Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 BMW X3 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    tradecrafttradecraft Member Posts: 22
    Hi Michaell and kyfdx. I'm getting the attached deal on a 2019 X3 xDrive Lease. What do you think? Sales price is around 10k off MSRP with MSDs. Convenience, Driver Assist, Driver Assist Plus, Executive Package, Ventilated Seats.
    Better than I’m getting offered. Mind messaging me the dealer? I’m in NJ, too.
  • Options
    armstwaarmstwa Member Posts: 10
    Hi all, what is the money factor and residual for a 2018 s or x drive in 35203 36/10?
    It does not sound like there are any incentives this month? Thanks!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,385

Hi Michaell and kyfdx. I'm getting the attached deal on a 2019 X3 xDrive Lease.
    What do you think?

Sales price is around 10k off MSRP with MSDs.
    Convenience, Driver Assist, Driver Assist Plus, Executive Package, Ventilated Seats.

I'm just a few dollars off the calculated payment.

Looks solid; nice that MSDs are back, in a limited way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    djhiram said:

Going to the dealer today:

wanted to verify money factor and residual plus any offers available on 2018 x3 36/10. Plus what kind of discount to push for on new and also used/loaner. This is our 3rd lease as well.  We are in Miami, FL 33126.

Thanks!

.00166 and 59%
    No incentives
    7% off MSRP if new
    12-15% off if loaner

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    armstwa said:

Hi all, what is the money factor and residual for a 2018 s or x drive in 35203 36/10?
    It does not sound like there are any incentives this month? Thanks!

.00166 and 59%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hotapeyhotapey Member Posts: 5
    MF and RV on a 36/10 in 94015?

Please thanks

Also, do you know what rebates are combinable?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    hotapey said:

MF and RV on a 36/10 in 94015?

Please thanks

Also, do you know what rebates are combinable?

.00166 MF and 59% residual

Not aware of any rebates, other than loyalty. ($1500)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pcmichaelpcmichael Member Posts: 41
    How does this deal look? Any room left?
  • Options
    pcmichael said:

I get the same payment - 10% off sticker is quite strong, and coupled with the base MF, I don't see any place where you can improve on the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pcmichaelpcmichael Member Posts: 41
    Michaell said:
    I get the same payment - 10% off sticker is quite strong, and coupled with the base MF, I don't see any place where you can improve on the deal.
    Thank you Michael. With any luck it’ll be built in the first week of August and here before we know it! Can. Not. Wait!
  • Options
    samaga1samaga1 Member Posts: 10

Hi Michaell and kyfdx. I'm getting the attached deal on a 2019 X3 xDrive Lease.
    What do you think?

Sales price is around 10k off MSRP with MSDs.
    Convenience, Driver Assist, Driver Assist Plus, Executive Package, Ventilated Seats.

Can you please share details of the dealer? Is it a 2018 or a 2019 model?
  • Options
    bhattaraibhattarai Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at 2018 X3 priced at $48,335 (has panoramic roof, convenience package). Would like to know residual and money factor for following:

Zip: 98012
    • What is the money factor and residual for zip code 98012?
    • What is the realistic % off that I can shoot for?
    • Are acquisition fee, doc/title fee, tax on top of the sale price? Not sure if some of these are included as part of MSRP.
  • Options
    bhattarai said:

I am looking at 2018 X3 priced at $48,335 (has panoramic roof, convenience package). Would like to know residual and money factor for following:

Zip: 98012

• What is the money factor and residual for zip code 98012?
    • What is the realistic % off that I can shoot for?
    • Are acquisition fee, doc/title fee, tax on top of the sale price? Not sure if some of these are included as part of MSRP.
    1. 36/15 - .00166 and 56%
    2. 7% off MSRP is a good start
    3. All of those costs are in addition to the selling price. WA taxes the monthly payment on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    For 2018/19 X3 30i (zip 06901), what the the mf and residual for 36moths/7.5k mile?
  • Options
    samaga1 said:

For 2018/19 X3 30i (zip 06901), what the the mf and residual for 36moths/7.5k mile?

No 7500 mile allowance on the X3

36/10 for the 2018 - .00166 and 59%

2019 X3 lease thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/51140/bmw/x3/2019-bmw-x3-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mw080wmmw080wm Member Posts: 7
    Hi Michaell and kyfdx, what are the mf and residual for 2018 x3 xDrive30i, 36months/10k? zip code: 27519.

Also, Does BMW still offer UDE or Drive for Team USA credit? Do they still allow MSD?
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    edited July 2018
    Solicited quotes for lease from a local dealer by email. They asked if I owned a BMW, if I work and such and such companies, because apparently there are EPP programs at local big tech companies.

I said no.

The quote they sent didn't seem bad. They claimed it included all taxes, fees and even the disposition fee.

Then awhile later, a different guy sends me another quote, with this one having higher Cash Due and monthly payments so I asked him what happened to the other quote.

He tells me I work for Linked In (I do not) and so am not eligible for the previous lower price. Asks me how much I'd like to put down. I had made it clear to the original guy that I didn't want to put down anything, just drive off with first month and DMV.

Oh well, they're playing funny games these days.
  • Options
    mw080wm said:

Hi Michaell and kyfdx, what are the mf and residual for 2018 x3 xDrive30i, 36months/10k? zip code: 27519.

Also, Does BMW still offer UDE or Drive for Team USA credit? Do they still allow MSD?

Haven't seen either of those, lately. I think you had to participate in the event to get them.

We've heard that MSDs are available, regionally.. but, no specifics

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mw080wmmw080wm Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx said:

mw080wm said:

Haven't seen either of those, lately. I think you had to participate in the event to get them.

We've heard that MSDs are available, regionally.. but, no specifics

Thank you, kyfdx!
  • Options
    Hey Guys, working on a 2018 x3 loaner. I've got the attached latest quote. They call the $1,287 inception fees (and supposedly includes first payment). I've requested the breakdown of it twice now. How does this deal look?

• Options
    armstwa said:

Hey Guys, working on a 2018 x3 loaner. I've got the attached latest quote. They call the $1,287 inception fees (and supposedly includes first payment). I've requested the breakdown of it twice now. How does this deal look?

What state?
    Sales tax rate?
    Is $1287 the total amount out of your pocket?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Alabama. The tax rate is the one part of the lease equation I don't understand; is it just local? My city is 4%. State and county included is 9%.
    I'm told that is money out of pocket. Looking to get this locked up today before heading to the dealership.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

What state?
    Sales tax rate?
    Sorry for the double post on the tax part. Alabama. The tax rate is the one part of the lease equation I don't understand; is it just local? My city is 4%. State and county included is 9%.
    I got more color on the inception attached.

• Options
    armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

What state?
    Sales tax rate?
    Sorry for the double post on the tax part. Alabama. The tax rate is the one part of the lease equation I don't understand; is it just local? My city is 4%. State and county included is 9%.

I'm sorry, I don't know how Alabama taxes leased vehicles. They either tax the payment, or they tax the value of the vehicle (or part of it). I can't come close to figuring out your deal, without knowing how they handled the tax.

Also, how many miles are on the vehicle?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

What state?
    Sales tax rate?

I'm sorry, I don't know how Alabama taxes leased vehicles. They either tax the payment, or they tax the value of the vehicle (or part of it). I can't come close to figuring out your deal, without knowing how they handled the tax.

They tax the payment. I'm figuring it's about 8-9% based on the dealership's math. Supposedly 256 miles on the vehicle.
  • Options
    armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

What state?
    Sales tax rate?

They tax the payment. I'm figuring it's about 8-9% based on the dealership's math. Supposedly 256 miles on the vehicle.
    256 miles? I don't think that qualifies it as a loaner.

That's a big discount, mitigated a little by the dealer doc fee.

I get around $523/mo.+tax, which looks like it's about right.
    I don't see any issues with that deal. The car is virtually brand new.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cameljockecameljocke Member Posts: 9
    2018 loaner X3 with 2500+ miles on it, in So Cal.
    M-sport package, premium package, driving assistance package.
    listed price is 52k.
    Dealer is telling me that IS the discounted price.

Does that sound reasonable? Should I be aiming for 12-15% off a listed price, or the "pre-discounted price" that doesn't show up online?
  • Options

2018 loaner X3 with 2500+ miles on it, in So Cal.
    M-sport package, premium package, driving assistance package.
    listed price is 52k.
    Dealer is telling me that IS the discounted price.

Does that sound reasonable? Should I be aiming for 12-15% off a listed price, or the "pre-discounted price" that doesn't show up online?

What is the MSRP? You want 12-15% off that price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks for your help Michael.

I was given two offers by two dealers (So Cal) and was hoping for guidance on what is a fair/good offer.
    Both are 36/15k

Dealer 1:
    2018 X3 w/ 2500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP 59020
    Discount -7132
    Rebate -1500 (accepted costco rebate)
    Doc & other fees 660
    Total sell price: 51050
    0 down
    Monthly: $797/mo (MF 0.00166)

Dealer 2:
    2018 X3 w/ 4500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP (not given)
    Rebate 0 (will not accept costco rebate; "only for new cars")
    Total Sell price: 47188
    $800 drive off
    0 down
    Monthly: $653/mo (MF 0.00187 - tells me the 166 was last month only?)

Interested in how to approach the differences in MF and Costco rebate acceptance. Any thoughts/recs would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Options

I was given two offers by two dealers (So Cal) and was hoping for guidance on what is a fair/good offer.
    Both are 36/15k

Dealer 1:
    2018 X3 w/ 2500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP 59020
    Discount -7132
    Doc & other fees 660
    0 down

Dealer 2:
    2018 X3 w/ 4500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP (not given)
    $800 drive off
    0 down

Interested in how to approach the differences in MF and Costco rebate acceptance. Any thoughts/recs would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Until you know the MSRP on Dealer 2, you are flying blind.
    Unless you got this quote on July 5th or 6th, the money factor is indeed .00166 this month.

What is the drive-off on Dealer 1?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Both are 36/15k

Dealer 1:
    2018 X3 w/ 2500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP 59020
    Discount -7132
    Doc & other fees 660
    0 down

Dealer 2:
    2018 X3 w/ 4500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP (not given)
    $800 drive off
    0 down

Unless you got this quote on July 5th or 6th, the money factor is indeed .00166 this month.

Dealer 1 drive off - doesn't say

Dealer 2: MSRP is 54275 (gave it to me today); residual is 29377. That residual looks off..?
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

What state?
    Sales tax rate?

Funny. I show up and they present me the car and drive it. When I bring up some sticker discrepancies they notice they had the wrong mileage on the sheet and they had me in a 2019. This is after price negotiation so they said they would work their numbers and honor what they said. I actually got a 2018 with 4k miles on it.

Reviewed the numbers today and I made two rookie mistakes. 1) I went in not knowing how taxes are done in Alabama causing me to 2) not confirm I was getting the base money factor. I asked for the base money factor over the phone, was told I would get it, some numbers changed on my new sheet and without my knowledge of the taxes I assumed they gave me the .00166. Well they hadn't, and it will cost me about $1,000 over the life of the lease. In the end we love the car and I ended up with a 17% discount off MSRP so I chalk it up as my rookie mistake. I post this to reiterate it to other new to leasing folks. Thanks for all the help on the board!

Btw sonic automotive process sucks, took me nearly 5 hours after I had already negotiated price. This is 2018!
  • Options
    armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

kyfdx said:

armstwa said:

What state?
    Sales tax rate?

Funny. I show up and they present me the car and drive it. When I bring up some sticker discrepancies they notice they had the wrong mileage on the sheet and they had me in a 2019. This is after price negotiation so they said they would work their numbers and honor what they said. I actually got a 2018 with 4k miles on it.

Reviewed the numbers today and I made two rookie mistakes. 1) I went in not knowing how taxes are done in Alabama causing me to 2) not confirm I was getting the base money factor. I asked for the base money factor over the phone, was told I would get it, some numbers changed on my new sheet and without my knowledge of the taxes I assumed they gave me the .00166. Well they hadn't, and it will cost me about $1,000 over the life of the lease. In the end we love the car and I ended up with a 17% discount off MSRP so I chalk it up as my rookie mistake. I post this to reiterate it to other new to leasing folks. Thanks for all the help on the board!

Btw sonic automotive process sucks, took me nearly 5 hours after I had already negotiated price. This is 2018!
    17% is a massive discount on a BMW; not surprised they got some of that back with an inflated MF.

Congrats, and enjoy the new BMW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

kyfdx said:

Both are 36/15k

Dealer 1:
    2018 X3 w/ 2500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP 59020
    Discount -7132
    Doc & other fees 660
    0 down

Dealer 2:
    2018 X3 w/ 4500 miles
    Nav, M-sport
    MSRP (not given)
    $800 drive off
    0 down

Dealer 1 drive off - doesn't say

Dealer 2: MSRP is 54275 (gave it to me today); residual is 29377. That residual looks off..?
    No.. the residual is correct. You have to reduce the residual by $0.25/mile, for existing mileage.

Even with the lower MSRP, Deal #2 looks better.
    But, you should clarify all of the numbers, to see where you have room to negotiate.

Also, look at the equipment on both models, and see if something is missing that you really want. $4800 difference in MSRP is a lot of options.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sachk222sachk222 Member Posts: 10
    For 2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i, what is the MF and residual for 10k/36, zipcode 60467
  • Options
    sachink said:

For 2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i, what is the MF and residual for 10k/36, zipcode 60467

.00166 and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ajakvaniajakvani Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help with this lease deal. It’s for a 2018 x3 m40i. Any help or advice is much appreciated!

• Options
    Hi Michael and Othes, I hope you can help me with the two options here on the same car : lease vs buying of 2018 X3 30i xdrive

Option 1: Leasing 36months/10k mil
    MSRP: $56,245
    sell price: $49,995 (dealer disc of $6,250)
    bmw rebate: $1500
    mf: 0.00166
    residual: 59%
    tax: zip code (06901), 7.75% on cars above $50k
    Down payment: $0
    drive off: $1900 = $925 + $499 (doc fee) + tax/reg
    monthly payment: $591 (lease)

Option 2: buying the same car 
    bmw rebate: $3000
    Apr: 1.0%
    loan term: 60 months
    monthly payment: $882 (incl 7.75% taxes)

The problem I’m facing is that if I finance the car from bmw they are offering me much lower interest rate (1%) and additional $1500 in rebates. I understand that leasing and buying are 2 different things but I have money to afford the higher finance installment. If I were to keep the car for 3 years which one should I do?
  • Options
    ajakvani said:

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help with this lease deal. It’s for a 2018 x3 m40i. Any help or advice is much appreciated!

That's a really good deal. I'm amazed at the discounting plus rebates on these models. I guess they have to make up for the 5% residual drop from the old model.

Not one issue with your deal. No markups or garbage fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    samaga1 said:

Hi Michael and Othes, I hope you can help me with the two options here on the same car : lease vs buying of 2018 X3 30i xdrive

Option 1: Leasing 36months/10k mil
    monthly payment: $591 (lease)

Option 2: buying the same car 
    bmw rebate: $3000
    Apr: 1.0%
    loan term: 60 months
    monthly payment: $882 (incl 7.75% taxes)

The problem I’m facing is that if I finance the car from bmw they are offering me much lower interest rate (1%) and additional $1500 in rebates. I understand that leasing and buying are 2 different things but I have money to afford the higher finance installment. If I were to keep the car for 3 years which one should I do?

Do you think you'll sell the car in three years? Or, even four?
    Then, lease it.

Don't get caught up in the finance vs. lease rate. Assume you won't get much more for your car than what you owe on it, after three years... Certainly not enough to make up for the extra $10K you've put into payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks, I get the argument between lease and buy. Do you think that the lease deal is good on its own?
  • Options
    samaga1 said:

Thanks, I get the argument between lease and buy. Do you think that the lease deal is good on its own?

Yes, I do..

I've leased and owned BMWs. If you can stay within the mileage limits, it's hard to argue for keeping the vehicle past it's 36 month lease term. I've tried it both ways. If I could get my wife to drive less, we'd be leasing her X3, instead of owning it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdk! Although I meant the deal I shared below is good or not. Do you agree with the lease maths?

Leasing 36months/10k mi, 2019 X3 28i (custom order)
    monthly payment: $591 (lease, includes $42 if taxes per month)
  • Options
    samaga1 said:

Thanks kyfdk! Although I meant the deal I shared below is good or not. Do you agree with the lease maths?

I thought sales tax in CT was 6.35%? Didn't realize it was tiered based on MSRP.

I get a much higher payment with those numbers (over $600/mo, before tax)

The $591/mo includes the taxes? If so, it should be in your driveway.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    samaga1 said:

See my earlier reply... yes, it's a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    belwah87belwah87 Member Posts: 23
    Zip code 22314. 36/12

What are MF and residual for BOTH x3 xdrive30i and xdriveM40i? We want a 2018, but may have to order 2019 to get options and color combo.

Thanks.
  • Options
    belwah87 said:

Zip code 22314. 36/12

What are MF and residual for BOTH x3 xdrive30i and xdriveM40i? We want a 2018, but may have to order 2019 to get options and color combo.

Thanks.

.00166 and 58% for both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mavs605mavs605 Member Posts: 8
    Leasing 36months/10k mi, 2018 X3 30i, zip code: 11803
    MSRP: $49,985
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $46,000.33
    MF: 0.00158
    Residual: 59%
    Tax: 1,990.35
    Fees: 937.5
    Doc Fee: 75
    Misc Fee: 10
    drive off: $3,611.85
    monthly payment: $599
    Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    phanfromcheesephanfromcheese Member Posts: 7
    Good Afternoon from Arizona. Could I please obtain the MF and residual of a 2018 X3 M40i? Has Premium and Parking packages with an MSRP of $63,920. Located in Phoenix, AZ. Looking for 3y/10K and 12K. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    phanfromcheesephanfromcheese Member Posts: 7
    Also, anyone with an idea of what the typical percentage discount off of MSRP these days would be, please chime in.