Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    mightyomightyo Member Posts: 21
    Two questions: I have an offer on a Limited. Price $44,876.43. Putting 4k down (so I can get tier 1 credit that has been approved), live in IL. .5 money rate (?) and 50 % residual, $518 per month. 39/12000 miles. $518 per month. Other than the down pay (trade-in 2004 Bauer Expedition, 158,000 miles), do these numbers look good?

Do you happen to know the residuals for Sport in IL? 39/12,000 or 36/12,000? I"m thinking if the residual on the Sport is higher, I can get into a sport for around the same monthly, assuming the 4 k down?

Thanks so much!!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    mightyo said:

Two questions: I have an offer on a Limited. Price $44,876.43. Putting 4k down (so I can get tier 1 credit that has been approved), live in IL. .5 money rate (?) and 50 % residual, $518 per month. 39/12000 miles. $518 per month. Other than the down pay (trade-in 2004 Bauer Expedition, 158,000 miles), do these numbers look good?

Do you happen to know the residuals for Sport in IL? 39/12,000 or 36/12,000? I"m thinking if the residual on the Sport is higher, I can get into a sport for around the same monthly, assuming the 4 k down?

Thanks so much!!

57% for 36/12 or 55% for 39/12 on the Sport.

BTW, residual is 52% for 39/12 on the Limited AWD

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    howie07howie07 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I see this was asked in august but there was no MF information for the 2016 Explorer at the time.

Can you please post the current residual and MF for the 2016 Explorer Sport AWD in new jersey, 36/12? Also, could the MF be different at different dealers in the same area? I was at a few different Ford dealers in northern NJ recently, and got 2 different MF numbers and one gave me an APR percent which I divided by 2400, but ultimately all 3 were different. Should they be universal per state or region?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    The only options I'm going to add are the 401A Equipment package ($4300) and adaptive cruise control ($1150), bringing a $43500 base MSRP sport model up to $49895 MSRP with a destination charge added into that. The Friends and Neighbors net price is currently $47457 according to the Ford website for the sport with those options. What is the realistic lower limit of price after negotion that I can hope a high volume Ford dealer would drop down to? Somewhere around $43000 or is that too much to expect? Once I know the MF and residual I'll run it through a lease calculator again, but with that net cap cost, adding maybe $1200 in fees, and subtracting a 3k down payment, does it sound right for my down payment to be about $419/month? This is assuming .58 residual and .00073 MF which I've seen in previous posts but not sure for NJ.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    howie07 said:

Hi, I see this was asked in august but there was no MF information for the 2016 Explorer at the time.

Can you please post the current residual and MF for the 2016 Explorer Sport AWD in new jersey, 36/12? Also, could the MF be different at different dealers in the same area? I was at a few different Ford dealers in northern NJ recently, and got 2 different MF numbers and one gave me an APR percent which I divided by 2400, but ultimately all 3 were different. Should they be universal per state or region?

0.50% APR and 57% residual.

Ford Motor Credit uses APRs, not money factors. I would expect all dealers in the same area to have the same APR, but some may be marking it up. Ford has a lot of regions, and we don't have all of them, but all that we do have say 0.50% APR. Residuals are nationwide.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    howie07 said:

The only options I'm going to add are the 401A Equipment package ($4300) and adaptive cruise control ($1150), bringing a $43500 base MSRP sport model up to $49895 MSRP with a destination charge added into that. The Friends and Neighbors net price is currently $47457 according to the Ford website for the sport with those options. What is the realistic lower limit of price after negotion that I can hope a high volume Ford dealer would drop down to? Somewhere around $43000 or is that too much to expect? Once I know the MF and residual I'll run it through a lease calculator again, but with that net cap cost, adding maybe $1200 in fees, and subtracting a 3k down payment, does it sound right for my down payment to be about $419/month? This is assuming .58 residual and .00073 MF which I've seen in previous posts but not sure for NJ.

Can't really help you with selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mightyomightyo Member Posts: 21
    Amazing. I went to a Ford dealer and they told me the sport residual was only 53 % for 36 months! They quoted me $558 per month with 3500 down. Do  you think they made a mistake on the 53% or disingenuous? 
  • Options
    mightyo said:

Amazing. I went to a Ford dealer and they told me the sport residual was only 53 % for 36 months! They quoted me $558 per month with 3500 down. Do  you think they made a mistake on the 53% or disingenuous? 

I think they made a mistake..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

howie07 said:

Ford Motor Credit uses APRs, not money factors. I would expect all dealers in the same area to have the same APR, but some may be marking it up. Ford has a lot of regions, and we don't have all of them, but all that we do have say 0.50% APR. Residuals are nationwide.
    kyfdx your answers are really appreciated, and big thanks to you and others who go on the forum to help everyone out.

Do you have APR info for regions anywhere in NJ, or close by like NY/PA, showing the APR should be .50%? I just want to determine how close or accurate 0.50 is for north jersey suburbs of NYC. Since I've come across dealers marking up to 1.75, I'll assume I want to stay away from them.
  • Options
    To everyone else on the forum, how low were you able to get the dealer to go in order to make a deal? How low under the X plan, invoice, or A&Z plan did you negotiate down to? On an explorer with a $49,900 MSRP translating to $47,500 after the friends and neighbor discount, how much lower can I realistically hope to bargain down to?
  • Options
    askibum02askibum02 Member Posts: 18
    Can I please get Apr and residual on a '16 Limited and Sport at 36 and 39 12K and 15K?  Thanks.
  • Options
    The
    howie07 said:

kyfdx said:

howie07 said:

kyfdx your answers are really appreciated, and big thanks to you and others who go on the forum to help everyone out.

Do you have APR info for regions anywhere in NJ, or close by like NY/PA, showing the APR should be .50%? I just want to determine how close or accurate 0.50 is for north jersey suburbs of NYC. Since I've come across dealers marking up to 1.75, I'll assume I want to stay away from them.
    The closest we have is Ohio ...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    askibum02 said:

Can I please get Apr and residual on a '16 Limited and Sport at 36 and 39 12K and 15K?  Thanks.

36/15:
    Limited AWD - 52%
    Sport - 55%

Subtract 2% for 39 months
    Add 2% for 12K miles

What state? Ford APRs are regional?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    askibum02askibum02 Member Posts: 18
    NC
  • Options
    askibum02 said:

NC

APR is .50% for 36 months, .75% for 39 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cghamm22cghamm22 Member Posts: 13
    kyfdx said:
    2016 Explore sport in CA-white with bucket seats

Msrp 50110
    Cap cost 47327
    Residual 57% 28572
    36/12
    No money down
    250 dealer lease rebate 
    8% tax

Payment of 626

I want to get to 600 but is this a good deal?  

0.50% APR and 57% residual. At that MSRP and CAP cost, I get $537/mo.+tax. Given that, your payment seems a little high. Make sure that is the CAP cost and not just the selling price.

The dealer said the 626 included tax on the base payment.  Does that sound right and what does that mean.  I get there's tax but that different from what I understand and the payment including tax is 580 which is still less than the 626 he is quoting me
  • Options
    chamm22 said:

kyfdx said:

chamm22 said:

2016 Explore sport in CA-white with bucket seats

Msrp 50110
    Cap cost 47327
    Residual 57% 28572
    36/12
    No money down
    250 dealer lease rebate 
    8% tax

Payment of 626

I want to get to 600 but is this a good deal?  

At that MSRP and CAP cost, I get $537/mo.+tax. Given that, your payment seems a little high. Make sure that is the CAP cost and not just the selling price.

The dealer said the 626 included tax on the base payment.  Does that sound right and what does that mean.  I get there's tax but that different from what I understand and the payment including tax is 580 which is still less than the 626 he is quoting me

Ask the dealer for the APR they are using, and also, the NET (or adjusted) CAP cost. If the numbers don't work, then maybe those aren't the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    hoosierfan223hoosierfan223 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for this fantastic resource! Can I get the Residual and MF for a 2016 Explorer Platinum, 12k / 36 mos and 15k / 36 mos. would be purchasing in Madison , WI.

Any difference if we would go w a Chicago dealer or are they in the same region?

Any lease cash or any other special incentives as part of the "Family and Friends" promo?

Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    shawngunshawngun Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2015
    Hello,

I'm looking for some information for a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited in Virginia, please.

The price of the vehicle is $44,009. Could you give me the MF/Residual for 36 months, and monthly payment with 0 down on that price?

Thanks a ton!
  • Options

Thanks for this fantastic resource! Can I get the Residual and MF for a 2016 Explorer Platinum, 12k / 36 mos and 15k / 36 mos. would be purchasing in Madison , WI.

Any difference if we would go w a Chicago dealer or are they in the same region?

Any lease cash or any other special incentives as part of the "Family and Friends" promo?

Thanks!!!!

52% for 36/15; add 2% for 12K.

.50% MF

Don't know if Madison and Chicago are the same region or not ...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    shawngun said:

Hello,

I'm looking for some information for a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited in Virginia, please.

The price of the vehicle is $44,009. Could you give me the MF/Residual for 36 months, and monthly payment with 0 down on that price?

Thanks a ton!

36/15 numbers are .50% MF and 52% for Limited 4WD.

Is $44,009 the MSRP or the negotiated price? I'd need both in order to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    stephenjtorresstephenjtorres Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Hello. Looking for the residual value % and APR for MD region on 2016 4WD XLT @ 36mo/15k. Thanks!
  • Options

Hello. Looking for the residual value % and APR for MD region on 2016 4WD XLT @ 36mo/15k. Thanks!

.50% APR and 54% for 36/15 on the 2016 XLT 4WD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    shawngunshawngun Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

shawngun said:

Hello,

Thanks a ton!

Is $44,009 the MSRP or the negotiated price? I'd need both in order to model a payment.
    The MSRP is $47,280. The $44,009 is the negotiated price.
  • Options
    shawngun said:

Michaell said:

shawngun said:

Hello,

Thanks a ton!

The MSRP is $47,280. The $44,009 is the negotiated price.
    That gives me $554/mo plus tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    g2369g2369 Member Posts: 60
    Hi,

I'm looking for MF and residuals for a 2016 Explorer XLT in South Florida.

36 months / 15k miles and they have a program with 13,500 miles also. 

Also, let me know if there are any incentives.

Thank you!
  • Options
    g2369 said:

Hi,

Thank you!

54% for 36/15; add 1% for 13.5K miles.

.50% MF and $250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

g2369 said:

Hi,

Thank you!

Thank you. Dealer is telling me that there is no $250 lease cash available. Only it I purchase and finance with Ford credit. Is he telling me the truth?
  • Options
    g2369 said:

Michaell said:

g2369 said:

Hi,

Thank you!

Thank you. Dealer is telling me that there is no $250 lease cash available. Only it I purchase and finance with Ford credit. Is he telling me the truth?
    My apologies; I read the wrong column. There is no lease cash on the 2016 Explorer. Just purchase incentive as the dealer indicated.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

g2369 said:

Michaell said:

g2369 said:

Hi,

Thank you!

My apologies; I read the wrong column. There is no lease cash on the 2016 Explorer. Just purchase incentive as the dealer indicated.
    No worries. Thanks again.
  • Options
    I went to a dealer yesterday and asked for the payment price on a $46,000 explorer sport, 36/12 in NJ. The salesman came back with $615 a month and $1500 out of pocket to cover some taxes and fees. After negotiating with the sales manager who turned out to be very willing to deal, I ended up leasing it for $499 a month with 0 down. His first offer seems to have been based on full msrp, but coming down $115 a month and rolling all fees and taxes into the payment seems like a big discount. How good of a deal was it really? Here's all the numbers:

msrp: 46165
    gross cap cost: 45218
    cap cost reduction: 1499
    adjusted cap cost: 43719
    residual value: 26314
    depreciation: 17405
    rent charge: 558
    total of payments: 17964
    499 a month
  • Options
    b431b431 Member Posts: 11
    Looking for lease numbers on explorer platinum edition msrp 53915 sale price 51013
    need lease for 36month/12miles, and 24 months/12,000miles my state is 9% lease tax thank you
  • Options
    aukerusmcaukerusmc Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2015
    I am looking at leasing 16 Sport with 401A , Moon-roof, and LED Fog Lights. Here is what the dealer sent over to me.... This is exactly what was listed on the sheet.

Purchase Price: 50,490
    Friend & Family Discount: 3,917
    Subtotal: 46,573
    Fees: 590.91
    Taxes: 3210.73 - Utah
    Total Price: 50, 374.64
    Note: Giving me 1000k rebate as cash down
    Monthly Payment Options based on Money Down:
    24 mth 10.5k:0 down 611.00 , 24 mth 10.5k: 1k down 565-575.00, 24 mth 10.5k: 3k down 478-488.00.
    36mth 10.5k:0 down 552.562.00, 36mth 10.5k:1k down 521-531.00, 36mth 10.5 3k down 464-474.00

Do these numbers look about right he told me that it was .50 APR and 58% RV. This is a large volume dealership what are your thoughts? Thanks Brian
  • Options
    howie07 said:

I went to a dealer yesterday and asked for the payment price on a $46,000 explorer sport, 36/12 in NJ. The salesman came back with $615 a month and $1500 out of pocket to cover some taxes and fees. After negotiating with the sales manager who turned out to be very willing to deal, I ended up leasing it for $499 a month with 0 down. His first offer seems to have been based on full msrp, but coming down $115 a month and rolling all fees and taxes into the payment seems like a big discount. How good of a deal was it really? Here's all the numbers:

499 a month

$499/mo with tax is not a bad payment for a $46K vehicle. Enjoy your new Explorer!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    b431 said:

Looking for lease numbers on explorer platinum edition msrp 53915 sale price 51013
    need lease for 36month/12miles, and 24 months/12,000miles my state is 9% lease tax thank you

What state - Ford numbers are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    aukerusmc said:

I am looking at leasing 16 Sport with 401A , Moon-roof, and LED Fog Lights. Here is what the dealer sent over to me.... This is exactly what was listed on the sheet.

Purchase Price: 50,490
    24 mth 10.5k:0 down 611.00 , 24 mth 10.5k: 1k down 565-575.00, 24 mth 10.5k: 3k down 478-488.00.
    36mth 10.5k:0 down 552.562.00, 36mth 10.5k:1k down 521-531.00, 36mth 10.5 3k down 464-474.00

Do these numbers look about right he told me that it was .50 APR and 58% RV. This is a large volume dealership what are your thoughts? Thanks Brian

Looks like a purchase quote - tax is only applied to the monthly payment in Utah, to the best of my knowledge.

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    So with that being the case what should my payment look like. I do not plan to put any money down if at all possible I am just confused with the taxes listed on his purchase quote. What payment do you come up with your calculations? Thanks
  • Options
    aukerusmc said:

So with that being the case what should my payment look like. I do not plan to put any money down if at all possible I am just confused with the taxes listed on his purchase quote. What payment do you come up with your calculations? Thanks

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
  • Options

Purchase Price (MSRP) : 50,490

• Options
    aukerusmc said:

Purchase Price (MSRP) : 50,490

0.50% APR and 58% residual is correct for 36mo, 10.5K/yr.

If the $1000 covers first payment and fees, I get about $497/mo.+tax.

I didn't add in the tax as they did, because I think Utah taxes the monthly payment, not the selling price of the vehicle. If tax is about 7%, then thats about $20/mo. less than their 36/10 quote.

But, a lot of supposition there, because their lease quote isn't detailed with the CAP cost. Not too far off for guesstimating, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Michaell said:

howie07 said:

499 a month

$499/mo with tax is not a bad payment for a $46K vehicle. Enjoy your new Explorer!
    Thanks Michael! I just paid the first month $499 at the dealer and drove the new Explorer home, all the rest was rolled up into the payments. It felt like a very good deal at the time, thanks for confirming. It was a high volume dealer in NJ that I believe owns 5 dealerships around the state.
  • Options
    b431 said:

sorry in PA
  • Options
    need lease for 36month/12miles, and 24 months/12,000miles my state is 9% lease tax, state PA thank you
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    b431 said:

need lease for 36month/12miles, and 24 months/12,000miles my state is 9% lease tax, state PA thank you

0.25% APR and 63% residual
    0.50% APR and 54% residual

$719/mo. for 24
    $625/mo. for 36

Plus tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I got a true car quote that was less than the friend/neighbor deal will I still be able to get manufacture and dealer incentives for Black Friday i.e. 250 bonus cash? I am looking to make a deal tomorrow with a large volume dealership.
  • Options
    123ablack123ablack Member Posts: 76
    Can i get the RV and APR numbers for a 24 Month/12k Miles lease on a 2016 Explorer Limited 4WD (with Sunroof and 303A Equip Group). Thanks
  • Options
    aukerusmc said:

I got a true car quote that was less than the friend/neighbor deal will I still be able to get manufacture and dealer incentives for Black Friday i.e. 250 bonus cash? I am looking to make a deal tomorrow with a large volume dealership.

We don't know anything about true car

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    123ablack said:

Can i get the RV and APR numbers for a 24 Month/12k Miles lease on a 2016 Explorer Limited 4WD (with Sunroof and 303A Equip Group). Thanks

Which state? Ford numbers are regional

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Can I get the RV and APR for 16 4wd XLT 10.5K 36mth and 12k 36mth please?