Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2018 VW Tiguan Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    tukutupaptukutupap Member Posts: 5
    kyfdx said:
    kyfdx said:
    Hi! First of all congrats to all for all the information provided in this post, its been very helpful! Id like to have some thoughts on the following deal. Apologies for the missing information, newbie mistake, did not get all info from dealership... Looking into 2018 Tiguan SEL. MSRP: 32.400 Final price: 25.500 Down: 0.00 + 600$ fees Net Cap Cost: Do not have it Residual % Do not have it, whatever the number is for Feb would work?: Residual Value: Sorry, do not have it (I know I know, newbie mistake!) 36M/12K Monthly payment tax included: 310$ I just would like to know if its worth keep shoping around or the deal is good enough to close it. Thanks in advance guys!
    FWD or AWD?
    Fwd 
    .00100 MF and 60% residual $800 lease cash Was the $25,500 a negotiated price for a purchase? Because, I don't think you are getting that price on the lease. Which state is this? What is total amount Due at Signing?
    Long story short, they quoted me on a SE by mistake, 28.5K msrp, 25.5 final. So numbers actually belong to this car, but I’m getting the sel instead. Amount due at signing is 600. Fl
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,007
    tukutupap said:

kyfdx said:

tukutupap said:

kyfdx said:

tukutupap said:

Hi!
    First of all congrats to all for all the information provided in this post, its been very helpful!
    Id like to have some thoughts on the following deal. Apologies for the missing information, newbie mistake, did not get all info from dealership...

Looking into 2018 Tiguan SEL.
    MSRP: 32.400
    Final price: 25.500
    Down: 0.00 + 600$ fees
    Net Cap Cost: Do not have it
    Residual % Do not have it, whatever the number is for Feb would work?:
    Residual Value: Sorry, do not have it (I know I know, newbie mistake!)
    36M/12K
    Monthly payment tax included: 310$

I just would like to know if its worth keep shoping around or the deal is good enough to close it.

Thanks in advance guys!

FWD or AWD?

Fwd 
    .00100 MF and 60% residual
    $800 lease cash

Was the $25,500 a negotiated price for a purchase? Because, I don't think you are getting that price on the lease.
    Which state is this?
    What is total amount Due at Signing?

Long story short, they quoted me on a SE by mistake, 28.5K msrp, 25.5 final. So numbers actually belong to this car, but I’m getting the sel instead. Amount due at signing is 600. Fl

Can't really calculate a payment without the actual selling price.
    The SEL has $300 less lease cash than the SE.
    Same money factor and residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    shafeyshafey Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2018
    Hi. What's the MF and RV for 36/10 lease of Tiguan SEL Premium (FWD and 4motion)? And what are the available incentives for each. Thanks.
  • Options
    shafey said:

Hi. What's the MF and RV for 36/10 lease of Tiguan SEL Premium (FWD and 4motion)? And what are the available incentives for each. Thanks.

FWD
    .00100 MF and 61% residual
    $800 lease cash

AWD
    .00065 MF and 62% residual
    No lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    saabotrsaabotr Member Posts: 19
    Hi guys...one last question that michaell kind of already answered but I wanted to follow up. Tomorrow, my wife and I are heading to the dealer to negotiate. I'm trying to anticipate potential obstacles. When the money factor and residual do eventually come up in the process, I'm going to say we want the .00065 mf and 59, 61 (15k and 12k, respectively, 36month) as quoted by you previously. They are inevitably going to ask where or how I got those numbers. I'm prepared to tell them it doesn't matter where I got them, the only thing that matters is that they're truthful and accurate. If I tell them I got the figures from Edmunds, they may say something to the effect, "Oh, those are not accurate figures..." or simply try to dismiss those figures as not accurate for whatever reason. I want them to have ZERO recourse when it comes to them questioning the validity of my numbers. Can you let me know from where those figures came? Volkswagen Credit? The leasing company, if different than vw credit? I've planned every single possible aspect of this process, including manually calculating the payments and fees, etc. I've got several federal leasing act disclosures filled out using different cap costs, i know how to calculate the MF using the rent charge...I'm prepared....but just curious as to the source of the figures. I guess at the end of the day, I'm not asking you to disclose your source....but simply asking what you would tell them when they inevitably ask. I'm leaning toward the "it doesn't matter" line....but what would you say? Sorry for the long post. Somewhat OCD with this stuff.
  • Options
    saabotr said:

Hi guys...one last question that michaell kind of already answered but I wanted to follow up. Tomorrow, my wife and I are heading to the dealer to negotiate. I'm trying to anticipate potential obstacles. When the money factor and residual do eventually come up in the process, I'm going to say we want the .00065 mf and 59, 61 (15k and 12k, respectively, 36month) as quoted by you previously. They are inevitably going to ask where or how I got those numbers. I'm prepared to tell them it doesn't matter where I got them, the only thing that matters is that they're truthful and accurate. If I tell them I got the figures from Edmunds, they may say something to the effect, "Oh, those are not accurate figures..." or simply try to dismiss those figures as not accurate for whatever reason. I want them to have ZERO recourse when it comes to them questioning the validity of my numbers. Can you let me know from where those figures came? Volkswagen Credit? The leasing company, if different than vw credit? I've planned every single possible aspect of this process, including manually calculating the payments and fees, etc. I've got several federal leasing act disclosures filled out using different cap costs, i know how to calculate the MF using the rent charge...I'm prepared....but just curious as to the source of the figures. I guess at the end of the day, I'm not asking you to disclose your source....but simply asking what you would tell them when they inevitably ask. I'm leaning toward the "it doesn't matter" line....but what would you say? Sorry for the long post. Somewhat OCD with this stuff.

Residuals can't be altered.
    VW leases always go through VW Credit.

No matter what you say, sales tactics are still possible. Are you going to try to convince them of numbers that they already know? If you are shopping for an AWD Tiguan, the money factor for leases up to 36 months is .00065. If you start with negotiating the selling price, just be sure to let them know you are leasing, and that you won't sign any lease that has a money factor above .00065.

There is nothing that I can tell you about our sources that will "shut them down". Tell them what you want, and vote with your feet, if you don't get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Very true. Feet are usually the most persuasive. I'll start by negotiating a purchase price. I don't plan on telling them lease or buy until after I negotiate price. Of course, they'll try to change the price after I tell them lease or tell me the price isn't negotiable for a lease, which we know isn't true...but I've run the numbers and have a cap cost in mind (and a max cap that we're willing to pay based on the max monthly payments we're comfortable with). Not that I care how they make their profit, but the numbers I've run seem impossibly low, almost too good to be true; however, we will have about 10k in trade in value so that reduced my cap quite a bit and....We are planning on getting two cars...I think that will be leverage for me. The trade ins will be a negotiation in and of itself....that's the very first item I'll be establishing, then the cap cost. The good news is that we can confidently walk because our existing cars will be paid off in July...but they're getting up there in mileage and declining value everyday, thus the idea of something new...anyway, thanks again for the reply. Wish me luck! I'll post back with hopefully good results. 
  • Options
    saabotr said:

Very true. Feet are usually the most persuasive. I'll start by negotiating a purchase price. I don't plan on telling them lease or buy until after I negotiate price. Of course, they'll try to change the price after I tell them lease or tell me the price isn't negotiable for a lease, which we know isn't true...but I've run the numbers and have a cap cost in mind (and a max cap that we're willing to pay based on the max monthly payments we're comfortable with). Not that I care how they make their profit, but the numbers I've run seem impossibly low, almost too good to be true; however, we will have about 10k in trade in value so that reduced my cap quite a bit and....We are planning on getting two cars...I think that will be leverage for me. The trade ins will be a negotiation in and of itself....that's the very first item I'll be establishing, then the cap cost. The good news is that we can confidently walk because our existing cars will be paid off in July...but they're getting up there in mileage and declining value everyday, thus the idea of something new...anyway, thanks again for the reply. Wish me luck! I'll post back with hopefully good results. 

Actually, factory to dealer incentives vary widely between purchase and lease, especially for VW. If your intention is to lease, it's best to let them know that, upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the info. They have our cars advertised on their website as follows: 34,260 MSRP, minus "dealer discount" of 2,426, minus "rebate" of 1,000 = 30,834, which is an amazing price for the SEL 4motion, just about at the true car average. Of course, right below that amount it speaks of a 60 month loan with 7% interest and over $6k down LOL! But you know they had to have bought the car below 30,834 to offer that price on their website....BUT that price does jive with what you said about incentives for them...got to me more for a loan vs. Lease, thus the great price. 

I know you don't comment on price but I'm using the advertised price of 30,834 as my starting point anyway. I will let them know it'll be for a lease. Everything is negotiable. I know I'll get pushback, but like I said, we'd be getting two cars so hopefully that'll count as leverage for me, to some extent. Jeez....I feel like I'm preparing for a battle here! Don't think I've studied this much since college...actually I think I studied less.
  • Options
    cmuajp727cmuajp727 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2018
    Could use your thoughts on this Tiguan. Thanks!!

Tiguan SEL Premium AWD
    NY, NY

36 months / 10k /year. All taxes and fees except DMW in the lease.

MSRP: $39,320

Selling Price: $38,500

Money factor: .00065

Residual Value: $24,378.40 at 62%

Monthly payment: $525 per month

Total due at Signing: $802(First payment+DMV)

All fees included in the lease: Acquisition Fee $395, Doc Fee $75, Window Etch $199, Administration Fee $590
  • Options
    cmuajp727 said:

Tiguan SEL Premium AWD
    NY, NY

All fees included in the lease: Acquisition Fee $395, Doc Fee $75, Window Etch $199, Administration Fee $590

Are you buying this car out-of-state?
    The discount is very, very small.
    The MF and residual are correct.
    The acquisition fee is $675
    No idea what the Administration Fee is for. Are you using a broker?

You can do better than this.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,823
    saabotr said:

Thanks for the info. They have our cars advertised on their website as follows: 34,260 MSRP, minus "dealer discount" of 2,426, minus "rebate" of 1,000 = 30,834, which is an amazing price for the SEL 4motion, just about at the true car average. Of course, right below that amount it speaks of a 60 month loan with 7% interest and over $6k down LOL! But you know they had to have bought the car below 30,834 to offer that price on their website....BUT that price does jive with what you said about incentives for them...got to me more for a loan vs. Lease, thus the great price. 

I know you don't comment on price but I'm using the advertised price of 30,834 as my starting point anyway. I will let them know it'll be for a lease. Everything is negotiable. I know I'll get pushback, but like I said, we'd be getting two cars so hopefully that'll count as leverage for me, to some extent. Jeez....I feel like I'm preparing for a battle here! Don't think I've studied this much since college...actually I think I studied less.

One car, two cars ... I don't think it matters.

But, you are at the end of the month, and if the dealer you are working with needs those two sales to hit a volume bonus target, you might get lucky with the price.

If the dealer has hit their volume targets, they may not be as inclined to cut you a great deal.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for doing the research.

Did I read right that you've got trade equity to use? If so, we recommend against it - that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled before the lease is up. And, it masks the true cost of the lease.

Would you pre-pay rent on an apartment? Leasing is meant to be 'pay as you go'.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Could use your thoughts on this Tiguan. Thanks!! Tiguan SEL Premium AWD NY, NY 36 months / 10k /year. All taxes and fees except DMW in the lease. MSRP: $39,320 Selling Price: $38,500 Money factor: .00065 Residual Value: $24,378.40 at 62% Monthly payment: $525 per month Total due at Signing: $802(First payment+DMV) All fees included in the lease: Acquisition Fee $395, Doc Fee $75, Window Etch $199, Administration Fee $590
    Are you buying this car out-of-state? The discount is very, very small. The MF and residual are correct. The acquisition fee is $675 No idea what the Administration Fee is for. Are you using a broker? You can do better than this.
    No buying in state as no one has this model except the dealer in NYC.  

No broker right now.  Recommend that route?

Agreed the discount is non existent.  
  • Options
    cmuajp727 said:

kyfdx said:

cmuajp727 said:

Tiguan SEL Premium AWD
    NY, NY

I just wondered..
    The fees don't make a lot of sense.
    VCI acquisition fee is $675, not $395.
    I've never seen an Administration Fee from a NY dealer. Seems like a slimy way to get around the $75 cap on doc fees.

No, you don't need a broker, but you might need to shop around.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

cmuajp727 said:

kyfdx said:

cmuajp727 said:

Tiguan SEL Premium AWD
    NY, NY

I just wondered..
    The fees don't make a lot of sense.
    VCI acquisition fee is $675, not $395.
    I've never seen an Administration Fee from a NY dealer. Seems like a slimy way to get around the $75 cap on doc fees.

No, you don't need a broker, but you might need to shop around.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Hello gentlemen. Well, I got the ball slowly rolling tonight, but it'll obviously be March if a deal is to be made. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to send March figures tomorrow (assuming they're available on the 1st)? Looking for MF and residual for 2018 SEL Tiguan 4motion, for both 36/15 and 36/12. Thank you.

So far, tonight they gave me an MSRP of 32,390 coming out to a total price of 34,585. The 34,585 is inclusive of several options like 3rd row (which we need), cargo net, monster mats, etc. I'm fine with these small add-on's. 34,585 is also inclusive of the standard $900 destination charge. My question is: when I'm calculating the residual, I do it off the actual MSRP, correct? NOT the "total price?" So I'd calculate the residual off of 32,390...

I also found out the money factor they want to charge. It's .00099....so they've essentially marked that up over 50%, which will most assuredly not fly. Curious about the March figures...I am interested to know, however, how they make their profit (not that I care too much about them and their profits...simply curious). If I insist on paying the "buy" rate or base rate MF, they obviously won't make their money there, correct? I'd assume that they make the "real" money on the depreciation fee portion of the payment, since that really makes up the bulk of the payment. Like I said, I could give a rats you know what about their profits but I'm nervous that if I strip away too much of their leverage, a deal simply will not get done. Does that make sense? I guess I'm just trying to get a better picture of exactly where they make their profits so I know which areas are more negotiable and which are less negotiable.

They also want to charge me 965.15 for....ehhhh..."tags." I have no idea what the heck is going on here. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania charges $53 for original title issuance and $37 for passenger vehicle registration. Am I interpreting the term tags incorrectly? Are they talking about gold plated or something? Lol! I'll definitely need to grill them on this, as those fees are set by the state. I mean, $965?? Is that a joke?

Lastly....Michaell....I hear what you were saying about using the equity in the trade ins. I understand that logic. Thank you for that.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. I'm hoping those March figures come out tomorrow so I can formulate a counter offer. Incidentally, this dealership is only 5 months old...wondering if that has anything to do with the exorbitant mark ups. Unbelievable.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Actually, just did a little more research and I believe the MSRP would be the higher amount....34,585.
  • Options
    jmejia15jmejia15 Member Posts: 12
    Hello- looking for March numbers if available -

Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion 36/10k & 36/12k in MA
    also would the r-line option affect residual or MF? I’m assuming it wouldn’t ($1,500 option that will be available this month) 

thanks in advance 
  • Options
    saabotr said:

Actually, just did a little more research and I believe the MSRP would be the higher amount....34,585.

.00215 MF and 58%/60% residual

You use the bottom line number on the government mandated window sticker. (That's the total number, including factory options and destination)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jmejia15 said:

Hello- looking for March numbers if available -

Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion 36/10k & 36/12k in MA
    also would the r-line option affect residual or MF? I’m assuming it wouldn’t ($1,500 option that will be available this month) 

thanks in advance 

.00215 MF and 61%/60% residual

Options don't affect the residual percentage. Of course, anything that raises the MSRP will affect the residual amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the info. Wow. I can't believe that the mf went from .00065 in February to .00215 in March. That's a huge increase. Is that kind of spike typical on a month to month basis? Makes the dealer quoted factor of .00099 seem down right low. 
  • Options
    saabotr said:

Thanks for the info. Wow. I can't believe that the mf went from .00065 in February to .00215 in March. That's a huge increase. Is that kind of spike typical on a month to month basis? Makes the dealer quoted factor of .00099 seem down right low. 

No.. not at all typical.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Not typical. Ok. I'd imagine these rates have got to be tied somehow to the broader interest rate market (mortgages, credit cards, etc.) which appear to be on the rise recently. I'll start my calculations over using the dealer rate of .00099 since that's lower than the current vw rate of .00215. We'll see how the numbers turn out. Stay tuned. Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    saabotr said:

Not typical. Ok. I'd imagine these rates have got to be tied somehow to the broader interest rate market (mortgages, credit cards, etc.) which appear to be on the rise recently. I'll start my calculations over using the dealer rate of .00099 since that's lower than the current vw rate of .00215. We'll see how the numbers turn out. Stay tuned. Thanks again for your help!

The dealer will likely have to re-write your deal using the new (higher) MF that was released today. Last night's offer is obsolete, now.

Increase could also be due to popularity, allowing VW to strike while the iron is hot for extra profit (gotta make those diesel dollars back somehow).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    slider95slider95 Member Posts: 8
    Hello. Can you please provide the MF and residual % for the following (Fulton County, Georgia, 30075):

2018 Tiguan SEL FWD
    36months/12K miles

2018 Tiguan SE FWD
    36months/12K miles

Also, are these reasonable for SE trim?
    MSRP: $29,255
    Selling Price: $25,718
    Taxable Fees: $675
    Doc Fee: $599
    Non Tax Fees: $49
    GATAVT: $110
  • Options
    slider95 said:

Hello. Can you please provide the MF and residual % for the following (Fulton County, Georgia, 30075):

2018 Tiguan SEL FWD
    36months/12K miles

2018 Tiguan SE FWD
    36months/12K miles

Also, are these reasonable for SE trim?
    MSRP: $29,255
    Selling Price: $25,718
    Taxable Fees: $675
    Doc Fee: $599
    Non Tax Fees: $49
    GATAVT: $110

SE FWD - .00161 and 59%
    SEL FWD - .00195 and 59%; $400 lease cash

Other than the doc fee which is overpriced, I don't see anything wrong with the numbers in that quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jimmykanjimmykan Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Could you provide mf, residual, lease cash for a Tiguan SEL FWD and SEL Premium 4MOTION zip 96813 - 36months/12K miles 36months/10K miles? Aloha!
  • Options
    jimmykan said:

Hello. Could you provide mf, residual, lease cash for a Tiguan SEL FWD and SEL Premium 4MOTION zip 96813 - 36months/12K miles 36months/10K miles? Aloha!

36/12
    SEL-FWD: .00195 MF and 59% residual. $400 lease cash
    SEL-AWD: .00215 MF and 60% residual

Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Guys... Need some logic induced here. Having a bit of a brain melt. Let's say I'm considering two leases, one for 36/15 (58%) and one for 36/12 (60%). I have two slightly different MSRP's... One for 34,585 and one for 34,260. Considering only the depreciation part of the payment and in order to maximize savings, I would want my higher MSRP car to go against the higher residual, so the 36/12 lease......correct?

I believe there is a minimal significance on the finance fee side of the payment, so most of my consideration should be given to the depreciation side, since that's the bulk of payment.
  • Options
    saabotr said:

Guys... Need some logic induced here. Having a bit of a brain melt. Let's say I'm considering two leases, one for 36/15 (58%) and one for 36/12 (60%). I have two slightly different MSRP's... One for 34,585 and one for 34,260. Considering only the depreciation part of the payment and in order to maximize savings, I would want my higher MSRP car to go against the higher residual, so the 36/12 lease......correct?

I believe there is a minimal significance on the finance fee side of the payment, so most of my consideration should be given to the depreciation side, since that's the bulk of payment.

2% of the difference in MSRP ($325) over 36 months is less than $10/mo

Get the mileage allowance you need - it won't make a material impact on the payment, as you can see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kerem500kerem500 Member Posts: 91
    Hi! Can you give the mf and residual for the VW Tiguan SE with 4Motion
    MSRP: $30,570
    Negociated Price: $25,900

Thanks!
  • Options
    kerem500 said:

Hi! Can you give the mf and residual for the VW Tiguan SE with 4Motion
    MSRP: $30,570
    Negociated Price: $25,900

Thanks!

36/15
    .00170 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    creditcardprcreditcardpr Member Posts: 24
    Hi guys, please provide mf and rv and incentives for 2018 tiguan awd all trims, Tennessee. 36/10

Thanks!
  • Options
    psuriana1psuriana1 Member Posts: 15
    Can you please tell me what the MF and Residual are for a Tiguan SE 4motion at 36months/12k miles in Washington state? Also are there any lease cash or incentives? Thank you!
  • Options
    Well, back to the drawing board....can you please let me know March mf and residual for 2018 SE 4motion, 36/15 and 36/12? Also, any lease cash incentives? I'm in York County, PA (17327).

Starting to think it just might not be a good time to lease a tiguan but we'll see. Thanks again.
  • Options

Hi guys, please provide mf and rv and incentives for 2018 tiguan awd all trims, Tennessee. 36/10

Thanks!

S - .00140 and 61%; $300 lease cash
    SE - .00170 and 61%
    SEL - .00215 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    psuriana1 said:

Can you please tell me what the MF and Residual are for a Tiguan SE 4motion at 36months/12k miles in Washington state? Also are there any lease cash or incentives? Thank you!

.00170 and 60%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    saabotr said:

Well, back to the drawing board....can you please let me know March mf and residual for 2018 SE 4motion, 36/15 and 36/12? Also, any lease cash incentives? I'm in York County, PA (17327).

Starting to think it just might not be a good time to lease a tiguan but we'll see. Thanks again.

.00170 and 58% / 60%
    No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    naaster75naaster75 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to leasing, in Illinois, so I got some numbers from a dealer on a new 2018 Tiguan. They used MSRP of 29,355, stating they could not use their listed sale price, 26,855, which I think was a ploy. I am upside down on my trade in by around 5,500 depending on offer, which they also lowballed me on, bringing that up to 6k, said my MF was 0.00211 which I can verify on their website for a 48 month lease, but they flashed the residual of something in the 60's at me and said they'd cover TTL and fees and I'd only need to pay my first month down, although I planned to pay 3k down. And it still came to around 555 dollars a month. I walked out and have researched this and cannot come to how they got to this number. What am I missing?
  • Options
    naaster75 said:

I'm new to leasing, in Illinois, so I got some numbers from a dealer on a new 2018 Tiguan. They used MSRP of 29,355, stating they could not use their listed sale price, 26,855, which I think was a ploy. I am upside down on my trade in by around 5,500 depending on offer, which they also lowballed me on, bringing that up to 6k, said my MF was 0.00211 which I can verify on their website for a 48 month lease, but they flashed the residual of something in the 60's at me and said they'd cover TTL and fees and I'd only need to pay my first month down, although I planned to pay 3k down. And it still came to around 555 dollars a month. I walked out and have researched this and cannot come to how they got to this number. What am I missing?

You were right to walk out. Nothing about that offer, or that dealer, was good.

1. You can certainly negotiate the price of the car, on a lease
    2. Lowball on trade
    3. Why are you trying to get out of a car where you are upside down? Even at $5500, that alone will add $150/mo for 36 months, or $115/mo for 48 months. Why not wait until you are in a better position.
    4. We suggest you only pay the first payment and any registration costs at signing; any money up front beyond that is at risk of loss if the car is stolen or totaled
    5. $500+ a month on a $30K SUV is a big, big payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bseebeckbseebeck Member Posts: 63
    Hello, looking for RS and MF for 2018 Tiguan SE 4Motion and SEL 4Motion at 36/12k and 36/15k in Seattle, Wa 98058. Thank in advance!
  • Options
    Good morning guys. On Saturday, I sent over offers on the Tiguans we're looking to lease. The dealer got back to me and said he would send his "counter" today, Monday. My question is....is it fair for me to ask that any counter be written on a federal consumer leasing act front page? That way, I'll be able to get a detailed view of everything that comprises the cash due at signing, rent charge, residual, fees, etc. At this point in the game, I've learned how to accurately fill that 1st page out in my sleep, know how to calculate MF using rent charge and overall know what to look for to make sure everything is on the up and up. So is it fair for me to ask that any counter be written on that form? I'm assuming it is fair since they're trying to sell me cars, but wanted to get your take. 
  • Options
    I should add that my concern is they'll say something like, "oh, we only fill that form out after we've struck a deal." I have no idea if they would say that, but trying to anticipate....Thanks again.
  • Options
    bseebeck said:

Hello, looking for RS and MF for 2018 Tiguan SE 4Motion and SEL 4Motion at 36/12k and 36/15k in Seattle, Wa 98058. Thank in advance!

36/15 numbers; add 2% for 12K

SE 4Motion - .00170 and 58%
    SEL 4Motion - .00215 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    saabotr said:

Good morning guys. On Saturday, I sent over offers on the Tiguans we're looking to lease. The dealer got back to me and said he would send his "counter" today, Monday. My question is....is it fair for me to ask that any counter be written on a federal consumer leasing act front page? That way, I'll be able to get a detailed view of everything that comprises the cash due at signing, rent charge, residual, fees, etc. At this point in the game, I've learned how to accurately fill that 1st page out in my sleep, know how to calculate MF using rent charge and overall know what to look for to make sure everything is on the up and up. So is it fair for me to ask that any counter be written on that form? I'm assuming it is fair since they're trying to sell me cars, but wanted to get your take. 

saabotr said:

I should add that my concern is they'll say something like, "oh, we only fill that form out after we've struck a deal." I have no idea if they would say that, but trying to anticipate....Thanks again.

You can ask, but I highly doubt any dealer will email you that document. If you find one, let us know.

You'll likely have to go to the dealer to get that kind of structure in their offer.

Fair? You do realize you're dealing with car dealers here, don't you? :laughing:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    You can ask, but I highly doubt any dealer will email you that document. If you find one, let us know. You'll likely have to go to the dealer to get that kind of structure in their offer. Fair? You do realize you're dealing with car dealers here, don't you? :laughing:
    Haha! Ok, I'll see what he says. 
  • Options
    jleffelljleffell Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2018
    Hi,

I am interested to know the MF and RV for the VW Tiguan SE FWD (36 months, 12k miles/year):

MSRP: $29,440
    Negotiated Price: $24,800

Thank you!
  • Options
    jleffell said:

Hi,

I am interested to know the MF and RV for the VW Tiguan SE FWD (36 months, 12k miles/year):

MSRP: $29,440
    Negotiated Price: $24,800

Thank you!

.00161 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    extend2goextend2go Member Posts: 20
    I'd like to get get RV/MF and lease cash for the following models with 36/12K lease term in NJ.
    - 2018 VW Tiguan S AWD / FWD
    - 2018 VW Tiguan SE AWD / FWD

Thank you for your helping in advance.