Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 BMW X1 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    jl321123 said:

Hello, I could really use some quick input :)

Can you please tell me your thoughts on this deal:
    2017 X1 xDrive 328i
    MSRP 45,840
    Sale Price 41,000
    MF 0.00139
    7 MSDs
    RF: .58
    Term: 36mo
    Mi: 15k

Tax (VA): 2,502
    "Fees": 2,026

Month 1: 627

Are the taxes and fees being paid up front or added into the selling price?

MF is marked up the max allowed, even after accounting for the MSDs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jl321123jl321123 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks so much for the swift reply! Yeah, I suspected that about the MF - I believe the upfront fees are rolled in, including tax. This is my first time negotiating a lease, so at this point, I'm not quite sure what to ask for and what could possibly be reduced...any tips?
    jl321123 said:

Thanks so much for the swift reply! Yeah, I suspected that about the MF - I believe the upfront fees are rolled in, including tax. This is my first time negotiating a lease, so at this point, I'm not quite sure what to ask for and what could possibly be reduced...any tips?

Politely tell the dealer you won't sign a deal where the MF is inflated. They know the base rate.

Then, negotiate 7% off the MSRP, before adding in the taxes and fees.

Limit your up front cash to just the first payment and DMV costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I really appreciate the advice! The advertised sales price was about 7% off the MSRP and I got it down a little more to a total of 10.55% off it. I will definitely go back about the MF. Should it ideally be 0.0039 - (0.00007 * 7 MSDs)?
    jl321123 said:

I really appreciate the advice! The advertised sales price was about 7% off the MSRP and I got it down a little more to a total of 10.55% off it. I will definitely go back about the MF. Should it ideally be 0.0039 - (0.00007 * 7 MSDs)?

Sorry, the base rate this month is .00146 - .00097 after MSD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Gotcha. Provided that they lower the MF to 0.00146-0.00097 (will see if they budge), on a scale of deals, would this one just be considered a moderate one? Just trying to gauge how good/not good it is.
    jl321123 said:

Gotcha. Provided that they lower the MF to 0.00146-0.00097 (will see if they budge), on a scale of deals, would this one just be considered a moderate one? Just trying to gauge how good/not good it is.

Over 10% off sticker and the base MF? That's a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Whew, first-timer success :) thanks, Michaell!
  • billbossbillboss Member Posts: 23
    In regards to the Fleet Program discount, is there a discount on the MF also? Or is it only the $2,500 incentive? Thanks!
    billboss said:

In regards to the Fleet Program discount, is there a discount on the MF also? Or is it only the $2,500 incentive? Thanks!

.00020 MF discount for fleet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The dealer told me the fleet is only $1,500 discount for lease. Is that true? I thought it was $2,500.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    billboss said:

The dealer told me the fleet is only $1,500 discount for lease. Is that true? I thought it was $2,500.

We don't have info on the fleet program, other than what other members have mentioned. They usually say $1500. It appears the X1 might have a $1000 market allowance from BMW in some regions, this month, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• eerriicceerriicc Member Posts: 17
    Can I get the MF and RV for a x1sDrive 28i for a 36/10 and 36/12 for Southern California?

Also are there any incentives right now?
    eerriicc said:

Can I get the MF and RV for a x1sDrive 28i for a 36/10 and 36/12 for Southern California?

Also are there any incentives right now?

.00146 and 61% / 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Any updates for May numbers? 10k miles for 36 months xdrive28i. Also, any new incentives? Thanks!
    billboss said:

Any updates for May numbers? 10k miles for 36 months xdrive28i. Also, any new incentives? Thanks!

.00150 MF and 61% residual
    $1000 lease credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kogumakoguma Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2017
    MF and RV for 2017 X1 xDrive28, 24 months/10k miles please
    koguma said:

MF and RV for 2017 X1 xDrive28, 24 months/10k miles please

.00150 and 67%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• preppedafpreppedaf Member Posts: 10
    1st time lease...this is the opening deal from my dealer. Hows it look? 2017 x1 fwd Arizona. 36/12

MSRP 41,090
    discount 3557 / selling price 37532
    510 doc
    925 acquisition
    556 license
    gross cap 38,856
    (cap cost reduction)
    customer cash 3000
    rebates 1000
    amt applied upfront 1787
    total cap reduction 2712
    net cap cost 36,701
    residual .6 / 24.654
    MF .00160

total ca reduction 2261
    upfrontcharges 1278
    initial payment 4000
    due on del 3000
    tax included 459

***Note, they have since sweetened the deal to 2500 due at Del, 444 p/mo (with tax) and a $500 parts dept gift card. I just dont have the updated info above.

preppedaf said:

1st time lease...this is the opening deal from my dealer. Hows it look? 2017 x1 fwd Arizona. 36/12

MSRP 41,090
    discount 3557 / selling price 37532
    510 doc
    925 acquisition
    556 license
    gross cap 38,856
    (cap cost reduction)
    customer cash 3000
    rebates 1000
    amt applied upfront 1787
    total cap reduction 2712
    net cap cost 36,701
    residual .6 / 24.654
    MF .00160

total ca reduction 2261
    upfrontcharges 1278
    initial payment 4000
    due on del 3000
    tax included 459

***Note, they have since sweetened the deal to 2500 due at Del, 444 p/mo (with tax) and a $500 parts dept gift card. I just dont have the updated info above.

Money factor is bumped up slightly from .00150 (adds about $7/mo.)
    The discount looks good, but some of the figures don't add up.
    $37,532 selling price + $1991 in fees doesn't equal gross CAP of $38,856
    So, something there isn't added to the gross CAP, but is included in the "amt applied upfront" number.
    Then, upfronts and total CAP reduction are listed twice, but two different numbers?

Knocking $500 off, plus dropping the payment by $15/mo. is a $1000 savings over original quote, so it looks like a decent deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• preppedafpreppedaf Member Posts: 10
    heres where I am..

• wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    What screen shot is that from? Some kind of lease calculator?
    preppedaf said:

heres where I am..

It looks good from here..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

wco81 said:

What screen shot is that from? Some kind of lease calculator?

That is a screenshot of the deal on the dealer's computer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

jl321123 said:

Politely tell the dealer you won't sign a deal where the MF is inflated. They know the base rate.

Do the same rules apply for Euro Delivery?

For instance, would I ask for 7% off MSRP before the Euro Delivery discount or savings indicated here:

https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bmwusa/European_Delivery/2017/EuropeanDelivery_PricingPDF_11212016.pdf

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a Euro Delivery date in late August, so I may have to go with model year 2018. So dealers may not be willing to discount much at the start of the new model year.
    wco81 said:

Michaell said:

jl321123 said:

For instance, would I ask for 7% off MSRP before the Euro Delivery discount or savings indicated here:

https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bmwusa/European_Delivery/2017/EuropeanDelivery_PricingPDF_11212016.pdf

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a Euro Delivery date in late August, so I may have to go with model year 2018. So dealers may not be willing to discount much at the start of the new model year.
    ED is a completely different ballgame. Different MF (add .00030 to the MF, but the 2nd lease payment is waived), and the discount is fixed, as you've noted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

wco81 said:

Michaell said:

jl321123 said:

ED invoice is 5% less than US delivery invoice. Factor that into your offers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What do you mean by "the 2nd lease payment is waived"?

The second monthly payment?

Or some payment at the end of the lease when you turn in the car?
    wco81 said:

What do you mean by "the 2nd lease payment is waived"?

The second monthly payment?

Or some payment at the end of the lease when you turn in the car?

The second monthly payment - as the car will be in transit from Europe to the US at that time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• arazozaarazoza Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2017
    I was given this deal by a South Florida BMW dealership.

45,800 MSRP
    $5,098 capcost reduction
    $40,747 final price

$539/mo (Tax included)
    $967.18 due at signing (inceptions)

Doc Fee $699 rolled into lease

Is this a good deal?

arazoza said:

45,800 MSRP
    $5,098 capcost reduction
    $40,747 final price

$539/mo (Tax included)

Is this a good deal?

The discount looks good, assuming that is actually the adjusted CAP cost, but I don't think it includes the dealer fee or the acquisition fee.

To get to that payment, I have to add the $699 dealer fee and the $925 acquisition fee to that $40,747 "final price". Even that doesn't do it, so I assumed they marked up the money factor, from .00150 to .00180. You'll notice the money factor isn't disclosed anywhere.
    With an adjusted CAP cost of $42,371 and a money factor of .00180, I get a payment of $502.94/mo.+tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm wondering if it's at all useful to multiply the monthly payments by 36 and add the upfront cost to get the total lease cost and use that to compare different lease deals.

Of course leases have different terms, such as annual miles and different options which can raise the MSRP by 20% or more over the base price.

But if you see one X1 lease with a total of $17000 and another X1 lease has a total cost of $18200, would that raw comparison be a good starting point?

Maybe the second one has more options or higher MF or both. Or taxes are higher.
    wco81 said:

I'm wondering if it's at all useful to multiply the monthly payments by 36 and add the upfront cost to get the total lease cost and use that to compare different lease deals.

Of course leases have different terms, such as annual miles and different options which can raise the MSRP by 20% or more over the base price.

But if you see one X1 lease with a total of $17000 and another X1 lease has a total cost of $18200, would that raw comparison be a good starting point?

Maybe the second one has more options or higher MF or both. Or taxes are higher.

If you are using the data gleaned from posts on these forums, your thoughts are exactly correct. Each deal is different - residual, MF (though ideally not) and, most importantly, taxes and fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• eyorriolseyorriols Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I am in NJ leasing a car in NY using fleet program. I had a quick phone call with the dealer so I don't have all the info yet but below are the high level details. This does seem like a good deal on the surface?? Looking to visit them Monday so any quick help is much aooreciated! Thanks!

X1 xDrive 28i S
    Cold weather package
    Driving assistance package
    Panoramic moonroof
    Navigation business
    Sirius radio

MSRP - $40,850
    Lease payment - $345
    Lease term - 36 mos/10K miles
    COD - $2800 - includes taxes, fees, first month payment, etc.
    Wow that seems like a good deal. COD plus all the payments add up to less than $15000.
    wco81 said:

Wow that seems like a good deal. COD plus all the payments add up to less than $15000.

Thanks so much. Feel better about the deal now!!
    Well I'd wait for the mods to weigh in first. I'm just doing a crude evaluation of your total costs, assuming there are sent other fees or taxes they throw at you last minute.
    Yeah agree but appreciate the starting point. Hopefully they don't pull that game.

kyfdx said:

45,800 MSRP
    $5,098 capcost reduction
    $40,747 final price

$539/mo (Tax included)

Is this a good deal?

The discount looks good, assuming that is actually the adjusted CAP cost, but I don't think it includes the dealer fee or the acquisition fee.

To get to that payment, I have to add the $699 dealer fee and the $925 acquisition fee to that $40,747 "final price". Even that doesn't do it, so I assumed they marked up the money factor, from .00150 to .00180. You'll notice the money factor isn't disclosed anywhere.
    With an adjusted CAP cost of $42,371 and a money factor of .00180, I get a payment of $502.94/mo.+tax.

What should I be negotiating at this point? Normalize money factor? Cap cost? Dealer fee?

Thanks,

Daniel
    eyorriols said:

Hi, I am in NJ leasing a car in NY using fleet program. I had a quick phone call with the dealer so I don't have all the info yet but below are the high level details. This does seem like a good deal on the surface?? Looking to visit them Monday so any quick help is much aooreciated! Thanks!

X1 xDrive 28i S
    Cold weather package
    Panoramic moonroof
    Navigation business
    Sirius radio

MSRP - $40,850
    Lease payment - $345

Yeah.. that looks great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

arazoza said:

kyfdx said:

arazoza said:

45,800 MSRP

$5,098 capcost reduction

$40,747 final price

$539/mo (Tax included)

Is this a good deal?

What should I be negotiating at this point? Normalize money factor? Cap cost? Dealer fee?

Thanks,

Daniel

I'd start with the base MF, and a price reduction of $700. (no point in trying to negotiate the actual fee).
    See where that gets you.

If they ask you what you want, tell them the same amount of money upfront, but $499/mo. That probably won't happen, but might end up saving $15-$30/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

arazoza said:

kyfdx said:

arazoza said:

45,800 MSRP

$5,098 capcost reduction

$40,747 final price

$539/mo (Tax included)

Is this a good deal?

Thanks,

Daniel
    I'd start with the base MF, and a price reduction of $700. (no point in trying to negotiate the actual fee).
    See where that gets you.

If they ask you what you want, tell them the same amount of money upfront, but $499/mo. That probably won't happen, but might end up saving $15-$30/mo.

----
    Got them down to $528/mo. I still am not convinced that this is a good deal on their entry level SUV. I am getting a $49k Lexus RX 350 for $523/mo.
  • pk23322pk23322 Member Posts: 31
    Just received a MF .00186 for X1 at MSRP of 39,895. Is the MF inflated, if so what should the MF be?
    pk23322 said:

Just received a MF .00186 for X1 at MSRP of 39,895. Is the MF inflated, if so what should the MF be?

.00150 is the base MF, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pk23322pk23322 Member Posts: 31
    Thoughts on this deal?
    edited May 2017
    pk23322 said:

Thoughts on this deal?

The calculations are correct. Base money factor of .00150
    5.4% discount.. I'd look for something closer to 7% (another $600-$700 off)

My quibble would be with $1376 of inception fees, when the acquisition fee has already been added to the CAP cost. $487 of that is the first payment, but what is the other $900?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• boyafraidboyafraid Member Posts: 8
    First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum. What I learned here was invaluable. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and am very happy with my deal. Posting here for reference:
    2017 X1 sDrive28i with 2,885 miles (loaner)
    36 months / 10,000 miles per year
    Southern California

MSRP: $44,680.00
    Sale Price: $37,774.00
    Gross Cap Cost: $38,699.00
    Cap Reduction: $ 1,800.88
    Net Cap Cost: $36,898.12
    Residual Value: $26,512.15 (mileage allowance)
    Depreciation: $10,385.97
    Money Factor: 0.0015
    Rent Charge: $ 3,424.35
    Lease Payments: 36
    Base Payment: $ 383.62
    Taxes: $ 29.73 (7.75%)
    Total Payment: $ 413.35

Due at signing: $ 2,492.00
    Rebate: $ 1,000.00
    Cash Due: $ 1,492.00
    Any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks!
    boyafraid said:

First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum. What I learned here was invaluable. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and am very happy with my deal. Posting here for reference:

2017 X1 sDrive28i with 2,885 miles (loaner)
    36 months / 10,000 miles per year
    Southern California

MSRP: $44,680.00
    Sale Price: $37,774.00
    Gross Cap Cost: $38,699.00
    Cap Reduction: $ 1,800.88
    Net Cap Cost: $36,898.12
    Residual Value: $26,512.15 (mileage allowance)
    Depreciation: $10,385.97
    Money Factor: 0.0015
    Rent Charge: $ 3,424.35
    Lease Payments: 36
    Base Payment: $ 383.62
    Taxes: $ 29.73 (7.75%)
    Total Payment: $ 413.35

Due at signing: $ 2,492.00
    Rebate: $ 1,000.00
    Cash Due: $ 1,492.00
    Any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks!
    $1492 due at signing and $413/mo is an outstanding deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I got these details on the phone from the dealer so don't have much more detail, but can you please let me know how this deal looks?

X1 xDrive 28i S
    Cold weather package
    Panoramic moonroof

MSRP - $39,895
    Lease payment - $320
    eyorriols said:

I got these details on the phone from the dealer so don't have much more detail, but can you please let me know how this deal looks?

X1 xDrive 28i S
    Cold weather package
    Panoramic moonroof

MSRP - $39,895
    Lease payment - $320

What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator