Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Kia Sportage Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Just to be clear, when I start receiving the emails of dealer lease offers, I am going to want to have what all broken out explicitly?

Price, fees (broken out), incentives/rebates, tax, lease term, miles, money factor, residual value, total out-the-door payment, and total monthly amount due?

Yep, those will help you understand the deal better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hi...can I get the money factor and residual for Austin, TX for a 2017 Sportage LX and EX? Looking at 36 months and 12K or 15K miles. And the only applicable incentive I see is $750 lease cash, correct? Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    waltaz said:

Hi...can I get the money factor and residual for Austin, TX for a 2017 Sportage LX and EX? Looking at 36 months and 12K or 15K miles. And the only applicable incentive I see is $750 lease cash, correct? Thanks!

FWD or AWD?
    $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    right_turnright_turn Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2017
    Looking to lease a Kia Sportage EX 2017 AWD with Premium package (possibly with Tech package as well). 7% tax in Lake County IL, 36/12. Dealer offered $299 for Premium, $0 down and said he will through in the Tech package. I didn't think to ask if this price already includes sales tax, but assuming that it does. It does not include first month fee and DMV fees. Is this a good deal? 2018 models are coming out soon, perhaps I have a little bit more room to drive the price down?

I'm a newbie at leasing. If you can provide a money factor and residual info for my area that would also be much appreciated. I'd like to try cranking out the numbers through the Edmunds lease calculator.
  • Options
    And another question: I am deciding between getting Sportage EW with a Premium package, or getting a Tech on top of it. Am only considering a Tech because of the added navigation. Is the navigation worth it, or will I find myself using Google Maps on my phone for the most part?

I usually make my phone (which is an iPhone) multi task while driving - using it for GPS, listening to podcasts and talking on the phone. I am in a very old car so am using the phone simply mounted on the dashboard - there is no integration whatsoever with the car. As it stands now my use of the phone is very cumbersome and inconvenient. I have to keep manually handling it as I'm driving. Will things get easier if I integrate the phone with the Kia without a GPS, or should I splurge for the dedicated GPS feature by getting the Teck package?
  • Options

Looking to lease a Kia Sportage EX 2017 AWD with Premium package (possibly with Tech package as well). 7% tax in Lake County IL, 36/12. Dealer offered $299 for Premium, $0 down and said he will through in the Tech package. I didn't think to ask if this price already includes sales tax, but assuming that it does. It does not include first month fee and DMV fees. Is this a good deal? 2018 models are coming out soon, perhaps I have a little bit more room to drive the price down?

I'm a newbie at leasing. If you can provide a money factor and residual info for my area that would also be much appreciated. I'd like to try cranking out the numbers through the Edmunds lease calculator.

And another question: I am deciding between getting Sportage EW with a Premium package, or getting a Tech on top of it. Am only considering a Tech because of the added navigation. Is the navigation worth it, or will I find myself using Google Maps on my phone for the most part?

I usually make my phone (which is an iPhone) multi task while driving - using it for GPS, listening to podcasts and talking on the phone. I am in a very old car so am using the phone simply mounted on the dashboard - there is no integration whatsoever with the car. As it stands now my use of the phone is very cumbersome and inconvenient. I have to keep manually handling it as I'm driving. Will things get easier if I integrate the phone with the Kia without a GPS, or should I splurge for the dedicated GPS feature by getting the Teck package?

.00129 and 65%. $750 lease cash.

Need to know the MSRP and selling price to figure the payment

Regarding the tech package, that's a personal decision. In my humble opinion, if you're going to get the nav system, you're better off leasing, because who knows how far the in-car tech will progress in the next 3 years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    thank you. What does "$750 lease cash" mean?
  • Options

thank you. What does "$750 lease cash" mean?

It's a factory to dealer incentive - use the knowledge to negotiate your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    murphy24murphy24 Member Posts: 16
    Hello, Sorry to be such a Noob. I'm in Cleveland Ohio and I'm looking at a new 17 Sportage SX AWD. The wife and I test drove it and our salesman is going to get back to us in the morning with some numbers. We're going to go 3yr/12k and I'd like to know how do I or where do I go on the site to get an idea of what my lease rate should be about? I'm not sure what to do with the numbers I see you provide. Thanks!
  • Options
    murphy24 said:

Hello, Sorry to be such a Noob. I'm in Cleveland Ohio and I'm looking at a new 17 Sportage SX AWD. The wife and I test drove it and our salesman is going to get back to us in the morning with some numbers. We're going to go 3yr/12k and I'd like to know how do I or where do I go on the site to get an idea of what my lease rate should be about? I'm not sure what to do with the numbers I see you provide. Thanks!

The dealer will give you a payment - you want to negotiate the selling price.

Use this article to plug in all the numbers to get a payment:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tburke22tburke22 Member Posts: 21
    Michael,

We are located in Boston, MA and can also buy in RI.

We are considering Leasing 2 cars with a trade-in. Here is the info:

Trade-in = 2013 Sorento EX AWD 4-cyl with 119,000 miles. Newer tires, fine mechanical condition and well-maintained. I have on-line trade-in numbers from $12k all the way down to $7,800 -- So, I will assume $8k to be on the safe side.

First Car = 2017 Sportage SX AWD with remote engine start and floor mats only. Doing 36mo and 12,000mi/yr

Second Car = 2017 Rio LX automatic with floor mats only. Could do 36mo and 10,000mi/yr

I know you say never put money down on a lease, but we need a 3rd car and the Sorento really is ready to be traded in.

I am thinking we apply the "trade" value to the Sportage to bring that number way down as the Rio will be cheap enough -- can you give us some advice and the critical numbers such as MF and residuals for MA and RI.

Thanks.
  • Options
    prospectivesuvprospectivesuv Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2017
    Hi there...
    Going to be leasing
    Indiana April MF and RV for 36 mo/12K mi
    2017 Kia Sportage LX AWD (would get with Popular & Cool pkgs)
    2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD (would get with at least Premium pkg, maybe add Tech too if deal is good)
    Also, any info on the April incentives (for me or the dealer) and if any will be added late in the month
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    tburke22 said:

Michael,

We are located in Boston, MA and can also buy in RI.

We are considering Leasing 2 cars with a trade-in. Here is the info:

Trade-in = 2013 Sorento EX AWD 4-cyl with 119,000 miles. Newer tires, fine mechanical condition and well-maintained. I have on-line trade-in numbers from $12k all the way down to $7,800 -- So, I will assume $8k to be on the safe side.

First Car = 2017 Sportage SX AWD with remote engine start and floor mats only. Doing 36mo and 12,000mi/yr

Second Car = 2017 Rio LX automatic with floor mats only. Could do 36mo and 10,000mi/yr

I know you say never put money down on a lease, but we need a 3rd car and the Sorento really is ready to be traded in.

I am thinking we apply the "trade" value to the Sportage to bring that number way down as the Rio will be cheap enough -- can you give us some advice and the critical numbers such as MF and residuals for MA and RI.

Thanks.

Just because you have a trade in doesn't mean you 'have' to use it for the lease - the dealer can cut you a check for any equity you don't use for up front costs. Any money or equity you put in up front would be at risk if the car was stolen or totaled before the end of the lease.

Lease numbers for Kia expire today - new program numbers released tomorrow, though it may be a day or two before we see them.

Sportage SX AWD 36/12 - .00139 and 65%. $750 lease cash

No lease numbers on the 2017 Rio, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Hi there...
    Going to be leasing
    Indiana April MF and RV for 36 mo/12K mi
    2017 Kia Sportage LX AWD (would get with Popular & Cool pkgs)
    2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD (would get with at least Premium pkg, maybe add Tech too if deal is good)
    Also, any info on the April incentives (for me or the dealer) and if any will be added late in the month
    Thanks in advance

Kia program numbers expire today; new program starts tomorrow. May be a day or two before we see the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Please be something good...

I would really like to one this month.
  • Options

I would really like to one this month.

36/12
    LX AWD - .00117 and 65%
    EX AWD - .00129 and 65%

$750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dontknownowdontknownow Member Posts: 43
    New April rates, for top tier credit, Sportage SX AWD: MF, residual? Lease origination fee??

Ay idea when 2018 models hit? We can wait until July, Aug, even Sept.

Thank you!
  • Options

New April rates, for top tier credit, Sportage SX AWD: MF, residual? Lease origination fee??

Ay idea when 2018 models hit? We can wait until July, Aug, even Sept.

Thank you!

What state? Kia numbers are regional.

No information on release date of 2018 models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    m9j5c_1984m9j5c_1984 Member Posts: 82
    May I get the residual, money factor, and any incentives on a SX AWD in DC?
    24 months/12k and 36months/12k? Thanks
  • Options

May I get the residual, money factor, and any incentives on a SX AWD in DC?
    24 months/12k and 36months/12k? Thanks

24/12 - .00124 and 70%. $1000 lease cash
    36/12 - .00157 and 65%. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    m9j5c_1984m9j5c_1984 Member Posts: 82
    Thanks, interesting that they're the same as last month.
  • Options

Thanks, interesting that they're the same as last month.

Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I am starting to get offers from the dealers I emailed,  but only sending me the monthly payment.   What all should I have them provide to me?
  • Options

I am starting to get offers from the dealers I emailed,  but only sending me the monthly payment.   What all should I have them provide to me?

MSRP
    Selling price
    Adjusted CAP cost
    money factor
    residual
    Amount due at signing
    Payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    OK...first numbers coming in on 2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD in Indiana w/ Premium pkg, mud guards, carpet floor mats, cargo mat
    Best offer so far
    MSRP $30,325
    Selling Price $29,044
    Rebate $750
    Residual Value $ 19,711
    Total amount cash due at signing $2,000 and Trade with clear title $500
    Payment is $284.00

Threw it in the calculator and came out lower ($244) guessing he left off title & other fees and/or acquisition fees or MF is different (he didn't list it in his email)
    1) does this sound like a good deal
    2) anyone heard anything about a slightly better deal post Easter? carsdirect.com/2017/kia/sportage?utm_source=cdpi&utm_campaign=insider-update&utm_medium=email&utm_content=body-full-analysis
    "The current deals are in place through May 1, 2017. However, as we near the Easter holiday on April 16, we may see some changes."
  • Options

OK...first numbers coming in on 2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD in Indiana w/ Premium pkg, mud guards, carpet floor mats, cargo mat
    Best offer so far
    MSRP $30,325
    Selling Price $29,044
    Rebate $750
    Residual Value $ 19,711
    Total amount cash due at signing $2,000 and Trade with clear title $500
    Payment is $284.00

Threw it in the calculator and came out lower ($244) guessing he left off title & other fees and/or acquisition fees or MF is different (he didn't list it in his email)
    1) does this sound like a good deal
    2) anyone heard anything about a slightly better deal post Easter? carsdirect.com/2017/kia/sportage?utm_source=cdpi&utm_campaign=insider-update&utm_medium=email&utm_content=body-full-analysis
    "The current deals are in place through May 1, 2017. However, as we near the Easter holiday on April 16, we may see some changes."

Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is, and how they arrived at that number from the selling price.

Also, get a full accounting of what the $2000 covers.

We recommend only giving the dealer the first month's payment and the state DMV costs at signing - roll all the other fees into the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michael - some help please on these 2 leases proposals in Massachusetts:

2017 Sportage SX AWD with Carpeted Floor Mats and Remote Starter on 36/12 lease:
    MSRP $35,615
    Selling Price $33,508
    Kia Lease Cash $750
    Doc Fee $399
    Registration & Inspection $170
    MF .00139
    Residual 65%
    $375/mo with $550 Due at signing

2017 Kia Forte LX Automatic with Floor Mats and "Popular Pckg" on 36/10 lease:
    MSRP $19,650
    Selling Price $18,483
    Kia Lease Cash $3,000
    Doc Fee $399
    MF .0029%
    Residual 53%
    $206/mo with amount Due at signing - ??
  • Options
    tburke22 said:

Michael - some help please on these 2 leases proposals in Massachusetts:

2017 Sportage SX AWD with Carpeted Floor Mats and Remote Starter on 36/12 lease:
    MSRP $35,615
    Selling Price $33,508
    Kia Lease Cash $750
    Doc Fee $399
    MF .00139
    Residual 65%
    $375/mo with $550 Due at signing

2017 Kia Forte LX Automatic with Floor Mats and "Popular Pckg" on 36/10 lease:
    MSRP $19,650
    Selling Price $18,483
    Kia Lease Cash $3,000
    Doc Fee $399
    MF .0029%
    Residual 53%
    $206/mo with amount Due at signing - ??

I confirm the money factors and residuals. (.00029 for the Forte)
    Of course, it would be easier to just have the adjusted CAP cost, as I see no provision for the acquisition fee.
    However, the calculations look very close. I would assume they are correct, if we had all the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Michael,

I was just told by a Dealer is Mass that the MF on a 2017 Forte LX lease is .0007 not .00029.

Doing a 36/10.

Can you please confirm -- Thanks,
  • Options
    tburke22 said:

Michael,

I was just told by a Dealer is Mass that the MF on a 2017 Forte LX lease is .0007 not .00029.

Doing a 36/10.

Can you please confirm -- Thanks,

.00029. Maximum dealer markup (for extra profit) is .00042 (total .00071)

Don't you think it's strange that they gave you .0029 at first? (even with the missing zero?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    In Indiana and here is the best offers I got...36 months, 12,000 miles...2000 down...500 trade in (2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4WD with 235,000 miles...not getting much better)

2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD w/ Premium 
    MSRP 30,330
    Sale price 27,735
    Adjusted CAP cost 26,022.11
    MF .00129
    Residual 19,714.50
    Down pay 2,000
    Monthy 250.60

2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD w/ Premium & Tech
    MSRP 33,225
    Sale price 30,425
    Adjusted CAP cost 28,741.32
    MF .00129
    Residual 21,596.25
    Down pay 2,000
    Monthly 281.85

All tax title fees included

Pretty good deal?  My next best deal on the first one is 274 a month and on the second one 310 a month...worst are 299 and 354
  • Options

In Indiana and here is the best offers I got...36 months, 12,000 miles...2000 down...500 trade in (2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4WD with 235,000 miles...not getting much better)

MSRP 30,330
    Sale price 27,735
    MF .00129
    Residual 19,714.50
    Down pay 2,000
    Monthy 250.60

MSRP 33,225
    Sale price 30,425
    MF .00129
    Residual 21,596.25
    Down pay 2,000
    Monthly 281.85

Pretty good deal?  My next best deal on the first one is 274 a month and on the second one 310 a month...worst are 299 and 354

I agree with the payment on both those deals

Which one do you like better?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Michaell said:

MSRP 30,330
    Sale price 27,735
    MF .00129
    Residual 19,714.50
    Down pay 2,000
    Monthy 250.60

MSRP 33,225
    Sale price 30,425
    MF .00129
    Residual 21,596.25
    Down pay 2,000
    Monthly 281.85

I agree with the payment on both those deals

Which one do you like better?
    Actually, that is what I am trying to decide. Only $31.25/month difference. My plan would be to buy at the end of the lease and only $1,881.75 more on the residual value...all due to a $2,900 additional package that includes good safety features...kind of hard to pass that up. So probably the premium and tech, even though the original plan was the plain EX or possibly add the Premium, but that was when the first quote I got on an LX with popular and cool was going to be $250/mo. Also, no one had a better rate, but I will try to see if the more convenient (closer) dealer can match it.

I do want to thank you guys here for all your help as I researched and priced this the CX-5, the CR-V, the Tucson, the Rogue, etc.

I really learned a lot.
  • Options
    lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    Do you have April numbers for texas? MF, Residual and any lease cash? 24/12. 36/12. This is for SX AWD and FWD. Thanks.
  • Options
    lwv said:

Do you have April numbers for texas? MF, Residual and any lease cash? 24/12. 36/12. This is for SX AWD and FWD. Thanks.

24/12
    SX FWD - .00094 and 68%
    SX AWD - .00124 and 70%
    $1000 lease cash

36/12
    SX FWD - .00143 and 63%
    SX AWD - .00157 and 65%
    $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Did anyone ever hear about the possible incentive changes for them in April post-Easter?
  • Options

Did anyone ever hear about the possible incentive changes for them in April post-Easter?

If there are mid-month changes or updates to the numbers, we wouldn't know about them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thank you for the Texas MF, Residual and lease cash information
  • Options
    tadhgttadhgt Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2017
    Hi all -- can I get MF, residuals and any lease specials 24/10k (or 12k), 36/10k (or 12k) for SX AWD in Washington state? Excellent credit.
  • Options
    tadhgt said:

Hi all -- can I get MF, residuals and any lease specials 24/10k (or 12k), 36/10k (or 12k) for SX AWD in Washington state? Excellent credit.

24/12: .00124 MF and 70% residual. $1000 lease cash (no 24/10 program)
    36/12: .00157 MF and 65% residual. $750 lease cash
    36/10: Add 1%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Do you have May res, mf and any lease cash for Texas 77845 for SX fwd and awd? 24/12 and 36/12.
  • Options
    lwv said:

Do you have May res, mf and any lease cash for Texas 77845 for SX fwd and awd? 24/12 and 36/12.

24/12
    SX FWD - .00103 and 66%
    SX AWD - .00131 and 68%
    $1750 lease cash

36/12
    SX FWD - .00152 and 61%
    SX AWD - .00164 and 63%
    $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thank you Michaell for the lease information.
  • Options
    lucyredlucyred Member Posts: 95
    Hi can you please give me the MF/Residual for Kia sportage awd FX in NY for 12/36 and any incentives.
  • Options
    lucyred said:

Hi can you please give me the MF/Residual for Kia sportage awd FX in NY for 12/36 and any incentives.

I'll assume you meant EX :smile:

.00146 and 63%

$1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kostertagkostertag Member Posts: 13
    Hi I am looking for the Sportage SX in NJ 15/36. Thanks
  • Options
    kostertag said:

Hi I am looking for the Sportage SX in NJ 15/36. Thanks

Assuming AWD?

.00145 MF and 61% residual
    $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tm55417tm55417 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    Looking at leasing a Sportage SX turbo AWD in Minneapolis. Wondering what the numbers are for our area. Thinking 36/10k. Thanks
  • Options
    tm55417 said:

Looking at leasing a Sportage SX turbo AWD in Minneapolis. Wondering what the numbers are for our area. Thinking 36/10k. Thanks

.00164 MF and 64% residual
    $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    para_bellumpara_bellum Member Posts: 4
    Could you tell me the MF, RV, and any lease cash for 2017 Sportage LX in Salem, Oregon? TIA