Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Lexus IS 250 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    mikeysed said:

MF and residual for NJ on 2015 IS 350 AWD F sport please.

12k year and also 15k year. Thanks! ALso any dealer cash?

Also, are these cars leasing best at 24 or 27 or 36 months?

.00090 MF and $500 lease cash.

15K/yr residuals are 69%/67%/61%.

Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Given those numbers, 36 months looks like the best term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mikeysedmikeysed Member Posts: 63
    Got an AMAZING deal.

12k year/ 36 month. IS 350 AWD F Sport. MSRP $50,300. First monthly only due at signing.

Monthly WITH 7% NJ sales tax is $457
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    mikeysed said:

Got an AMAZING deal.

12k year/ 36 month. IS 350 AWD F Sport. MSRP $50,300. First monthly only due at signing.

Monthly WITH 7% NJ sales tax is $457

Congrats! That is a very good deal. Enjoy your new Lexus!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    vicdengvicdeng Member Posts: 5
    MF and residual for OH on 2015 IS AWD Crafted line

15k year. any dealer cash?

Also, lease for 24 or 27 or 36 months?

thanks
  • Options
    vicdeng said:

MF and residual for OH on 2015 IS AWD Crafted line

15k year. any dealer cash?

Also, lease for 24 or 27 or 36 months?

thanks

.00090 MF and 70% / 68% / 62%. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    bobsparrowbobsparrow Member Posts: 38
    MF/R/Lease Cash
    2015 IS350 AWD F Sport
  • Options

MF/R/Lease Cash
    2015 IS350 AWD F Sport

Lease term / miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bobsparrowbobsparrow Member Posts: 38
    Sorry 36/10K NYC

Thanks in advance!
  • Options

MF/R/Lease Cash
    2015 IS350 AWD F Sport

Sorry 36/10K NYC

Thanks in advance!

64% and .00090. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mlz3mlz3 Member Posts: 1
    does anyone have any new numbers for May?

24mo, 15kmiles and 36 mo, 15k miles
    IS250 crafted line
  • Options
    mlz3 said:

does anyone have any new numbers for May?

24mo, 15kmiles and 36 mo, 15k miles
    IS250 crafted line

Residuals valid until 6/30/15 - 70% and 62%

MF is valid through today (5/4/15) - .00090 and $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    itsthenitsthen Member Posts: 1
    Hi, looking for some information please.

IS250 Base
    27 months/12k Miles
    0 Down
    Zip: 30339

What is the residual/MF?
    Lease Cash?
  • Options
    escalade24escalade24 Member Posts: 45
    Guys, I am so sorry to bother you again. I promise this is the last time I will be asking, the car should be here this week. What are the 10k residual and mf this month. Same as last? Still $500 lease cash? As always thank you so much.
  • Options
    mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    The current IS250 Lease offer from Lexus.com for 36mo./10k is $349mo. + $1099 (750 cap reduc + 1st mo?) due at signing with sample model at $38159(incl. delevery charge).

Plugged into lease calculator with 66% residual and 0.0009 MF it seems there's a $1500 incentive.

Is this correct?

Also is there acquisition fee for Lexus leases? I'm in Los Angeles CA

Thanks in advance:)
  • Options

Guys, I am so sorry to bother you again. I promise this is the last time I will be asking, the car should be here this week. What are the 10k residual and mf this month. Same as last? Still $500 lease cash? As always thank you so much.

Yes.. residuals are good through the end of June... still $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    itsthen said:

Hi, looking for some information please.

IS250 Base
    27 months/12k Miles
    0 Down
    Zip: 30339

What is the residual/MF?
    Lease Cash?

.00075 MF and 70% residual. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mroctober said:

The current IS250 Lease offer from Lexus.com for 36mo./10k is $349mo. + $1099 (750 cap reduc + 1st mo?) due at signing with sample model at $38159(incl. delevery charge).

Plugged into lease calculator with 66% residual and 0.0009 MF it seems there's a $1500 incentive.

Is this correct?

Also is there acquisition fee for Lexus leases? I'm in Los Angeles CA

Thanks in advance:)

Acquisition fee is $700

Residual is 65% for 36mo, 10K/yr..

Money factor is .00070-.00075, depending on your region, this month.

$500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    I hear about the lease returns with low mileage can have equity applicable towards new lease. If true, is the equity determined by the dealership? or should I get approval from Lexus Financial first? My lease return currently only used up 60% of the allowed miles.

Thanks for any tips!
  • Options
    mroctober said:

I hear about the lease returns with low mileage can have equity applicable towards new lease. If true, is the equity determined by the dealership? or should I get approval from Lexus Financial first? My lease return currently only used up 60% of the allowed miles.

Thanks for any tips!

I would suggest you head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion to see what the true value of your current car is. If it's more than the residual value from the lease, then you can trade it in and use the equity however you'd like (though we recommend you get the dealer to cut you a check).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    xavier15xavier15 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    Hello,

Here is an offer I have from a dealer in Indiana for a 2015 IS 250 AWD w/ premium package, no navigation.

I initially inquired about the vehicle based on the $349 mo / $2,399 / 10K regional offer. The salesman said they essentially can't match that ad because it doesn't include the other upfront fees (tax on the DP, delivery, doc, etc). Tax is paid monthly in Indiana.

The dealer offered $1,100 off of MSRP, which seems somewhat low based on other posts I've seen here. Additionally, I wasn't given the money factor or the residual %.

I fall under the tier 1 credit profile. Considering the $2,399 down payment (which I know isn't advisable) and the 7.5K mi lease (not 10K), this payment seems somewhat high still, as is $3,877 total in drive-off fees – but I could be wrong here.

If anyone could be so kind as to evaluate this offer for me I would appreciate it. This is my first lease.

Should I negotiate for a lower sale price first to get closer to the advertised $349 payment? Is there a target % off invoice I should shoot for? (I've seen 12% – 15% off in other posts).

Any other general tips?

Thank you

• Options
    Just for starters, the advertised lease assumes a dealer discount of $2200, while your dealer is only offering $1100 off.

Also, on the advertised lease, the breakdown of the $2399 is ($1350 down payment, $700 acq.fee and $349 1st payment). Looks like they are charging separately for the 1st payment and the acq.fee (in the upfront charges) and getting $1050 more upfront from you, plus giving you only 7.5K/yr which adds another $425 to the deal.

So, it isn't just the tax.. It's just a bad deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    xavier15xavier15 Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

Just for starters, the advertised lease assumes a dealer discount of $2200, while your dealer is only offering $1100 off.

Also, on the advertised lease, the breakdown of the $2399 is ($1350 down payment, $700 acq.fee and $349 1st payment). Looks like they are charging separately for the 1st payment and the acq. fee (in the upfront charges) and getting $1050 more upfront from you, plus giving you only 7.5K/yr which adds another $425 to the deal.

Yikes. Thank you for this.

When you say they're charging separately for the 1st payment and the acq fee, they shouldn't be doing be based on those two fees already included in the upfront cost breakdown, correct? So I'd essentially be paying two acq fees and first payments?

Just want to make sure I understand so I can get some clarity from them.

Thank you again.
  • Options
    xavier15 said:

kyfdx said:

Also, on the advertised lease, the breakdown of the $2399 is ($1350 down payment, $700 acq.fee and $349 1st payment). Looks like they are charging separately for the 1st payment and the acq. fee (in the upfront charges) and getting $1050 more upfront from you, plus giving you only 7.5K/yr which adds another $425 to the deal.

When you say they're charging separately for the 1st payment and the acq fee, they shouldn't be doing be based on those two fees already included in the upfront cost breakdown, correct? So I'd essentially be paying two acq fees and first payments?

Thank you again.
    No, they aren't collecting the first payment and acq fee twice, they are collecting additional down payment as well.

Negotiate the best selling price (use the 'make / model / year' pull downs at the top of the page to get you started), and minimize your up front costs to just the first payment, acquisition fee and any other dealer fees and state-mandated license costs.

The 36/7.5 numbers for the IS250 are 66% residual and .00090 MF. There is also $500 lease cash, which can be used to reduce the selling price after you've negotiated your best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    xavier15 said:

kyfdx said:

Thank you again.
    I was comparing their offer to the nationally advertised deal. In the advertised deal, the $2399 includes the first payment and the acquisition fee.. They aren't charging you twice for it, they are just charging a lot more for the car and asking for more money upfront, as well...

It's just not a good deal

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Michaell said:

mroctober said:

Thanks for any tips!

I would suggest you head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion to see what the true value of your current car is. If it's more than the residual value from the lease, then you can trade it in and use the equity however you'd like (though we recommend you get the dealer to cut you a check).
    If I do still have equity left from my lease return, is the amount credited by Lexus Financial or conceded by dealer? I think understanding this can help in my negotiation.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mroctober said:

Michaell said:

mroctober said:

Thanks for any tips!

If I do still have equity left from my lease return, is the amount credited by Lexus Financial or conceded by dealer? I think understanding this can help in my negotiation.

Thanks!
    If you simply turn the car in at the end of the lease, you don't see any equity. You have to either trade it in or buy it at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    maxlevmaxlev Member Posts: 85
    Looking at 2015 IS 250 AWD with Premium Package --- MSRP = $41k ish.

Curious for Residual and Money Factors for 10k/12k 36month term lease?

Curious to know if anyone has any experiences to share? Anyone doing better than the 'teaser' rate of $349/mo with $1400 down for 10k/36mo?

Thanks.
  • Options
    maxlev said:

Looking at 2015 IS 250 AWD with Premium Package --- MSRP = $41k ish.

Curious for Residual and Money Factors for 10k/12k 36month term lease?

Curious to know if anyone has any experiences to share? Anyone doing better than the 'teaser' rate of $349/mo with $1400 down for 10k/36mo?

Thanks.

.00090 and 64% for 36/12. $500 lease cash. Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2015
    What are the current MF and residual for 24/10K or 36/10K for 2015 RWD IS250 in Southern California? Is there a $500 lease cash as well right now?
  • Options
    mrtrance said:

What are the current MF and residual for 24/10K or 36/10K for 2015 RWD IS250 in Southern California? Is there a $500 lease cash as well right now?

MF varies on the IS250 from .00070-.00075 depending on region.

$500 lease cash. Residuals are 73% and 65%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    msm1771msm1771 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at leasing a 2015 Lexus Is250 F Sport without navigation.
    10k 36 month lease.

I live in Miami and plan on getting the car from Lexus of North Miami.
    They quoted me around 400$ a month with 0$ down on 5/7/15 for the car before any negotiation. I don't remember the exact msrp of the car,but it was between 42-44k I think.

1. Is this a good deal or could I do better?

2.What is an average discount on the msrp I should be looking at to enter in for the net capital cost. For taxes title and registration and dealer fees were around 1500$.

3. What is the money factor and residual that I should be aiming to get from the dealer?

Thanks!
  • Options
    msm1771 said:

10k 36 month lease.

They quoted me around 400$ a month with 0$ down on 5/7/15 for the car before any negotiation. I don't remember the exact msrp of the car,but it was between 42-44k I think.

2.What is an average discount on the msrp I should be looking at to enter in for the net capital cost. For taxes title and registration and dealer fees were around 1500$.

3. What is the money factor and residual that I should be aiming to get from the dealer?

Thanks!

.00090 MF and $500 lease cash. 65% residual for 36/10.

We would need to know the selling price and the cap cost (inclusive of any fees) to model a payment before we can tell you if $400/mo is good or not.

Tax on a lease in FL is applied monthly, not paid up front.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help with pricing targets. And, read back through the last couple of pages on this discussion to see what discounts others have been able to negotiate.

I can tell you that it will be to your advantage to work with more than one dealer and get them to compete for your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    I am looking at leasing a 2015 Lexus Is250 F Sport without navigation. 10k 36 month lease. I live in Miami and plan on getting the car from Lexus of North Miami. They quoted me around 400$ a month with 0$ down on 5/7/15 for the car before any negotiation. I don't remember the exact msrp of the car,but it was between 42-44k I think. 1. Is this a good deal or could I do better? 2.What is an average discount on the msrp I should be looking at to enter in for the net capital cost. For taxes title and registration and dealer fees were around 1500$. 3. What is the money factor and residual that I should be aiming to get from the dealer? Thanks!
    .00090 MF and $500 lease cash. 65% residual for 36/10. We would need to know the selling price and the cap cost (inclusive of any fees) to model a payment before we can tell you if $400/mo is good or not. Tax on a lease in FL is applied monthly, not paid up front. Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help with pricing targets. And, read back through the last couple of pages on this discussion to see what discounts others have been able to negotiate. I can tell you that it will be to your advantage to work with more than one dealer and get them to compete for your business.
    Thank you so much for the speedy reply! You are truly a life saver!

Okay i will go to multiple dealer. I am actually thinking of keeping the car for only 2 years. I dont want to be tied down to payments for that long. 

Whats the MF and Residual for a 24/10 and a 24/7.5 
  • Options
    msm1771 said:

Michaell said:

msm1771 said:

10k 36 month lease.

Thanks!

.00090 MF and $500 lease cash. 65% residual for 36/10.

We would need to know the selling price and the cap cost (inclusive of any fees) to model a payment before we can tell you if $400/mo is good or not.

Tax on a lease in FL is applied monthly, not paid up front.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help with pricing targets. And, read back through the last couple of pages on this discussion to see what discounts others have been able to negotiate.

I can tell you that it will be to your advantage to work with more than one dealer and get them to compete for your business.

Thank you so much for the speedy reply! You are truly a life saver!

Okay i will go to multiple dealer. I am actually thinking of keeping the car for only 2 years. I dont want to be tied down to payments for that long. 

Whats the MF and Residual for a 24/10 and a 24/7.5 

Same MF but residual jumps to 73% / 74%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    When I try to calculate my lease payments using the make/model/year for a new 2015 f sport rwd, it comes out to a MSRP of %40k and a true market value of $36,826.

What should I plug into the lease calculator? I plug in for the cap cost ( 40,000) then 1500$ for title registration and other fees. Then, I enter in 73% (since I am doing a 24/10k) of $40000 for the residual which is 29200. The Money factor is 0.00090 and I am still coming up with $ 646/month.

What am I doing wrong?

1.Am I supposed to put the final sales price in the Cap Cost or the Msrp?
    2.Also, do I take 73% of the final sales price or MSRP for the residual?.

The numbers for the calculator are coming up way different for a 36 month lease opposed to a 24 month lease. You would think the lease would less expensive for a 24 month lease as the car depreciates less.
  • Options
    msm1771 said:

When I try to calculate my lease payments using the make/model/year for a new 2015 f sport rwd, it comes out to a MSRP of %40k and a true market value of $36,826.

What should I plug into the lease calculator? I plug in for the cap cost ( 40,000) then 1500$ for title registration and other fees. Then, I enter in 73% (since I am doing a 24/10k) of $40000 for the residual which is 29200. The Money factor is 0.00090 and I am still coming up with $ 646/month.

What am I doing wrong?

The numbers for the calculator are coming up way different for a 36 month lease opposed to a 24 month lease. You would think the lease would less expensive for a 24 month lease as the car depreciates less.

Residual is a percentage of MSRP.

24 month leases are usually more expensive. Yes, the depreciation is less, but you have less months to amortize that depreciation. Unless the residual spread is 10% or more higher than a 36 month lease, the 36 month term is usually cheaper.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

msm1771 said:

What am I doing wrong?

24 month leases are usually more expensive. Yes, the depreciation is less, but you have less months to amortize that depreciation. Unless the residual spread is 10% or more higher than a 36 month lease, the 36 month term is usually cheaper.

Okay. What about for vehicle sales price/capital cost. Do I put MSRP in for that as well? I am still getting way to high of a number for the lease. I am confused as to what the 500$lease cash means. Also, assuming I put no money down and just pick the car up from the Miami dealer, what is the usual cost for tags,title,taxes and aquisition fees and rebates. I apologize in advance if I am asking too many questions lol!
  • Options
    msm1771 said:

kyfdx said:

msm1771 said:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay. What about for vehicle sales price/capital cost. Do I put MSRP in for that as well? I am still getting way to high of a number for the lease. I am confused as to what the 500$lease cash means. Also, assuming I put no money down and just pick the car up from the Miami dealer, what is the usual cost for tags,title,taxes and aquisition fees and rebates. I apologize in advance if I am asking too many questions lol!
    The MSRP is the bottom line number on the window sticker - base price + options + destination.

The selling price is the one you negotiate with the dealer - this is also known as the "gross cap cost". The "net cap cost" is the gross cap plus any fees or costs you choose to add into the lease, minus any dealer cash, rebates and cash down ("cap cost reduction")

There is an acquisition fee (bank fee) imposed by the bank, a dealer fee set by the dealer and tags/license costs. These can be paid up front or added into the cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

msm1771 said:

kyfdx said:

msm1771 said:

What am I doing wrong?

The MSRP is the bottom line number on the window sticker - base price + options + destination.

The selling price is the one you negotiate with the dealer - this is also known as the "gross cap cost". The "net cap cost" is the gross cap plus any fees or costs you choose to add into the lease, minus any dealer cash, rebates and cash down ("cap cost reduction")

There is an acquisition fee (bank fee) imposed by the bank, a dealer fee set by the dealer and tags/license costs. These can be paid up front or added into the cap cost.

Okay just got back from the dealer. I asked them the best they could do on a 2015 F sport is250 with nav for a 36/10k.

0$ down
    1300$ at signing for dealer fees,transfer tag, and florida taxes and first month payment included. $ 373 per month for 35 months after that. I am going to have the buyers order to post. Is there anything that I should be worried about? If not it seems like a great deal.
  • Options
    msm1771 said:
    When I try to calculate my lease payments using the make/model/year for a new 2015 f sport rwd, it comes out to a MSRP of %40k and a true market value of $36,826. What should I plug into the lease calculator? I plug in for the cap cost ( 40,000) then 1500$ for title registration and other fees. Then, I enter in 73% (since I am doing a 24/10k) of $40000 for the residual which is 29200. The Money factor is 0.00090 and I am still coming up with $ 646/month. What am I doing wrong? 1.Am I supposed to put the final sales price in the Cap Cost or the Msrp? 2.Also, do I take 73% of the final sales price or MSRP for the residual?. The numbers for the calculator are coming up way different for a 36 month lease opposed to a 24 month lease. You would think the lease would less expensive for a 24 month lease as the car depreciates less.
    Residual is a percentage of MSRP. 24 month leases are usually more expensive. Yes, the depreciation is less, but you have less months to amortize that depreciation. Unless the residual spread is 10% or more higher than a 36 month lease, the 36 month term is usually cheaper.
    The MSRP is the bottom line number on the window sticker - base price + options + destination. The selling price is the one you negotiate with the dealer - this is also known as the "gross cap cost". The "net cap cost" is the gross cap plus any fees or costs you choose to add into the lease, minus any dealer cash, rebates and cash down ("cap cost reduction") There is an acquisition fee (bank fee) imposed by the bank, a dealer fee set by the dealer and tags/license costs. These can be paid up front or added into the cap cost.
    Okay just got back from the dealer. I asked them the best they could do on a 2015 F sport is250 with nav for a 36/10k. 0$ down 1300$ at signing for dealer fees,transfer tag, and florida taxes and first month payment included. $ 373 per month for 35 months after that. I am going to have the buyers order to post. Is there anything that I should be worried about? If not it seems like a great deal.
     We would need both the MS RP and the selling price in order to calculate the payment 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    timoptimop Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Could you please give me your thoughts on the following lease in Naperville, IL?
    Lexus IS 250 F-Sport MSRP $45,854
    36/12
    Sales Price $43,309
    Payment $493.1
    Residual $29,346.56
    Lease Cash $500

I didn't get the MF but believe it is 0.0007 and RV should be 64%
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    timop said:

Hello,
    Could you please give me your thoughts on the following lease in Naperville, IL?
    Lexus IS 250 F-Sport MSRP $45,854
    36/12
    Sales Price $43,309
    Payment $493.1
    Residual $29,346.56
    Lease Cash $500

I didn't get the MF but believe it is 0.0007 and RV should be 64%
    Thank you!!

I confirm the 36/12 residual of 64% and MF of .00070; with your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $438.70. Would take an awful big tax rate to get to $439.10/mo from there.

Confirm with the dealer the net cap cost; if different from the sales price, find out why.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    marr93marr93 Member Posts: 3
    I don't really know where to start. I'm all knew to this leasing/car buying experience. I'm 21 and recently got a really good paying job. I went to a Lexus dealership in southern California to see what they would quote me on an IS 250 F sport RWD. I don't know if what they quoted me was a good deal or not but I'm going to put the numbers here. Any help is appreciated. 

MSRP: 42,638
    Negotiated price: 39,560 
    Sales tax: 3,570.22
    Tag/registration fees: 328
    Other: 29 
    County fee: 10 
    Electronic filing: 29 
    Smog abatement fee: 20 
    Documentation fee: 80

Balance due: 43,626.22 

$0 down payment 

12K/36 months 

Rebate: $500 

$436/month 

• Options
    marr93 said:

I don't really know where to start. I'm all knew to this leasing/car buying experience. I'm 21 and recently got a really good paying job. I went to a Lexus dealership in southern California to see what they would quote me on an IS 250 F sport RWD. I don't know if what they quoted me was a good deal or not but I'm going to put the numbers here. Any help is appreciated. 

$0 down payment 

12K/36 months 

$436/month 

Sales tax in CA is calculated for each monthly payment, so I don't understand the $3600 being added in.

The 36/12 numbers for the IS250 are .00090 and 64%. With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $401.04. If the tax rate is 9%, then the payment goes to $437/mo, in line with the dealer quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

$0 down payment 

12K/36 months 

$436/month 

Sales tax in CA is calculated for each monthly payment, so I don't understand the $3600 being added in. The 36/12 numbers for the IS250 are .00090 and 64%. With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $401.04. If the tax rate is 9%, then the payment goes to $437/mo, in line with the dealer quote.
    Would this be a good deal or could I get something better? Also, how would I address the sales tax being calculated into each monthly payment and there still being an additional $3600 sales tax if that's a part of the monthly payment? Thanks for the rapid response! 
  • Options
    marr93 said:

Michaell said:

marr93 said:

$0 down payment 

12K/36 months 

$436/month 

Sales tax in CA is calculated for each monthly payment, so I don't understand the $3600 being added in.

The 36/12 numbers for the IS250 are .00090 and 64%. With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $401.04. If the tax rate is 9%, then the payment goes to $437/mo, in line with the dealer quote.

Would this be a good deal or could I get something better? Also, how would I address the sales tax being calculated into each monthly payment and there still being an additional $3600 sales tax if that's a part of the monthly payment? Thanks for the rapid response! 

I can't comment on the strength of the deal - I've never shopped for a Lexus. But, read back through the last page or two of this discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate.

I would simply ask the dealer about the sales tax - they may be summing up the total tax due during the lease, but I'd want to make sure of that before signing anything.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:

$0 down payment 

12K/36 months 

$436/month 

Sales tax in CA is calculated for each monthly payment, so I don't understand the $3600 being added in. The 36/12 numbers for the IS250 are .00090 and 64%. With your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $401.04. If the tax rate is 9%, then the payment goes to $437/mo, in line with the dealer quote.
    I can't comment on the strength of the deal - I've never shopped for a Lexus. But, read back through the last page or two of this discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate. I would simply ask the dealer about the sales tax - they may be summing up the total tax due during the lease, but I'd want to make sure of that before signing anything.
    Thank you, will update with what I end up doing. Thanks for the help as I'm new to all of this. 
  • Options
    marr93 said:

Michaell said:

marr93 said:

Michaell said:

marr93 said:

$0 down payment 

12K/36 months 

$436/month 

I can't comment on the strength of the deal - I've never shopped for a Lexus. But, read back through the last page or two of this discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate.

I would simply ask the dealer about the sales tax - they may be summing up the total tax due during the lease, but I'd want to make sure of that before signing anything.

Thank you, will update with what I end up doing. Thanks for the help as I'm new to all of this. 

One piece of advice .. engage multiple Lexus dealers, as the competition for pricing will help you secure the best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nozzienozzie Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

got this deal today in Southern California...what are your thoughts?

MSRP $38,159
    selling price $35,490.20
    down $2000 (including all fees, taxes, first mo payment) + $500 lease cash
    Residual value 62%
    MF 0.0006999
    tier 1 plus credit

36 months/15k miles per year

399 per month including tax

new to leasing a car - any input greatly appreciated - Thanks!