Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• lvly777lvly777 Member Posts: 22
    You guys are great, really appreciate the explanation! I'm going to go back to him w/the 1st option & Use the equity to cover the required taxes and fees, and have a larger payment.
    So this should mean I would have $592 p/mth & have zero due at signing correct?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    lvly777 said:

You guys are great, really appreciate the explanation! I'm going to go back to him w/the 1st option & Use the equity to cover the required taxes and fees, and have a larger payment.
    So this should mean I would have $592 p/mth & have zero due at signing correct?

That's how I calculate it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gars1gars1 Member Posts: 11
    Can someone post January MF for 4 series coupe and gran coupe?
    gars1 said:

Sure - what engine, lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• koljan26koljan26 Member Posts: 91
    Michaell said:

gars1 said:

428i,xi both coupe and GC.15/30,15/36 and 15/39
    Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    koljan26 said:

Michaell said:

gars1 said:

428i,xi both coupe and GC.15/30,15/36 and 15/39
    Thanks!
    .00132 MF and 57% residual for 36/15. $1250 option allowance.

No 39 month term. 60% residual for 30/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bscardinbscardin Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I am looking for the latest MF and Residuals for 435i xDrive GC 12/30 and 12/36. Did they change recently?
    bscardin said:

Hi. I am looking for the latest MF and Residuals for 435i xDrive GC 12/30 and 12/36. Did they change recently?

.00132 MF and 62%/59% residual. $1250 option credit.

Current program began 01/05/16

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mryymryy Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2016
    Hi kyfdx, what are the MF and residual for 2016 428i Gran Coupe 10, 12/36 and 10, 12/30? Incentive? Thanks.
    mryy said:

Hi kyfdx, what are the MF and residual for 2016 428i Gran Coupe 10, 12/36 and 10, 12/30? Incentive? Thanks.

30/12 - 62%
    36/12 - 59%

Add 1% for 10K.

$1250 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jackb6946jackb6946 Member Posts: 26
    Hi kyfdx, can you tell me the residual and MF for the 435i convertible, automatic, 36/10k or 39/10k. thanks!
    jackb6946 said:

Hi kyfdx, can you tell me the residual and MF for the 435i convertible, automatic, 36/10k or 39/10k. thanks!

36/10

.00132 MF and 60% residual. $1250 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nashvegas6nashvegas6 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Cant figure out the big discrepancy bt 2 dealers;

2016 428i's

#1 MSRP: $51,530 / Lease 3 yr / 12K / $3,000 down / $575 / mo
    #2 MSRP: $49,595 / Lease 3 yr / 12K / $4,500 down / $637 / mo

Both have same - Prem, Tech, & Driver Asst Pack.

Am I close to good deal on #1? What is the RV and why is deal #2 out of line?

Cant figure out the big discrepancy bt 2 dealers;

2016 428i's

#1 MSRP: $51,530 / Lease 3 yr / 12K / $3,000 down / $575 / mo
    #2 MSRP: $49,595 / Lease 3 yr / 12K / $4,500 down / $637 / mo

Both have same - Prem, Tech, & Driver Asst Pack.

Am I close to good deal on #1? What is the RV and why is deal #2 out of line?

The monthly payment is mostly dependent on the selling price you negotiate. Also, dealers can mark up the money factor for extra profit.

Dealer #2 is obviously giving you a bad deal, but you will never know why, as long as you just ask for the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nashvegas6nashvegas6 Member Posts: 2
    #1 deal Selling price $45,250, $1,564 Down, $571.42 w tax Resid. $30,402, MF .00132 (MSRP $51,530)

#2 hasnt gotten back to me with selling price and why so high.

#1 deal Selling price $45,250, $1,564 Down, $571.42 w tax Resid. $30,402, MF .00132 (MSRP $51,530)

#2 hasnt gotten back to me with selling price and why so high.

For deal 1, I get $512/mo + tax - what state and tax rate is this? I would also ask the dealer what the net cap cost is - if different than the selling price, find out what's been added in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kdraregkdrareg Member Posts: 56
    Can you please verify this quote? I'm in Southern California.

2016 428i GC
    MSRP $47,845
    Sell price $41,280
    36/12K
    $2000 drive off
    $495/month with tax

RV - 59%
    MF - 0.00132

I like the offer already but it looks too good to be true. Am I missing something? Not sure where the $1250 option allowance was applied.

Thanks in advance.
    kdrareg said:

Can you please verify this quote? I'm in Southern California.

2016 428i GC
    MSRP $47,845
    Sell price $41,280
    36/12K
    $2000 drive off
    $495/month with tax

RV - 59%
    MF - 0.00132

I like the offer already but it looks too good to be true. Am I missing something? Not sure where the $1250 option allowance was applied.

Thanks in advance.

I get $454/mo.+tax, so pretty close.

I would assume the $1250 is incorporated into that big discount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kdraregkdrareg Member Posts: 56
    Thank you once again!
  • dutch1234dutch1234 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Hello, can you please provide, MF, Residual, and incentives for 2016 BMW 428i coupe. Zip is 94596. 36/10k.
    MSRP is $53,595
    thanks
    dutch1234 said:

Hello, can you please provide, MF, Residual, and incentives for 2016 BMW 428i coupe. Zip is 94596. 36/10k.
    MSRP is $53,595
    thanks

.00132 and 60%. $1250 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mryymryy Member Posts: 15
    I was told the Acquisition Fee is $925. Is it correct?
    mryy said:

I was told the Acquisition Fee is $925. Is it correct?

Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjxiv1215jjxiv1215 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2016
    Afternoon, guys.

I see the MF/residual for a 428i Gran Coupe at 36 mos/12k miles is at 0.00132 and 59% right now.

What is the MF & residual for the 435i GC this time, also at 36/12k?

Also, how much would the MF be affected by this being my first car lease? Credit score is 750-770 depending on the bureau. Will probably do $4k total out of pocket, $2000 "down" + all the other fees that will come up, reg/title/acq/taxes/document fee/etc. Thanks.
    jjxiv1215 said:

Afternoon, guys.

I see the MF/residual for a 428i Gran Coupe at 36 mos/12k miles is at 0.00132 and 59% right now.

What is the MF & residual for the 435i GC this time, also at 36/12k?

Also, how much would the MF be affected by this being my first car lease? Credit score is 750-770 depending on the bureau. Will probably do $4k total out of pocket, $2000 "down" + all the other fees that will come up, reg/title/acq/taxes/document fee/etc. Thanks.

Same numbers for all GC.

If you have any history of automobile loans, then your credit score should qualify you for the top tier MF.

We do not recommend making a down payment on a lease - that money is at risk if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Same numbers for all GC.

If you have any history of automobile loans, then your credit score should qualify you for the top tier MF.

We do not recommend making a down payment on a lease - that money is at risk if the car is stolen or totaled.

Thanks, Michaell.

Actually, I do not have any history of previous automobile loans at all. How much could the MF change by?

I'll do my numbers on paying only 2000 out of pocket to cover acq/reg/title/ etc fees.
    jjxiv1215 said:

Michaell said:

Same numbers for all GC.

Thanks, Michaell.

Actually, I do not have any history of previous automobile loans at all. How much could the MF change by?

I'll do my numbers on paying only 2000 out of pocket to cover acq/reg/title/ etc fees.
    It could increase by as much as .00060.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

jjxiv1215 said:

Michaell said:

Same numbers for all GC.

Thanks, Michaell.

That's almost an extra $50/month! BMW Financial sets that MF, correct? Or can the dealer raise it - I know they can't drop it below without using MSDs.
    jjxiv1215 said:

Michaell said:

jjxiv1215 said:

Michaell said:

Same numbers for all GC.

Thanks, Michaell.

That's almost an extra $50/month! BMW Financial sets that MF, correct? Or can the dealer raise it - I know they can't drop it below without using MSDs.
    The dealer can mark up the rate by .00040 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• westcoastwintrwestcoastwintr Member Posts: 26
    can you please provide mf and residual for 2016 435i xdrive? any option allowance? zip is 80126. thank you.

can you please provide mf and residual for 2016 435i xdrive? any option allowance? zip is 80126. thank you.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• westcoastwintrwestcoastwintr Member Posts: 26
    Michaell said:

36/10k. thanks

Michaell said:

36/10k. thanks
    .00132 and 60%. $1250 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shotzy4shotzy4 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2016
    Can you give the mf and residuals for 428ix 435ix both verts and 36/15. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all your help. and when are the current programs going to change?
    shotzy4 said:

Can you give the mf and residuals for 428ix 435ix both verts and 36/15. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all your help. and when are the current programs going to change?

.00132 and 57%. $1250 option allowance.

Current program is set to expire on 29 February 2016, but the numbers could change for next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shotzy4shotzy4 Member Posts: 20
    Thank you. If they are going to change. Do you know what date that change would occur?
    shotzy4 said:

Thank you. If they are going to change. Do you know what date that change would occur?

Probably after the beginning of February, but don't know for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Evening, guys - couple last questions.

I'm planning on ordering a car for lease to get exactly what I want. Of course, I know to agree on a sales price and getting signatures before leaving the dealership on an order. Since I'm not signing yet - how liable are the MFs and Residual values to change in the timeframe between ordering and signing the contract upon receipt?

How long does the order process ACTUALLY take? I'm hearing 6-8 weeks from my dealers.
    When is my credit run? Upon ordering, or upon contract signing? And by the dealer and BMWFS, or just the latter?
    Should I negotiate anything beyond the final sales price upon ordering?

Thanks in advance.
    jjxiv1215 said:

Evening, guys - couple last questions.

I'm planning on ordering a car for lease to get exactly what I want. Of course, I know to agree on a sales price and getting signatures before leaving the dealership on an order. Since I'm not signing yet - how liable are the MFs and Residual values to change in the timeframe between ordering and signing the contract upon receipt?

How long does the order process ACTUALLY take? I'm hearing 6-8 weeks from my dealers.
    When is my credit run? Upon ordering, or upon contract signing? And by the dealer and BMWFS, or just the latter?
    Should I negotiate anything beyond the final sales price upon ordering?

Thanks in advance.

You can lock in the current lease program for 60 days from current expiration. So, if you signed in early February, you would be locked through April. They will run your credit and approve you before ordering.

6-8 weeks seems about right, from what gets reported, here.

Get everything in writing, just as if you were taking delivery, today. Down to the last penny. That way, no surprises.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

You can lock in the current lease program for 60 days from current expiration. So, if you signed in early February, you would be locked through April. They will run your credit and approve you before ordering.

Get everything in writing, just as if you were taking delivery, today. Down to the last penny. That way, no surprises.

Got it. Do I have the option of having my credit run when the car arrives to get the March lease rates? Or does it have to be now, before ordering? I dont care either way, I just dont want my credit run multiple times.

Does the dealer run it, or BMWFS, or both?

Yes, from my numbers, I've got the car at 48945 MSRP. I'm aiming for 6% off MSRP at least, with $0 down. At 0.00132 and 59%, my 36/12k lease should run at $575+ tax. Acquisition/doc fees/reg/lic/tag I'll pay up front. TrueCar says I can get 7-8% off, so I'll lead off with that.
    jjxiv1215 said:

kyfdx said:

Got it. Do I have the option of having my credit run when the car arrives to get the March lease rates? Or does it have to be now, before ordering? I dont care either way, I just dont want my credit run multiple times.

Does the dealer run it, or BMWFS, or both?

Yes, from my numbers, I've got the car at 48945 MSRP. I'm aiming for 6% off MSRP at least, with $0 down. At 0.00132 and 59%, my 36/12k lease should run at $575+ tax. Acquisition/doc fees/reg/lic/tag I'll pay up front. TrueCar says I can get 7-8% off, so I'll lead off with that.
    I believe the credit is only run once, by the dealer. BMWFS is the bank funding the lease.

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    What is the Feb '16 MF and residual for 2016 435i, 12K/36 months? Thanks.
    kechal12 said:

What is the Feb '16 MF and residual for 2016 435i, 12K/36 months? Thanks.

Current numbers are set to expire 29 February ... .00132 and 59%. $1250 option credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bakerrrm2bakerrrm2 Member Posts: 96
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal? Looking at a 428i GC

Includes:
    M Sport
    Track handling
    Premium package
    Tech pack
    Driver assistance package
    HC sound system

Retail price $55,120
    Selling Price $51,345

36 mo/12k year

Quoted $690 per month with only first month due at signing. I live in South Carolina
    bakerrrm2 said:

Can you tell me if this is a good deal? Looking at a 428i GC

Includes:
    M Sport
    Track handling
    Premium package
    Tech pack
    Driver assistance package
    HC sound system

Retail price $55,120
    Selling Price $51,345

36 mo/12k year

Quoted $690 per month with only first month due at signing. I live in South Carolina

.00132 MF and 59% residual. $1250 option allowance.

$634/mo, if the selling price was the CAP cost.

To get to $690/mo, you need another $1950 added in.
    $925 acq.fee
    $300 SC sales tax (is it still that low?)

That leaves about $725 more... title/registration? Dealer fees?

A marked up money factor would add about $35/mo..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• awmus00awmus00 Member Posts: 2
    Hi There

I am totally new to Leasing and this is further complicated by the fact that its Dealer Demo car with 3800 miles on it. I have an offer and want to see if anyone think its good before I pull the trigger.

2016 435xi coupe Demo car with clean CarFax

MSRP: $65,070
    Mileage: 3800 miles
    Discounts : 8,363.03 (including $1250 option, $2000 spec B , $828.75 for miles, 4 month depreciation)
    Sale Price : $56,706.97
    Lease Term 36 Months ,
    Mileage 12,000/year
    Money Factor 0.00132
    Residual Factor 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $925.00
    Total Cap cost: $57,631.97 ( Sale Price + Acq Fees )
    Residual Value: $37,562.55
    Cap reduction: $0
    Base Monthly Payment: $683.14
    Tax: 6.25% = $42.70
    Monthly + Tax = $725.84

License, Title & Registration: My responsibility (Since car is out of state)
    Doc Fee+ Tire Fee + Insp Fee: $95.00
    Tax on Fees : $4.69
    Dealer Fees: Waived
    First Payment: $725.84
    Security Deposit: $0.00
    Cash on Delivery: $825.53 (my first payment+ Fees)

Do you think terms, Monthly payment and Sale Price are good. Is there any further room for improvement ?
    awmus00 said:

Hi There

I am totally new to Leasing and this is further complicated by the fact that its Dealer Demo car with 3800 miles on it. I have an offer and want to see if anyone think its good before I pull the trigger.

2016 435xi coupe Demo car with clean CarFax

MSRP: $65,070
    Mileage: 3800 miles
    Discounts : 8,363.03 (including $1250 option, $2000 spec B , $828.75 for miles, 4 month depreciation)
    Sale Price : $56,706.97
    Lease Term 36 Months ,
    Mileage 12,000/year
    Money Factor 0.00132
    Residual Factor 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $925.00
    Total Cap cost: $57,631.97 ( Sale Price + Acq Fees )
    Residual Value: $37,562.55
    Cap reduction: $0
    Base Monthly Payment: $683.14
    Tax: 6.25% = $42.70
    Monthly + Tax = $725.84

License, Title & Registration: My responsibility (Since car is out of state)
    Doc Fee+ Tire Fee + Insp Fee: $95.00
    Tax on Fees : $4.69
    Dealer Fees: Waived
    First Payment: $725.84
    Security Deposit: $0.00
    Cash on Delivery: $825.53 (my first payment+ Fees)

Do you think terms, Monthly payment and Sale Price are good. Is there any further room for improvement ?

Looks pretty good, when you factor in the deduction of the miles into the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jmalmskovjmalmskov Member Posts: 10
    Hey,

Can someone help me with the current MF and Residual value for a 2016 435I Convertible with 12K mileage and 36 mos lease?

Thank you.
    jmalmskov said:

Hey,

Can someone help me with the current MF and Residual value for a 2016 435I Convertible with 12K mileage and 36 mos lease?

Thank you.

.00132 and 59%. $1250 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jmalmskovjmalmskov Member Posts: 10
    Michaell said:

jmalmskov said:

Hey,

Thank you.

.00132 and 59%. $1250 option allowance.

thank you