Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited August 2015 in Hyundai
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Hyundai Genesis leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2015 Genesis, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.
You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2015 Hyundai Genesis page.
If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

See also: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid & Buying Experience

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2015

The online configurator shows pricing and options. Are residual values and money factor offerings available yet?

How long do you think it will take before we see these bad boys going for 10% behind MSRP?

What's the verdict? Is the residual low or not? My research shows mixed results. Some say it is the unusually high and award winning, others say it is this car's downfall.

I'm considering this compared to all of the other more compact, luxury offerings in the same $40k-$50k price range.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

No lease info on the 2015 Genesis, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

Is it expected to appear next month?

When do you think they will sell for 10% behind sticker?

I'm sorry... don't have the answers to either of those questions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

http://www.broncomotorsoriginal.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Hyundai-Genesis-4dr_Sdn_V6_3.8L_AWD-Boise-ID/2241999383

Lease a 2015 Genesis 4dr Sdn 3.8L V6 RWD for $429 per month for 36 months with $3,999 due at lease signing.

>

Closed end lease for 2015 Genesis 4dr Sdn 3.8L V6 RWD(Model # B1402R65) available from April 23, 2014 through April 30, 2014, to well-qualified lessees approved by Hyundai Motor Finance. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. Offer shown based on $3,999 due at lease signing (includes $429 first payment and $3,570 capitalized cost reduction). No security deposit required. MSRP $38,950 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $35,464.31. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $15,444. Option to purchase at lease end $22,591.00. Lessee is responsible for third-party fees. Third-party fees vary by state or locality. Lessee is also responsible for insurance, maintenance, repairs, $.20 per mile over 12,000 miles/year, excess wear, and a $400 disposition fee. Disposition fee of $400 applies in all states except in CO, IN, IA, KS, ME, OK, SC, WI, WV, & WY, where disposition fee is subject to state law limitations.

36 months/12k miles
    58% residual
    0.0012 money factor on the lease ad offer if my math is right

Hyundai doesn't offer a form of security deposit, do they?

• moodyhankmoodyhank Member Posts: 240

@muffinflavored said:
    How long do you think it will take before we see these bad boys going for 10% behind MSRP?

Definitely not before the year end, newly introduced cars are always more expensive in terms of their money factors and dealers' willingness to agree on lower sale prices off MSRP. Both the manufacturers and dealers always want to milk the hype about a new model...

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

Do you have information this month?

Does the offer I linked to in post http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/4138733/#Comment_4138733 look valid? Do the numbers I calculated look to be in the appropriate ball park?

If so, that really sucks.

@muffinflavored said:
    If so, that really sucks.

That's the national lease deal.. which is effective for May, as well..

.00105 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    That's the national lease deal.. which is effective for May, as well..

Please excuse my insistent and novice-like questions when I ask this for the umpteenth time.

When Hyundai starts to provide relief to these cars in order to move them better after the hype has fallen down, how will they do so? More attractive money factor rates? That's it?

They will probably add dealer or consumer cash, to lower the CAP cost.. that would be my guess. The money factor and residual are pretty competitive, right now. The only thing holding them back is that most people have problems paying Infiniti or Lexus prices for a Hyundai.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Configured, the Genesis costs $50k.

Configured, the GS350 costs $58k.

Both rear-wheel drive, smaller engines, and luxurious features in mind.

The Lexus leases miles better.

.00001 money factor after a few deposits?

Does Hyundai offer this?

Plus, at 36 months and 12k miles yearly, the GS350 residual rate is 3 points higher.

I'm in the market for either but am $4.5k upside down 12 moths into a 12k/36 month lease of a 2013 Sonata SE. What do you think I should do? Bite the bullet and get the Lexus, or wait until my equity hopefully subsides 12 months from now and lease a Genesis?
    I calculate $720/month with taxes for an at sticker loaded 2015 Genesis ($50k MSRP) at 36 months, 57%, 12k miles, 0.00105

That's not too competitive when I can get a $58k GS350 10% off sticker for $480 a month with MSDs for 27 months, 10k miles, and 69% residual.
    Would 36/18k be 55%?

@muffinflavored said:
    Would 36/18k be 55%?

I don't think Hyundai offers an 18K/yr allowance, but if they did, it would likely be 53%.

I would wait until I'm less upside down, the lease the vehicle that makes more sense, financially. Not sure I'd even consider the Genesis, if I could lease the Lexus for less.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am right to say that the Lexus leases for less, despite being the more expensive car, am I not?

I've read that Lexus artificially boosts their residual rates to create cheaper leases and a larger CPO market later down the road. Is this true from your experience?

I would say that's correct... BMW, Infiniti and Lexus are a few of the makes that seem to offer artificially high residuals. That's what makes for cheap leases, so that is a good thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    I would say that's correct... BMW, Infiniti and Lexus are a few of the makes that seem to offer artificially high residuals. That's what makes for cheap leases, so that is a good thing.

Do the artificially high residuals leave the leasees in sticky situations at the end?

Does Audi not inflate their residuals?

If I wanted to accurately predict what a car in today's market would be worth down the road, how could I do that?

If you are leasing the car, with the intention of returning it at lease end, then the high residual won't matter to you.

If your plan is not complete the contract, either by trading out of it because of excess mileage, or some other reason, then it could possibly be an issue. But, high residuals are good, if you want a low monthly lease payment.

Audi residuals are lower than BMW, Infiniti or Lexus (generally). So, if inflated, less than those other makes.

Accurate predictions? Hard to do...

Leasing works best, when used as intended: Renting the car for a specified period of time. As an alternative means of financing, or arbitrage against future car values, not so well... The future is too hard to predict.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• behrod22behrod22 Member Posts: 5

What is the MF and Res for 2015 Gen 3.8 Ultimate?
    12K 36month

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@behrod22 said:
    What is the MF and Res for 2015 Gen 3.8 Ultimate?
    12K 36month

.00105 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64

Hyundai has always had the problem of low residual values - lease or not. I own a 2013 Genesis loaded with both tech & premium packages. Residual value on so called luxury line is abysmal, but it has always been so. This is my last Hyundai. I go back with Hyundai to 1989 and an Excel.

• danmgy11danmgy11 Member Posts: 106
    I'm wondering of you could tell me the lease rates for the 2015 Genesis, I'm actually still looking at both the V6 and the V8 model. I'm also open to lease length, I know some car companies, like Infiniti, it's better going for 39 months compared to 36 months. But everything being equal I'd look at a 36 month lease and I'd need 15k miles a year.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

@danmgy11 said:
    I'm wondering of you could tell me the lease rates for the 2015 Genesis, I'm actually still looking at both the V6 and the V8 model. I'm also open to lease length, I know some car companies, like Infiniti, it's better going for 39 months compared to 36 months. But everything being equal I'd look at a 36 month lease and I'd need 15k miles a year.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

no 39 month numbers for Hyundai. 36/15 numbers for the V6 are .00150 and 56%;for the V8, .00107 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@bmb1767 said:
    Hyundai has always had the problem of low residual values - lease or not. I own a 2013 Genesis loaded with both tech & premium packages. Residual value on so called luxury line is abysmal, but it has always been so. This is my last Hyundai. I go back with Hyundai to 1989 and an Excel.

Is 56% for 36 months/15k miles (like posted above) really considered low?

I don't think so.... Given typical Hyundai resale values, I'd consider it market correct or even optimistic.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@atos2012 said:
    Hi Michaell could you please give the numbers for 2015 Genesis V6 (base) 36/10k/12k and cash available ($500 or $1000) Thanks.

.00123 MF and 58% for 36mo, 12K/yr. Not sure if Hyundai offers a 10K/yr program, but if they do the residual would be 1% higher.

$500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    .00123 MF and 58% for 36mo, 12K/yr. Not sure if Hyundai offers a 10K/yr program, but if they do the residual would be 1% higher.

Does Hyundai offer something similar to multiple security deposits?

@kyfdx said:
    $500 lease cash.

Do they do leases shorter than 36 months?

Not at this time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cars_are_funcars_are_fun Member Posts: 12

Is that "Not at this time" an answer to shorter lease terms or MSD? I too am interested in the availability of either MSD or lowered MF for Single Payment lease (like MB). Would appreciate any information anyone has on availability and math behind programs.

Looking for info on 2015 AWD tech or ultimate. Do the figures above for 36 month / 15k apply for 3.8 AWD regardless of trim? If not what would apply?

Also - would appreciate lease info (mf / residual) for 2014 03 trim with 15k / 36 months. Would prefer 2015 (of course) but looks like dealers are being super aggressive so might have to look at the 2014 again.

@cars_are_fun said:
    Is that "Not at this time" an answer to shorter lease terms or MSD? I too am interested in the availability of either MSD or lowered MF for Single Payment lease (like MB). Would appreciate any information anyone has on availability and math behind programs.

Probably both .. the base MF is so low already that there is no benefit to offering an MSD program. And, the documents we show have an "N/A" for any sort of 24 month lease program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@cars_are_fun said:
    Looking for info on 2015 AWD tech or ultimate. Do the figures above for 36 month / 15k apply for 3.8 AWD regardless of trim? If not what would apply?

36/15 for 2015 3.8 AWD are .00150 and 58%. $500 lease cash.

Also - would appreciate lease info (mf / residual) for 2014 03 trim with 15k / 36 months. Would prefer 2015 (of course) but looks like dealers are being super aggressive so might have to look at the 2014 again.

2014 are .00024 and 53% for 36/15. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• allisondblallisondbl Guest Posts: 1

trying to follow discussion i hope ...

• danmgy11danmgy11 Member Posts: 106

Was wonderng if you had lease numbers for August on the 2015 V8 for 36m/15k?

Also, do you know if Hyundia allows/has a multiple security deposit program for leases? If they do can you provide the details of how many you can do and how much it reduces the MF?

Im hoping Hyundia is upping its support and making these a bit more attractive to lease.

@danmgy11 said:
    Was wonderng if you had lease numbers for August on the 2015 V8 for 36m/15k?

.00077 and 52%. $500 lease cash.

Also, do you know if Hyundia allows/has a multiple security deposit program for leases? If they do can you provide the details of how many you can do and how much it reduces the MF?

I don't believe so, as the base MF's are quite low to begin with.

Im hoping Hyundia is upping its support and making these a bit more attractive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2014

@Michaell said:

Did they really cut the money factor in half this month?

How does lease cash work (not specifically for Hyundai, but for all of the manufacturers I read about offering it)?

What's the residual for 3.8L and 5.0L for 36/12?

@muffinflavored said:
    Did they really cut the money factor in half this month?

If you say so .. I don't track month to month changes; I just help people get the current month's numbers.

How does lease cash work (not specifically for Hyundai, but for all of the manufacturers I read about offering it)?

Lease cash is the equivalent to a rebate; can be used to either reduce the selling price of the car or to cover up-front taxes and fees.

What's the residual for 3.8L and 5.0L for 36/12?

V8 residual is 2% higher than what I quoted you above.

36/12 for the V6 is .00150 and 60% (AWD) or .00123 and 58% (RWD)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20

Hi,
    Are these still good #'s for 2015 Gen 3.8 Ultimate 12k, 36 months? .00105 and 57%

Thank you!!

@craig1212 said:
    Hi,
    Are these still good #'s for 2015 Gen 3.8 Ultimate 12k, 36 months? .00105 and 57%

Thank you!!

RWD: .00123 MF and 58% residual

AWD: .00150 MF and 60% residual

$500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dspmusicdspmusic Member Posts: 4

What is current mf and residual for 5.0 ultimate on a 36 month with 12 k?

@dspmusic said:
    What is current mf and residual for 5.0 ultimate on a 36 month with 12 k?

.00077 MF and 54% residual. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20

Thank you

Is there a 24 month / 15 k a year lease offered on this car? If so please provide MF and residual for ultimate trim car. Thanks so much for the help!

To clarify - I am looking for a 2015 AWD vehicle.

@cars_are_fun said:
    To clarify - I am looking for a 2015 AWD vehicle.

I don't have any 24 month lease numbers from Hyundai.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• clambe23clambe23 Member Posts: 5

What are the September numbers for a V6 Ultimate - 36 months, 15K.
    -Thanks in advance

@clambe23 said:
    What are the September numbers for a V6 Ultimate - 36 months, 15K.
    -Thanks in advance

.0015 MF and 58% for AWD

.00123 MF and 56% for RWD

$500 lease cash on either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leaseorbuy1leaseorbuy1 Member Posts: 2

I need to know if this is a good lease. 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate Package
    RWD, at $590 per month no money down, 15k