Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 BMW 5-Series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MrMclean650MrMclean650 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2019
    Hello,

I am currently trying to work a deal to lease a 2019 BMW 540i RWD. My scenario is a little challenging because I have negative equity but I wanted to see if the deal I am being provided is decent.

Current Vehicle:
    36-month lease with 32 months left.
    pay off amount $55,081.
    Value: $31,500
    Monthly Payment: 1109.

New Lease Deal:
    2019 BMW 540I.
    Down Payment: 15K.
    Rebates: Loyalty rebate - was told they could only use one. Inquired about Conquest as I previously owned an Audi a few months ago, member of USAA, Costco.
    Zipcode: 20148
    MSRP: $70,135.
    Selling Price: $65,185 - I am not sure if this is accurate. I originally asked for their best price and was told $200 off and that all rebates were worked into my monthly payment. Then when I told them, I was no longer interested. They told me $65,185 was the price they worked into the lease quote.
    Monthly Payment Options: $1198, 10K Miles/36M Or $1218, 12KMiles/36M.
    Money Factor Unknown.
    Credit Score: 788

I thought about paying 10K down on my current lease and putting down 5K on the BMW lease but was told that it doesn't make sense to pay down current lease because it ends up being a "wash" and that the numbers end up the same. Not sure how true that is.

Curious if the deals being offered are pretty good? Seeing that the monthly payments aren't much more than my current payment.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

Hello,

I am currently trying to work a deal to lease a 2019 BMW 540i RWD. My scenario is a little challenging because I have negative equity but I wanted to see if the deal I am being provided is decent.

Current Vehicle:
    36-month lease with 32 months left.
    pay off amount $55,081.
    Value: $31,500
    Monthly Payment: 1109.

New Lease Deal:
    2019 BMW 540I.
    Down Payment: 15K.
    Rebates: Loyalty rebate - was told they could only use one. Inquired about Conquest as I previously owned an Audi a few months ago, member of USAA, Costco.
    Zipcode: 20148
    MSRP: $70,135.
    Selling Price: $65,185 - I am not sure if this is accurate. I originally asked for their best price and was told $200 off and that all rebates were worked into my monthly payment. Then when I told them, I was no longer interested. They told me $65,185 was the price they worked into the lease quote.
    Monthly Payment Options: $1198, 10K Miles/36M Or $1218, 12KMiles/36M.
    Money Factor Unknown.
    Credit Score: 788

I thought about paying 10K down on my current lease and putting down 5K on the BMW lease but was told that it doesn't make sense to pay down current lease because it ends up being a "wash" and that the numbers end up the same. Not sure how true that is.

Curious if the deals being offered are pretty good? Seeing that the monthly payments aren't much more than my current payment.

What is so wrong with your current car that you would you roll $24K of negative equity into the new lease?

And, cash up front on a lease is also a bad idea - it doesn't change the cost of the lease, and the up front money is at risk if the car is stolen or totaled. In that respect, your dealer is correct.

My advice? Ride out your current lease, then shop for a new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks for the response. The car that I am driving just simply isn't worth it to me and makes me miserable every time I drive it.

If my only two options are to trade the car in and put down 15K towards the lease OR pay down the current lease by 10K and then lease the new vehicle with 5K down, which would be the best scenario?

Do the numbers look okay to you?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

Thanks for the response. The car that I am driving just simply isn't worth it to me and makes me miserable every time I drive it.

If my only two options are to trade the car in and put down 15K towards the lease OR pay down the current lease by 10K and then lease the new vehicle with 5K down, which would be the best scenario?

Do the numbers look okay to you?

Those two options are basically the same thing.

Looks like you rolled over a lot of negative equity, when you leased four months ago.

You only have $35,500 in payments left on your vehicle. Have you thought about trying Swapalease, and getting someone to take over your lease? You could put $16K towards it as an incentive, and that would drop the payment to $609/mo. That would save you $8K over trading it with the negative equity.

And, you should really stop leasing. It isn't saving you any money, and it doesn't look like you can manage to take any vehicle to term, anyway.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    samplesamsamplesam Member Posts: 2
    Hello was wondering the the MF, RV, and incentives for 2019 530e 10k/36 mo in 92620 zip code. Thanks you in advance!!
  • Options
    samplesam said:

Hello was wondering the the MF, RV, and incentives for 2019 530e 10k/36 mo in 92620 zip code. Thanks you in advance!!

.00188 and 61%
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Thanks, Kyfdx.

Great insight.

I thought about trying to put the vehicle on Swap lease but Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not allow for lease swaps. I would still be listed on the account and responsible if any payments are missed. Not a risk, that’s worth taking. In my opinion. Can’t afford to tank my 794 FICO. I wish that option was available to completely remove me from the lease and allow me to save 8K.

This is my first time leasing. I figured it is better than financing for 60-72 months since I do like to change cars. The 5 series that I am looking at getting is a very unique build. This one I am planning to keep the full term as I do not want to deal with this costly mistake again.
  • Options

Thanks, Kyfdx.

Great insight.

I thought about trying to put the vehicle on Swap lease but Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not allow for lease swaps. I would still be listed on the account and responsible if any payments are missed. Not a risk, that’s worth taking. In my opinion. Can’t afford to tank my 794 FICO. I wish that option was available to completely remove me from the lease and allow me to save 8K.

This is my first time leasing. I figured it is better than financing for 60-72 months since I do like to change cars. The 5 series that I am looking at getting is a very unique build. This one I am planning to keep the full term as I do not want to deal with this costly mistake again.

Your risk is only $35,500 if you let someone take it over, and you are already willing to eat $24K of it. With those numbers, I would take a chance. If you are still on the hook, you'll get a notice if they miss a payment, so you should be able to keep your credit rating.

This one I am planning to keep the full term

LOL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kdraregkdrareg Member Posts: 56
    Hello - Please share 2019 540i RWD RV and MF in 90027. Any lease incentives? I'm also a current BMW leaseholder.
  • Options
    kdrareg said:

Hello - Please share 2019 540i RWD RV and MF in 90027. Any lease incentives? I'm also a current BMW leaseholder.

36/15
    .00188 MF and 57% residual
    $2000 loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nhcphillynhcphilly Member Posts: 18
    Hi Michael. Do you have the RV and MF for a 2019 M550xi in zip 19066, for a 36/12 lease?
  • Options
    nhcphilly said:

Hi Michael. Do you have the RV and MF for a 2019 M550xi in zip 19066, for a 36/12 lease?

.00188 and 59%
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kdraregkdrareg Member Posts: 56
    Thanks. Does RV go to 58% or 59% for 36/12 and 36/10 term?
  • Options
    kdrareg said:

Thanks. Does RV go to 58% or 59% for 36/12 and 36/10 term?

59%/60% residual for 12K/10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rajshahebrajshaheb Member Posts: 29
    Looking for January's MF, incentives, residual 2019 530e 12k/36m lease. zip 85254
  • Options
    rajshaheb said:

Looking for January's MF, incentives, residual 2019 530e 12k/36m lease. zip 85254

.00188 and 60%
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    JimKJimK Member Posts: 4
    Hello. Can I please get MF and Residuals for a BMW 540i (RWD)?
    10K / 36 months
    Zip Code is 19342.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    JimK said:

10K / 36 months
    Zip Code is 19342.
    Thank you.

.00188 and 60%
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    JimKJimK Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

JimK said:

10K / 36 months
    Zip Code is 19342.
    Thank you.

.00188 and 60%
    No lease incentives
    Thank you Sir. I really appreciate it. I also had a similar question re: a Mercedes e450 4matic over in the Mercedes forum. Not sure if you saw it or not.
  • Options
    mjames83mjames83 Member Posts: 24
    Hi! Would you provide January numbers for 2019 M550i 36/15 in 43201?
  • Options
    mjames83 said:

Hi! Would you provide January numbers for 2019 M550i 36/15 in 43201?

.00188 and 57%
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pmarcos1pmarcos1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, first time here, first time considering leasing. Feeling so dumb. :smile: But OMG thank you for all the useful information in this forum! I can't tell you how helpful it is to a newbie like me. I've got a couple inquiries

Looking for RV and MF for a 2019 530e RWD in 94024. I'd like both 36/12 and 36/10 (we're undecided on what our expected mileage would be at the moment).

How common is it for dealers to mark up the MF? So far I've only gotten a single quote for a lease and the MF they quoted is .00228, which assuming the base MF would be closer to .00188 seems like a decent markup. I see lots of people getting quotes with the base MF so I'm just curious if that should be my expectation.

With the details I've gotten so far I calculated the following:

MF: .00228
    RV: 61%
    MSRP: $61,495.00
    Discounts: $7,240
    Selling price: $54,255
    Fees: $2,000 (DMV, Acq, tax, and "tire fee" which I'm asking for clarification)
    Adj Cap cost: $56,255 (nothing down)
    Depreciation: $18,744
    Base Monthly Payment: $521
    Rent Charge: $214
    Monthly Payment: $734
    Tax: $66 (9%)
    Total Payment: $799

I'd love to hear if I've made a mistake anywhere and whether this would be seen as a good, bad, or average deal. Thanks again for this tremendous resource!

• Options
    pmarcos1 said:

Hi there, first time here, first time considering leasing. Feeling so dumb. :smile: But OMG thank you for all the useful information in this forum! I can't tell you how helpful it is to a newbie like me. I've got a couple inquiries

Looking for RV and MF for a 2019 530e RWD in 94024. I'd like both 36/12 and 36/10 (we're undecided on what our expected mileage would be at the moment).

How common is it for dealers to mark up the MF? So far I've only gotten a single quote for a lease and the MF they quoted is .00228, which assuming the base MF would be closer to .00188 seems like a decent markup. I see lots of people getting quotes with the base MF so I'm just curious if that should be my expectation.

With the details I've gotten so far I calculated the following:

MF: .00228
    RV: 61%
    MSRP: $61,495.00
    Discounts: $7,240
    Selling price: $54,255
    Fees: $2,000 (DMV, Acq, tax, and "tire fee" which I'm asking for clarification)
    Adj Cap cost: $56,255 (nothing down)
    Depreciation: $18,744
    Base Monthly Payment: $521
    Rent Charge: $214
    Monthly Payment: $734
    Tax: $66 (9%)
    Total Payment: $799

I'd love to hear if I've made a mistake anywhere and whether this would be seen as a good, bad, or average deal. Thanks again for this tremendous resource!

.00188 is the base MF; I would insist on that, or shop a different dealer.

I'm about $1 off your calculations; the MF bump is costing you $40/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pmarcos1pmarcos1 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I'm certainly going to be shopping around and will focus on the base MF. Thanks again for everything you're doing!

Any guess as whether the values will change for Feb?
  • Options
    pmarcos1 said:

Yes, I'm certainly going to be shopping around and will focus on the base MF. Thanks again for everything you're doing!

Any guess as whether the values will change for Feb?

No guesses for future program changes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dmonkdmonk Member Posts: 17
    Hello, can anyone provide residual and base money factor for MY2018 530i? Thanks!
  • Options
    dmonk said:

Hello, can anyone provide residual and base money factor for MY2018 530i? Thanks!

2018?

Please re-post here, and include your ZIP:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    r2km000r2km000 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2019
    Hi kyfdx and Michaell,

Thanks in advance for you help. Can you tell me if the below deal makes sense? The cash out looks a bit high to me. This is for m550i 10k/36 months. Any help would be great!

• Options
    r2km000 said:

Hi kyfdx,

Thanks in advance for you help. Can you tell me if the below deal makes sense? The cash out looks a bit high to me. This is for m550i 10k/36 months. Any help would be great!

Was there supposed to be an attachment to your post?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    i posted it too soon, i had to edit it to add you and the pic! lol. Thanks!
  • Options
    BTW, this is in California
  • Options
    r2km000 said:

i posted it too soon, i had to edit it to add you and the pic! lol. Thanks!

The calculations are correct.
    6% off MSRP
    All of the fees are correct.
    Base money factor with no markup.

How much you pay upfront is up to you. You can roll the $925 acquisition fee into the payment, which will lower your upfront by about $1000. Of course, this will raise your payment by about $30/mo.

The only way to lower the cost, is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    What’s the current discount on m550i’s? I feel like a lot of people are getting in the 10% off range. But let me know if I’m being realistic. 
  • Options
    r2km000 said:

What’s the current discount on m550i’s? I feel like a lot of people are getting in the 10% off range. But let me know if I’m being realistic. 

We don't track pricing; use this link to help:

https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    je2epje2ep Member Posts: 7
    530e Bluestone Mettalic, M Sport, Drv Asst Plus, Parking Assist, Lighting Pkg, HK, Heated Steering
    65660.00 MSRP
    -10560.00 (Disc + Rebates)
    -500 (BMW Drv event, dealer wouldn't give additional $500 from their pocket)
    54600 before taxes and fees

3.89% Finance cost (4k rebate applies here)

How does this compare?
    Thanks
  • Options
    XanderCage11XanderCage11 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for some help with these numbers.

I am currently trading in an owners choice bmw 428i. my term ends next month and was quoted this for a new 530i

MSRP-57795
    Price: 51,791
    Trade - 23500
    Trade Diference - 29049
    doc fee-157.25
    Tax-1815.56

Residual - 34,099
  • Options
    je2ep said:

530e Bluestone Mettalic, M Sport, Drv Asst Plus, Parking Assist, Lighting Pkg, HK, Heated Steering
    65660.00 MSRP

How does this compare?
    Thanks

10% off MSRP, minus rebates?
    Looks pretty good.

What ZIP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

I am currently trading in an owners choice bmw 428i. my term ends next month and was quoted this for a new 530i

MSRP-57795
    Trade - 23500
    Trade Diference - 29049
    doc fee-157.25
    Tax-1815.56

Residual - 34,099

Is this another Owner's Choice deal, or a lease?
    What term and mileage allowance?

Or, just a straight purchase?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    XanderCage11XanderCage11 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    kyfdx said:

MSRP-57795
    Trade - 23500
    Trade Diference - 29049
    doc fee-157.25
    Tax-1815.56

Residual - 34,099

This is another owners choice. 36 months 12k/year.

There is some damage on my car, they said they would be willing to overlook and take the trade.

Monthly payment with 0 down is 820.00
  • Options

kyfdx said:

MSRP-57795
    Trade - 23500
    Trade Diference - 29049
    doc fee-157.25
    Tax-1815.56

Residual - 34,099

This is another owners choice. 36 months 12k/year.

There is some damage on my car, they said they would be willing to overlook and take the trade.

Monthly payment with 0 down is 820.00
    That seems really high.
    Are you eating any sort of negative equity from the previous vehicle?

5.19% APR on Owner's Choice. I'd guess they've marked that up.
    Did they give you an adjusted CAP? Or, maybe they call it something different for OC?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Apple1122Apple1122 Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2019
    Looking for Residual and Money Factor on 2019 530i xDrive for January and February (if out) and any incentives.
  • Options
    Apple1122 said:

Looking for Residual and Money Factor on 2019 530i xDrive for January and February (if out) and any incentives.

What is your location?

February numbers won't be out until.... February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    zip: 10603, 10k per year mileage
  • Options
    12k mileage also
  • Options
    Apple1122 said:

Apple1122 said:

zip: 10603, 10k per year mileage

Apple1122 said:

12k mileage also

.00188 MF
    60%/59% residual
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Jaley702Jaley702 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for RV and MF for 2019 540i 89166. Thanks!
  • Options
    Jaley702 said:

Looking for RV and MF for 2019 540i 89166. Thanks!

36/15
    .00188 and 57%
    no lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    je2epje2ep Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx said:

je2ep said:

65660.00 MSRP

How does this compare?
    Thanks

Looks pretty good.

What ZIP?
    Zip: 95035
  • Options
    je2ep said:

kyfdx said:

je2ep said:

65660.00 MSRP

How does this compare?
    Thanks

Looks pretty good.

What ZIP?
    Zip: 95035
    They are marking up the APR from the 2.89% base (assuming 60 months.
    $2000 APR credit
    $2000 loyalty.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Jaley702Jaley702 Member Posts: 4
    Do these numbers make sense?