Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 BMW 3-Series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    octoucan said:

What should be the "Selling Price" off sticker on a 2017 M3? The car I'm looking to lease is a 2017 M3 with comp package and MSRP is $74,000. What would invoice be on this car?

Also, what is the RV and MF for 36 months / 10K miles per year?

Invoice is about 7% off MSRP. Can't tell you what they might sell for.

.00134 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    malleymalmalleymal Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2017
    Hello guys...great to read all of this info.  

Hope that you can help.  Looking to get a 2017 BMW 320i xdrive.  WIth all of the options it the cost of the vehicle is 42,690.  

I am in NJ so the sales tax is 7%.  The lease offer I was given was 36 months / 10,000 miles.  I was approved For corporate fleet rate.  It taxes, fees, down payment and first month come s out the 2300 and then it is 380 a month.  

What information do I need to figure out if this is a good deal?  Do you know the residual % and MF. Thanks in advance for all of you right help?  
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    malleymal said:

Hope that you can help.  Looking to get a 2017 BMW 320i xdrive.  WIth all of the options it the cost of the vehicle is 42,690.  

I am in NJ so the sales tax is 7%.  The lease offer I was given was 36 months / 10,000 miles.  I was approved For corporate fleet rate.  It taxes, fees, down payment and first month come s out the 2300 and then it is 380 a month.  

What information do I need to figure out if this is a good deal?  Do you know the residual % and MF. Thanks in advance for all of you right help?  

.00134 and 62% for 36/10

We need to know the selling price to figure the payment.

We suggest you only pay the first payment and DMV costs up front - add everything else into the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Michaell said:

.00134 and 62% for 36/10 We need to know the selling price to figure the payment. We suggest you only pay the first payment and DMV costs up front - add everything else into the lease.
    36,841 net price and 1642 in fees .  

I originally received my quote of 380 with 2300 total out of pocket.  380 of that going to my first payment.  
  • Options
    malleymal said:

Michaell said:

.00134 and 62% for 36/10

We need to know the selling price to figure the payment.

We suggest you only pay the first payment and DMV costs up front - add everything else into the lease.

36,841 net price and 1642 in fees .  

I originally received my quote of 380 with 2300 total out of pocket.  380 of that going to my first payment.  

I get $373/mo. if $36,841 is the adjusted CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks so much for your help! I went with the purchase. I appreciate !
  • Options
    prismaticbarprismaticbar Member Posts: 4
    Hello. If possible, I'd like to know the MF and residual for a 2017 330Xi Sport Wagon, for 36/10 and 36/12 (I'm in CA).

Also, are there any additional incetives out at the moment which would apply to the Sport Wagon?

I keep reading about 10% discounts for other BMW models at the moment and am wondering if it's reasonable to shoot for that on a wagon as well.

Thanks!
  • Options

Hello. If possible, I'd like to know the MF and residual for a 2017 330Xi Sport Wagon, for 36/10 and 36/12 (I'm in CA).

Also, are there any additional incetives out at the moment which would apply to the Sport Wagon?

I keep reading about 10% discounts for other BMW models at the moment and am wondering if it's reasonable to shoot for that on a wagon as well.

Thanks!

.00134 and 62% / 61%

No lease incentives on any 2017 3-series.

Not sure if the deep discounting of the sedans would apply to the wagon. Can't hurt to make an offer, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    prismaticbarprismaticbar Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Michaell!
  • Options
    mkhan54mkhan54 Member Posts: 25
    2017 340 - $55-59K sticker. Whats residual and MF? What % can i look to get off MSRP?.15K miles.
  • Options
    mkhan54 said:

2017 340 - $55-59K sticker. Whats residual and MF? What % can i look to get off MSRP?.15K miles.

.00134 and 59%

Shoot for 7% off MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dbrhodes3dbrhodes3 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks again. Looking for lease numbers on 2017 bmw 320i 2.0 turbo rwd sedan. Not sure what in terms of options you may need, but would have driver assist and premium packages, NAV, leather seats (heated in front and folding in rear - separate options). Would be for 10k/36mo. Live in SC. Thanks!
  • Options
    dbrhodes3 said:

Thanks again. Looking for lease numbers on 2017 bmw 320i 2.0 turbo rwd sedan. Not sure what in terms of options you may need, but would have driver assist and premium packages, NAV, leather seats (heated in front and folding in rear - separate options). Would be for 10k/36mo. Live in SC. Thanks!

.00134 and 62%. Numbers expire today

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Just left dealer - they put me in a 2017 330i RWD. MSRP 47330. With the rebates they offered (5110 'discount' and 4000 'rebate'), selling price was 38220 (39000 after taxes/tags/fees). For 10k/36mo, residual of 29344, they quoted me 473.87/mo with nothing down. Based on 6% sales tax in SC and the difference between selling price/residual, I get a MF of 0.00266. There wasn't much negotiation as they were busy trying to find the right colors - but this opening offer seems pretty good MF aside. It's almost 18% under MSRP. When I put a similarly configured vehicle into USAA/truecar service, I get a USAA member price of 41615 (this value is 'unusually low' according to their chart). I have to call the dealer back by 2pm tomorrow to get these february incentives. Is this too good to be true? Should I push for a lower MF when the it's so low under sticker in their opening offer? This isn't a demo car either - 6 miles.

Thanks in advance again as always!
  • Options
    dbrhodes3 said:

Just left dealer - they put me in a 2017 330i RWD. MSRP 47330. With the rebates they offered (5110 'discount' and 4000 'rebate'), selling price was 38220 (39000 after taxes/tags/fees). For 10k/36mo, residual of 29344, they quoted me 473.87/mo with nothing down. Based on 6% sales tax in SC and the difference between selling price/residual, I get a MF of 0.00266. There wasn't much negotiation as they were busy trying to find the right colors - but this opening offer seems pretty good MF aside. It's almost 18% under MSRP. When I put a similarly configured vehicle into USAA/truecar service, I get a USAA member price of 41615 (this value is 'unusually low' according to their chart). I have to call the dealer back by 2pm tomorrow to get these february incentives. Is this too good to be true? Should I push for a lower MF when the it's so low under sticker in their opening offer? This isn't a demo car either - 6 miles.

Thanks in advance again as always!

Ask them to disclose the money factor, instead of trying to reverse engineer it. It's likely to be lower than the number you came up with.

Also, isn't sales tax in SC maxed at $300 on automobiles?

Get the actual numbers, including the adjusted CAP cost, and your decision becomes easier. That monthly price looks pretty good, assuming you only have first payment at lease signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    valkat1valkat1 Member Posts: 23
    Good morning,
    Have any new March lease incentives come out yet? I need to swap my 320xi before March 5th.
    Thank you
  • Options
    I've attached the quote they emailed me this morning. I think you are correct that the tax is capped at $300. They have listed this additional $1500 rebate that they say is essentially a partnership through my employee (like an employee discount), but using the rebate caps the MF at 0.00154 (I think the rebate still offsets the 0.0002 bump from base). They say the MF on this quote is 0.00174. They must be really muddying the waters to convolute the math - I don't know how the MF can be that value when the sales price is ~38.2k and residual is 29.3k with tax paid up front. Unless somehow the rebates/etc aren't are excluded from that calculation. Definitely gonna ask for that cap cost when I head back this afternoon.
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

Good morning,
    Have any new March lease incentives come out yet? I need to swap my 320xi before March 5th.
    Thank you

.00140 MF this month.

What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    dbrhodes3 said:

I've attached the quote they emailed me this morning. I think you are correct that the tax is capped at $300. They have listed this additional $1500 rebate that they say is essentially a partnership through my employee (like an employee discount), but using the rebate caps the MF at 0.00154 (I think the rebate still offsets the 0.0002 bump from base). They say the MF on this quote is 0.00174. They must be really muddying the waters to convolute the math - I don't know how the MF can be that value when the sales price is ~38.2k and residual is 29.3k with tax paid up front. Unless somehow the rebates/etc aren't are excluded from that calculation. Definitely gonna ask for that cap cost when I head back this afternoon.

They haven't disclosed the adjusted CAP cost on that quote. There is a $925 acquisition fee that isn't mentioned, plus who knows what else.

If you are eligible for the corporate discount, that's a discount of .00020 on the money factor. However, they've marked up the money factor the maximum for extra profit, before applying that discount. (from .00134 to .00174).

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost. If I add $925 acquisition fee to that total price, and use the marked up money factor of .00154, I only get $401/mo. That is a long, long way from $474/mo. (about $2500 away)

Did you notice the rebate is $4000 on the list on the right, but next to the lease quote, it's only $1500? I think the numbers in the right hand column aren't the numbers they are using for your lease quote.
    And.. ask for the amount due at signing!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    10k/36mo, 320xi.
    So, the deal in March would be worse than in February?
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

10k/36mo, 320xi.
    So, the deal in March would be worse than in February?

.00140 MF and 62% residual

The difference is minimal. Less than $5/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I was actually waiting for a better deal in March...as an end of first quarter.
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

I was actually waiting for a better deal in March...as an end of first quarter.

Just because the lease variables have moved against you, doesn't mean the selling price can't go the other way to make up for it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I doubt that any dealer would move price down as much as BMW rebate may do
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

I doubt that any dealer would move price down as much as BMW rebate may do

$5/mo is a $180 reduction in the cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    betrayedsoupbetrayedsoup Member Posts: 22
    328 xdrive 36/10, money factor and residual for march in Mass?
  • Options

.00140 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    betrayedsoupbetrayedsoup Member Posts: 22
    Michaell said:

.00140 and 62%
    oops, sorry, i meant for the 2016 328 x-drive, not the 2017 model.
    Thanks.
  • Options

Michaell said:

.00140 and 62%
    oops, sorry, i meant for the 2016 328 x-drive, not the 2017 model.
    Thanks.
    2016 thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/36225/bmw/3-series/2016-bmw-3-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    deaddogdeaddog Member Posts: 60
    looking at a 330ix SportWagon (loaded, $60,305 MSRP!). Can I get MF and residual for 24/7500, 36/7500, 24/10000 and 36/10000? Thanks very much
  • Options
    deaddog said:

looking at a 330ix SportWagon (loaded, $60,305 MSRP!). Can I get MF and residual for 24/7500, 36/7500, 24/10000 and 36/10000? Thanks very much

.00140 MF and 68%/62% residual for 24/36mo, 10K/yr

No 7.5K/yr allowance offered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Comparing to February dealer quoted me $100 more on the same vehicle. He's telling me some rebates are gone now. True?
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

Comparing to February dealer quoted me $100 more on the same vehicle. He's telling me some rebates are gone now. True?

We never saw incentives last month, so can't tell you if some things we don't know about carried over to March or not.

The only change we saw was a slight bump in the MF (from .00134 to .00140) - about $5/mo difference, all else being equal.

$100/mo is a $3600 delta in the cap cost. That's a lot

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Last month dealer gave me this quote on 2017 320i xDrive:
    MSRP: 40,090
    36mo/10k
    Monthly payment: $335 including 8.875% sales tax
    Total due on delivery: $1750 (fees, first payment, DMV)
    I have a corporate fleet discount.

Was this a good price?
    Now he wants $429 for the same vehicle.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    valkat1 said:

Last month dealer gave me this quote on 2017 320i xDrive:
    MSRP: 40,090
    36mo/10k
    Monthly payment: $335 including 8.875% sales tax
    Total due on delivery: $1750 (fees, first payment, DMV)
    I have a corporate fleet discount.

Was this a good price?
    Now he wants $429 for the same vehicle.

What is the adjusted cap cost?

You're the second person who has mentioned a big jump in BMW lease payments. $94/mo x 36 months = $3384 difference in the cap cost, all else being equal.

(MF did go up this month, but that's about $5/mo on the payment)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I'm not sure what that number was.
    But why cap cost would jump up? Based on what?
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

I'm not sure what that number was.
    But why cap cost would jump up? Based on what?

Incentives that expired, would be my guess. But, they were incentives we didn't see before, and don't see now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Would that be possible that you were not aware of some rebates?
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

Would that be possible that you were not aware of some rebates?

Yes, entirely possible. We only see the lease cash in the information we have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Don't you have an official program info from BMW NA?
    How's your info different from the dealer's?
  • Options
    valkat1 said:

Don't you have an official program info from BMW NA?
    How's your info different from the dealer's?

Can't really tell you that. Just that it's likely that we don't have everything the dealer does.

If you can get the numbers, we can run the payment for you. I'm really struggling to understand how a deal on Monday went up $100/mo on Wednesday, if the prices are the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    It's the first of the month... see what happens later, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rxracer1rxracer1 Member Posts: 42
    Out of curiosity, if you sign for a car at beginning of month and it's a few weeks out until delivery and an incentive comes out later in the month is it too late to take advantage of the incentive ? Assuming you have yet to take delivery? Is it just purely at the discretion of the dealer ? Thx
  • Options
    rxracer1 said:

Out of curiosity, if you sign for a car at beginning of month and it's a few weeks out until delivery and an incentive comes out later in the month is it too late to take advantage of the incentive ? Assuming you have yet to take delivery? Is it just purely at the discretion of the dealer ? Thx

Rarely, if ever, do the numbers change mid-month. At most, there might be a special incentive for a holiday (President's Day, for example), but we won't get any notification about that.

Regarding cars that are ordered, BMW allows you to choose the MF/RV/Incentives of the month you order the car, or the MF/RV/Incentives of the month you take delivery. Gotta take all the numbers from the same month, no mixing allowed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    brunofbrunof Member Posts: 40
    Hello Again Sir. I'm helping a buddy out with a prospective lease. Can we please get some initial numbers on a 2017 328d (diesel) lease. 36mos / 15k per year?

We haven't located the specific vehicle yet but if any of these options affect residual values, please note:

2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo Diesel inline 4-cylinder Rear-wheel drive
    STANDARD FEATURES
    BASE MSRP$40,250
    DESTINATION + HANDLING$995
    COLORGlacier Silver Metallic$700
    WHEELS18" M Star-Spoke Wheels Style 400M with Mixed Performance Tires$0
    UPHOLSTERYBlack SensaTec$0
    TRIMAsh Grain Wood Trim with Metal Inlay andPearl Gloss Chrome highlight$0
    PACKAGES + OPTIONS
    Driving Assistance Package$950
    Lighting Package$800
    Premium Package$2,450
    M Sport Package$3,000
    Technology Package$2,750
    Apple CarPlay Compatibility$300

Thank you again for your time and consideration.
  • Options
    brunof said:

Hello Again Sir. I'm helping a buddy out with a prospective lease. Can we please get some initial numbers on a 2017 328d (diesel) lease. 36mos / 15k per year?

We haven't located the specific vehicle yet but if any of these options affect residual values, please note:

2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo Diesel inline 4-cylinder Rear-wheel drive
    STANDARD FEATURES
    BASE MSRP$40,250
    DESTINATION + HANDLING$995
    COLORGlacier Silver Metallic$700
    WHEELS18" M Star-Spoke Wheels Style 400M with Mixed Performance Tires$0
    UPHOLSTERYBlack SensaTec$0
    TRIMAsh Grain Wood Trim with Metal Inlay andPearl Gloss Chrome highlight$0
    PACKAGES + OPTIONS
    Driving Assistance Package$950
    Lighting Package$800
    Premium Package$2,450
    M Sport Package$3,000
    Technology Package$2,750
    Apple CarPlay Compatibility$300

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

.00140 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bw42bw42 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking for MF, residual and any rebate programs for 2017 340xi. Planning on ED in June.
  • Options
    bw42 said:

Hi, I'm looking for MF, residual and any rebate programs for 2017 340xi. Planning on ED in June.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mr_tibbs1mr_tibbs1 Member Posts: 18
    Hello, what is the RV and MF for a 2017 330xi for 36 months /10k per year. I live in Mass. Is there a set time when the numbers will change?
    Thank you,
    JJ
  • Options
    I have a question on how those manufacturer’s rebates/incentives are applied. If let’s say rebate/incentive is for a $1000, how does it apply - To MSRP or to the leased portion?
    In other words, will I get $30 off the lease payment or only $15?
    Thank you,
    Val