Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 VW Tiguan Lease Deals and Prices

MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 107,335
edited September 2017 in Volkswagen
Ask your 2018 Tiguan lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan here.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Comments

• Do you have the Residual and MF for a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion for a 3 year / 12k lease?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 107,335

Do you have the Residual and MF for a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion for a 3 year / 12k lease?

We do not, this month.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• dman777777dman777777 Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    I know this is now the 2018 thread but since you asked to move the discussion over here I would like to ask about a 2017. There are still a few out there.

Do you have the Residual and MF for a 2017 Tiguan Sport 2WD for a 3 year / 12k lease?
    This is in California
    edited July 2017

I know this is now the 2018 thread but since you asked to move the discussion over here I would like to ask about a 2017. There are still a few out there.

Do you have the Residual and MF for a 2017 Tiguan Sport 2WD for a 3 year / 12k lease?

We maintain our threads by model year; this isn't a replacement to the 2017 thread.

The thread for the 2017 Tiguan can be found here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42924/volkswagen/tiguan/2017-vw-tiguan-lease-questions#latest

• Are the August numbers out for an SEL Premium 4Motion, 36/10, in San Diego CA?

Are the August numbers out for an SEL Premium 4Motion, 36/10, in San Diego CA?

.00110 and 62%

• Hi, can I get these August numbers for 36mos/10K

SEL FWD
    SEL 4Motion

SEL Premium FWD

Hi, can I get these August numbers for 36mos/10K

SEL FWD
    SEL 4Motion

SEL Premium FWD

All FWD - .00090 and 61%
    All 4Motion - .00110 and 62%

• mrny1mrny1 Posts: 15
    Do you have the August numbers for the '18 SEL Premium AWD in NJ 36/15? Thank you.
    mrny1 said:

Do you have the August numbers for the '18 SEL Premium AWD in NJ 36/15? Thank you.

.00110 and 59%

• ferniecferniec Posts: 10
    Michaell, thank you for your time. I'm nee to leasing and we were about to lease a 18 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion for $600 with no down payment. Something didnt feel right :open_mouth:

Whats a fair price for that?
    18 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion
    No down payment
    36 months lease
    12k and 15k miles
    Rockville, MD

Thank you in advance for your time :)
    ferniec said:

Michaell, thank you for your time. I'm nee to leasing and we were about to lease a 18 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion for $600 with no down payment. Something didnt feel right :open_mouth:

Whats a fair price for that?
    18 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion
    No down payment
    36 months lease
    12k and 15k miles
    Rockville, MD

Thank you in advance for your time :)

Need to know the MSRP and adjusted cap cost.

And, MD taxes the entire selling price, even on a lease, so that will make the payment more expensive.

Still, $600/mo for a compact SUV seems like a lot.

Michaell,

MSRP was $39,200 and MD taxes is 6%.
    Not sure what adjusted cap cost is, but looking online, it sounds like it's the total amount of the car value that will be paid during the 3 years? They didn't give me this information. :(
    ferniec said:

Michaell,

MSRP was $39,200 and MD taxes is 6%.
    Not sure what adjusted cap cost is, but looking online, it sounds like it's the total amount of the car value that will be paid during the 3 years? They didn't give me this information. :(

Adjusted cap cost - selling price + taxes and fees you aren't paying up front - down payment or up front money

Ah, I see.
    I believe it was around $41K
    ferniec said:

Ah, I see.
    I believe it was around $41K

Not much discount from sticker?

No :( Not from this place unfortunately.
    I was able to get a better deal somewhere else, but the lease payment was higher than the place that gave me no discount (I guess lower "interest rate"?)

With the information I have given you, I'm wondering what would be a fair payment on the car (assuming no discounts on the MSRP) for a lease.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,324
    ferniec said:

No :( Not from this place unfortunately.
    I was able to get a better deal somewhere else, but the lease payment was higher than the place that gave me no discount (I guess lower "interest rate"?)

With the information I have given you, I'm wondering what would be a fair payment on the car (assuming no discounts on the MSRP) for a lease.

You probably won't get a "fair" payment for a vehicle that just hit the lots. If you want to be first in line, expect to pay dearly for it.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell, I'm able to use the edmunds calculator now that I know what I should fill out :)
    Thank you!

Question, how do you know the MF and residual percentage?
    Where do you get this information from?
    The MF that you showed here to different people is the lowest MF that people are getting?
    Also, would the residual be the same across country? (but different across models, I understand that :P)

Thank you again for your time! And thank you kyfdx for the input. I was able to get $2800 off the MSRP with one dealer, but they cranked up the MF when I was new to leasing. Now I'm better equipped... ;)
    ferniec said:

Michaell, I'm able to use the edmunds calculator now that I know what I should fill out :)
    Thank you!

Question, how do you know the MF and residual percentage?
    Where do you get this information from?
    The MF that you showed here to different people is the lowest MF that people are getting?
    Also, would the residual be the same across country? (but different across models, I understand that :P)

Thank you again for your time! And thank you kyfdx for the input. I was able to get $2800 off the MSRP with one dealer, but they cranked up the MF when I was new to leasing. Now I'm better equipped... ;)

Our lease number information is confidential.

The MF we quote is for top tier credit

The VW numbers are national.

• Do you have mf and residual for SE 4motion in MA

36/12k
    hoovin89 said:

Do you have mf and residual for SE 4motion in MA

36/12k

.00110 and 61%

Michaell, last question, I promise :)

The MF of 0.00110 you mentioned it is for top tier credit. What does that mean? Above 720, 740?
    If my credit is 800 and the dealer gives me the MF of 0.00220, should I tell them, "thanks but no thanks"?
    ferniec said:

Michaell, last question, I promise :)

The MF of 0.00110 you mentioned it is for top tier credit. What does that mean? Above 720, 740?
    If my credit is 800 and the dealer gives me the MF of 0.00220, should I tell them, "thanks but no thanks"?

Yes, .00110 is for top tier credit.

Tell them - politely - that you won't sign a deal where the MF is marked up. They know what the base rate is.

edited August 2017
    Michaell, is it possible to get better than the MF of 0.0011? Or that's the lowest possible?

Also, I never asked you this :open_mouth:
    What is the residual for 18 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion 36/15K in MD?
    ferniec said:

Michaell, is it possible to get better than the MF of 0.0011? Or that's the lowest possible?

Also, I never asked you this :open_mouth:
    What is the residual for 18 Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion 36/15K in MD?

59% for 36/15

.00110 is the base MF for top tier credit. VW does have an MSD program where you can buy down the MF, but we don't have the details.

• Hello Michaell. Looking at leasing an SE FWD in good old N Carolina. What are the MF and residual(3/36)? Different for the S FWD?
    THANKS!

Hello Michaell. Looking at leasing an SE FWD in good old N Carolina. What are the MF and residual(3/36)? Different for the S FWD?
    THANKS!

All FWD - .00090 and 60%

• faster444faster444 Posts: 4
    edited August 2017
    Any incentives on the 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium w/ 4motion?
    Thanks!
    faster444 said:

Any incentives on the 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium w/ 4motion?
    Thanks!

Nope - as it's brand new, it doesn't need any.