

On a lease, the lessee never gets the tax credit.
    The owner (the bank) gets the tax credit. Many makes pass along this amount as a rebate, but the rebate doesn't always match the actual credit. On a lease, the credit to the owner is less than $7500 (even if VW gave you that amount as a rebate)

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though Chrysler Capital is passing along any of the tax credit, in the form of a rebate. The Pacifica Hybrids seem to be in demand, and they aren't adding any incentives. Very, very expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

dax8350 said:

Hi, Michael. Can you, please, post the MF and Residual for Touring L & Limited in Illinois for 36/12 & 36/15? Thank you!

36/15
    Touring L: .00039 MF and 48% residual
    Limited: .00021 MF and 52% residual

Add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stetsonhatterstetsonhatter Member Posts: 16
    kyfdx said:

torocat said:

On a lease, the lessee never gets the tax credit.
    The owner (the bank) gets the tax credit. Many makes pass along this amount as a rebate, but the rebate doesn't always match the actual credit. On a lease, the credit to the owner is less than $7500 (even if VW gave you that amount as a rebate)

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though Chrysler Capital is passing along any of the tax credit, in the form of a rebate. The Pacifica Hybrids seem to be in demand, and they aren't adding any incentives. Very, very expensive to lease.

I can confirm this. Leased a non-hybrid this past Saturday, but went in wanting to lease a hybrid. The dealership didn't seem to know what happens with the credit and told me that I would be able to get it myself, which I knew was not true. We were not about to take the dealer's word for it. Chrysler was not rebating any part of a credit in their lease and virtually no discounts or incentives. My payment would have been hundreds more to lease the hybrid. Definitely not worth it.

Tell you what though, I knew more about leasing, including the rates, than anyone in the dealership thanks to this forum. My wife was impressed!
  • torocattorocat Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answer. It's crazy that FCA won't pass any of the tax credit through to their customers. It won't be long before all of the hype dies down and they run out of buyers who can afford a $45,000 vehicle.
  • jonc527jonc527 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Michael. Can you, please, post the MF and Residual for Touring L in Connecticut (06478)  for 36/12 & 36/15? Thank you in advance