Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2019 BMW 5-Series Lease Deals and Prices

2456739

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250

    Custom ordered a 2019 530e iPerformance - MSRP $53,400 w/ options & destination $73,945. Car arrives at dealership today. 36/15K lease not yet negotiated. 700+ Auto 8 score. Sales rep told me we had to negotiate once the car arrived. Current Costco member. Zip 90278. Can you confirm current MF & Residual? Also, what % discount should I push for off cap cost? I'm flexible on down payment, but if possible would love to get monthly around $800.

    .00166 MF and 58% residual

    Generally, we suggest 7% off MSRP.

    By not negotiating the price when ordering, you don't have much leverage, unless you are willing to walk away.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • bchcruiserbchcruiser Redondo BeachPosts: 3
    Thank you and I figured as much. Pickup is Friday or Saturday. I'm going to get a competing offer and be willing to reorder with another dealer. Does BMW just pocket the $7500 tax credit on eligible hybrids and is there any leverage there to get MSRP down assuming I haven't already committed to buying the car?
  • zoombie99zoombie99 North JerseyPosts: 310
    Michaell said:

    zoombie99 said:

    Picked up a 2019 540x with my must haves including multicontoured seats, 3D view, full LEDs. Love it!

    Bluestone with Night Blue interior. 


    Congrats!

    Care to share your deal details with us?

    And, you'll need to update your signature block.
    Thanks, I just did. About 13% off MSRP (with OL, Costco, loyalty)
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • zoombie99zoombie99 North JerseyPosts: 310

    Thank you and I figured as much. Pickup is Friday or Saturday. I'm going to get a competing offer and be willing to reorder with another dealer. Does BMW just pocket the $7500 tax credit on eligible hybrids and is there any leverage there to get MSRP down assuming I haven't already committed to buying the car?

    How can you have a "binding" contract without a quote?
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250

    Thank you and I figured as much. Pickup is Friday or Saturday. I'm going to get a competing offer and be willing to reorder with another dealer. Does BMW just pocket the $7500 tax credit on eligible hybrids and is there any leverage there to get MSRP down assuming I haven't already committed to buying the car?

    I'm not sure the Hybrids actually get the full $7500 tax credit.
    But, if you are purchasing, and there is a Federal tax credit, you will definitely get it.
    On a lease, the bank gets the credit. Many manufacturers pass along the credit in the form of a rebate, but then that vehicle usually has a much lower residual. In this case, the 530e has the same residual as the gas model, and is more popular, so no rebates.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250
    zoombie99 said:

    Thank you and I figured as much. Pickup is Friday or Saturday. I'm going to get a competing offer and be willing to reorder with another dealer. Does BMW just pocket the $7500 tax credit on eligible hybrids and is there any leverage there to get MSRP down assuming I haven't already committed to buying the car?

    How can you have a "binding" contract without a quote?
    Who said, "binding"?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • bchcruiserbchcruiser Redondo BeachPosts: 3
    kyfdx said:

    zoombie99 said:

    Thank you and I figured as much. Pickup is Friday or Saturday. I'm going to get a competing offer and be willing to reorder with another dealer. Does BMW just pocket the $7500 tax credit on eligible hybrids and is there any leverage there to get MSRP down assuming I haven't already committed to buying the car?

    How can you have a "binding" contract without a quote?
    Who said, "binding"?
    No binding contract. $500 deposit I can walk away from. Sales rep insisted that MSRP was negotiated only once the vehicle was received. Getting competitive pricing from another dealer today and negotiating tomorrow. Will let you know where I land.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 North JerseyPosts: 310
    zoombie99 said:
    Thank you and I figured as much. Pickup is Friday or Saturday. I'm going to get a competing offer and be willing to reorder with another dealer. Does BMW just pocket the $7500 tax credit on eligible hybrids and is there any leverage there to get MSRP down assuming I haven't already committed to buying the car?
    How can you have a "binding" contract without a quote?
    My bad. You referenced assuming you haven’t already committed to buying the car as if you weren’t sure. 
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • jjemj14jjemj14 Posts: 5
    Dealership has of course asked me to come in to review numbers with Sales Mgr on 2019 M550. Previously you came up with $1064/month before tax on a 15k 36m lease with the attachment I sent. Do you have a breakdown on your calculations so when I go in I know how you got there? Much appreciated. 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    jjemj14 said:

    Dealership has of course asked me to come in to review numbers with Sales Mgr on 2019 M550. Previously you came up with $1064/month before tax on a 15k 36m lease with the attachment I sent. Do you have a breakdown on your calculations so when I go in I know how you got there? Much appreciated. 

    Here are my calculations:


    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Never leased before. Negotiated price and placed order on 2019 M550. Considering 15k 36m, can you please provide any assistance. No lease terms negotiated.


  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674

    Never leased before. Negotiated price and placed order on 2019 M550. Considering 15k 36m, can you please provide any assistance. No lease terms negotiated.


    You're asking about a 2019, yet the screen shot clearly states it's a 2018 model year.

    Note, also, that those prices are under a heading called "Purchase Option"; those are not going to be the same numbers associated with the lease payments at the bottom.

    Ask the dealer for the adjusted CAP cost used for their payment quote, and how they arrived at that number from the selling price.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Will do. That’s pure laziness on their end. Their first proposal was on the last day of 2018 model. He is just using same quote and adjusting price.
  • Is there a adjusted CAP I should be aiming for? Appreciate the time. I have always purchased and negotiated price for purchase. I have been reading some post and seems most are leasing. Want to look at both sides. Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674

    Is there a adjusted CAP I should be aiming for? Appreciate the time. I have always purchased and negotiated price for purchase. I have been reading some post and seems most are leasing. Want to look at both sides. Thanks

    7% off MSRP, plus incentives

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dhop90dhop90 AustinPosts: 2
    Can I get residual, MF and preferred discount % on a BMW 2019 540i Xdrive fully loaded, I'm in zip code 78732, I qualify for customer loyalty program. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250
    dhop90 said:

    Can I get residual, MF and preferred discount % on a BMW 2019 540i Xdrive fully loaded, I'm in zip code 78732, I qualify for customer loyalty program. Thanks

    36/15
    .00166 MF and 58% residual
    $2000 loyalty

    Shoot for 7% off MSRP, before deducting incentives

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • dhop90dhop90 AustinPosts: 2
    Thanks. I'm looking at 36 months 12k miles does that change any of the numbers?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    dhop90 said:

    Thanks. I'm looking at 36 months 12k miles does that change any of the numbers?

    60% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sanjabasanjaba Posts: 40
    edited September 2018
    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid
    MSRP - 62235
    10K/36 Monthe lease
    MF = 0.00166
    Residual = 60%
    Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15
    Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49
    Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27
    How do the numbers above look for a 2019.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    sanjaba said:

    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid
    MSRP - 62235
    10K/36 Monthe lease
    MF = 0.00166
    Residual = 60%
    Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15
    Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49
    Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27
    How do the numbers above look for a 2019.

    If I use 5.35% tax rate, I get $684/mo.

    Quote looks to be in the ballpark.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Michaell said:
    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid MSRP - 62235 10K/36 Monthe lease MF = 0.00166 Residual = 60% Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15 Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49 Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27 How do the numbers above look for a 2019.
    If I use 5.35% tax rate, I get $684/mo. Quote looks to be in the ballpark.

    The sales tax rate for CT state for cars above $50k is 7.75%. So if you use that tu our monthly number would be higher then $684 is that correct.

    Thanks Micheal.

  • solomonshvsolomonshv NYCPosts: 40
    edited September 2018
    dsb6745 said:

    My adjusted cap cost is 56600
    Down payment 8500
    Mf ,00196 since it's Ed
    10/36
    61 percentage residual
    MSRP is 61985
    7.75tax
    Total fees 1671
    Payment total is 626

    Is this a good deal

    Thanks

    absolutely atrocious numbers. there is no way a 62k 5 series should cost that much. i ordered my 2018 540ix in august of last year, 72K MSRP, ~$1600 down (bank, 1st month, DMV only) with $809/month payment.

    you are paying more for a car that costs $10,000 less, in a state that charges less sales tax than mine (8.875%). ED or not, those numbers are terrible.

    right now i'm negotiating a lease for 2019 M550, and I'm getting about $100/month more (compared to your lease) for a cost that costs nearly 80K.
  • Michaell said:

    sanjaba said:

    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid
    MSRP - 62235
    10K/36 Monthe lease
    MF = 0.00166
    Residual = 60%
    Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15
    Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49
    Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27
    How do the numbers above look for a 2019.

    If I use 5.35% tax rate, I get $684/mo.

    Quote looks to be in the ballpark.
    Michael what would be the monthly cost with the tax date of 7.75%?
  • The September lease deals have been posted online.

    Here’s what I could figure out from the sample offer for a 2019 M550i (30K miles, 3 years):

    MSRP: $77,145
    Selling Price: $76,110 (reflects a discount of $1035)

    Residual: 47,058 (=61%)
    Money Factor: 0.00167 (=4% interest rate)

    Monthly Payment: $909

    Paid at inception: $5334 (see break down below)
    Acquisition fee: $925
    Cap cost reduction: $3500
    First Month Payment: $909

    This should be your starting point for negotiation. Don’t forget to factor in BMW incentives to sweeten the deal!

    Hope this helps.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    sanjaba said:

    Michaell said:

    sanjaba said:

    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid
    MSRP - 62235
    10K/36 Monthe lease
    MF = 0.00166
    Residual = 60%
    Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15
    Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49
    Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27
    How do the numbers above look for a 2019.

    If I use 5.35% tax rate, I get $684/mo.

    Quote looks to be in the ballpark.
    Michael what would be the monthly cost with the tax date of 7.75%?
    NY tax rate? That wouldn't apply if you are registering the car in CT.

    And, the tax rate is a typo - I'm pretty sure the tax rate is 6.35% (which is what I used in my calculation)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    Teeniv said:

    The September lease deals have been posted online.

    Here’s what I could figure out from the sample offer for a 2019 M550i (30K miles, 3 years):

    MSRP: $77,145
    Selling Price: $76,110 (reflects a discount of $1035)

    Residual: 47,058 (=61%)
    Money Factor: 0.00167 (=4% interest rate)

    Monthly Payment: $909

    Paid at inception: $5334 (see break down below)
    Acquisition fee: $925
    Cap cost reduction: $3500
    First Month Payment: $909

    This should be your starting point for negotiation. Don’t forget to factor in BMW incentives to sweeten the deal!

    Hope this helps.

    MF is the same as last month, at .00166

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Michaell said:



    MF is the same as last month, at .00166

    Thanks for the correction
  • Just received a quote for a 2019 530Xi:

    MSRP - $58835
    Selling Price: $50135
    Residual: $32,837
    MF: 0.00166
    18K miles a year, 36 months, $3500 total out of pocket.

    Monthly payment with NY tax - $689 month

    Is this a good deal??
  • Michaell said:
    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid MSRP - 62235 10K/36 Monthe lease MF = 0.00166 Residual = 60% Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15 Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49 Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27 How do the numbers above look for a 2019.
    If I use 5.35% tax rate, I get $684/mo. Quote looks to be in the ballpark.
    Michael what would be the monthly cost with the tax date of 7.75%?
    NY tax rate? That wouldn't apply if you are registering the car in CT. And, the tax rate is a typo - I'm pretty sure the tax rate is 6.35% (which is what I used in my calculation)
    For cars costing greater than 50k the tax rate in CT is 7.75 %. Apprecoate what the monthly lease payment would be with 7.75
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    jlembo151 said:

    Just received a quote for a 2019 530Xi:

    MSRP - $58835
    Selling Price: $50135
    Residual: $32,837
    MF: 0.00166
    18K miles a year, 36 months, $3500 total out of pocket.

    Monthly payment with NY tax - $689 month

    Is this a good deal??

    I get $618/mo with those numbers; ask the dealer what the CAP cost is for that quote, and how they got there from the selling price.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    sanjaba said:


    Michaell said:

    sanjaba said:

    Michaell said:

    sanjaba said:

    For a 2019 530 E Plug-In-Hybrid
    MSRP - 62235
    10K/36 Monthe lease
    MF = 0.00166
    Residual = 60%
    Monthly lease inclusive of Tax (CT State zip 06851, dealer in NY) - 675.15
    Reg + Doc Fee + Bank Fee + Tax on rebate = $1690.49
    Net Adjusted Cap Cost = 54967.27
    How do the numbers above look for a 2019.

    If I use 5.35% tax rate, I get $684/mo.

    Quote looks to be in the ballpark.
    Michael what would be the monthly cost with the tax date of 7.75%?
    NY tax rate? That wouldn't apply if you are registering the car in CT.

    And, the tax rate is a typo - I'm pretty sure the tax rate is 6.35% (which is what I used in my calculation)

    For cars costing greater than 50k the tax rate in CT is 7.75 %. Apprecoate what the monthly lease payment would be with 7.75

    $693/mo

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • epyongwepyongw Posts: 9
    edited September 2018
    What are the MF and residual for 540xi and m550 for 36/12 and 36/10? 19087 zip code. Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    epyongw said:

    What are the MF and residual for 540xi and m550 for 36/12 and 36/10? 19087 zip code. Thank you

    .00166 and 60% / 61%
    No lease incentives

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bradpwilliamsbradpwilliams Charlotte, NCPosts: 7
    Looking at a 540 xDrive with MSRP (incl. 995 destination charge) of $69,010. What would be good lease terms on this vehicle for 36/10 with <$5K total out of pocket? 28211 zip code. Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674

    Looking at a 540 xDrive with MSRP (incl. 995 destination charge) of $69,010. What would be good lease terms on this vehicle for 36/10 with <$5K total out of pocket? 28211 zip code. Thanks.</p>

    .00166 and 61%

    We'd need a selling price to be able to give you a payment.

    Why put up so much cash on a lease?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bradpwilliamsbradpwilliams Charlotte, NCPosts: 7
    Selling price $63,500. Assume $3K out of pocket. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250

    Selling price $63,500. Assume $3K out of pocket. Thanks!

    $770/mo.+tax
    Assuming 1st payment and all other fees/charges upfront
    (without any further CAP reduction)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • bradpwilliamsbradpwilliams Charlotte, NCPosts: 7
    Thanks.
  • _Turks1_Turks1 01144Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I was looking for MF, residual, etc... on a 2019 X5 50i for 36 mo/12k miles.
    Just started negotiations and received a purchase price of 4.5% off of MSRP without any rebates/discounts.

    Also, does anyone know if I have to be current Costco member to receive a discount, or can I simply just go become a member?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    _Turks1 said:

    Hello,
    I was looking for MF, residual, etc... on a 2019 X5 50i for 36 mo/12k miles.
    Just started negotiations and received a purchase price of 4.5% off of MSRP without any rebates/discounts.

    Also, does anyone know if I have to be current Costco member to receive a discount, or can I simply just go become a member?

    This is the 5-series lease thread; the X5 thread can be found here:

    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/46962/bmw/x5/2018-bmw-x5-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Looking to lease a 2019 BMW M5 Competition Package in the South West FL area (ZIP 34236)... 36 months/10k miles.

    Can you help me with money factor, residual, target % off msrp, rebates/discounts, etc?

    Also, what would those numbers look like for European Delivery?

    Thanks much!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    cjsblues said:

    Looking to lease a 2019 BMW M5 Competition Package in the South West FL area (ZIP 34236)... 36 months/10k miles.

    Can you help me with money factor, residual, target % off msrp, rebates/discounts, etc?

    Also, what would those numbers look like for European Delivery?

    Thanks much!

    .00166 and 51%
    No lease cash

    7% off MSRP

    Add .00030 to MF, but waive the 2nd payment for ED

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hi Guys - I need the .mf and residual numbers for:

    530i RWD 10kmiles/36months
    530i AWD 10kmiles/36months

    Zip code: 33020 (Florida)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250

    Hi Guys - I need the .mf and residual numbers for:

    530i RWD 10kmiles/36months
    530i AWD 10kmiles/36months

    Zip code: 33020 (Florida)

    .00166 MF
    61% residual
    either drive

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Can you please tell me the difference in MF and RV for a 2018 540i vs 2019 540i for 36/15. Also what rebates and dealer cash is available for each?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    vicenza said:

    Can you please tell me the difference in MF and RV for a 2018 540i vs 2019 540i for 36/15. Also what rebates and dealer cash is available for each?

    What ZZIP code?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hi Guys,

    Can you please give me the MF and the Residual Factor for

    2019 530i xDrive Sedan- Executive Tier - 61,650
    Luxury Design

    2019 530i Xdrive Sedan MSRP - 60,750
    M Sport

    10k/36 Months
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250

    Hi Guys,

    Can you please give me the MF and the Residual Factor for

    2019 530i xDrive Sedan- Executive Tier - 61,650
    Luxury Design

    2019 530i Xdrive Sedan MSRP - 60,750
    M Sport

    10k/36 Months

    In NJ?

    .00166 MF and 61% residual
    Either trim

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 176,250
    vicenza said:

    Can you please tell me the difference in MF and RV for a 2018 540i vs 2019 540i for 36/15. Also what rebates and dealer cash is available for each?

    2019: .00166 MF and 58% residual

    Need ZIP to check for incentives

    2018 discussion is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/44735/bmw/5-series/2018-bmw-5-series-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.