Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Dodge Charger Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

36/12 residual is 65% and 36/15 residual is 64% .. What's the payment difference between the two using any base figure you'd like?

Am I the only person that'd be willing to take that additional residual hit to potentially save myself money at lease end with overage fees? I feel comfortable with 12K but you never know ..

The difference between 36/12K/yr and 36/15K/yr is 2%, not 1%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Dodge Charger 2014,
    Not sure if this is right forum, but interested in feedback from others. Had a discussion Saturday night about how long to keep a charger. Consensus was the most 3 to 4 years as there was concerns how well the car would hold up.
  • gpapz125gpapz125 Member Posts: 34
    Does residual change each month? Just wondering which month would have highest residual if that's possible to determine. 
    gpapz125 said:

Does residual change each month? Just wondering which month would have highest residual if that's possible to determine. 

Programs are updated monthly, but the residual doesn't always change.

Residuals are usually highest at the beginning of the model year, but so are money factors, and discounts are usually smaller, then.

It takes all of the factors to generate a lease payment. A high residual is only better, if every other factor is equal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Programs are updated monthly, but the residual doesn't always change. Residuals are usually highest at the beginning of the model year, but so are money factors, and discounts are usually smaller, then. It takes all of the factors to generate a lease payment. A high residual is only better, if every other factor is equal.
    Interesting. Are there any ever incentives for the scatpack? The charger has about $3500 worth of rebates when I went in to get numbers. Scatpack only had a $500 rebate. Any word?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    gpapz125 said:

kyfdx said:

gpapz125 said:

Programs are updated monthly, but the residual doesn't always change.

Residuals are usually highest at the beginning of the model year, but so are money factors, and discounts are usually smaller, then.

It takes all of the factors to generate a lease payment. A high residual is only better, if every other factor is equal.

Interesting. Are there any ever incentives for the scatpack? The charger has about $3500 worth of rebates when I went in to get numbers. Scatpack only had a $500 rebate. Any word?

No information on Dodge incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• eazycasheazycash Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide money factor and residual for 2015 and 2016 Charger R/T and scat pack 12k 36/48? current incentives? thanks and sorry asking for so much info want to make sure I pick the right lease :)
    eazycash said:

Can you provide money factor and residual for 2015 and 2016 Charger R/T and scat pack 12k 36/48? current incentives? thanks and sorry asking for so much info want to make sure I pick the right lease :)

R/T - .00042 and 60% for 36/12. Standard MF and 52% for 48/12
    Scat Pack - Standard MF and 66% / 58%

R/T - .00011 and 59% for 36/12. Standard MF and 47% for 48/12
    Scat Pack - Standard MF and 60% / 53%

Standard MF is around .00200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• eazycasheazycash Member Posts: 2
    Have the numbers changed at all for may? going into the dealer today and want to be ready! NYC

2016 scat pack? 36/48 residual 10 and 12k? and money factor?
    eazycash said:

Have the numbers changed at all for may? going into the dealer today and want to be ready! NYC

Standard MF (around .00200) and 64% for 36/12, 54% for 48/12. Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Michaell said:

eazycash said:

Hi,

Can you please provide updated numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Southern California. 10K miles, 24 months and 36 months. Thanks!

benji123 said:

Michaell said:

eazycash said:

Hi,

Can you please provide updated numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Southern California. 10K miles, 24 months and 36 months. Thanks!

24/10 - .00009 and 64%

36/10 - .00042 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stclarkstclark Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Interested in the latest numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Western Pennsylvania. 12k & 15k miles for 36 months. Thanks much!
    stclark said:

Hi,

Interested in the latest numbers for Charger R/T Road & Track in Western Pennsylvania. 12k & 15k miles for 36 months. Thanks much!

36/15 - .00042 and 58%. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• eldanorexeldanorex Member Posts: 18
    MF/Residual for a 2016 Charger R/T in CA for 36/15K
    eldanorex said:

MF/Residual for a 2016 Charger R/T in CA for 36/15K

.00042 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MF/Residual for 2016 Charger RT for 36/10 and 39/10 in NY. Is there a 36/12 or 39/12?
    gpapz125 said:

MF/Residual for 2016 Charger RT for 36/10 and 39/10 in NY. Is there a 36/12 or 39/12?

36/10 - .00042 and 61%

Subtract 4% for 39 months

Subtract 1% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jbryyy10jbryyy10 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2016
    Looking for some feedback, and it seems everyone on here is knowledgable and helpful. This is going to be pretty loaded, but hang with me. I am located in Michigan.

Currently have a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn. CCAP deal buy-out as of today is $31,286.45. Most recent appraisal was outrageous at approx. $22,000.

KBB: Kelly Blue Book Link

Hoping I can get in that 25k range for trade in. I am VERY close to my mileage on my current lease, with a ton of time left on it. Which is the reason for the outrageous negative equity and trying to get out of this truck.

Looking to get in to a 2016 Scat Pack. 12-15k Miles. I receive Employee discount. Looking at around the $43-45k MSRP with the options.

Trying to get a ballpark as to what my payments would be IF I had to roll approx. $6,000 in to it. Obviously I am aware the best option would be to pay the $6k myself, but that's not an option at this time. Just seeking an estimate since this is more complicated than the normal cut-and-dry situations.

Thanks in advance!
    jbryyy10 said:

Looking for some feedback, and it seems everyone on here is knowledgable and helpful. This is going to be pretty loaded, but hang with me. I am located in Michigan.

Currently have a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn. CCAP deal buy-out as of today is $31,286.45. Most recent appraisal was outrageous at approx. $22,000.

KBB: Kelly Blue Book Link

Hoping I can get in that 25k range for trade in. I am VERY close to my mileage on my current lease, with a ton of time left on it. Which is the reason for the outrageous negative equity and trying to get out of this truck.

Looking to get in to a 2016 Scat Pack. 12-15k Miles. I receive Employee discount. Looking at around the $43-45k MSRP with the options.

Trying to get a ballpark as to what my payments would be IF I had to roll approx. $6,000 in to it. Obviously I am aware the best option would be to pay the $6k myself, but that's not an option at this time. Just seeking an estimate since this is more complicated than the normal cut-and-dry situations.

Thanks in advance!

Let's take the equity situation first ... for a 36 month lease, the $6000 in negative equity will $167/mo to the lease payment, before tax.

The Charger Scat Pack is not inexpensive to lease - standard MF (around .00200) and 62% residual for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year.

What I need to complete the picture is an idea of what the transaction price would be ... do these get discounted much?

Hypothetically, if you could get the $44K MSRP down to $41K, and you paid all the up front costs out of pocket, the lease payment is $518/mo.

Add the $167/mo for the negative equity, and you get $685/mo - before tax.

A whole lotta money for a $44K sedan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• haoranchenhaoranchen Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2016
    Hi! I have three questions. 1. I live in TX and I'm looking for a lease for 2016 SXT RWD. May I ask MF and RV for 36mo/12k? 2. I've decided a particular car with rallye and navigation package has MSVP $33780. Dealers in Houston provide $3000 customer rebate and some of them provide $2500 dealer rebate (I don't know if it's for purchase or lease). Can I use both rebate for lease or only customer rebate? Do I need to use it before the price is settled with dealer or after? 3. Based on MF, RV, 8.25 tax, and rebate I can use, could you please help me calculate monthly payment without down payment? Thanks a lot!
    edited May 2016

Hi! I have three questions. 1. I live in TX and I'm looking for a lease for 2016 SXT RWD. May I ask MF and RV for 36mo/12k? 2. I've decided a particular car with rallye and navigation package has MSVP $33780. Dealers in Houston provide $3000 customer rebate and some of them provide $2500 dealer rebate (I don't know if it's for purchase or lease). Can I use both rebate for lease or only customer rebate? Do I need to use it before the price is settled with dealer or after? 3. Based on MF, RV, 8.25 tax, and rebate I can use, could you please help me calculate monthly payment without down payment? Thanks a lot!

A dealer provide me a quote that $1000 down payment and $318 pre-tax monthly payment for that particular car. Is it good enough or I can still lower the price?

A dealer provide me a quote that $1000 down payment and $318 pre-tax monthly payment for that particular car. Is it good enough or I can still lower the price?
    1. .00006 and 56%
    2. Often, customer rebates are for purchase only. Not sure if the two you mention can be combined. Negotiate your best price first, then apply the incentives.
    3. We need to know the adjusted cap cost to calculate a payment.

Be advised that in TX sales tax is calculated against the entire selling price, so that $318/mo quote will be much higher if you do not pay the tax up front and add it into the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    1. .00006 and 56% 2. Often, customer rebates are for purchase only. Not sure if the two you mention can be combined. Negotiate your best price first, then apply the incentives. 3. We need to know the adjusted cap cost to calculate a payment. Be advised that in TX sales tax is calculated against the entire selling price, so that $318/mo quote will be much higher if you do not pay the tax up front and add it into the lease.
    Thanks a lot! For now the cap cost is $30580. And do you mean I need to pay tax every month with my monthly payment instead of one tijme payment after three year lease contract? May I ask what do you mean pay the tax upfront? Thank you so much!
    Michaell said:
    1. .00006 and 56% 2. Often, customer rebates are for purchase only. Not sure if the two you mention can be combined. Negotiate your best price first, then apply the incentives. 3. We need to know the adjusted cap cost to calculate a payment. Be advised that in TX sales tax is calculated against the entire selling price, so that $318/mo quote will be much higher if you do not pay the tax up front and add it into the lease.
    Thanks a lot! For now the cap cost is $30580. And do you mean I need to pay tax every month with my monthly payment instead of one tijme payment after three year lease contract? May I ask what do you mean pay the tax upfront? Thank you so much!
    Texas applies sales tax to the whole price - you can pay the entire amount up front or add it to the selling price and pay it each month. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

1. .00006 and 56%
    2. Often, customer rebates are for purchase only. Not sure if the two you mention can be combined. Negotiate your best price first, then apply the incentives.

Be advised that in TX sales tax is calculated against the entire selling price, so that $318/mo quote will be much higher if you do not pay the tax up front and add it into the lease.

Texas applies sales tax to the whole price - you can pay the entire amount up front or add it to the selling price and pay it each month. 

I see. Thanks a lot! If the MSVP is $33780, price is $29075, MR is .00006 and RV is 56%. Could you please help me calculate pre-tax monthly payment with 0 downpayment?

Thank you so much1

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

1. .00006 and 56%

I see. Thanks a lot! If the MSVP is $33780, price is $29075, MR is .00006 and RV is 56%. Could you please help me calculate pre-tax monthly payment with 0 downpayment?

Thank you so much1

$285/mo, assuming all taxes and fees are paid up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• seanclau1seanclau1 Member Posts: 9
    Can you give me the May residual and MF for Utah
  • seanclau1seanclau1 Member Posts: 9
    On scat pack at 36 and 48 mnths with 12k mileage
    seanclau1 said:

Can you give me the May residual and MF for Utah

seanclau1 said:

On scat pack at 36 and 48 mnths with 12k mileage

Standard MF and 64%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lulug16lulug16 Member Posts: 18
    Hi I'm looking for the MF and Residual value on a 2016 Dodge Charger SXT RWD and R/T 15,000 a year and 36 months Crown Point Indiana area. Thanks!
    lulug16 said:

Hi I'm looking for the MF and Residual value on a 2016 Dodge Charger SXT RWD and R/T 15,000 a year and 36 months Crown Point Indiana area. Thanks!

SXT: .00006 MF and 54% residual
    R/T: .00042 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2016

How does that look? Trying to work a deal out with this dealership. Also, with those numbers, what would be the monthly payment if the MSRP of the vehicle is $37,880? They're selling the vehicle to me 1% under invoice, and I'm not sure what that comes out to.
    gpapz125 said:

How does that look? Trying to work a deal out with this dealership. Also, with those numbers, what would be the monthly payment if the MSRP of the vehicle is $37,880? They're selling the vehicle to me 1% under invoice, and I'm not sure what that comes out to.

I agree with the math, as listed.

If the MSRP is lower, wouldn't the selling price be lower as well?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    I agree with the math, as listed. If the MSRP is lower, wouldn't the selling price be lower as well?
    Yes. I'm applying the same math as it shows. But starting price at 37,880 instead of 40,165
  • martiimcflymartiimcfly Member Posts: 47
    Just visited Dodge dealer today with the whole Memorial Day event. They gave me tester numbers first and then got into the real numbers but was wondering what the updated numbers are for a
    2016 Charger r/t with black top, nav, rear view, remote start in Southern California 91324?
    Sorry forgot to add: 36months 10k and 36months 12k

Just visited Dodge dealer today with the whole Memorial Day event. They gave me tester numbers first and then got into the real numbers but was wondering what the updated numbers are for a
    2016 Charger r/t with black top, nav, rear view, remote start in Southern California 91324?

.00042 MF and 61%/60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Great! Quick question, do rebates count on leases? Seems like the r/t's have a $2k rebate right now? 
    kyfdx said:
    Great! Quick question, do rebates count on leases? Seems like the r/t's have a $2k rebate right now? 
    Also if I walk into a dealer and give them my calculations with the MF numbers and residual %. What would I say if they ask me where I got the MF and residual numbers from? 

kyfdx said:

We don't have any incentive information for Dodge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx said:

Also if I walk into a dealer and give them my calculations with the MF numbers and residual %. What would I say if they ask me where I got the MF and residual numbers from? 

Let the dealer show you their calculations first; if they don't match yours, suggest that they use the base MF and see what they say. You don't have to reveal your sources - they know what the base rate is.

Residual is set by the bank and is not negotiable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:
    Let the dealer show you their calculations first; if they don't match yours, suggest that they use the base MF and see what they say. You don't have to reveal your sources - they know what the base rate is. Residual is set by the bank and is not negotiable.
    Woo! Awesome to know. Thanks guys.
    Also, just to make sure what cap cost is? This car is up for 33,850 and on a website for 33,115. The 33,115 is the invoice, correct? And the cap cost?
    Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:
    Let the dealer show you their calculations first; if they don't match yours, suggest that they use the base MF and see what they say. You don't have to reveal your sources - they know what the base rate is. Residual is set by the bank and is not negotiable.
    Woo! Awesome to know. Thanks guys.
    Also, just to make sure what cap cost is? This car is up for 33,850 and on a website for 33,115. The 33,115 is the invoice, correct? And the cap cost?
     Any advertised price may include incentives that are not compatible with the lease.  The capitalized cost will be the selling price plus any taxes and fees you choose to roll into the lease 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:
    Woo! Awesome to know. Thanks guys. These fellows made it seem like such a great offer but after making my calculations I found that it wasn't as great as they made it seem even though I walked out bc I thought "hm I think I could do better than this. I want a price in comfortable with". Thanks guys. 
    June numbers for 2016 RT and SXT? For 10k and 12k in NY. Thanks! 
    gpapz125 said:

36/12 numbers:
    RT - .00144 and 64%
    SXT - .00121 and 60%

Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    36/12 numbers: RT - .00144 and 64% SXT - .00121 and 60% Add 1% for 10K
    Are these numbers better than last month? Residuals are higher but higher money factor as well. 
    gpapz125 said:

Michaell said:

gpapz125 said:

36/12 numbers:
    RT - .00144 and 64%
    SXT - .00121 and 60%

Add 1% for 10K

Are these numbers better than last month? Residuals are higher but higher money factor as well. 

We don't keep track, but the MF and residual tend to move in the same direction when they do change; keeps the overall lease payment about the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello guys. Hope everyone enjoyed their month of May. Looking for updated numbers for the charger rt 12k miles 36months?
    also, I'm not sure if this is the correct place but would you happen to have numbers for the camaro 1ss as well?