Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Subaru WRX Lease Questions

moodyhankmoodyhank Boulder, COPosts: 217
edited May 2014 in Subaru

Hi all,

I figured since it is no longer an Impreza, the new WRX deserves its own discussion.

Does anyone have the 36 months 12k/year lease numbers for the base/premium/limited 2015 WRX?

«13456789

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    @moodyhank said:
    Hi all,

    I figured since it is no longer an Impreza, the new WRX deserves its own discussion.

    Does anyone have the 36 months 12k/year lease numbers for the base/premium/limited 2015 WRX?

    Stick-shift?

    .00200 MF and 66% residual for base

    .00188 MF and 63% residual for premium

    .00170 MF and 62% residual for limited

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • moodyhankmoodyhank Boulder, COPosts: 217

    @[email protected] said:
    .00170 MF and 62% residual for limited

    Yes, stick shift. Thanks for the info!

  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,104

    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer/lessee who wanted multiple airbags in his/her new or used car, including knee, hip and side curtain airbags. If you recently purchased a car, and the availability of multiple airbags was an important feature to you, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET on Friday, May 9, 2014.

    MODERATOR

    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • What do the residuals and MF look like for the CVT? See a lot of them sitting around locally. 91784.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    @aigochamaloh said:
    What do the residuals and MF look like for the CVT? See a lot of them sitting around locally. 91784.

    Sorry, but I refuse to look up numbers for a slushbox WRX!! (just kidding.. :) )

    .00185 MF and 62% residual for Premium CVT

    .00165 MF and 61% residual for Limited CVT

    36mo, 15K/yr

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • @[email protected] said:
    36mo, 15K/yr

    Lol. Thank you very much.

    I'm only allowed one stick shift fun car, and just sold my V6 swapped MR2. My Legacy is now the fun car, so might as well have another fun-ish car to DD!

  • ccasey1ccasey1 Posts: 19
    edited May 2014

    Hi,

    This may be a bit excessive, and if so I apologize in advance, but I figure it might be helpful to others who are considering the same cars. (If excessive please just provide WRX info!)

    Can you please provide MF and residual for 2 yr / 10k annual lease for the following vehicles?

    • 2015 WRX base manual transmission
    • 2015 VW GTI base manual transmission
    • 2014 Ford Focus ST (in my case w ST2 pkg)

    Thanks very much!

    -Chris

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    .00340 MF and 77% residual for the 2015 WRX.

    2015 GTI numbers aren't out yet..

    Please ask the Focus question in the Focus discussion. Thanks!

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ccasey1ccasey1 Posts: 19

    Understood, and thanks!

  • sacamanosacamano Posts: 9

    Hey there -- When the June numbers come out, could you please look up the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year? I'll be looking at a Limited level 6-speed manual WRX. Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @sacamano said:
    Hey there -- When the June numbers come out, could you please look up the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year? I'll be looking at a Limited level 6-speed manual WRX. Thanks!

    We are hoping to see the June numbers as early as Tuesday this week. Check back with us after to see if we have them.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sacamanosacamano Posts: 9

    @Michaell said:

    Cool. Again, I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year. Just curious...where are you able to get these numbers? I assume from the manufacturer? Thanks so much.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    @sacamano said:
    Cool. Again, I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year. Just curious...where are you able to get these numbers? I assume from the manufacturer? Thanks so much.

    Base, Premium or Limited?

    Stick or CVT transmission?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sacamanosacamano Posts: 9

    Sorry, Limited with Nav and 6 spd manual.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    .00170 MF and 63% residual for 36 month, 10K/yr.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • rifenbugrifenbug Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

    I am going to look at a new base model tomorrow night. May I ask what this months values are for the base model? 36 month 12k per year.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @rifenbug said:
    I am going to look at a new base model tomorrow night. May I ask what this months values are for the base model? 36 month 12k per year.

    66% and .00200

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • br58br58 Posts: 0

    How about for base model 36mo/10k? Does MF stay at .00200 and the residual bump up to 67%? Thanks in advance, this is a huge help!

  • 2panther2panther Posts: 20

    I'm looking to lease a 2015 WRX Premium. The dealer just emailed me this info, look ok?

    $343.11/month with $3k at signing
    36 months
    12k miles per year
    lease price $27716.00
    MSRP $29325
    Lease Factor 0.0023800 (is this correct for June?)

    I'd like to roll the $3k into the payment so I'm figuring somewhere around ~$420?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @br58 said:
    How about for base model 36mo/10k? Does MF stay at .00200 and the residual bump up to 67%? Thanks in advance, this is a huge help!

    WRX base 36/10 - .00200 and 67%, as you stated.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @2panther said:
    I'm looking to lease a 2015 WRX Premium. The dealer just emailed me this info, look ok?

    $343.11/month with $3k at signing
    36 months
    12k miles per year
    lease price $27716.00
    MSRP $29325
    Lease Factor 0.0023800 (is this correct for June?)

    I'd like to roll the $3k into the payment so I'm figuring somewhere around ~$420?

    63% residual and either .00188 (stick) or .00185 (CVT) MF - looks like your dealer is marking up the MF on you for a bit of extra profit.

    Using your MSRP and selling price with the .00188 MF I get a pre-tax payment (with $0 down) of $343.54. The inflated MF adds $23/month to the pre-tax payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • 2panther2panther Posts: 20
    edited June 2014

    @Michaell said:
    Using your MSRP and selling price with the .00188 MF I get a pre-tax payment (with $0 down) of $343.54. The inflated MF adds $23/month to the pre-tax payment.

    I'm sorry Michaell, can you explain a bit more? With my vehicle price and the correct MF of .00188 you're getting the same monthly payment as the dealer came up with considering the same $0 down?

    how do I approach the dealer about the inflated MF?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @2panther said:
    I'm sorry Michaell, can you explain a bit more? With my vehicle price and the correct MF of .00188 you're getting the same monthly payment as the dealer came up with considering the same $0 down?

    how do I approach the dealer about the inflated MF?

    I thought the offer from the dealer was $340/mo with $3000 down. That buys down the inflation of the MF.

    I would inform the dealer politely that you will not sign a deal that includes an inflated MF. Then, contact a different Subaru dealer and see what they have to say.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • 2panther2panther Posts: 20

    @Michaell said:
    I would inform the dealer politely that you will not sign a deal that includes an inflated MF. Then, contact a different Subaru dealer and see what they have to say.

    You're correct, I forgot about the $3k down. Are you numbers with that rolled in?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @2panther said:
    You're correct, I forgot about the $3k down. Are you numbers with that rolled in?

    My numbers assume $0 down.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • 2panther2panther Posts: 20

    @Michaell said:
    My numbers assume $0 down.

    can you let me know what the added $3k rolled in would run me? I want to go in guns blazing with numbers I've gotten here, a priceless resource for sure :)

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @2panther said:
    can you let me know what the added $3k rolled in would run me? I want to go in guns blazing with numbers I've gotten here, a priceless resource for sure :)

    $3000 / 36 = $83/mo reduction in payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 138

    36m 12k limited rates? In pa

  • junglebikejunglebike Posts: 8
    edited July 2014

    Looking for money factor and residual for 36 month 12,000 mile base 2015 WRX STI in CA.

  • steverstever Posts: 52,457
    edited July 2014

    Need help evaluating your proposed WRX lease? Please gather the information below and include in your post:

    1. Make, Model, Trim, Body Style. (see this link to build your WRX - and yes, this "form letter" form may be a bit redundant for the WRX, but go to town on the options).

    2. State (MF and residuals may vary by region)

    3. MSRP

    4. Negotiated Selling Price or Net Cap Cost

    5. Lease Term and Miles per Year

    6. How much money is due at signing and breakdown of same (taxes, fees, down payment, etc.)

  • junglebikejunglebike Posts: 8
    edited July 2014

    Thanks; I can handle the evaluation, I'm just having trouble figuring out what the actual MF and Residual are in my market. Getting all kinds of answers from dealers. Edited my prior post for clarity.

  • steverstever Posts: 52,457
    edited July 2014

    It's more of a crutch we're posting around the newer leasing discussions - your post just flopped the discussion up to the top of the page and caught my eye and my post wasn't really directed at anyone specific.

    And sometimes that info helps other posters (and @Michaell and @Kyfdx) zero in on a deal. I'd take a stab at it for the San Fran region, but trying to read the lease grid info we get isn't easy and I'd be sure to get it wrong. Best wait for the real answer, lol.

  • Gotcha. If it helps, here's what I'm shooting for; I have a couple of quotes now but the dealers are not being transparent about breaking down the monthly payment as of yet.

    1. Subaru WRX STI. No options (or as close to none as possible)
    2. CA
    3. $35,290 with destination, according to Subaru website
    4. Hoping for $1500 off MSRP, (per TrueCar), though Edmonds shows a markup
    5. 36 months, 12,000 miles per year
    6. Zero down
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    @cnote2 said:
    36m 12k limited rates? In pa

    .00170 MF and 62% residual for stick-shift.

    .00165 MF for automatic.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,479

    @junglebike said:
    Looking for money factor and residual for 36 month 12,000 mile base 2015 WRX STI in CA.

    .00200 MF and 67% residual.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • steverstever Posts: 52,457
    edited July 2014

    Yep, half my guess was wrong (got the MF right). :'(

  • Thanks! So far I have two dealer quotes: 70% residual at .00275MF (!?!), and 66% at .002. I'll keep working on them... that's a great residual.

  • isr007isr007 Posts: 8

    @junglebike said:
    Thanks! So far I have two dealer quotes: 70% residual at .00275MF (!?!), and 66% at .002. I'll keep working on them... that's a great residual.

    I got a quote here in FL on an STI...
    MSRP $38,599.00
    36 is 67%
    39 64%
    42 63%
    money factor 0.00200

  • ohio79ohio79 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014

    This is a great resource! Thank you for all the posts and insight!

    I'm working with a dealer here in Ohio and the quotes for a 36 / 42 month lease seem to be well above what others are posting on the forum. The Lease Payment Calculator from CarBuying Tips is leading me to believe that they're pushing up the MF to 0.0032 for the 42 month lease and 0.0034 for the 36. I responded to the dealer asking what MF their quote was based on...We'll see what they say. This will at least give me ammo to speak with another location.

    Those MF figures seem high, correct!?

    **EDIT **this is for a 2015 WRX Limited, manual, no options, 12k per year, 63% residual for the 36 and 58% for the 42.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @ohio79 said:
    This is a great resource! Thank you for all the posts and insight!

    I'm working with a dealer here in Ohio and the quotes for a 36 / 42 month lease seem to be well above what others are posting on the forum. The Lease Payment Calculator from CarBuying Tips is leading me to believe that they're pushing up the MF to 0.0032 for the 42 month lease and 0.0034 for the 36. I responded to the dealer asking what MF their quote was based on...We'll see what they say. This will at least give me ammo to speak with another location.

    Those MF figures seem high, correct!?

    **EDIT **this is for a 2015 WRX Limited, manual, no options, 12k per year, 58% residual for the 36 and 53% for the 42.

    36/15 - 60% residual and .00170 MF

    42/15 - 55% and .00160

    They may be using a finance company other than Subaru Motors Finance, and marking up the MF as well.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sacamanosacamano Posts: 9
    edited August 2014

    Are new numbers in for August? I'm looking for MF and Resids for:

    1) 2015 WRX Limited with Nav for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    2) 2015 WRX STi standard for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    Thank you!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @sacamano said:
    Are new numbers in for August? I'm looking for MF and Resids for:

    1) 2015 WRX Limited with Nav for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    63% and either .00170 (manual) or .00165 (CVT)

    2) 2015 WRX STi standard for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    65% and .00200

    Thank you!

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 18

    I'm looking at a 2015 WRX, premium w/the short shifter, sti exhaust, and a few other small add-ons. They gave me a vehicle price of 30,209. A total price of 32,647.28 after taxes and fees.
    I'm putting 3 grand down. I'm looking at a 36 mo/12k a year lease. They offered me 413-23$ a month as the payment with a money factor of 0.00238. Seems a little high to me. Is this a good offer?

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 18

    Manual, premium

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @cuthbert said:
    I'm looking at a 2015 WRX, premium w/the short shifter, sti exhaust, and a few other small add-ons. They gave me a vehicle price of 30,209. A total price of 32,647.28 after taxes and fees.
    I'm putting 3 grand down. I'm looking at a 36 mo/12k a year lease. They offered me 413-23$ a month as the payment with a money factor of 0.00238. Seems a little high to me. Is this a good offer?

    Base MF for 36/12 on the Premium is .00188, so the dealer is marking that up on you for a bit of extra profit.

    RV is 63%. What is the MSRP?

    We recommend against putting down any money on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 18

    Waiting to hear back on the MSRP.

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 18

    30,209 is the MSRP.

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 18

    And he says that .00238 is the official Subaru number posted for this month. Pssh. Haha.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,865

    @cuthbert said:
    And he says that .00238 is the official Subaru number posted for this month. Pssh. Haha.

    Time to reach out to a different dealer.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 Mercedes E63 Wagon / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rennix1rennix1 Posts: 8

    Looking for September MF and resid on 2015 WRX Base. PMed you as well, but forgot to specify month! Do you have to wait until 9/1 for those?

Sign In or Register to comment.