Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    Blown5_0 said:

Boston Honda internet department emailed me back after I threw out a price and said their job is to assist me in my research, not sell me the car.  I asked them who I should email.... Crickets. 

Thats a sales tactic that is new to me.. a dealer that is not out to sell you a car ! Sounds like they want to become your buddy so you'll buy from them. be cautious, they are not your friend
  • Options
    bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    Blown5_0 said:
    Boston Honda internet department emailed me back after I threw out a price and said their job is to assist me in my research, not sell me the car.  I asked them who I should email.... Crickets. 
    Who emailed you? Samantha L.? If they are playing games just move on. 
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • Options
    Blown5_0Blown5_0 Member Posts: 18
    Blown5_0 said:
    Who emailed you? Samantha L.? If they are playing games just move on. 
    Yea it was Samantha.
  • Options
    Blown5_0 said:
    Lundgren in Auburn has been the only one to negotiate thus far. 
    If you can wait till the end of the month/quarter, I am sure more dealers will be calling/emailing you to come in for their best deal. 

Good luck. 
  • Options
    I just bought a 1.5 Touring for 27500 including my 500 college grad incentive. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Blown5_0 said:
    I just bought a 1.5 Touring for 27500 including my 500 college grad incentive. 
    Congrats. What a smoking deal! Did that include any Flex cash? If yes, $1k?
    No BS dealer add-ons?
  • Options
    1500 flex cash... No dealer add ons.  I dealt directly with the GM and he was awesome.  So I got an additional 2294 below invoice prior to flex cash... Then the additional 500 for college grad.  Total below invoice 4294.
  • Options
    Btw this was in Northampton.  Stopped in there bc I was in the area for a soccer game.  No email quotes or anything.  The GM is a car guy like me, and he didn't even mess around.  Was as professional and honest as you could ever want and gave me a great quote right off the bat.  
  • Options
    ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    Blown5_0 said:

1500 flex cash... No dealer add ons.  I dealt directly with the GM and he was awesome.  So I got an additional 2294 below invoice prior to flex cash... Then the additional 500 for college grad.  Total below invoice 4294.

Seems like a great deal! Can you share the GM's name? I may see what he can do on a Touring 2.0 lease. They are less than three hours away from me, well worth the trip of it saves even $25/mo.
  • Options
    Mike Lapointe... He has a 2.0 Touring demo that he drove that he will deal on.  I needed the better mileage of the 1.5 otherwise I would have jumped on the demo. 
  • Options
    Just a warning fees in MA are high.  Mine were 499.  Lowest I came across was 398 but that dealer wasn't close on price. 
  • Options
    Blown5_0 said:
    Congrats on your deal. Give yourself a tap on the back. What color combination did you get?
  • Options
    White with ivory. 
  • Options
    markwildmarkwild Member Posts: 8
    Questions about Honda Accord Lease Deals...
    I'm in Los Angeles and planning on leasing a sport 1.5 or 2.0, but I'm confused about a couple things.
    a) What is Flex Cash? I see it mentioned in this and other threads. How much is it for a Sport 1.5 or 2.0?
    b) For the college graduate incentive, is that only for "recent" college graduates? (Class of 87 here!)
    c) A buddy of mine always gets HondaCare included in his leases. I haven't seen it mentioned here. Anyone else successful in getting it rolled in at zero (or near zero) costs?
    -Mark
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited September 2018
    Flex cash is another name for "dealer cash", which unlike a consumer rebate that must be given to the customer and applied after the purchase (and also after sales tax), can be used any way the dealer decides to. Ask all your targeted dealers if they have Flex and how much if you finance / lease vehicle. Depending On How Many cars and what kind of units A dealership sells...... HONDA will award that dealer Flex Cash.

College grad= $500. within 2 yrs of graduating only

When leasing. your covered 3yr, 36k... why do you want Honda care . you don't need it.

There is no incentive lease money on the sport models at this time

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    edited September 2018
    markwild said:
    Questions about Honda Accord Lease Deals... I'm in Los Angeles and planning on leasing a sport 1.5 or 2.0, but I'm confused about a couple things. a) What is Flex Cash? I see it mentioned in this and other threads. How much is it for a Sport 1.5 or 2.0? b) For the college graduate incentive, is that only for "recent" college graduates? (Class of 87 here!) c) A buddy of mine always gets HondaCare included in his leases. I haven't seen it mentioned here. Anyone else successful in getting it rolled in at zero (or near zero) costs? -Mark
    To add to what @brian125 has said - do not waste money on HondaCare. Hondas are reliable and as long you do your regular oil changes (should not cost more than $50 at a dealership or even cheaper at Meineke or any other shop), you will be fine. Save that HondaCare money.
    As for Flex cash/dealer cash, just beware that not all dealers will have it and for those that have it, they only have a limited amount available. It does run out.
    One last piece of advise when getting price quotes, whether it is for a purchase or a lease - always ask the dealer for a price breakdown so that you know what you are paying for. If a dealer is not being forthcoming with information, move on to the next dealer.

Good luck. 
  • Options
    My dealer openly told me what was available for flex cash.  You should look for a dealer who will be honest with you right out of the gate. 
  • Options
    loboco23loboco23 Member Posts: 17
    2018 Honda Accord Sport VIN: 1HGCV1F3XJA208535 Stock #: JA208535
    Mileage: 5 Color: Lunar Silver

Any insight into this deal? Current MF too.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    loboco23 said:

.00092 MF

That's a terrible deal.
    $2370 in accessories??? for what?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited September 2018
    loboco23 said:

Run away from this dealer. Your sale price is about $214 above invoice. They are charging you $2370.60 for accessories?
    There is a lease thread here, where you can ask for MF and RV info.

Good thing you posted your deal here for review.
  • Options
    loboco23 said:

Agreed

Bad deal............ Run away fast.... @215 above invoice price plus $2370 in accessories rammed down your throat !

• Options
    loboco23loboco23 Member Posts: 17
    They have the black rim added on to the vehicle which is the reason why the added cost for the accessories. I like the look of the car with the rims so I asked for a proposal. Should I still run?
  • Options
    I would target a 2000 below invoice price @$22,483 plus a discounted black rim at dealer invoice for a sale today. Good luck

• Options
    This month ends the 3rd sales quarter. Waiting to buy/ lease at the end of the month will net you a better deal, unless dealer has FLEX cash to offer that is substantial......and your deal falls in the 2k to 3k below invoice price range.

• Options
    sadlemoncakesadlemoncake Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, really appreciate the info sharing here! I'm looking at a 2018 Accord Sport 1.5T; dealer has already added wheel locks & splash guard. While I wouldn't have added those on my own, I'm fine keeping them. FYI, I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Dealer quoted me: $24,147 + $599 docs + $1909 TAVT + $175 tax/title/eregistration = $27,269 OTD.

Every other dealer (other makes etc.) is only charging $44 tax/title so I intend to refute the $175 asked here. I also want to knock at least $1,500 off the base to get me in line with the $ off invoice recommended in this forum.

Thoughts on the following as a counter?
    $22,647 + $599 + $1800 TAVT (guesstimate based on lower base) + $44 tax/title = $25,090 OTD

And maybe also asking for the trunk tray since that seems to be part of the package that includes the locks/splash guard per honda.com?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    john4546john4546 Member Posts: 54

Hi everyone, really appreciate the info sharing here! I'm looking at a 2018 Accord Sport 1.5T; dealer has already added wheel locks & splash guard. While I wouldn't have added those on my own, I'm fine keeping them. FYI, I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Dealer quoted me: $24,147 + $599 docs + $1909 TAVT + $175 tax/title/eregistration = $27,269 OTD.

Every other dealer (other makes etc.) is only charging $44 tax/title so I intend to refute the $175 asked here. I also want to knock at least $1,500 off the base to get me in line with the $ off invoice recommended in this forum.

$22,647 + $599 + $1800 TAVT (guesstimate based on lower base) + $44 tax/title = $25,090 OTD

And maybe also asking for the trunk tray since that seems to be part of the package that includes the locks/splash guard per honda.com?

Yes good plan especially with a 599 doc fee charge. My Accord sport that i bought several months back had the wheel locks and splash guards on vehicle that where thrown into deal. Dealer also gave me 2 free oil changes. If you can wait till the very end of the month and give dealer your counter offer u should do better. I had 15 dealerships lined up for a end of may sale which worked well in my favor .
  • Options
    Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151

The link below shows the average you fees by state and shows your state, Georgia as bieng highest at 2495. That sounds outrageous IMO. You and everyone should research your own states DMV charges online to know what your getting into, wether it is better to get new tags or to transfer or if you qualify for discounts. In my state they use an online regisration system tied to dmv and will charge you the correct amount. My reg fees actually went down from thier quote when they used the softwear. The wheel lock, splashguard, trunk tray add ons are called a pro pack and I too had them thrown into the deal for free . Invoice is $24,483 and you should try to be at least 2000 below that at this point of the year, 2019 will probably be out next month https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html
  • Options
    map1234map1234 Member Posts: 2
    Good day! Have read these forums in the past and have had great help. Looking to test drive an Accord today. How do you get all the email addresses of the different dealers? Seemed that when I did chat on site, they will not give you the email address. They want yours first. Can you recommend dealers in the Long Island and surrounding areas that would be my best bet for pricing? I am willing to do a little traveling for a grea price. It has been quite awhile since I have test driven a new car. What type of information do you need to give them? Is it better to wait till October when 2019s come out or stick with quarter end for pricing? Thank you once again for all the helpful information that is available here.
  • Options
    What model are you looking at? 
  • Options
    map1234 said:
    Good day! Have read these forums in the past and have had great help. Looking to test drive an Accord today. How do you get all the email addresses of the different dealers? Seemed that when I did chat on site, they will not give you the email address. They want yours first. Can you recommend dealers in the Long Island and surrounding areas that would be my best bet for pricing? I am willing to do a little traveling for a grea price. It has been quite awhile since I have test driven a new car. What type of information do you need to give them? Is it better to wait till October when 2019s come out or stick with quarter end for pricing? Thank you once again for all the helpful information that is available here.
    Have you already done a test drive? If not, do that first to determine whether you like the car. Be prepared to share your contact info before or after the test drive. My advice to you is to tell the sales guy you are just there for a test drive and not talk about numbers. Once you have settled on a trim you are interested in, use this forum and other sites as a resource.

You have a couple of options since 2019s are around the corner. You can wait till next month to make a deal on a 2018 model or wait longer. Be aware that the longer you wait, your color combination may not be available.

When you are ready to buy, go to a dealer's website and request a price quote. Make sure you are provided with the following info:

1. Sale price of the car without any incentives (but including the destination fee)
    2. Any incentives you might qualify for
    3. Dealer doc fees
    4. Any other fees such as registration, etc

Be prepared to contact as many Honda dealers for the best deal. Where are you located?

Read up on previous posts about some of the end of month buying tips. Buying a new car takes time and research, but there are a lot of folks here ready to help. Dealing with sales guys can be frustrating at times, so make sure you do not fall for these tricks: "We will match or beat any competitor's price" or "Come on in". Only walk into the dealership (after you have done a test drive) to inspect the car and sign the papers.

Good luck.
  • Options
    shubhgarg123shubhgarg123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, I just received the following offer for an Accord Sport 1.5L 2018 lease for 3 years and 12k/yr in San Jose, CA(95134).
    MSRP: $26675
    Sales Price (I negotiated before asking for lease quote): $22988
    Downpayment: $3500 ($500 will be applied to it as new college grad bonus)
    Monthly lease: $219 including taxes
    Residual after lease (57% of MSRP): $15204

Does this sound like a good deal?
    Is there any way I could get the dealership to reduce the residual value?
  • Options

Hi all, I just received the following offer for an Accord Sport 1.5L 2018 lease for 3 years and 12k/yr in San Jose, CA(95134).

Residual values are fixed by the bank.
    If they reduced the residual value, the monthly cost would go up. Why would you want to do that?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gdautigdauti Member Posts: 39
    All- Just want to say a big thank you to all of the support I received on this forum.  I ended up taking delivery of the Accord Touring 1.5t earlier this week.  Thanks again!

• Options
    gdauti said:

All- Just want to say a big thank you to all of the support I received on this forum.  I ended up taking delivery of the Accord Touring 1.5t earlier this week.  Thanks again!

Sharp! Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jaggerfjaggerf Member Posts: 12
    Short Question

What incentives, dealer and consumer, are available up to the end of October, for consumers in Southern California? will there be more or better incentives in November and December?

My Search

I frequently rent Audi A4s from Silvercar, so I took the A4 as my model car for a new purchase, but they are too expensive, so I looked to cars that came as close to the A4 in experience, in my opinion, without the just under $50k price.

The last vehicle standing is the Accord EX after considering the EX-L (extra $2.5k for things I don't need), and Mazda 6 (platform, instrument cluster, transmission), and Camry (dash layout).

To be sure I rented a 2018 LX from Turo for a week. Even though it did not have every feature of the EX it gave me an idea of size, driving experience, and if there were any glaring negatives in the car that would not be noticeable in a test drive.

Invoice = New MSRP

The invoice prices are currently around 91.5% of MSRP, so getting a price under the stated invoice price should not be a big deal. We should probably target 85% of MSRP to judge deal performance.

Inventory

Here in Southern California I found 28 dealers that stock the color and model I want. One has 27 cars.

The color I want (white) happens to be the color with the most inventory.

October/November/December

October seems to be an ideal month for a purchase, since the last day falls on Wednesday. I can start contacting dealers on Monday and finalize Wednesday. But November also ends on a weekday (Friday) so there will more time to deal. December is odd because of NYE, but you can possibly treat it like November.

Cheers
  • Options
    PinkFloydFanPinkFloydFan Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2018

Sounds like a rip off

Go to calculator net and punch in the numbers for a lease, I omitted sales tax for simplicity. I live in CA as well. I punched in 23,583 for your adjusted cap (I added 595 to your sales price for acq fee). 15204 residual as you gave, money factor of .00092 (current MF listing, might be mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong), and 3500 down.

Got a payment before tax of 168 dollars

219 incuding tax is a rip off, unless your downpayment isn't a cap reduction and includes things like fees, taxes, first month etc
  • Options
    PinkFloydFanPinkFloydFan Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2018
    Quick ?

Honda locally here advertising touring 1.5T for 189.88 month, 2999 down (includes first month in there with cap reduction, so 35 payments more of 189.88). This is all before tax and drive off fees. Working backwards with a MF of .00092, and a residual of 18,725 (54% as found online), I get a sales price for this car before 595 acq fee of 26,355, which is like 8300 under MSRP. They have a surplus of tourings which isn't a surprise because most accord buyers aren't interested in an accord with a 34k msrp.

They won't sell me the car cash for this much, can I take the lease and buy it out month 1? Does Honda allow very early buyout. I've leased before and never seen a buyout fee, only a return fee?

Thanks.
  • Options
    wineman123wineman123 Member Posts: 81
    Which dealer is this?
  • Options
    gdauti said:

I just bought the same exact car and picked it up Thursday.  I love it. Enjoy. 
  • Options
    SCbuyerSCbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5T
    Purchase price 26,215
    GA Tax 1888
    Dealer fee 399
    OTD 28502
    Some accessories included (floor mats, etc)
  • Options
    map1234map1234 Member Posts: 2

map1234 said:

Have you already done a test drive? If not, do that first to determine whether you like the car. Be prepared to share your contact info before or after the test drive. My advice to you is to tell the sales guy you are just there for a test drive and not talk about numbers. Once you have settled on a trim you are interested in, use this forum and other sites as a resource.

You have a couple of options since 2019s are around the corner. You can wait till next month to make a deal on a 2018 model or wait longer. Be aware that the longer you wait, your color combination may not be available.

When you are ready to buy, go to a dealer's website and request a price quote. Make sure you are provided with the following info:

1. Sale price of the car without any incentives (but including the destination fee)
    3. Dealer doc fees

Be prepared to contact as many Honda dealers for the best deal. Where are you located?

Read up on previous posts about some of the end of month buying tips. Buying a new car takes time and research, but there are a lot of folks here ready to help. Dealing with sales guys can be frustrating at times, so make sure you do not fall for these tricks: "We will match or beat any competitor's price" or "Come on in". Only walk into the dealership (after you have done a test drive) to inspect the car and sign the papers.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for all that information and taking the time to answer my questions so thoroughly. I have been doing this a little backwards. Have been reading these forums first before the test drive! Lol. Have had a couple of Hondas in the past, so I am pretty confident I will love it. Hopefully, will go some time this week. I feel very fortunate to have so many well informed people on this site. I am on Long Island, NY but am flexible with going a little ways to buy. Last time when my son bought a car, I used this site and followed the info that was pretty much the same as yours and feel he got a really good deal on the last day of the month. Thank you once again and I will be following this forum closely!
  • Options
    map1234 said:
    map1234 said:

3. Dealer doc fees

Good luck.
    Thank you so much for all that information and taking the time to answer my questions so thoroughly. I have been doing this a little backwards. Have been reading these forums first before the test drive! Lol. Have had a couple of Hondas in the past, so I am pretty confident I will love it. Hopefully, will go some time this week. I feel very fortunate to have so many well informed people on this site. I am on Long Island, NY but am flexible with going a little ways to buy. Last time when my son bought a car, I used this site and followed the info that was pretty much the same as yours and feel he got a really good deal on the last day of the month. Thank you once again and I will be following this forum closely!
    One more thing. Once you test drive a car and decide on the trim you are interested in, feel free to post price quotes you receive from dealers. 
  • Options
    zb512zb512 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2018 Accord Touring 1.5T.

MSRP: $34,675
    Dealer accessories: +$1,278.08 (door moldings, fender trim, wheel locks, pinstripe)

Effective cost: $27,695 (“Paid” $29,195 - $1,500 flex cash)
    Processing charge: +$300
    Tags: +$501
    Tax: +$1,769.70

Effective OTD: $30,265.70 ($31,765.70 - $1,500 flex cash towards down payment)

The way the flex cash goes on the ledger can look funny, if you’re not expecting it. The $1,500 in flex cash cost me $108 in extra tax, because the deduction was after the sales tax. But whatever.

Tags were oddly high, but it wasn’t worth the quibble. The accessories are not really worth almost $1,300. They were never discussed. Just included. If my math is right, the effective sale price was close to $7,000 under MSRP and over $8,000 under sticker. I am pleased with the car and the ultimate cost to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    zb512 said:

I purchased a 2018 Accord Touring 1.5T.

MSRP: $34,675
    Dealer accessories: +$1,278.08 (door moldings, fender trim, wheel locks, pinstripe)

Effective cost: $27,695 (“Paid” $29,195 - $1,500 flex cash)
    Processing charge: +$300
    Tags: +$501
    Tax: +$1,769.70

Effective OTD: $30,265.70 ($31,765.70 - $1,500 flex cash towards down payment)

The way the flex cash goes on the ledger can look funny, if you’re not expecting it. The $1,500 in flex cash cost me $108 in extra tax, because the deduction was after the sales tax. But whatever.

Tags were oddly high, but it wasn’t worth the quibble. The accessories are not really worth almost $1,300. They were never discussed. Just included. If my math is right, the effective sale price was close to $7,000 under MSRP and over $8,000 under sticker. I am pleased with the car and the ultimate cost to me.

While analyzing your deal, these were my observations:
    • Sale price of the car before incentives was $5480 off MSRP (not including accessories)
    • Sale price of the car was $2604 below invoice before incentives
    • Sale price of the car was $4104 below invoice after $1500 in incentives
    Overall you did well, minus the more than $1200 in accessories you paid for. As long as you are happy with the deal, congrats.
  • Options
    2604 under invoice is better than my 2300...but I had no dealer add ons.  I love my 1.5 Touring. 
  • Options
    AlpineazsalesAlpineazsales Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone, I just bought a 2018 Accord EX (white w/black cloth interior)
    Price $24,250 + $499 window tint (too much, I know - I should have negotiated - dwindling availability of EX’s so I just accepted the deal)
    + $499 doc fee
    + $1930 AZ sales tax
    + $492 registration / license
    = $27,675 out the door (no trade)

Loan amount $20,000. 3.59% @ 72 months = $309 / month
    Down payment $7675

Phoenix, Arizona dealership
  • Options
    Kevin OBrienKevin OBrien Member Posts: 11
    Please comment on this deal:

2018 Accord EX
    23,500 Price (MSRP $28,365 incl destination)
    179 Mud Flaps
    250 DOC
    30 Tag
    6.75% sales tax
    Financing 2.9% for 60 months (could be a game here)

Tried at a few dealerships for $23,000 and told them I had 23,500 they all passed.

They won't take the mud flaps off so basically the price is 23,679 or $4,686 off MSRP (16,5%)

Can I do better on an EX?

How much are people getting off EX vs EXL vs Touring?

This is a rush purchase for me, just back from vacation and swamped at work.

You think I can get 6,000 off an EXL. If so maybe I will upgrade.
  • Options
    Kevin OBrienKevin OBrien Member Posts: 11
    Does Honda have Incentives on EX's?
  • Options

Does Honda have Incentives on EX's?

Nope

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    robasturobastu Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    How much would you say is fair to pay for dealer adds of wheel locks, splash guards (all 4 tires) and a trunk tray for a 1.5 Sport? Thank you