Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    henryn said:

I would definitely agree with the majority on this one, the fewer visits to the service department, the better I like it.

I have been pretty lucky in recent years, but my latest purchase is breaking my string of good luck. My new F150 has a recall for the seat belt tensioner, and the built in NAV is living in some alternate universe. I would take it in for that second problem, as the built in NAV is handy, but I'm afraid the odds of them actually fixing the problem are somewhere between zero and nil, and then I would just mad and frustrated. Probably best to leave it alone and use Google Maps.

I tend to have the same attitude but then I think....what if they spot that when I trade it in? For that reason I prefer to take the time and at least get it noted....they didn't fix it under warranty - maybe take it up with head office or go to another dealer..

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Hey stick....I got an email message today:
    Tried to copy but it wouldn't.....$50 for trying out a new Hyundai.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,466
    tjc78 said:

True statement @snakeweasel!

I am hoping for zero visits other than oil changes on both of mine.

The Hyundai has owned up,  the 2017 Enclave has warped rotors at 14k miles.   I’m at 30% on the OLM so I’m thinking in Feb it will get a service and the rotors cut.  Not quite half way through the lease but hopefully close enough they don’t warp again.  The 2015 Enclave’s rotors warped as well but it wasn’t bad until 20k. 

OK I'll bite; what does OLM mean and why wouldn't warped rotors be covered by warranty for a 2 year old car?

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    I think Ford dealers mostly have competent mechanics, who can actually fix your brakes or adjust a door hinge, or diagnose a misfire condition. But intermittent electrical problems? No way. The factory pays a very small amount to diagnose such a problem, the mechanic spends 10 minutes, and writes on the sheet “Unable to duplicate” as noted by @roadburner.

And this is not a “Ford” problem. I’ve had the same kind of experiences with Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Nissan. Cadillac was a little better, but not perfect. (Ask @graphicguy about that.)

No experience with BMW or Mercedes or Infiniti or Lexus, so can’t comment.

But you paid for the NAV system (probably a premium price too). Why would you not demand they make it function correctly.

Actually, no, it was a $795 option on the window sticker, but came with a $500 rebate, also shown directly on the window sticker. Apparently some kind of promotion, but because of that, pretty much all of the XLT trim level F150's came with NAV. Not something I would have looked for, but for $295, okay, why not?

The problem here is that I'm working contract these days. I am paid $X per hour for every hour that I am in the office. Not in the office, no pay. No holidays, no vacation, no sick leave. I'm at work, I get paid (and pretty well). Not at work, no pay.

So taking a half day off to go to the dealer costs me quite a chunk of money. And then, if they go with "unable to duplicate", my blood pressure is going to go off the charts!

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

The Hyundai has owned up,  the 2017 Enclave has warped rotors at 14k miles.   I’m at 30% on the OLM so I’m thinking in Feb it will get a service and the rotors cut.  Not quite half way through the lease but hopefully close enough they don’t warp again.  The 2015 Enclave’s rotors warped as well but it wasn’t bad until 20k. 

OK I'll bite; what does OLM mean and why wouldn't warped rotors be covered by warranty for a 2 year old car?

jmonroe
    OLM—oil longevity monitor? They might not warranty a wear item like brakes or rotors but yeah, I’d bring it back and complain. I‘ve had terrible trouble with rotors on my PT. Something about my mechanic’s supplier sourcing them from China. He’s replaced them a few times under the supplier’s warranty.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    If its computer/electrical and they cannot duplicate, they should insert a reader (or whatever they call it) and then have you bring it back with its history recorded. Just writing cannot duplicate is a customer blow off. I mostly had this issue with GM dealers in the past.

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe
    OLM—oil longevity monitor? They might not warranty a wear item like brakes or rotors but yeah, I’d bring it back and complain. I‘ve had terrible trouble with rotors on my PT. Something about my mechanic’s supplier sourcing them from China. He’s replaced them a few times under the supplier’s warranty.
    Thanks for the OLM explanation. Neither of my cars have that gizmo. As for rotors being made in China, I doubt any auto parts stores today have rotors made elsewhere. OEM's may even be made there but to better specs.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Yes, Oil life monitor. I never said that the warped rotors wouldn’t be covered. It was covered on the 2015. Service writer said he had seen it before.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

tjc78 said:

Yes, Oil life monitor. I never said that the warped rotors wouldn’t be covered. It was covered on the 2015. Service writer said he had seen it before.

OK, so why haven't you taken it in for the rotors to be turned or replaced? Driving around with warped rotors does not give you the braking the car was designed to provide. If nothing else, think of your kids.

jmonroe
  • jwm40517 said:

I saw today that Tesla was the first manufacturer to reach 200,000 sales of electrics and the $7500 tax credit will be phased out in 2019. $7500 until 12-31-18, $3750 for Jan-June 2019, $1875 for July- Dec 2019 and zero starting in 2020.

Tesla and GM have both hit the quota, and GM's phaseout will be one calendar quarter after Tesla's (they just hit 200K). The White House economic advisor has stated that clean energy subsidies will be ended sooner than authorized, but the coal and oil subsidies will remain.
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    henryn said:

I would definitely agree with the majority on this one, the fewer visits to the service department, the better I like it.

I have been pretty lucky in recent years, but my latest purchase is breaking my string of good luck. My new F150 has a recall for the seat belt tensioner, and the built in NAV is living in some alternate universe. I would take it in for that second problem, as the built in NAV is handy, but I'm afraid the odds of them actually fixing the problem are somewhere between zero and nil, and then I would just mad and frustrated. Probably best to leave it alone and use Google Maps.

When I had my Fusion I remember there being a TSB about the navigation. There was a fix.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    Just got a scam email offering to pay me $400 to be a mystery shopper at Target. Sounded like a scam and it was. https://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2018/09/target_mystery_shopper_email_o.html
    Mystery shopping won't make you rich but it might make you able to buy that used Yugo you have your eye on. Speaking of scam emails I got an email at work last week from another employee using a private email account. Though this is unusual it is not unheard of as some don't have work emails or might be doing things from home and cannot access their work accounts This email told me she had closed her bank account and needed to change her direct deposit information asap. So I called her to confirm that it was her that sent the email and it was not.
    I’m assuming you’re the guy writing the checks? BTW, my paycheck is late, could you please send me a replacement to my Swiss account? ;)
    never assume as you....well you know  :)

Yes I do part of the payroll and one of my duties is maintaining the direct deposit. So either they were lucky in getting me or the sender knows my duties. We need an original signature on a form to actually make any changes.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

I think that's pretty much the case for virtually all the Ford dealers I have dealt with. The only thing the techs seem to be able to write on diagnostic work orders is, "Unable to Duplicate." I'd be furious if an option I paid for was malfunctioning and the dealer was unable to fix it. When I was looking at Mustang GTs back in 2015 the thought of having to take it to one of my local Ford dealers gave me more than a little pause.

That's the main reason I no longer have my Fusion. There are two Ford dealers near me. Both are absolutely awful.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    berri said:
    If its computer/electrical and they cannot duplicate, they should insert a reader (or whatever they call it) and then have you bring it back with its history recorded. Just writing cannot duplicate is a customer blow off. I mostly had this issue with GM dealers in the past.
    many years (decades?) ago I had a Chevy that would stall and die at random times for no reason at all so I took it in to have them look at it. They told me they couldn't duplicate it but they also said they knew it was happening because it did it to them as they were driving ii into the service stall.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

berri said:

many years (decades?) ago I had a Chevy that would stall and die at random times for no reason at all so I took it in to have them look at it. They told me they couldn't duplicate it but they also said they knew it was happening because it did it to them as they were driving ii into the service stall.

Yikes!

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    edited December 2018
    Independent shops are your friends. There are lots of them out there and many reviews. Even though the reviews can be falsified, the overall trend still comes through. I found a Honda independent that has done really helpful things for my TSX and my daughter's Honda over the last couple of months. Both of our vehicles have well over 100K miles, so that takes us out of the pool that most on here swim in, but getting away from the dealers solves several problems.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

berri said:

Did the have a placard over their service bays that said, "We Have Found the Problem and It Is US".

jmonroe
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    2 and a half years with the E250, hasn't needed a shop visit other than yearly maintenance. I think this is the ideal powertrain for the car.
    henryn said:

I think Ford dealers mostly have competent mechanics, who can actually fix your brakes or adjust a door hinge, or diagnose a misfire condition. But intermittent electrical problems? No way. The factory pays a very small amount to diagnose such a problem, the mechanic spends 10 minutes, and writes on the sheet “Unable to duplicate” as noted by @roadburner.

And this is not a “Ford” problem. I’ve had the same kind of experiences with Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Nissan. Cadillac was a little better, but not perfect. (Ask @graphicguy about that.)

But you paid for the NAV system (probably a premium price too). Why would you not demand they make it function correctly.

Actually, no, it was a $795 option on the window sticker, but came with a $500 rebate, also shown directly on the window sticker. Apparently some kind of promotion, but because of that, pretty much all of the XLT trim level F150's came with NAV. Not something I would have looked for, but for $295, okay, why not?

The problem here is that I'm working contract these days. I am paid $X per hour for every hour that I am in the office. Not in the office, no pay. No holidays, no vacation, no sick leave. I'm at work, I get paid (and pretty well). Not at work, no pay.

So taking a half day off to go to the dealer costs me quite a chunk of money. And then, if they go with "unable to duplicate", my blood pressure is going to go off the charts!

No family or buddies who can take it in for you?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Independent shops are your friends. There are lots of them out there and many reviews. Even though the reviews can be falsified, the overall trend still comes through. I found a Honda independent that has done really helpful things for my TSX and my daughter's Honda over the last couple of months. Both of our vehicles have well over 100K miles, so that takes us out of the pool that most on here swim in, but getting away from the dealers solves several problems.

My indie shop has no website and could care less if someone dings him on Yelp. He’s gradually becoming obsolete though as he can’t afford to buy the latest electronic equipment to work on these rolling computers.

edited December 2018
    Just experienced the latest in dealer pricing tricks (I think). Saw a car on their web site at an attractive price for an “internet special” price. I looked a little closer and found the dreaded *. Buried in the fine print there was a mention of loyalty and military discounts included in the special price. If you weren’t ex military AND driving a specific car the price was $1000 more.

I hate when they pull this stuff. I emailed them to clarify but I’m sure I’ll just get a “come on down” response. This nonsense must work because they keep doing it.

Update: yep, I was right. The actual price is $1000 more than advertised but the salesman said “it’s still a terrific buy”. I really don’t think he’ll ever get why he lost my business.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

OK, so why haven't you taken it in for the rotors to be turned or replaced? Driving around with warped rotors does not give you the braking the car was designed to provide. If nothing else, think of your kids.

jmonroe
    We aren’t talking about a major warp here. Barely perceptible when braking from say 75 down to about 55. My wife doesn’t even notice it.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    venture said:

I think that's pretty much the case for virtually all the Ford dealers I have dealt with. The only thing the techs seem to be able to write on diagnostic work orders is, "Unable to Duplicate." I'd be furious if an option I paid for was malfunctioning and the dealer was unable to fix it. When I was looking at Mustang GTs back in 2015 the thought of having to take it to one of my local Ford dealers gave me more than a little pause.

That's the main reason I no longer have my Fusion. There are two Ford dealers near me. Both are absolutely awful.
    I've also dealt with Ford parts departments for decades and I swear that the first things that they teach the parts employees to say are: "We ain't got it", "There's no such part.", or It's no longer available".

I once called a dealer to ask about a part. They "didn't have it." I called another and their online inventory showed that the first dealer I called had it. And it turned out that they did- they just didn't know it.

Several years ago I was completely exasperated with their rank incompetence. I used a proprietary Ford synthetic transmission oil in my Mazdaspeed and I was changing it later in the week. I went to the web site of my closest Ford dealer; their parts department page was configured so that you can send a message to the parts desk. I asked if they had the fluid in stock and gave them the part number. I received a personalized e-mail response within two hours, advising me that they had several quarts in stock. So...
    After I drop my son off at soccer practice I drive over to the dealer. I tell the parts guy what I want, he types it into the inventory computer and tells me "We don't got it." I explain that I received an e-mail stating it was in stock and he says "That's the problem; those email guys are never right- you shoulda called instead."

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

tjc78 said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe
    We aren’t talking about a major warp here. Barely perceptible when braking from say 75 down to about 55. My wife doesn’t even notice it.
    OK, that's your choice. As for 75 MPH, the last time I got the Genny up to 75 MPH, was when I was on the PA Turnpike (speed limit 70 MPH) last week. The only way I could get my car up to 75 MPH on the local Interstates around here would be if I was out past my bed time. Lately I've been thinking of taking an afternoon nap so I don't forget how to blow the carbon out. :'(

jmonroe
    henryn said:

When I was working at BMW I had a client with a Wi-Fi hotspot that I could not activate. I made sure that the Service Advisor knew exactly what the problem was as well as what steps I had already taken to correct the problem. The SA in turn evaluated the diagnostics and escalated the issue up the chain of command and received authorization to replace the telematics module. The car was out of service for 5 days, but the client had full use of a BMW loaner for the entire time.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe
    Rotors actually don't warp very often. When you feel that wobble in the brake pedal, that is more than likely the fault of the brake pads shedding material onto the discs.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    edited December 2018
    Just experienced the latest in dealer pricing tricks (I think). Saw a car on their web site at an attractive price for an “internet special” price. I looked a little closer and found the dreaded *. Buried in the fine print there was a mention of loyalty and military discounts included in the special price. If you weren’t ex military AND driving a specific car the price was $1000 more. I hate when they pull this stuff. I emailed them to clarify but I’m sure I’ll just get a “come on down” response. This nonsense must work because they keep doing it.
    I see that on almost all GM/Ford/chrysler/dodge/jeep websites I have ever visited

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe
    Rotors actually don't warp very often. When you feel that wobble in the brake pedal, that is more than likely the fault of the brake pads shedding material onto the discs.
    If that's the case, that Buick has defective pads. I've never had pads give me that problem. Anytime I've had a pulsing brake pedal every time I applied the brakes it was a warped rotor. However, I wouldn't put it past GM to build cars with defective pads. OK @imidazol97, time to hear from you. :p

jmonroe

But, does he serve donuts, lattes, and plastic fruit cups?

edited December 2018

berri said:

many years (decades?) ago I had a Chevy that would stall and die at random times for no reason at all so I took it in to have them look at it. They told me they couldn't duplicate it but they also said they knew it was happening because it did it to them as they were driving ii into the service stall
    l.

Did the engine fail cause the brakes to fail as they drove it through the brick wall in the service garage.....and then tell you we can't duplicate the problem - now that your car has been destroyed, but we know the engine dies out.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Has anyone here had a robot vacuum for their home (maybe they make them for your car too, who knows, LOL)?

My wife has her heart set on one. Needs to do thin carpet and vinyl both.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    jmonroe1 said:

If that's the case, that Buick has defective pads. I've never had pads give me that problem. Anytime I've had a pulsing brake pedal every time I applied the brakes it was a warped rotor. However, I wouldn't put it past GM to build cars with defective pads. OK @imidazol97, time to hear from you. :p

jmonroe

I thought that was a Ford thing, like the first-generation Edge that ate a set of pads every 6000 miles.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    Has anyone here had a robot vacuum for their home (maybe they make them for your car too, who knows, LOL)? My wife has her heart set on one. Needs to do thin carpet and vinyl both.
    If I had a robotic vacuum cleaner in my condo, I would watch the darn thing moving throughout my rooms for fear it would go awry and bump into all the furniture and the walls.  

I just can’t bring myself to trust something I have no direct control over.  But watching the robotic vacuum would be a relief from the lack of good TV programming this time of year.

2021 Genesis G90

Has anyone here had a robot vacuum for their home (maybe they make them for your car too, who knows, LOL)?

I hear they work pretty good but are expensive and you still have to empty them. I understand pets either love them or hate them.

https://youtu.be/mk4XB2wZqF4

edited December 2018
    abacomike said:

If I had a robotic vacuum cleaner in my condo, I would watch the darn thing moving throughout my rooms for fear it would go awry and bumfullp into all the furniture and the walls.  

I just can’t bring myself to trust something I have no direct control over.  But watching the robotic vacuum would be a relief from the lack of good TV programming this time of year.

Our son had full cable TV in his apartment when he was alone and he said he rarely watched the cable. It was provided as part of the rent along with the needed high speed internet, so that students moving in didn't have to go through the setup of accounts with WOW or Timeless Warner. Great idea. The TV was behind him in a large living room with his long table of computer equipment facing the windows. When he got a job, he just got internet in his apartment from Timeless Warner.

But the younger generation watches different shows over the internet.

Junk like the Face the Truth that's on here midafternoon with nothing on other over-the-air channels for my wife to watch without going to the set connected to cable tv, is among the worst airhead stuff since Oprah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_mkExP2wc

Funny you should ask. I just got one of those for Mrs. j. It's a Debot Ecovacs Model DN 622 that I got at Macy's online a couple weeks ago. It cost $160 all in. Son #1 called to let us know that he saw an ad for it somewhere. The only reason he called was because they have a very similar model that we borrowed about a week before he let us know about the Macy's deal and since Mrs. j liked it we thought we'd get one. It works pretty good and since she wasn't going to use it all the time, just on her "I feel lazy days", I thought it was well worth the price. Now for the good part, when she looked in the dirt catcher bin the first time she used it and she saw all the dirt it picked up, she said, "gee, I might just rely on this thing all the time if it's this good". I almost got another trip around the dining room table when I said, " if you pushed your old sweeper around more often, that dirt bin would have been almost empty". A guy can't even joke with her about her sweeping anymore. :'(

jmonroe
    edited December 2018

I hear they work pretty good but are expensive and you still have to empty them. I understand pets either love them or hate them.

https://youtu.be/mk4XB2wZqF4
    That is cute. We're going to puppy sit Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, but I dont' think the robot will be here in time for the terrier to ride! She'll probably think it's a rodent, and attack it like a rat or squirrel!

I watched demos of various pop brands on HSN/QVC and they don't pick up as well as the hosts/sales talkers fawning over there imply. But Mom wants one, and we're getting one. Full report in a month.

@jomroe @jmonroe1

I won't take the bait about GM since you know that all cars have some problems. Check the JDP and other evaluations where the difference is in the number of problems and that differential between top rated and median is a small difference in problems.

As to the brake problem mentioned by @Mrshiftright and @jmonroe, the very hot pad resin after a hard stop when the brakes are held tight against the hot metal can transfer leaving a crust of resin. This occurs when the car is held in place with the really hot rotor and really hot brake pad held tightly in place. I always creep forward if I've just made a hard stop to move the pad around the surface of the rotor.

This difference in the surface of the rotor in a resin spot can be felt when braking. Actually curing in performance brake pads involves heating up the rotors and the pad surfaces in a controlled manner causing an even transfer of the resin to the metal to give quality braking results when installing replacement pads and rotors. I did that with the ceramic pads and new Raybestos and new AC Delco rotors on my leSabre. You drive a certain pattern of speeds with moderate braking forces on the new rough rotors but never come to a complete stop and keep moving a 1/2 mile or more between applications to cool the rotors and the pads before the next hot friction stop. You end up with a smooth surface of resin on the rotor and resin in the pad that are actually braking the car by the friction between them.

Look up seating in performance brake pads.

I had huge "hot spots" left on my Club Sport's front rotors after a track event. I was giving rides to students and pulled into the hot pits to pick up another student. The white flag flew and I wasn't able to take a cool down lap. I drove around the pits as fast as I dared but to no avail. The deposits were so bad I had to take it to a friend's shop and use his brake lathe to clean them off,

edited December 2018

abacomike said:

Junk like the Face the Truth that's on here midafternoon with nothing on other over-the-air channels for my wife to watch without going to the set connected to cable tv, is among the worst airhead stuff since Oprah.

WOW, I watched 3 minutes and I think my brain turned to JELLO.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144
    fintail said:

2 and a half years with the E250, hasn't needed a shop visit other than yearly maintenance. I think this is the ideal powertrain for the car.

Same with my Jetta lease - an annual service visit is all it's needed

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

All you folks with the robotic vacuums - you do know that the information they track about your house (walls, furniture, etc) is transmitted back to the home office.

Same with your $499 smart TVs

It's called the Internet of Things - sensors in everything are sending that data somewhere.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

All you folks with the robotic vacuums - you do know that the information they track about your house (walls, furniture, etc) is transmitted back to the home office.

It's called the Internet of Things - sensors in everything are sending that data somewhere.

I'm not worried because I changed the house numbers on our mailbox. B)

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

Michaell said:

I'm not worried because I changed the house numbers on our mailbox. B)

jmonroe
    Well, heck, you're ok!

So long as you don't have Purolator try to deliver a package.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    Michaell said:

So the Roomba tells the home office that it sucks up a lot of Doritos crumbs from your house, so they sell that info to Frito-Lay?

Good luck to them.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Remember those aggravating Chryslers with the voice telling you to close the door or put the key in the ignition.
    Seems Ford has a better idea they are using for the Lincoln Aviator.....the Detroit Orchestra is making warning sounds.
    https://youtu.be/wwuaxiZZfKU

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,163
    edited December 2018
    Michaell said:

IOT is a real thing, but the data must bring some useful info. Walls in my house is not. Roomba is just a limited self-learning chip and the sensors are just to create a map for it to run. Besides, mine is older snd dies not have any wifi capability. Nah, nothing to be scared of. Don’t scare people for no reason.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

WOW, I watched 3 minutes and I think my brain turned to JELLO.
    WOW is right. I watched that in 30 second segments and I still hurt my brain. :(

jmonroe