Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 BMW X3 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

Thank you. I can understand that. I just wasn't aware that the "best price" could change, depending on what my next step would be.

You have to be transparent about your intentions to lease with the dealer, so you know that you are getting the 'best, correct' price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• BnssBnss Member Posts: 56
    Now I know...thank you! You guys are very helpful.
    How are some getting up to 14% off MSRP for leasing? I'm not finding that unfortunately. Is there a certain ask or conversation to have to get that?
  • popy2000popy2000 Member Posts: 20
    College credit ( 1,000) and $1,500. Cannot be combined ? my sales-man try to punch it and it got an error > Any word >>>. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    popy2000 said:

College credit ( 1,000) and $1,500. Cannot be combined ? my sales-man try to punch it and it got an error > Any word >>>. Thanks

Is the $1500 for loyalty?
    That surprises me that it won't stack with Grad, but I can see the logic behind it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ceeanceean Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2018
    Hi got a quick quote from a dealer. How good is it?
    2019 X3 36/12k MSRP 57370 in 60076. Offer: Taxes upfront, 0 down, 725/mo, driveoff 3255 = 2209 taxes + 725 1st month + 145 plates + 176 doc fee

And for context, how good was this deal (attached) from them on 12/31/2015?
    2016 X3 36/12k RV 57%. MSRP 52645, Sale 49335. 676/mo driveoff 1990
    q.jpg 872.3K
    ceean said:

Hi got a quick quote from a dealer. How good is it?
    2019 X3 36/12k MSRP 57370 in 60076. Offer: Taxes upfront, 0 down, 725/mo, driveoff 3255 = 2209 taxes + 725 1st month + 145 plates + 176 doc fee

And for context, how good was this deal (attached) from them on 12/31/2015?
    2016 X3 36/12k RV 57%. MSRP 52645, Sale 49335. 676/mo driveoff 1990

What is the selling price and/or adjusted CAP on the new deal?

What was the MSRP on the old deal?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stealthmode29stealthmode29 Member Posts: 23
    Hello may I have the MF and Residual on a 2019 x3 xdrive30i for 36-10 in zip 11375
    edited November 2018
    kyfdx said:

This was a quote over the phone so I didn't get the full numbers rundown. Thought it could be reverse calculated. Should have it soon.
    Selling 54000, Net Cap 53494.95
    kyfdx said:

Thanks so much

Hello may I have the MF and Residual on a 2019 x3 xdrive30i for 36-10 in zip 11375

.00182 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ceean said:

kyfdx said:

This was a quote over the phone so I didn't get the full numbers rundown. Thought it could be reverse calculated. Should have it soon.
    Selling 54000, Net Cap 53494.95
    kyfdx said:

Thanks so much
    +$925 acquisition fee minus $1500 loyalty rebate?
    Payment looks about right. No markup to the money factor.
    But, we've seen bigger discounts on the 2019 reported in this discussion, if you want to scroll back.

Not that impressed with the previous deal. Looks like they might have marked up the money factor, before giving you the MSD reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just left a dealer and came back a little more confused. Can someone explain why a dealer would be insistent on not giving me base MF? They are willing to discount the sale price to roughly the equivalent of the base MF only. Bottom line, if this is my only concern, does a good deal come down to me being comfortable with the monthly payment this gives me? There are so many moving parts in a lease that I don't fell 100% confident in all the areas. Any feedback is much appreciated!
    kyfdx said:

+$925 acquisition fee minus $1500 loyalty rebate?
    Payment looks about right. No markup to the money factor.
    But, we've seen bigger discounts on the 2019 reported in this discussion, if you want to scroll back.

Not that impressed with the previous deal. Looks like they might have marked up the money factor, before giving you the MSD reduction.

Thats right.

Okay I will read on more.

Thats what I thought.

Thanks again!

Just left a dealer and came back a little more confused. Can someone explain why a dealer would be insistent on not giving me base MF? They are willing to discount the sale price to roughly the equivalent of the base MF only. Bottom line, if this is my only concern, does a good deal come down to me being comfortable with the monthly payment this gives me? There are so many moving parts in a lease that I don't fell 100% confident in all the areas. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Dealers are becoming more savvy on lease negotiations - you can either get a big discount in price but an inflated MF, or the base MF and a smaller discount.

You'll have to run the numbers both ways, to see which results in the better deal.

Politely tell them you won't sign a deal where the MF has been inflated; they know what the base rate is.

Have you shopped other dealers? Generally, a dealer won't negotiate themselves.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited November 2018
    They are discounting the MSRP by 7.14% with the inflated MF. So if the numbers come out ok then should it be fine to keep inflated MF? Looks like it's a $10/month difference if it is changed to the base. Just not sure why they are being insistent about keeping it inflated. I have shopped around and everyone is very comparable on prices, and others have offered base MF. This dealer also at one point offered base, but changes all numbers every time I have circled back.

Another thing-she refused to give me the lease worksheet she worked up last night because "people are just taking them to other dealerships and getting better deals" but she has sent two before.

They are discounting the MSRP by 7.14% with the inflated MF. So if the numbers come out ok then should it be fine to keep inflated MF? Looks like it's a $10/month difference if it is changed to the base. Just not sure why they are being insistent about keeping it inflated. I have shopped around and everyone is very comparable on prices, and others have offered base MF. This dealer also at one point offered base, but changes all numbers every time I have circled back.

Another thing-she refused to give me the lease worksheet she worked up last night because "people are just taking them to other dealerships and getting better deals" but she has sent two before.

1) How much is the markup?
    2) Another thing? Tell her that is unacceptable. When the info stops, you go somewhere else.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2018
    She has it marked up to the max, and the reason being they "can't let people borrow money for free." Although base MF is quite high as an interest rate equivalent, and I let her know that.

Good point! I found that to be strange, but that was my point in the conversation where I got up and left.

It seems that it can be common for people to get a heavy discount and base MF, so I'm wondering if I should keep shopping around or just accept the deal. I'm just not seeing a heavy discount (at least 7% off) plus base MF in my area very much.

She has it marked up to the max, and the reason being they "can't let people borrow money for free." Although base MF is quite high as an interest rate equivalent, and I let her know that.

Good point! I found that to be strange, but that was my point in the conversation where I got up and left.

It seems that it can be common for people to get a heavy discount and base MF, so I'm wondering if I should keep shopping around or just accept the deal. I'm just not seeing a heavy discount (at least 7% off) plus base MF in my area very much.

I wouldn't say it's common. It's possible, but it takes persistence. You definitely need to shop more than one dealer.

"can't let people borrow money for free."
    Kids say the cutest things...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am shopping a few, but this deal and vehicle seemed to be the best match. I have tried to negotiate the best rates via email with them before going in last night, but I was asked to come in and talk to finance to get the true best deal. I know it's normal practice to negotiate vehicle deals, but for some reason I find it awkward to ask for money, essentially. Ha! Maybe there's a sentence or two I can find on google that tells what to say because everything I've done so far hasn't worked.

And yes, it took a lot in me to bite my tongue at that statement...

I am shopping a few, but this deal and vehicle seemed to be the best match. I have tried to negotiate the best rates via email with them before going in last night, but I was asked to come in and talk to finance to get the true best deal. I know it's normal practice to negotiate vehicle deals, but for some reason I find it awkward to ask for money, essentially. Ha! Maybe there's a sentence or two I can find on google that tells what to say because everything I've done so far hasn't worked.

And yes, it took a lot in me to bite my tongue at that statement...

Get exactly what you want down on paper:

MSRP
    Selling price (use their price if you are happy with it)
    money factor (.00182 MF)
    Term/mileage (36/12?)

Itemized amount due at signing. (use their offer as a template)

Calculated payment.

Write it down, give it to them..... "I have my checkbook ready to sign, right now.. but, that's the exact deal I want. Don't add even a penny to it, and we have a deal."

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That's perfect, thank you so much!
    One last question: How low can I expect for them to go off of MSRP when I bring in this paper for the exact deal I want? I don't know the threshold of how low they'll go in my "requirement" of what I will pay.

Is it a good idea or not to tell them to get my lease payments to x amount/month instead?

One last question: How low can I expect for them to go off of MSRP when I bring in this paper for the exact deal I want? I don't know the threshold of how low they'll go in my "requirement" of what I will pay.

Is it a good idea or not to tell them to get my lease payments to x amount/month instead?

If you negotiate the payment, it gives the dealer the opportunity to pad it with junk fees. If you negotiate the selling price, and understand all the moving parts going into the deal, you'll know what the payment should be.

And, if it doesn't match the dealer quote, you can figure out why.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2018
    Makes sense, thank you. Not sure if each state has different fees (I'm in Texas) that we are more or less required to pay but there is the following on the deal: $150 doc fee, $925 acquisition fee, $118.25 license fee, $19.75 cap fees, and upfront charges of $333.25 (said it was another type of doc fee which I found bogus). Seem normal to pay?

Makes sense, thank you. Not sure if each state has different fees (I'm in Texas) that we are more or less required to pay but there is the following on the deal: $150 doc fee, $925 acquisition fee, $118.25 license fee, $19.75 cap fees, and upfront charges of $333.25 (said it was another type of doc fee which I found bogus). Seem normal to pay?

Most dealers in TX charge an inventory tax, even though it's technically their tax, not yours.
    It's under $200, though.

Are you sure the upfront charges don't include the items you listed? (other than the acquisition fee).
    $300-$400 total dealer/DMV fees looks about right for TX.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2018
    On the lease worksheet under Capitalization column (far left) is where those fees are listed, but under the Payment column (far right) is where the $333.25 "Upfront Charges" are listed. Not sure?? The mileage isn't correct on the attached worksheet, as this is one of the first ones I was sent, and they won't send an up to date one, as I mentioned earlier.

Is it too bold to ask for $44k before incentives for a 50,795 MSRP? They have offered a $1,000 incentive regardless. I have not found offers this low in my area.

On the lease worksheet under Capitalization column (far left) is where those fees are listed, but under the Payment column (far right) is where the $333.25 "Upfront Charges" are listed. Not sure?? The mileage isn't correct on the attached worksheet, as this is one of the first ones I was sent, and they won't send an up to date one, as I mentioned earlier.

Is it too bold to ask for $44k before incentives for a 50,795 MSRP? They have offered a $1,000 incentive regardless. I have not found offers this low in my area.

Looks to me that the two items with check marks are part of the upfront charges in the right hand column.

The base rate saves you $30/mo.
    As does every $1000 lower in sale price.

I can't tell you what an individual dealer might do.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2018
    Those two checked numbers total $268.75, so I'm not sure. When I asked about the $333 'Upfront Charges' she fumbled on words about it being another type of doc. fee. in which I said well there's a $925 doc. fee already applied.

Thank you for this info.

I'll try and be bold and not fumble on my own words when asking for that sale price.

UPDATE: This evening they changed the selling price (raised it another ~1%) and MF (to .00202) on me for the 4th or 5th time since first speaking to them. I feel like my experience isn't like many others, and I'm not sure why. But I'm worn out. They also told me that someone wondering about my deal brought into them a screenshot of my lease worksheet I uploaded here a week or two ago. I'm at a loss on what to do at this point but find a new vehicle altogether maybe.
    Bnss said:

Those two checked numbers total $268.75, so I'm not sure. When I asked about the $333 'Upfront Charges' she fumbled on words about it being another type of doc. fee. in which I said well there's a $925 doc. fee already applied.

Thank you for this info.

I'll try and be bold and not fumble on my own words when asking for that sale price.

UPDATE: This evening they changed the selling price (raised it another ~1%) and MF (to .00202) on me for the 4th or 5th time since first speaking to them. I feel like my experience isn't like many others, and I'm not sure why. But I'm worn out. They also told me that someone wondering about my deal brought into them a screenshot of my lease worksheet I uploaded here a week or two ago. I'm at a loss on what to do at this point but find a new vehicle altogether maybe.

Getting a new car should not be this much work. I would recommend stepping away from the process for a few days or a week, gather your thoughts, and decide if you want to continue working with this dealer. I'm guessing they have a car in stock that you really want, to put up with the hassle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I agree with you. I'm not sure if they just targeted me to try and take advantage of, but it's a little unbelievable how many times they've changed the numbers around in just the two weeks I've communicated with them.

Yes, they do, but I am looking around again as there are a few options for dealers in my area. Thanks so much for all of your help and advice.
    Bnss said:

I agree with you. I'm not sure if they just targeted me to try and take advantage of, but it's a little unbelievable how many times they've changed the numbers around in just the two weeks I've communicated with them.

Yes, they do, but I am looking around again as there are a few options for dealers in my area. Thanks so much for all of your help and advice.

I'd guess it has nothing to do with you, and all about the dealership trying to pad their profit margin.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hayjosshayjoss Member Posts: 5
    Looking for numbers on 2019 X3 M40i, factory build but leased in 44118
    hayjoss said:

Looking for numbers on 2019 X3 M40i, factory build but leased in 44118

36/15
    .00182 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello may I get your opinion on this deal for a 2019 x3 xdrive3.0i :
    sorry, @kyfdx its for 36/10 in zip code 11375....anything else?

sorry, @kyfdx its for 36/10 in zip code 11375....anything else?

The calculations are good.
    No markup to the money factor.

If you are happy with the selling price, then there is nothing else to worry about.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx thanks, roughly 14% off msrp seems good to me. Appreciate your time once again this lease.
  • FricfracfrankFricfracfrank Member Posts: 49
    Does having the taxes wrapped into the payment increase the interest amount payed?

Does having the taxes wrapped into the payment increase the interest amount payed?

Yes, but the alternative is to pay them up front, then have the vehicle stolen or totaled and not get a refund on the pre-paid taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I think that I have the most odd occurrences throughout this new car leasing process...which leads me to: Is it normal practice for a salesman to not provide a stock # to a car at a sister dealership, where the car is also not listed? Basically, I have only received cell phone pictures of the car and have never seen a viable listing online, nor know the stock/vin # to search for it.
    Bnss said:

I think that I have the most odd occurrences throughout this new car leasing process...which leads me to: Is it normal practice for a salesman to not provide a stock # to a car at a sister dealership, where the car is also not listed? Basically, I have only received cell phone pictures of the car and have never seen a viable listing online, nor know the stock/vin # to search for it.

It's possible that the car is in transit, or they've found it at another dealership, and have to trade for it. Who knows? Ask the salesperson directly for the information you want. If they aren't forthcoming, that might not be a person you want to do business with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

They've told me roundabout what you say, too, and I'm waiting on a last request for stock/vin. Just wanted to check and to see if I'm suspicious for no reason. Thank you!
    Hi guys. This is my latest offer/comparison, and hopefully my last for this vehicle. I was able to have the selling price at $45k, from $46,795. This is for a 36/12 and MF of .00182. This dealer sends these types of sheets instead of full numbers listed out, so I don't know what entails the amounts arriving at each different monthly payment. Do these make sense? Seems the cash down amounts and what they are yielding are off, when comparing the two deals. I'm told I won't have itemized due at signing until it goes to finance. Either way, I appreciate any feedback if the $45k deal and numbers seem like a good deal!
    Bnss said:

Hi guys. This is my latest offer/comparison, and hopefully my last for this vehicle. I was able to have the selling price at $45k, from $46,795. This is for a 36/12 and MF of .00182. This dealer sends these types of sheets instead of full numbers listed out, so I don't know what entails the amounts arriving at each different monthly payment. Do these make sense? Seems the cash down amounts and what they are yielding are off, when comparing the two deals. I'm told I won't have itemized due at signing until it goes to finance. Either way, I appreciate any feedback if the $45k deal and numbers seem like a good deal!

The quote is missing the $925 acquisition fee

If I add that to the total, I'm within $2/mo. of the quote with just first payment due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2018
    Ok, they sent over the full listing of numbers, and, call me crazy, but is the selling price now changed to $46k suddenly? LOL. I quit. Also, I thought excessive mileage is .20/mile, not .25?
    Bnss said:

Ok, they sent over the full listing of numbers, and, call me crazy, but is the selling price now changed to $46k suddenly? LOL. I quit. Also, I thought excessive mileage is .20/mile, not .25?

$46K minus the $1000 rebate. Exactly what you had before.

I'm pretty sure it's been $0.25 for a few years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ah, ok, so then Total Cap Cost makes sense?

I must have been looking at something else to do with mileage where it shows .20. Thanks!!
    Bnss said:

Ah, ok, so then Total Cap Cost makes sense?

I must have been looking at something else to do with mileage where it shows .20. Thanks!!

Yes.. pretty much the exact deal you linked before

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Great, thank you.
    Is there certain terminology I should use when talking about lease price/selling price/out the door price, etc.? Do these all mean the same?

For example, using the lease calculator on edmunds.com I calculated total monthly payments by using a selling price of $45k, plus acquisition and document fee (are there additional fees we should pay?), to get gross cap. cost. Then I took away any incentives and rebates from this total, to get net cap. cost. So when I tell a dealer I want a selling price of $45k do you think they interpret that as selling price plus fees & TTL, including incentives, or before incentives? I want to be sure I'm saying it right and calculating right.